What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (6 Viewers)

I missed the show most of this week. but I did catch Artie actually talking to Richard during the avant garde music bit. Did Artie make up with Sal and Richard?
Yes. Artie apologized by telling Richard and Sal that they are nothing and not in his league and they don't deserve to be treated the way Artie is because he's paid his dues and he is the greatest thing ever and he's basically the bestest, most awesome person in the whole world.
Wow....I like Artie, but thats pretty egotistical. After that blow up, I didn't think they would ever make up. Did Sal accept his apology? Or were they both still cold to one another?
Of course Sal accepted the "apology"... he's a little <meow>. As much respect as I lost for Artie after his cocky rant, I lost even more for Sal. Self-respect down? If anyone "apologized" to me like that, I'd say "You know what? Take that little speech and shove it a mile up your ###... do me a favor and DON'T talk to me anymore just like you said you would." And then to make it even more :thumbup: , afterwards Sal says "I just want to thank Artie for giving us the chance to be his friend again." OMG! What a friggin skirt.The funniest part about this WHOLE episode is that Artie was really pissed because he said Sal is the phony.

:blackdot:

Someday, they have to break out the old Michael Buffer interviews. The one where Buffer had just gotten divorced, and Howard harassed him into re-creating what it would have been like if Buffer told his wife he wanted a divorce in the "Let's get ready to rumble" voice was so funny, I almost crashed my car.

"Honey...it's been a great few years, but now...LLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO GET DIVOOOOOOOOOORCED !!!!"

I can't get into this old stuff. I hate Jackie. Though I am looking forwardf to the History Show during XMas.
I tried today since usually Mammary Lane is better than Friday shows, but didn't laugh once. History show seems a little self-indulgent. I'm actually thankful I'll be off work then and not relying on Stern to entertain my commute.

I can't get into this old stuff. I hate Jackie. Though I am looking forwardf to the History Show during XMas.
I tried today since usually Mammary Lane is better than Friday shows, but didn't laugh once. History show seems a little self-indulgent. I'm actually thankful I'll be off work then and not relying on Stern to entertain my commute.
Some of these are classic bits. The one where they brought John Kricfalusi in to face Billy West after all the Ren & Stimpy flap (this was on Billy West spotlight) was awesome.Are you guys long-time fans, or newer (Sirius) listeners?

Some of these are classic bits. The one where they brought John Kricfalusi in to face Billy West after all the Ren & Stimpy flap (this was on Billy West spotlight) was awesome.Are you guys long-time fans, or newer (Sirius) listeners?
I've been listening since ~ '97. Now and then there's old stuff that's funny, but for the most part I don't find it entertaining. :) The Billy West spotlight esp. the Marge Shott stuff was very good but even the Ren & Stimpy discussion was a letdown given its premise - I kept waiting for the explosion that never happened.

Evilgrin 72 said:
I love these Stern Spotlight shows. They really dig up the most uncomfortable bits.
There are 2 key things that seem to be missing from the Sirius shows.1) Really good callers. I don't know what it is, but the callers now pretty much blow. I guess it was just the fact that they had such a large audience before, but there were so many ####### callers that were awesome. The guys calling in yesterday busting Lenny Kravitz's balls were outstanding.2) Stern's manic questioning style of guests and using them more as props to goof on. He's much more relaxed these days and sometimes it does lead to better radio when he lets the segment breathe and/or develop. But I miss the days of him firing off questions that were insane that they were met with stunned silence. You could feel how uncomfortable the guest was.The first clip from yesterday's Mammary Lane with the 2 German guys was brilliant. They were totally dicking with them and the dudes couldn't get a word in. Telling the guys they should change their names to to Joe Hitler or Himmler the K. :rolleyes:

Evilgrin 72 said:
ODoyleRules said:
toshiba said:
I lhave listened to Stern since I was in highschool, about 20 years. I did miss some of the late 90s. But listening back it just seems tired. It is hard to get into shows that are not live.

GB Billy West and the Jackie Puppet!

"I've never seen this ##### wrestle, but I'd love to see her box."

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been dying to hear the story about Stuttering John's wedding again for a long time and they played it this morning. I never caught it on a replay all these years. The door repeatedly slamming against Jackie's head. :lmao:

I've been dying to hear the story about Stuttering John's wedding again for a long time and they played it this morning. I never caught it on a replay all these years. The door repeatedly slamming against Jackie's head. :lmao:
I absolutely love that. They played it on one of the other Mammary Lanes or MTT. I wont complain about hearing it again. :lmao:The sound effect of *thud * thud*thud* gets me every time. :lmao:

I've been meaning to comment on this for some time now, but I kept forgetting. I love Howard's show. He has entertained me for years. But he does one thing which drives me nuts. He has a really, really, REALLY bad habit of constantly interrupting everyone. He interrupts Robin, he interrupts Artie, he interrupts his callers and he interrupts his in-studio guests.

I've heard people say "Well, it's his show and he has to move it along." BS. It's rude, and that's all there is to it. I can't tell you how many times Artie has been in the middle of a great story, and Howard completely cuts him off and moves onto a different topic altogether. Just cuts him right off. No "excuse me, Artie"... no nuthin'. It's as if he isn't even paying attention to what anyone else is saying. Not that this is the first time someone has accused him of being a self-absorbed, self-important twit, God knows. It's amazing that Artie doesn't just get up and walk out of the studio when that happens, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

The worst was when Frank Caliendo was in studio last week. It's up on Howard TV right now for those who can access it. Howard repeatedly asked him questions, and Frank would LITERALLY get five words out before Howard interrupted him and asked another question! This happened four or five times in a row. I was screaming at the radio "LET THE ####### GUY ANSWER THE QUESTION, ALREADY!" One of these days, I'm praying that a guest says "Why do you ask me the questions if you don't care what the answer is" before getting up and walking out.

Okay, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. It's been bothering me for awhile now. ;)

I agree. I really noticed again during the Caliendo interview. He asked him if he started out with Jay Leno as his impression. Frank started to repsond and about one minute in he interrupted and asked the same exact question. He also did it today when introducing the Jackie Puppet. he asked that dude if did this for a living, and then in the middle of the guys response he cut him off and asked again. :cry:

the amazing thing is I think they're actually doing a better job of not interupting in the past couple months. This aspect that you point out drove me crazy last year and more so because Robin would usually answer the ques on the guest's behalf before letting them speak. shut up already! I don't think this is new to Sirius, but it's definitely more pronounced.

My main beef with Howard is cutting off any sports related talk. I'd love to hear Artie and Gary discuss baseball or football for at least 1 or 2 minutes but Howard usually steers it towards Dancin with the Stars or Smallville.

the amazing thing is I think they're actually doing a better job of not interupting in the past couple months. This aspect that you point out drove me crazy last year and more so because Robin would usually answer the ques on the guest's behalf before letting them speak. shut up already! I don't think this is new to Sirius, but it's definitely more pronounced.

My main beef with Howard is cutting off any sports related talk. I'd love to hear Artie and Gary discuss baseball or football for at least 1 or 2 minutes but Howard usually steers it towards Dancin with the Stars or Smallville.
or playing chess online instead of banging Beth... :goodposting:

That's a sign that Howard isn't really paying attention to what the person is saying. He's either reading notes from Benji, Fred, etc. and trying to work those jokes into the conversation or he's in a rush to get out of there by 10am. Why even bother doing Robin's news if he's just going to let her say the story and then he cuts everyone off when they start commenting on it and moves on to the next sotry. The whole point is to hear them goof and comment on the stories!

Last edited by a moderator:
"anything else robin?"

I commented on his interrupting a while back. Since I was a noob to the show, I wondered if it was commonplace. It is very, very annoying.

I've been dying to hear the story about Stuttering John's wedding again for a long time and they played it this morning. I never caught it on a replay all these years. The door repeatedly slamming against Jackie's head. :bag:
I absolutely love that. They played it on one of the other Mammary Lanes or MTT. I wont complain about hearing it again. :goodposting:The sound effect of *thud * thud*thud* gets me every time. :goodposting:
:goodposting:I want that sound effect of JD that they play for a ringtone. The one where he's like uh, oh :laugh: ugh , uh

RIP Lonnie, the guy who wrote and sang "When I See Beth Smile"
Kind of odd, but I've grown very fond of that song.
Same here. So sad when I heard that this a.m. :rolleyes:
Wait, that guy died? Was he sick? He was just on a few weeks ago.
Yeah, and he mentioned his health problems and the fact that he was on disability then.I never thought the song was terrible in the first place.

RIP Lonnie, the guy who wrote and sang "When I See Beth Smile"
Kind of odd, but I've grown very fond of that song.
Same here. So sad when I heard that this a.m. :rolleyes:
Wait, that guy died? Was he sick? He was just on a few weeks ago.
Diabetes complications
Wow. DOn't remember him mentioning it. I wish I caught that this morning or on the replay.

From the way he sounded, it sounds like Bubba is gone at the end of the year. :thumbup: :mellow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
i dont know if he is going to xm or back to regular radio. hate to see him leave. i am one of those that got sirius for howard, but will leave when they get rid of bubba.howards show is ok but not what it was 6 months ago. it was great for about the first year at sirius, now i could take it or leave it.but bubba is the ####### man! i dont know what the problem is with resigning them. he even said they would take less money.

From the way he sounded, it sounds like Bubba is gone at the end of the year. :mellow: :hifive: :porked: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
i dont know if he is going to xm or back to regular radio. hate to see him leave. i am one of those that got sirius for howard, but will leave when they get rid of bubba.howards show is ok but not what it was 6 months ago. it was great for about the first year at sirius, now i could take it or leave it.but bubba is the ####### man! i dont know what the problem is with resigning them. he even said they would take less money.
If he goes to XM, then that will be all moot. :confused:But if the XM merger falls through and Bubba leaves (for XM or terrestrial radio, although I doubt anyone will want him on terrestrial), bye bye Sirius. I'm with you in that I came for Stern and I'll leave for Bubba.

You know the clip of Mike Walker cutting one? I love it when I do one and it sounds like his. You can't beat being reminded of a fart.

From the way he sounded, it sounds like Bubba is gone at the end of the year. :shrug: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
If he goes to XM, then that will be all moot. :rolleyes:But if the XM merger falls through and Bubba leaves (for XM or terrestrial radio, although I doubt anyone will want him on terrestrial), bye bye Sirius. I'm with you in that I came for Stern and I'll leave for Bubba.
They have to resign Bubba. I mean who are they going to get to replace him for the drive home slot? Howard has said on air on more than one occassion that he wants Bubba back on the channel and Ferrell too.Unless he is just saying that on air only. Could there be some feeling of envy from Howard regarding Bubba's popularity kinda like how Howard goes nuts every time Imus's name is mentioned?

From the way he sounded, it sounds like Bubba is gone at the end of the year. :loco: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
If he goes to XM, then that will be all moot. :shrug:But if the XM merger falls through and Bubba leaves (for XM or terrestrial radio, although I doubt anyone will want him on terrestrial), bye bye Sirius. I'm with you in that I came for Stern and I'll leave for Bubba.
They have to resign Bubba. I mean who are they going to get to replace him for the drive home slot? Howard has said on air on more than one occassion that he wants Bubba back on the channel and Ferrell too.Unless he is just saying that on air only. Could there be some feeling of envy from Howard regarding Bubba's popularity kinda like how Howard goes nuts every time Imus's name is mentioned?
I thought Bubba was "washed-up" and it was Howard putting if on Sirius that brought him back to the "top". I swear I remember hearing Bubba talk about how he has to kiss Howard's ### because if it wasn't for Howard he'd be nowhere or something to that affect. I'm wondering when kidd Chris is going to get a Sirius show.What happened with Ferrell?

From the way he sounded, it sounds like Bubba is gone at the end of the year. :shrug: :wub: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
If he goes to XM, then that will be all moot. :shrug:But if the XM merger falls through and Bubba leaves (for XM or terrestrial radio, although I doubt anyone will want him on terrestrial), bye bye Sirius. I'm with you in that I came for Stern and I'll leave for Bubba.
I thought Bubba was "washed-up" and it was Howard putting if on Sirius that brought him back to the "top". I swear I remember hearing Bubba talk about how he has to kiss Howard's ### because if it wasn't for Howard he'd be nowhere or something to that affect. I'm wondering when kidd Chris is going to get a Sirius show.What happened with Ferrell?
Nothing happened with Ferrell. A while back a fan called in and asked how what Bubba's situation was. Howard just said he loved what Bubba brings to the channel and he wants to keep his guys. He said he doesn't want Bubba or Ferrell to go anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread