What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

Funny thing is robin called howard on it at first (mid-rant), and he more or less told her to shut up.
:) Howard so egged this thing on and she called him on it. They're all a bunch of #### ups. No way Artie doesn't OD in Amsterdam. He's been trying to kill himself for 2 years now and this will push him over the edge.

Funny thing is robin called howard on it at first (mid-rant), and he more or less told her to shut up.
:goodposting: Howard so egged this thing on and she called him on it.
I disagree. Listening on the replay, Artie went from zero to sixty in just a few minutes, and not because of Howard.Besides, Artie's been on thousands of shows and in hundreds of arguments on the show. He threw a CD at Sal one time. Is Howard supposed to tread lightly just because Artie got physical one other time? If so Artie needs to be off the show, because they'll never be able to talk about anything without worrying about setting off the baby gorilla.

IMO Artie has a bad cocaine problem and is showing classic lashing out signs. I thought so yesterday and today just adds to the suspicion.

They really should have dropped him off at rehab when he was sleeping yesterday.

What's the deal with not replaying this on 100? That's BS!

I heard it on 101, but what a crock if they keep this off the air.

I got to work right when this happened and missed the whole thing. I can't believe they're not replaying it. Aren't we paying $$ to avoid censorship??

I got to work right when this happened and missed the whole thing. I can't believe they're not replaying it. Aren't we paying $$ to avoid censorship??
yeah, I don't get it. It might be that they had to make a quick decision and it just felt right not to re-play it until they can process everything that happened. After they think about it, hopefully they'll at least replay it this weekend.

yeah, I don't get it. It might be that they had to make a quick decision and it just felt right not to re-play it until they can process everything that happened. After they think about it, hopefully they'll at least replay it this weekend.
The fact that they even would think there should be a decision made is surprising. Oh well, I'll just have to download the torrent later. Apparently my $20 a month isn't enough to get the content I'm promised.

SuperJohn96 said:
I think deep down Howard would LOVE the attention he'd get if Artie died.He'd be no different than Howard K. Stern when Anna Nicole Smith died.You'll see Howard everywhere.Anybody have Artie in any 2008 pools?
Took Artie in the :e: pool last year and again this year.

If this isn't a fake then Howard came across 100x more DB than ever before.
why? if artie's really gone, it's his own doing.
because after listening to 18 minutes of it it is obvious that Howard got exactly what he wanted out of it. He pushed for more after they went to stop a few times, but he insisted they keep talking about it to keep pissing Artie off. Pretty simple instegator move, but then he trys to walk away from it and pretend he had nothing to do with pushing the buttons.

They're going to lose a lot of subscribers off of that. That's unbelievable.
I dont get the rational to this statement...why on earth would they lose subscribers over this? They aired it twice...West Coast and East Coast feed and decided that it was enough. Out of respect for Artie and his meltdown, Howard decided not to replay it over and over again. I doubt this will be on Howard TV also...at least not til after the vacation and Howard can talk to Artie. I respect that.

I dont get the rational to this statement...why on earth would they lose subscribers over this? They aired it twice...West Coast and East Coast feed and decided that it was enough. Out of respect for Artie and his meltdown, Howard decided not to replay it over and over again. I doubt this will be on Howard TV also...at least not til after the vacation and Howard can talk to Artie. I respect that.
I'm not cancelling my sub over this but I was quite disappointed it wasn't replayed. I'm paying for this, it makes a difference, at least to me.

Langford called into the Superfan roundtable to say that Artie got on the plane to Amsterdam this evening. Teddy did as well...

It's pretty clear Artie has massive mental issues. I'd like to think this is the episode that finally causes him to seek help, but if he's going to Amsterdam then he's probably in denial of his actions already. The guy is just destined to meet an untimely demise.

The Missing Artie Replay --

* Updates About Today's Missing Replay.

o UPDATE 1: For those of you tuning in to hear today's replay on Howard 100... well, they're playing the wrong friggin day. As of about 12:15 they're replaying the April 7th show. They have this awesome show to replay and they play Monday's show? Nice. I don't know if this is a screw up or if Howard decided not to replay the show in which Artie seems to self destruct.

o UPDATE 2: I heard from one fan who says that SIRIUS customer support is telling people that ''The programmers'' have decided not to replay that show. It would appear that it's intentional and not just a screw up. This show may never air again. How friggin lame.

o UPDATE 3: Now I'm getting reports that Bubba the Love Sponge announced that it was Howard's decision to pull the show and not run the replay. The show will not be replayed today or this weekend.

o UPDATE 4: On tonight's Superfan Roundtable Steve Langford reported that Artie and Teddy did board their flight to Amsterdam. Artie is in 1st class, Teddy in Economy. Steve said that he was told that they did lock eyes for a moment but didn't exchange any words.
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#thu

Not to be crass, but #### Artie's feelings. He's a grown man who has made his bed with this situation, not some kid. Stern has made a fortune off of this new deal with Sirius to broadcast his shows and not censor something that happened because the fat load sitting next to him may get upset. I pay my $13 a month for fresh content and to be able to hear the new shows as the day goes on, as I (and almost all others) are not around strictly from 6-11 am for the first run. Replaying Monday's show was completely unacceptable, imo.

So what was said on the Wrap-Up show today? I assume they devoted the entire show to the incident.

I love how everybody is terrified of Artie. Guy is a 300-lb whale, what could he really do to somebody? Eat them?

If this isn't a fake then Howard came across 100x more DB than ever before.
yup. lost all respect for him. that was horrible.
I see it different. If Howard really expected this outcome then why would he care if the show replayed? I agree that he was all for exposing the dispute but I don't think he anticipated that it would turn out as it did. He knows Artie's too important to the show to risk losing him over a stupid argument.

So what was said on the Wrap-Up show today? I assume they devoted the entire show to the incident.
Yes they did, but I didn't tune into it until just before 11 am EST, so I switched over to the West Coast feed and missed it.All I caught was Gary mentioning how after Artie left, Gary, Ronnie, and some other guy had to corral Artie into the Green Room.

Not to be crass, but #### Artie's feelings. He's a grown man who has made his bed with this situation, not some kid. Stern has made a fortune off of this new deal with Sirius to broadcast his shows and not censor something that happened because the fat load sitting next to him may get upset. I pay my $13 a month for fresh content and to be able to hear the new shows as the day goes on, as I (and almost all others) are not around strictly from 6-11 am for the first run. Replaying Monday's show was completely unacceptable, imo.
Well said.I am incredibly pissed they didn't replay this.As much as I enjoy Howard, he truly is a super hypocrite. He martyred himself when he was censored, and moved to uncensored radio, and now that there is something he doesn't like, he censors it.Disgustingly hypocritical.

I just listened to the whole thing (20 minutes in two youtube "vids"--link to part one above) and I have to say that Howard came off as a ####. He eggs them on and then refuses to accept any responsibility.

I just listened to the whole thing (20 minutes in two youtube "vids"--link to part one above) and I have to say that Howard came off as a ####. He eggs them on and then refuses to accept any responsibility.
Yeah, he's full of it. The "great interviewer" can get people to spill their darkest secrets but suddenly he can't read the guy who's sat next to him for 7 years? He knew exactly what the endgame had to be.

100% Howard's fault. He's a master of stoking the flames and for once the fire finally erupted into flames in his face.And if it's fake the only people in on it were Artie, Teddy and Howard. Robin was sincerely shocked at the fracas.

Users who are viewing this thread