What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Message Board Survivor Leagues (1 Viewer)

FM69...Last year we started this in July and finished just before camp opened. I think the timeframe was pretty good. I also really like the scoring and the depth of players selected (14 teams). Some complained initially that there weren't enough players to go around, but it really forced me to do some deep research.Personally, I think it would be great to give last year's owners a week to get aboard again, especially if we're not going to start for a couple of months. Another option is to get started with a slow draft after the NFL draft.

If there's room, I'd love a shot at knockin around with the folks still on the chat forum in April. No question about it!

[1]

FM69

Kleck

LadyBeBop

Abrecher

Juice

Sandbagger

Air-Fryar

Glumpy

Markuss Royal

Bass

Neion Deion

Dallas

[2]

Duke

Badboy

GKT

Alias

Double Down

RushRook

Shaddowfax

Pirate

EBF

Tex

Wolverine

Eggs

[3]

MinBears

RIL

Fullback Fro

Subdude

Chtlins

Jmalin

Gobosox

Gonads

Bueno

Fletch

Vitruvian Man

rip273

Am I missing anyone??

Last edited by a moderator:
[1]

FM69

Kleck

LadyBeBop

Abrecher

Juice

Sandbagger

Air-Fryar

Glumpy

Markuss Royal

Bass

Neion Deion

Fullback Fro

[2]

Duke

Badboy

GKT

Alias

Double Down

RushRook

Shaddowfax

Pirate

EBF

Tex

Wolverine

Eggs

[3]

MinBears

RIL

Dallas

Subdude

Chtlins

Jmalin

Gobosox

Gonads

Bueno

Fletch

Vitruvian Man

rip273

Am I missing anyone??
FM69...if you're going to duplicate last year, you'll need to open the leagues to 14 teams.

[1]

FM69

Kleck

LadyBeBop

Abrecher

Juice

Sandbagger

Air-Fryar

Glumpy

Markuss Royal

Bass

Neion Deion

Fullback Fro

[2]

Duke

Badboy

GKT

Alias

Double Down

RushRook

Shaddowfax

Pirate

EBF

Tex

Wolverine

Eggs

[3]

MinBears

RIL

Dallas

Subdude

Chtlins

Jmalin

Gobosox

Gonads

Bueno

Fletch

Vitruvian Man

rip273

Am I missing anyone??
FM69...if you're going to duplicate last year, you'll need to open the leagues to 14 teams.
I'd prefer 12 team leagues but if we have enough oweners I'm cool with 14. I think starting at about June/July and making it a slow draft (12 hours per pick) is a good idea. Everyone needs to vote on scoring/starting line ups... Would you prefer the scoring/starting line ups we used last year (posted by Bass above ^) or the scoring/starting line ups I suggested (Posted by me above ^)?

BassNBrew back to commence some serious #### whooping.
Ariiiiiggghhhhttt--it's payback time!! :( fm--doesn't matter the scoring system--the format makes it work for me. How many were there last year--14/league, right? It definitely stretched the resources a bit but I found that worthwhile in later drafts...

hey fm...im not sure if you have it divided into what the teams would be but id like to be in with some of the folks from last season...i guess if we expand to 14 you can slide me in...we would also get a chance to square off :( ..although ur team would have killed mine last season...anyway...ill prolly use my dallas428 name but if i can get with some of the peeps from last season that would be great...im sure bass, glumpy and others would like to get back at me...my team wasnt the best but it did get lucky at the right time...anyway...just a thought...im up for whatever

hey fm...im not sure if you have it divided into what the teams would be but id like to be in with some of the folks from last season...i guess if we expand to 14 you can slide me in...we would also get a chance to square off :( ..although ur team would have killed mine last season...anyway...ill prolly use my dallas428 name but if i can get with some of the peeps from last season that would be great...im sure bass, glumpy and others would like to get back at me...my team wasnt the best but it did get lucky at the right time...anyway...just a thought...im up for whatever
Sorry man.. I meant to put you in with my league. Its fixed now :(

I like the slow 12 hr time limit pick draft starting after the NFL draft. I'll go for any rules are chosen. I will go with the flow. Ready!

They were 16-team leagues last year, and I think it should stay that way.I'm down for the same league, Survivor 2. It was a lot of fun. As far as I'm concerned, af & fm get an asterisk* for their joint win last year :P GDB my three bust WRs, Jimmy, Rod and Kevin J. :thumbup:

I'd love to join again, MBSL I was a blast last year. I agree with others that it would be fun to draft with the same group of guys from each Survivor League and fill the remaining spots (if there are any) with the others that are interested and setting up new leagues for the "overflow"I also prefer the 16 team league as it made it extremely difficult and along with the 1pt bonus for receptions was a nice difference from the FBG Survivor league.Count me in to commence trash talking with the likes of Bass, IC Alkies, Mike2670, et al.Twilight as commish is a bonus, but we should make sure we have a second commish just in case ... no I'm not volunteering.Atomic Punk

Where's IC_Alkies/Cavalier? Since he ran em last year, he should at least get a shot to participate. He might also be able to post the old rules & scoring system. I believe Twilight actually ran the scoring though.

They were 16-team leagues last year, and I think it should stay that way.I'm down for the same league, Survivor 2. It was a lot of fun. As far as I'm concerned, af & fm get an asterisk* for their joint win last year :P GDB my three bust WRs, Jimmy, Rod and Kevin J. :thumbup:
Jzilla...you're correct about that...16 it was. The best thing about it was that after doing that draft, I had researched every possible pick that could be made in any of my other upcoming drafts. The pt/recpt made 3rd down backs viable picks to cover bye weeks.Put my vote in for keeping everything the same as last year. It was extremely competitive and a whole lot of fun. Why mess with something that was a success.I also like the 12 hour per pick. If you miss your window, you just make up the pick when you get back. I like get started as soon as possible. It would sure help pass away the offseason.

As posted by Twilight earlier...And here is the rules from last year, 18 rounds of drafting No trading of picks No trading of players No free agent pick ups Serpentine drafting. No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.Player Scoring: Passing TDs = 6 pts Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts 1 pt per 20 yards passing 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per receptionKicker Scoring: 3 pts per FG 1 pt per EPDefense Scoring: Points Allowed 0 = 5 points 1-6 = 3 points 7-13 = 1 point 14+ = 0 pointsTotal Yards Allowed 0-199 = 5 points 200-249 = 3 points 250-299 = 1 point 300+ = 0 pointsSack = 1 point INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points Safety = 2 points TD = 6 points Low Score each week for first 13 weeks is booted off. High score gets amnesty for next week. Scores reset each week. Once there are 3 teams left, there will be no more amnesty. For weeks 14-end of the season, 1 team will be lost every two weeks. A prize of message board bragging rights will be given to the winner. If two teams should tie for low score, the tie will be broken by best player not used in calculating the maximum score per squad regardless of position.Defense/ST scoring will be identical the FOOTBALLGUYS scoring. I'm assuming that they are counting kick returns as a form of DEF/ST scoring.Key changes from the FOOTBALLGUYS scoring...* 1 pt per reception at all positions* All TD's including passing are worth 6 points.

Save a couple slots for Cavalier and Twilight, they did most of the work last year and should at least be able to participate.

i checked in a couple times when i was bored last year on the mock board thread. seemed pretty fun. if there is any room, i'd love to join

Hmmmmm... I guess the scoring from last year is good.. I did have alot of fun in that league and Bass is right, it will help pass the offseason. I wonder where IC is.. He did a great job commishing.

BTW, Will I get to participate in both leagues again :o ?
NO! :thumbup: :P actually, if anyone in MBSLII should be bitter it's abrecher, who romped all year til Priest got hurt... oops!

I shouldn't, but I will if you needa playa :thumbup: Numbers also look fine, as everyone has to comply to the same set, so it doesn't matter to me, as long as they're set pre-draft!

I shouldn't, but I will if you needa playa :thumbup: Numbers also look fine, as everyone has to comply to the same set, so it doesn't matter to me, as long as they're set pre-draft!
I'm in if there's room............

[1]

(1)FM69

(2)Kleck

(3)Abrecher

(4)Air-Fryar

(5)Glumpy

(6)Markuss Royal

(7)Bass

(8)Mike

(9)JZilla

(10)Duke

(11)(IC Alkies)

(12)Juice

(13)Neion Deion

(14)Pirate

(15)LadyBeBop

(16)Sandbagger

[2]

(1)Badboy

(2)GKT

(3)Alias

(4)Double Down

(5)RushRook

(6)Shaddowfax

(7)EBF

(8)Tex

(9)Wolverine

(10)Eggs

(11)MinBears

(12)RIL

(13)Fullback Fro

(14)Subdude

(15)Chtlins

(16)Jmalin

[3]

(1)Gobosox

(2)Gonads

(3)Bueno

(4)Fletch

(5)Vitruvian Man

(6)rip273

(7)Coltsfan

(8)Motown Maniac

(9)NE_REVIVAL

(10)OPEN

(11)OPEN

(12)OPEN

(13)OPEN

(14)OPEN

(15)OPEN

(16)OPEN

Am I missing anyone?

Hmmmmm... I guess the scoring from last year is good.. I did have alot of fun in that league and Bass is right, it will help pass the offseason. I wonder where IC is.. He did a great job commishing.
I'll try to catch up with IC.

How about some of the BIG DOGS!!! :D Joe, Jason, David, Shick??? :ph34r:
The Mods do their own "survivor" draft.. That is where we got the idea from. I don't think Joe participated but David was in it. I forget who won but they showed us the week by week results.

[1]

(1)FM69

(2)Kleck

(3)Abrecher

(4)Air-Fryar

(5)Glumpy

(6)Markuss Royal

(7)Bass

(8)Mike

(9)JZilla

(10)Duke

(11)(IC Alkies)

(12)stevec

(13)Hinezer

(14)Juice

(15)Neion Deion

(16)Pirate

[2]

(1)Badboy

(2)GKT

(3)Alias

(4)Double Down

(5)RushRook

(6)Shaddowfax

(7)EBF

(8)Tex

(9)Wolverine

(10)Eggs

(11)MinBears

(12)RIL

(13)Fullback Fro

(14)Subdude

(15)Chtlins

(16)Jmalin

[3]

(1)Gobosox

(2)Gonads

(3)Bueno

(4)Fletch

(5)Vitruvian Man

(6)rip273

(7)Coltsfan

(8)Motown Maniac

(9)NE_REVIVAL

(10)LadyBeBop

(11)Sandbagger

(12)OPEN

(13)OPEN

(14)OPEN

(15)OPEN

(16)OPEN

Don't forget me! I don't get over to this board too much and didn't catch this thread. I finished 3rd last year in MBSL2 with my lame team. The final words I heard on week 15:The NFL has Spoken. MMM has been eliminated. Congrats to Abrecher and FM/Fryar. 291-----144(147) FM69/Air-Fryar245-----142(103) abrecher220------91(129) mmmtastypudding

Missed me on your list FM.Are we going to try and re-establish last years groups or are we going to have new groups as your list suggests?I'd prefer the old groups but either way I'm in.

im thinking we didnt give the thread long enuff to breath...chit, we all might be back soon...im sure were drafting after the nfl draft this weekend so any that were in survivor 1 or 2 will be with those people im sure...this is just a heads up to be ready...it will all be sorted out within the next week im sure...glad to see all of ya that are here...i really was hoping we could make this a yearly event and it looks like we will...cant wait to luck up and whip some ### again :thumbup: ...id say anyone that was in it last year dont worry...it will all come together...we have 32 spots untill draft day...anyway

Don't forget me! I don't get over to this board too much and didn't catch this thread. I finished 3rd last year in MBSL2 with my lame team. The final words I heard on week 15:The NFL has Spoken. MMM has been eliminated. Congrats to Abrecher and FM/Fryar. 291-----144(147) FM69/Air-Fryar245-----142(103) abrecher220------91(129) mmmtastypudding
:thumbup: Sounds like a sweet league this year.:kickass:

air-fryar = soon to be back to back Survivor League champion.2003: The quest to prove that AF carried the team, and FM69 was only along for the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread