What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Race To Escape - Science Channel (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Anyone watching this? It's on Saturday nights. It cracks me up seeing people claim to be so incredibly smart, then getting to see them in problem solving situations only to fail miserably.

Of course, as much as I laugh at how dumb they are, I often wonder if I could figure out some of these puzzles on my own while being filmed.

Anyone watching this? It's on Saturday nights. It cracks me up seeing people claim to be so incredibly smart, then getting to see them in problem solving situations only to fail miserably.

Of course, as much as I laugh at how dumb they are, I often wonder if I could figure out some of these puzzles on my own while being filmed.
Is this that thing where they're locked in a room and have to get out? I've tried to play those games online, and I suck at them. There's always some key under a lamp somewhere that I just can't find.

Is this that thing where they're locked in a room and have to get out? I've tried to play those games online, and I suck at them. There's always some key under a lamp somewhere that I just can't find.
Yup, that's it. Two teams, in identical rooms trying to be the first to escape.

I'll have to check that out...I've seen things where they actually have places you can go and do these...Always wanted to try one, kind of like the mystery theater things they used to do.

I'll have to check that out...I've seen things where they actually have places you can go and do these...Always wanted to try one, kind of like the mystery theater things they used to do.
Yeah, I've had a couple of friends talk about doing them and they said they were a blast. I might have to look into doing one. The more I watch the show, the more it makes me want to try doing it myself.

Yeah, I've had a couple of friends talk about doing them and they said they were a blast. I might have to look into doing one. The more I watch the show, the more it makes me want to try doing it myself.
Keep me posted if you find one. I imagine I'd have to go to the city (NY or Philly) because they won't have those in the NJ burbs..

Keep me posted if you find one. I imagine I'd have to go to the city (NY or Philly) because they won't have those in the NJ burbs..
I see they have one in Lancaster. I might have to look into this.

I did this one in NYC.

it was horrifically bad. solutions to puzzles didn't work, and the set/room was like it was designed and fabricated by my 8yo. We did the thing with two other guys who have done other "escape the rooms" around the world. said this was far and away the worst one. I was able to solve three of the puzzles- 2 others didn't work and one was just cryptic and impossible (they gave us a hint and more time since #### wasn't working). we escaped. hooray.

We did one once in L.A. It was kind of fun, but pretty frustrating with the wrong group. There was 10 or so different puzzles and certain ones had to be solved in order to find the solution to another one.

The best strategy was to break up into a few teams and work on your puzzles and if you got stuck, trade with another group. Unfortunately, half our group had ADD and gave up after 20 minutes. So, out of our group of 12 there was only 4 or 5 people actually trying towards the end which made it impossible.

They said only 7 groups had solved this particular room and it had been going on for about 2-3 months. :shrug:

I did this one in NYC.

it was horrifically bad. solutions to puzzles didn't work, and the set/room was like it was designed and fabricated by my 8yo. We did the thing with two other guys who have done other "escape the rooms" around the world. said this was far and away the worst one. I was able to solve three of the puzzles- 2 others didn't work and one was just cryptic and impossible (they gave us a hint and more time since #### wasn't working). we escaped. hooray.
LMAO @ MH270. Poor Malaysia Air can't catch a break.

We did one once in L.A. It was kind of fun, but pretty frustrating with the wrong group. There was 10 or so different puzzles and certain ones had to be solved in order to find the solution to another one.

The best strategy was to break up into a few teams and work on your puzzles and if you got stuck, trade with another group. Unfortunately, half our group had ADD and gave up after 20 minutes. So, out of our group of 12 there was only 4 or 5 people actually trying towards the end which made it impossible.

They said only 7 groups had solved this particular room and it had been going on for about 2-3 months. :shrug:
Oof...are most of these things for big groups like that? I think 12 would be way too many. I want to work with like 2-4 people total. Like my wife and another couple or something.

Oof...are most of these things for big groups like that? I think 12 would be way too many. I want to work with like 2-4 people total. Like my wife and another couple or something.
This was for up to 11 people. We were a private group so they allowed 12.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah- they're for groups. we were 6 (4 of us and 2 strangers), but I think it went to 8.

it's not enough time to really do everything yourself.

The one I was looking at had three rooms and each room was for "up to.." a certain amount of people. One was for 6, then 8, then 12. I think the 6 one would be the one I'd want to go with. Wouldn't want to do it with people I didn't know.

Did anyone see last Saturday's episode in the barber shop? That's why I wouldn't want to do it with people I don't know. One chick spent time trying on hats and fixing her makeup in the mirror. And the guy was a loud mouth know it all who was an idiot. He would shout everyone down with his ideas which were just putting in any number he saw in the room.

But at least he was better than the dude on the other team who just wanted to input random 4 digit numbers while his team members tried to solve the puzzle.

I've learned that anytime someone says they are a leader or very intelligent, it pretty much means the exact opposite.

So every year I head down to Houston with the family for Thanksgiving. This year it looks like we are going to try one of these rooms. Should be fun.

Although I just think about how well my family plays Monopoly or any other game together and I could see the police having to be called to separate us. I better leave my homemade clock I've been working on at home that day.

i've done one of these with a group of buddies, and we had a blast. it was actually tougher than I thought it would be, and only a small percentage of people actually make it out, but we did. then we went to a bar and drank for like 5 hours and talked about it. fun stuff.

TIS there is one in Philly and there is one in Freehold NJ as well that I might go try with my oldest kid. If I do I will let all know how it is.

TIS there is one in Philly and there is one in Freehold NJ as well that I might go try with my oldest kid. If I do I will let all know how it is.
I see there's one out in Lancaster, too. Our room is officially booked for next month in Houston. Should be fun.

it would be cool if they used this show to lure bad guys to show up and play by telling them they could win a car but then when the bad guys got in the room it ended up it was a jail cell and unless you andy dufrane that thing you are not getting out so bam another bad guy in a cell take that to the bank brohans

So we did this in Houston. It was a blast. We had 7 people in our group, and they added a couple with us for a total of 9 people. My only complaints were that there were too many people. It felt like everyone was in the way for a room so small. Also, it seemed like the clues were so random. At one point it asked us for a code to enter. No clue on how to come up with it. Finally, the lady watching us sent in a clue that said "Look at the worker's profiles and find their birthdays. Than use the newspaper to get the clues hidden in the horoscopes."

:confused:

What?

How was anyone supposed to figure that out without a clue? A couple other clues were like that, too. But still, a fun experience.

Users who are viewing this thread