What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Fake Scarcity Mixtape Draft #1: Tuesday picks 12 & 4PM EDT (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
Fake scarcity mixtape draft #1

Draft a 11 (or 12) song mixtape from the categories below. Pick songs you love, pick songs to fit a theme, picks songs that follow a groove, who cares it's music maaaan.

Optional: Post your final mix via MP3s, Spotify or Youtube playlist, Karaoke medley, music in your mind, etc. to impress your ifriends with your good taste.
Link to Googlesheet

Link to Spotify playlist with all picks
----------------------------------------

sn0mm1s
JZilla
El Floppo
The Dreaded Marco (partial Spotify mix). Zip file to entire mix

http://www.megafileupload.com/1XXp/Marco_Scarcity_Mix.zipHov34
simey
Northern Voice
KarmaPolice
Mrs. Rannous
Steve Tasker
Eephus mix

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick (1) song with numbers in the title. Scarcity twist: the number comes off the board when chosen, e.g.. no more "100" songs after "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" gets selected.

Pick (1) solo song from band members where the band was much more popular than the solo artist. It wasn't my category so I don't know how much the much more popular angle will be enforced. Don't come looking for the commissioner on this one. Scarcity twist: the band comes off the board when chosen, e.g. no Keith Partridge solo songs eligible after somebody drafts a song by Danny.

Pick (1) song by a female artist. A "female" group either has a woman lead singer or two or more female members. Scarcity twist: the artist comes off the board when picked.

Pick (1) legitimately popular song. Pick a song that reached the top five in the US Billboard Pop charts. This site or this site are the authoritative source for chart info. The Pop chart is the only one that matters, no country, urban, alternative corporate radio BS. Scarcity twist: the artist comes off the board when picked.

Pick (1) USA song by state (plus Washington DC, US territories and protectorates) . Use the state of birth for solo artists and the place where they formed for bands. Don't try to claim the Eagles for Michigan because Glenn Frey was born there. Better yet, don't pick the Eagles at all. Scarcity twist: the state comes off the board when picked.

Pick (1) international songs. Songs by an artist from a country other than the good ol' USA. We're using FIFA country definitions instead of the UN's, so England, Scotland, Wales and Ulster are separate countries. Scarcity twist: the country comes off the board when selected, e.g. no Poles eligible after Chopin.

Pick (1) song that mentions a type of drug or alcohol in the lyrics. Brand names count as their generic category. Scarcity twist: the type of drug or alcohol comes off the board. If the song mentions multiple types, the drafter gets to pick one type to close out.

Pick (1) song with an instrumental solo. No need to study music theory for a definition, any section of a song without lyrics is good enough. Scarcity twist: the instrument comes off the board when selected. All instruments are eligible but if you pick a guitar solo, it better be damned good. Saxophones are count as multiple instruments (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone) but all synths count as one instrument. All instruments can be chosen twice.

Pick (1) song that mentions the nickname of a sports team. It can either be in the title or in the lyrics. College and non-USA names are fine. The reference can be singular, e.g.. "Eye of the Tiger" and "76 Trombones" are both good. Scarcity twist: team comes off the board when selected.

Pick (1) song performed by a group including two or more members of a nuclear family (brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers). Scarcity twist: group comes off the board when selected.

Pick (1) song _TITLE_ containing a month of the year (each month eligible twice) or a day of the week (each day eligible x 3). Don't try to get cute with May as a verb. Scarcity twist: the month or day comes off the board when selected.

BONUS ROUND 12: If everyone is still paying attention at the end of round 11, pick an extra eligible song from any of the draft categories.

Here is an update on closed out items I hopefully have caught everything and put it in the right category:

Instruments: (Struck thru have been used twice)

Guitar

Piano

Organ

Harmonica

Alto Sax

Violin

Mandolin

Trumpet

Spoons

Banjo

Countries:

Canada

Australia

England

France

Wales

Sweden

Ireland

Alcohol/Drugs:

Beer

Bourbon

Morphine

Marijauana

Heroin

Hashish

Wine

US State:

New York

California

Numbers:

Month/Day:

July

November

Friday

-------------------------------

Current Autoskip: Binky the Doormat, JML, Groovus, Mister CIA, Ilove80s, El Floppo, Hov34

Categories aren't final. If you hate one category or have another to suggest, go for it.

You're not taking my drug/alcohol category without taking me - IN

Speaking of that dumb category, if someone takes a "type" of liquor (say tequila) does that mean all liquors are off limits?

Same with Beer. PBR taken, all beers off limits?

You're not taking my drug/alcohol category without taking me - IN

Speaking of that dumb category, if someone takes a "type" of liquor (say tequila) does that mean all liquors are off limits?

Same with Beer. PBR taken, all beers off limits?
Beer yes. Ales and malt liquor are off the board

Tequila no. Gin, whiskey, Campari, cotton candy flavored vodka, etc. are all still in play.

Safe to assume that for the solo songs, you can't do one artist doing a solo cover of the band's song? (e.g. Glen Frey doing Hotel California)

Sounds ridiculous. I'm in. So basically, you take something like Already Gone or Desperado for your "USA song" and California's off the board?

Categories aren't final. If you hate one category or have another to suggest, go for it.
The intsrumental solo category could get sketchy pretty quickly, especially as the # of drafters increases. I'll think about an alternate.
I think it will stand up to around 12 participants or so.
If I'm counting right, I think we're already at 18. There's going to be some major scarcity for this category!

The intsrumental solo category could get sketchy pretty quickly, especially as the # of drafters increases. I'll think about an alternate.
If I'm counting right, I think we're already at 18. There's going to be some major scarcity for this category!
Make each instrument gone after being used twice and problem solved ...if we want to keep the category.

We need to cap it at 20. There's usually a person or two who bails so there's still some opportunity for latecomers.

20? I might be looking for songs with oboes by the time I get to that category.
Instrumental solo is the category that doesn't scale well. Binky's suggestion of doubling (or tripling) up on instruments is on the table, as well as a different category altogether.

Sounds ridiculous. I'm in. So basically, you take something like Already Gone or Desperado for your "USA song" and California's off the board?
Yeah, the whole state is defunct, stabbed to death with steely knives

Instrumental solo is the category that doesn't scale well. Binky's suggestion of doubling (or tripling) up on instruments is on the table, as well as a different category altogether.
The drug one seems more challenging. One gin and juice and alcohol is gone or only liquor or only gin?

Might be my first choice honestly.
Contrabasson is the money double reed instrument.
Meh. The oboe, cello and French horn are my favorites. That's the one advantage I might have in this draft, classic rock and metal are about my least favorite types of music.
French Horns kick ###. Back in the day when my father was at the Eastern Music Festival, they would occasionally break out a French horn quintet or something. And I swear that at least once, somewhere, an octet of French Horns. Pure madness.

Might be my first choice honestly.
Contrabasson is the money double reed instrument.
Meh. The oboe, cello and French horn are my favorites. That's the one advantage I might have in this draft, classic rock and metal are about my least favorite types of music.
French Horns kick ###. Back in the day when my father was at the Eastern Music Festival, they would occasionally break out a French horn quintet or something. And I swear that at least once, somewhere, an octet of French Horns. Pure madness.
Dennis Brain FTW

Songs mentioning a type of food as an alternate category? :shrug:

A few more possible categories:

Songs that reference a holiday.

Songs that reference a sports team and/or a specific sport

Song titles with a month of the year (each month eligible twice) or a day of the week (each day eligible x 3).

Song titles referencing a specific body part.

Eephus said:
The Dreaded Marco said:
We need to cap it at 20. There's usually a person or two who bails so there's still some opportunity for latecomers.
How many are in so far?

El Floppo

timscochet

Binky the Doormat

GrOOvus

Zamboni

simey

Mister CIA

Eephus

John Maddens Lunchbox

Steve Tasker

sn0mm1s