What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

This has become quite the esoteric thread the last several pages. Not much mainstream stuff discussed anymore.

Think I'm gonna go with Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA tonight. Tastes great, is usually available for $14.99 or $15.99 for 12 and with that you get a 7.2% ABV. Awesome bang for the buck.
Get out of here with your macro trash
Hold on, maybe we misunderstood. I am sure it's the barrel aged version.
It does feature citra hops, which was very trendy with the esoteria a few years ago.
Key words: a few years ago.I am currently drinking a Bukharin Russian Imperial Stout. Only one barrel produced. The recipe was burnt and the brewer was executed to make sure nobody else ever gets a chance to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has become quite the esoteric thread the last several pages. Not much mainstream stuff discussed anymore.

Think I'm gonna go with Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA tonight. Tastes great, is usually available for $14.99 or $15.99 for 12 and with that you get a 7.2% ABV. Awesome bang for the buck.
It does feature citra hops, which was very trendy with the esoteria a few years ago.
Key words: a few years ago.I am currently drinking a Bukharin [del] Russian Imperial [/del] Stout. Only one barrel produced. The recipe was burnt and the brewer was executed to make sure nobody else ever gets a chance to try it.
:crazy:

Key words: a few years ago.I am currently drinking a Bukharin [del] Russian Imperial [/del] Stout. Only one barrel produced. The recipe was burnt and the brewer was executed to make sure nobody else ever gets a chance to try it.
I'm just joking obviously, I don't really follow the trends of any hops. Also, how do you strike through? I tried like 10 different things. This is why we need a test forum.

I'm just joking obviously, I don't really follow the trends of any hops. Also, how do you strike through? I tried like 10 different things. This is why we need a test forum.
:lol: I know yall werent serious but it struck me as funny because I seek out Citra beers.You talking about this? Bracket an 's'.

You're face is esoteric.
Newport Pizza, Monday at 3pm.
On it. I play soccer from 2-4 on Mondays though, so see you at 345?

Btw, Pizza Port almost closed on Tuesday when you didn't show up this week.

Stone Green Tea IPA.

I'm a green tea fan...and I love stone, but this didn't work. Opened it up at our party last night and shared with 9-10 people. All thumbs down.

Ballast Point Dorado is fantastic. IIPA.

New stone enjoy by 2/26, wonderful
Completely agree - Stone Green Tea IPA was awful.
Completely disagree. I love that beer. I wish more breweries worked with tea. Enough of this one dimensional coffee bull####. There is a lot that can be done with tea. My Yerba Mate homebrew was ####.

A local bar has a cask of the variation called Charred Tsar that includes actual pieces of the burnt brewer. Supposed to be tapped tonight.

Got some catching up to do...

Was in San Diego Wednesday night and Sebowski and his girl met up with me at Pizza Port to watch the Heels game before my redeye home. Some highlights:

- Mission/Alpine Don't Act Like You're Not Impressed IPA

- Pizza Port T-Rex IPA (nice mango flavor)

- Pizza Port Kung Fu Elvis (they called this a strong pale ale

- Hop Concept Dank and Sticky (smelled so good. Tasty but the nose was amazing)

Got home from work Thursday night and had a box of beer from Wingnut. Opened a Crowler of Crank IPA last night and put it down in like 15min. It's 6% and the easiest drinking IPA I've ever had. Not much of a nose and doesn't have much of a dank hop flavor or smell, but holy citrus. Not bitter, comes off juicy and clean. Really good beer. Could and would drink a lot of this. More Wingnut beers to follow...

Treehouse brewing is close to getting their canning line up and running...this is fantastic news. From their December blog on what's coming in 2015 due to their recent expansion;

We will have a lot more beer. New equipment purchases will allow us to make at least ten times as much beer in 2015 as we did in 2014. We have a 30 bbl brewhouse landing within a few weeks and a mixture of 30 & 60 BBL tanks are already in place. How many barrels? Honestly, I dont know. but, a lot more.

Which beers will we can? To start Julius. We will be making a LOT of Julius in 2015 and beyond. To put how much into perspective, we expect to make as much Julius in three weeks - once we get rolling - as weve made in the entire three years Tree House has existed. Also making appearances, with near certainty, will be each Eureka variant (including a new Mosaic version), Green, Haze, and Thats What She Said. They will all be available in 16 oz. four packs at the retail shop.

:eek:

Julius is consistently in the top 3 IPAs on BA and is currently #1...I hope it doesn't change in the can.
We went to the retail store as part of last year's TBS get-together, and IIRC one of their guys (maybe not a brewer but an employee?) came by for a bit of the party that weekend. The retail store was a cool little wooden shack on the side of the road in like farm country. They only had 2 beers on, Green and Eureka, IIRC, but both were fantastic. I came home with a few growlers. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

Was in San Diego Wednesday night and Sebowski and his girl met up with me at Pizza Port to watch the Heels game before my redeye home. Some highlights:

Got home from work Thursday night and had a box of beer from Wingnut. Opened a Crowler of Crank IPA last night and put it down in like 15min. It's 6% and the easiest drinking IPA I've ever had. Not much of a nose and doesn't have much of a dank hop flavor or smell, but holy citrus. Not bitter, comes off juicy and clean. Really good beer. Could and would drink a lot of this. More Wingnut beers to follow...
:thumbup: To the bold I say you crazy...I crack a growler or crowler and the smell smacks me in the face as I pour...to me it smells as juicy as it tastes (and looks). Glad you liked it, it IS insanely crushable. Its Cycles highest ABV core IPA, most of the others are session strength between 4-6%.

The Three Palms Rye IPA was a last minute addition, I happened to be passing by and figured why not...they're not a great brewery yet, they're super small, but theyre getting better.

Curious to see what you think of Rapp's Gose...its pretty true to style/traditional.

Also...about that home brew...I had 3 duds out of 20 beers that didn't carb...I'm hoping the one I sent is a good one...if it is, pour is slow on the tilt or you'll have a glass of foam...and keep in mind it was my first beer from my own recipe (non kit), so its not gonna blow you away...I just thought it'd be a cool extra to throw in.

:banned:

The plan for today is to go local:

Hailstorm Prairie Madness IPA (mosaic hopped - they rotate the hops every release)

Hailstorm Vlad the Conquistador (a play off of their Vlad the Impaler RIS that includes cacao, cinnamon, agave, vanilla, and ancho/chipotle/guajillo peppers)

Hailstorm Prairie Madness IPA (mosaic hopped - they rotate the hops every release)

Hailstorm Vlad the Conquistador (a play off of their Vlad the Impaler RIS that includes cacao, cinnamon, agave, vanilla, and ancho/chipotle/guajillo peppers)
Hailstorm only available at Binny's by me, hate going there but may run tomorrow tonight since I love me some mosaic hops.

Just got a box from palmersteel of some NC goodies

NoDa Hop Cakes

NoDa Hop Drop & Roll

Westbrook Gose

Troegs Nugget Nectar

Wicked Weed Genesis

Wicked Weed Serenity

Wicked Weed Oblivion

Wicked Weed Lusus Naturae

Foothills Jade IPA

Pisgah Oak Aged Pale

:pickle:

Thanks, GB!

Good times.

Did you make it to Stone?

Good times.

Did you make it to Stone?
Nah. I didn't have enough time to drop the car off and get back and didn't want to push it. Drove by it. Doing a work free weekend in San Diego this year for sure!

Hailstorm only available at Binny's by me, hate going there but may run tomorrow tonight since I love me some mosaic hops.
I wasn't impressed with the one I had in the bottle. You also don't know which version it is (as far as I know) since the mosaic was just released on tap recently. The bottles seem to lag behind the tap for understandable reasons. If it's the last release, citra, then maybe it's better. Pretty sure the bomber I had was galaxy and was relatively weak when on tap it was much better. I just grabbed a growler of the mosaic. About to open it with Crimson Snapper on deck.

You can keep the gose but the rest looks great. Kind of intrigued by that jade ipa. And nugget nectar and the NoDa stuff of course.

Nice haul.
The Jade is great...tried some on tap when I was in Charlotte. Bought half a growler (it kicked while filling). Really happy to be able to try it again.And the Gose is da goods!!! You probably wouldn't like the WWs much.

Gotta work later but had to have a Hop Drop. So damn good, if I could get it here I'd always have some on hand. One of my favorite IPAs.

All I know is its about time I get on a regular cardio routine...all these delicious, high calorie beer aren't doing me any favors.

Wingnut said:
All I know is its about time I get on a regular cardio routine...all these delicious, high calorie beer aren't doing me any favors.
Yeah, beer is as good for your mental health as it is bad for your physical health.

Wooderson said:
Surly Darkness Russian Imperial Stout 2011
4 year old beer that was hard to get when it was released. Not one comment.Where are the beer snobs. ?

Wooderson said:
Surly Darkness Russian Imperial Stout 2011
4 year old beer that was hard to get when it was released. Not one comment.Where are the beer snobs. ?
I would have but I don't drink or like Imperial Stouts.
I'm a heavy hop guy myself but a good stout is great for a change.
I like stouts sometimes, just not the big boozy ones. Actually Im not a fan of any boozy beers...I don't like to feel the burn. Lol

Cigar City Strawberry Shortcake Lager courtesy of Wingnut. It smelled awesome, just like strawberry shortcake. Pretty good beer. Only need one glass though. Kept thinking how I wished it was sour so had about a half glass left and mixed it with Westbrook Gose. Delicious.

Cigar City Strawberry Shortcake Lager courtesy of Wingnut. It smelled awesome, just like strawberry shortcake. Pretty good beer. Only need one glass though. Kept thinking how I wished it was sour so had about a half glass left and mixed it with Westbrook Gose. Delicious.
I thought it was pretty average...but the aroma is fantastic. I didn't try it til after it was boxed up...glad you liked it, and mixing with gose was a great idea...wish I had thought of that!

Having a NoDa Hop Cakes from palmer. Good stuff, very smooth and for a 10.2% ABV the alcohol is well hidden. Extremely balanced, its sweet but the hops are right there with it up front. Piney, resiny, great hoppy flavor. Not getting much maple in the nose or taste, but will see as it warms up a bit. Very easy drinking DIPA that's not over malty like a lot of 10+% ABV beers. Another great beer from NoDa.

Users who are viewing this thread