What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Footballguys Contest (1 Viewer)

I would be interested but I have a golf tournement on the 16th. Is there any way that the draft could be either the 16 or 17th?The 17th would be fine for me.
There will 16 different draft times covering the 16th and the 17th. Most likely 8 time slots each day.

I tried to reply once before, but Mr. Dodds hijacked my post. Probably because he doesn't like fat guys.I did originally say......::::::slamsmoneyonthetable::::::I'M IN!!!!!!!
I hit edit instead of quote that time. Sorry about that. Having superuser rights is tough sometimes...

I think you'll get at least 1000 teams. Are you going to let people buy more than one team? (Sorry if this was answered earlier, I didn't read page 4 of this thread).

I'm definitely in.My only suggestion would be to tweak the payout structure. Personally I think too much goes to the winner. I would rather you pay less to the winner (still a lot) and extend the tail a bit of who makes money. For example:1) 200 * # leagues2) 75 * # leagues3) 35 * # leagues4) 20 * # leagues5-8) 10 * # leagues9-16) 5 * # leagues17-32) 2 * # leagues33-64) FBG Lifetime Membership64-128) FBG hatThat way if you make the bracket part, you at least get a FBG membership. The payouts are also pretty similar in total. With 200 leagues, 40K still goes to the winner and even 17-32 would get $400. If you did have 200 leagues and 2400 participants and you finish 17th, you should get some dough (IMO)!!! You would need to tweak it if you got less than say 60 leagues. Just my 2 cents.Another thing, are you planning on playing a losers bracket in the "final 4" or using some tie breakers to determine 3rd and 4th place?Anyway, either way... I'm in.

I would do this. Suggestion: Many FF players have already invested several hundred dollars in to other leagues which may cause them to think twice about spending another $50.00. lowering the fee to maybe $30.00 would probably increase participation and those who had no problem paying $50.00 could enter twice (if rules allow).

Sounds great but just a few questions i have not seen asked yet:1) How long do you expect each draft to take?2) Will there be a time limit on each draft pick3) What happens to a league if only 11 of the 12 teams showup to draft?Plus any other info about how the actual draft will work, Are the draft positionsrandom?, etc.I think you will get alot of teams

yeah... if we can be in i am in... maybe twice... got to see how things go. i like this idea.
Still waiting to hear official word on whether or not the Goons are allowed to participate. I have my brother's wedding reception on the 16th and wife's birthday is the 17th... I'd still be able to participate if allowed. Let us know.

I'm in - A great primer for my other leagues.One question - Do you set the lineup each week or just use the high scorers from your team for the week? :no:

98% sure I'm in.Hey Dodds, Can we just put the S2 guys in the one league and take our guys for it. If they're interested, of course...gator
No...I set on admineristing multiple #### whoopings this year.
yo bass, i think there is another draft that weekend that might require your attention! :no: :D ;)

David...found one problem.Saturday, Aug. 16 Detroit at Cincinnati, 7:30 pm Philadelphia at Pittsburgh, 7:30 pm Baltimore at Atlanta, 8:00 pm Buffalo at Tennessee, 8:00 pm New England at Washington, 8:00 pm New Orleans at N.Y. Jets, 8:00 pm Denver at Chicago, 8:05 pm Minnesota at Kansas City, 8:30 pm Arizona at San Diego, 10:00 pm What if McAlister blows an ACL, Holmes has a monster first series, Moss pisses on a ref, Spurrier sticks with one QB, and Lewis breaks Vicks collar bone? Don't the guys drafting on Sunday have a huge advantage? I hope that you plan accordingly.

98% sure I'm in.Hey Dodds, Can we just put the S2 guys in the one league and take our guys for it.  If they're interested, of course...gator
No...I set on admineristing multiple #### whoopings this year.
yo bass, i think there is another draft that weekend that might require your attention! :no: :D ;)
Heck, I can do both drafts at the same time with half my brain tied behind my back while going for 3rds on the cue and breaking open the second twelve pack.

Might have missed this, but will high scorer get "immunity" the next week, like in the FBG Survivor?

What if McAlister blows an ACL, Holmes has a monster first series, Moss pisses on a ref, Spurrier sticks with one QB, and Lewis breaks Vicks collar bone? Don't the guys drafting on Sunday have a huge advantage? I hope that you plan accordingly.
Well there goes that strategy... thanks a lot, Bass! :wall:

Might have missed this, but will high scorer get "immunity" the next week, like in the FBG Survivor?
We decided against doing that and wanted teams to have to earn it every week to get to the Championship bracket.

David...found one problem.Saturday, Aug. 16 Detroit at Cincinnati, 7:30 pm Philadelphia at Pittsburgh, 7:30 pm Baltimore at Atlanta, 8:00 pm Buffalo at Tennessee, 8:00 pm New England at Washington, 8:00 pm New Orleans at N.Y. Jets, 8:00 pm Denver at Chicago, 8:05 pm Minnesota at Kansas City, 8:30 pm Arizona at San Diego, 10:00 pm What if McAlister blows an ACL, Holmes has a monster first series, Moss pisses on a ref, Spurrier sticks with one QB, and Lewis breaks Vicks collar bone? Don't the guys drafting on Sunday have a huge advantage? I hope that you plan accordingly.
You raise a good point, but I don't know what options we have. During the week no one will be able to do it. And every weekend will have preseason games where sombody could get hurt. But yes if I was playing I would draft on Sunday. If we chose just one day on the weekend I am guessing that alot of people could not do it.We also could stress out MFL servers if we tried to do it all at the same time.We will offer both days, but I would guess the people that can will draft on Sunday.

You raise a good point, but I don't know what options we have. During the week no one will be able to do it. And every weekend will have preseason games where sombody could get hurt. But yes if I was playing I would draft on Sunday. If we chose just one day on the weekend I am guessing that alot of people could not do it.We also could stress out MFL servers if we tried to do it all at the same time.We will offer both days, but I would guess the people that can will draft on Sunday.
Hmmmm .... could be an advantage to drafting on Saturday too. Maybe all the Sharks will want to draft on Sunday to avoid the possibility of injury during the Saturday preseason game. Thus, by drafting on Saturday (and assuming the minor risk of a significant injury that day) I will have a greater likelihood of having a few guppies in my league. :wall:

David...found one problem.Saturday, Aug. 16 Detroit at Cincinnati, 7:30 pm Philadelphia at Pittsburgh, 7:30 pm Baltimore at Atlanta, 8:00 pm Buffalo at Tennessee, 8:00 pm New England at Washington, 8:00 pm New Orleans at N.Y. Jets, 8:00 pm Denver at Chicago, 8:05 pm Minnesota at Kansas City, 8:30 pm Arizona at San Diego, 10:00 pm What if McAlister blows an ACL, Holmes has a monster first series, Moss pisses on a ref, Spurrier sticks with one QB, and Lewis breaks Vicks collar bone?  Don't the guys drafting on Sunday have a huge advantage?  I hope that you plan accordingly.
Hmmmm .... could be an advantage to drafting on Saturday too. Maybe all the Sharks will want to draft on Sunday to avoid the possibility of injury during the Saturday preseason game. Thus, by drafting on Saturday (and assuming the minor risk of a significant injury that day) I will have a greater likelihood of having a few guppies in my league. :wall:
I've got a better method of finding guppies...just ask who's paid $500 for meat.Burning Sensation Invitational

Still waiting to hear official word on whether or not the Goons are allowed to participate. I have my brother's wedding reception on the 16th and wife's birthday is the 17th... I'd still be able to participate if allowed. Let us know.
Hi David. I am receiving some questions from our News Reporters about the contest.Will they be allowed to participate in the league this season?There seems to be a ton of interest from our 'Goons'

I'd definitely want to be in, but I just thought of something that might be a legal technicality...would minors be allowed to participate? I'm 17, and will turn 18 in December, but as of drafttime I'm still underage...would I be eligible to win? Please let me know. Thanks.

I'm definitely in.My only suggestion would be to tweak the payout structure. Personally I think too much goes to the winner. I would rather you pay less to the winner (still a lot) and extend the tail a bit of who makes money. For example:1) 200 * # leagues2) 75 * # leagues3) 35 * # leagues4) 20 * # leagues5-8) 10 * # leagues9-16) 5 * # leagues17-32) 2 * # leagues33-64) FBG Lifetime Membership64-128) FBG hatThat way if you make the bracket part, you at least get a FBG membership. The payouts are also pretty similar in total. With 200 leagues, 40K still goes to the winner and even 17-32 would get $400. If you did have 200 leagues and 2400 participants and you finish 17th, you should get some dough (IMO)!!! You would need to tweak it if you got less than say 60 leagues. Just my 2 cents.Another thing, are you planning on playing a losers bracket in the "final 4" or using some tie breakers to determine 3rd and 4th place?Anyway, either way... I'm in.
I like this payout structure more too. :wall:

Did someone mention only guppie leagues on Saturday? mmmmm...guppies.... :angry: .

But if all the sharks draft on Saturday with the hope of finding guppies maybe I should draft on Sunday because Saturday will fill up forcing the guppies into a Sunday draft.

But then again all the true sharks will draft on Sunday despite the hope of getting into an all guppie league on Saturday due to the oft chance of a player injury during Saturday's pre-season games.

However, the biggest most baddest of the true sharks will know this and take the risk of drafting on.......

Oh, just count me in...can I draft on Monday?

Count me in. And I wouldn't really worry about disinformation on the message boards. We've all got more class than that. Too bad about LT, Ricky Williams and Clinton Portis being out for the year, though.

I tried to reply once before, but Mr. Dodds hijacked my post. Probably because he doesn't like fat guys.I did originally say......::::::slamsmoneyonthetable::::::I'M IN!!!!!!!
I hit edit instead of quote that time. Sorry about that. Having superuser rights is tough sometimes...
I thought maybe you guys were letting me in the "network" :wall: Oh well, still a peon :D

Must be a Democrat hey? :D

And I wouldn't really worry about disinformation on the message boards. We've all got more class than that.
sure we do! :D :devil: :wall: <------ See also: avatar ;) (just kidding!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David. I am receiving some questions from our News Reporters about the contest.Will they be allowed to participate in the league this season?There seems to be a ton of interest from our 'Goons'
Hey Guys,Glad to see you fellas are into this. I think it'll be very cool.Chris, I'll have to confirm with Legal guys on this about the Blogger guys being able to participate.J

Typically, when companies hold contests, employees are not eligible to win. So, it is probably a matter of whether or not the Goons are considered employees. It avoids the possible circumstance where a Goon could win and sore losers could cry "fixed."I'm not a lawyer, that's just my uneducated guess. Personally, I'm cool with it cause it means more money for me.

Typically, when companies hold contests, employees are not eligible to win. So, it is probably a matter of whether or not the Goons are considered employees. It avoids the possible circumstance where a Goon could win and sore losers could cry "fixed."I'm not a lawyer, that's just my uneducated guess. Personally, I'm cool with it cause it means more money for me.
I wouldn't consider the Bloggers as employees... FBG isn't paying for their health care and other things, so they aren't employees IMO...

'][QUOTE=PoopOn]Typically said:
I wouldn't consider the Bloggers as employees... FBG isn't paying for their health care and other things, so they aren't employees IMO...
I am a Goon and will definitely be taking all of your money. Hate to do it, but I've been given the green light to participate.

Users who are viewing this thread