What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (10 Viewers)

The teddy pre-breakout statements baffle me. He saw it coming a mile away. Prefab? maybe. Maybe coke/whatever arte is on. I have been listening alot and thinking ####### he is manic. Sweating talk today (replay early of kimmel show appearance) makes me think coke. he always claimed he would lose weight if he went back on it, but that is a farse. god knows enough fat comedians to know if you are hardcore, you will kill yourself before the weight comes off.

btw, the "Howard, since everyone listens to the to the replays anyways (I think with was the Barbiari(sp) segment) can't we consider afternoons" comment was stellar in light of the events.

If you guys had to put a % on if that whole thing was staged, what would the number be?

On the one hand, Artie has had a short fuse with everyone. Remember the guy from the crappy band who opened for him? He wanted to "smash the guitar over his head." And as I mentioned earlier, Artie isn't that great of an actor, which leads me to believe it was real.

OTOH, they are off for 11 days. This incident will keep the show fresh in everyone's mind during the break. It also gave Howard and Robin an excuse to get a head start on their vacation by leaving early today. I hope it was for real, because........

WELCOME BACK, JACKIE! :goodposting:

I'll continue to pay, but if I simply have the option to pay for just sports only and have the MLB, NHL, and NFL all together when XM and Sirius finalize their merger, then I'll be fine. Howard has jumped the shark and I don't ever get to listen to Bubba anymore. I will miss Ferrall, though.

Anyone know any good sites for torrents of Bubba's show?

DL'ing it now from isohunt.com. Sirius = :goodposting:
Ah, I was using the full "Bubba The Love Sponge" instead of just "BTLS". I'm gonna download mcgillicutty now. GB getting a new 30 GB Ipod video recently (gift from work).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I was using the full "Bubba The Love Sponge" instead of just "BTLS". I'm gonna download mcgillicutty now.
I was referring to the Stern show, but I'm sure you can get either from there. Failing that, mininova.org is pretty good. Theoretically, Isohunt is supposed to cull from several different sites, but sometimes it's missing from isohunt. :bag:

Ah, I was using the full "Bubba The Love Sponge" instead of just "BTLS". I'm gonna download mcgillicutty now.
I was referring to the Stern show, but I'm sure you can get either from there. Failing that, mininova.org is pretty good. Theoretically, Isohunt is supposed to cull from several different sites, but sometimes it's missing from isohunt. :bag:
Isohunt is working great. Already have Bubba's show 29% downloaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
DL'ing it now from isohunt.com. Sirius = :bag:
I was referring to the Stern show, but I'm sure you can get either from there. Failing that, mininova.org is pretty good. Theoretically, Isohunt is supposed to cull from several different sites, but sometimes it's missing from isohunt. :rolleyes:
Isohunt is working great. Already have Bubba's show 29% downloaded.
:goodposting:GB Isohunt> pr0n, tunes, TV shows, everyfing.

Bubba's Sirius show from 4/9 is on my Ipod. Insanely easy process.

Next step: getting an FM transmitter for my car radio.

It's BS that people are blaming Howard. This has been the show for 20 years. Artie gave Howard his word that he wouldn't let it get physical again. Howard is not an "Artie expert", He never wanted to Artie to get violent, because now he might have to kick him off the show. Artie needs to take responsibility for his actions, it's always someone elses fault it seem.

pretty simple.

As far as taking off the replay, Howard doesn't want to make a show off of Artie's pain, when he's in such bad shape. Of course much of the show has been joking about Artie, but today it hit it's climax. Artie's words towards Howard after the fight, probaly were a big influence in his decison to pull the show. Howard is putting his relationship with Artie, or at least Artie's life over the fans. I'm a huge fan of Artie and this is a guy's life at stake, so I'm hardly outraged. So What? I miss one week of that fruit Mike Walker, not all is lost.

It's BS that people are blaming Howard. This has been the show for 20 years. Artie gave Howard his word that he wouldn't let it get physical again. Howard is not an "Artie expert", He never wanted to Artie to get violent, because now he might have to kick him off the show. Artie needs to take responsibility for his actions, it's always someone elses fault it seem. pretty simple.As far as taking off the replay, Howard doesn't want to make a show off of Artie's pain, when he's in such bad shape. Of course much of the show has been joking about Artie, but today it hit it's climax. Artie's words towards Howard after the fight, probaly were a big influence in his decison to pull the show. Howard is putting his relationship with Artie, or at least Artie's life over the fans. I'm a huge fan of Artie and this is a guy's life at stake, so I'm hardly outraged. So What? I miss one week of that fruit Mike Walker, not all is lost.
I tend to agree with your way of thinking. Artie needs to sack up and stop being such a #####. I wonder if he's hitting the opiates again and was getting irritable from withdrawl or something...

I like Artie as much as anyone, but I'm over all this drama. If he leaves, he leaves.

BTW, does anyone else suddenly hate ETM? He used to be my favorite part of the show, and now I want to punch him in his silly midget face. He's nothing more than a plug machine now. I hate Howard for letting him plug Fratto's stupid website every time he's on.

I like Artie as much as anyone, but I'm over all this drama. If he leaves, he leaves.BTW, does anyone else suddenly hate ETM? He used to be my favorite part of the show, and now I want to punch him in his silly midget face. He's nothing more than a plug machine now. I hate Howard for letting him plug Fratto's stupid website every time he's on.
Yeah, since he's returned, he's been annoying as hell. Between the whole Kendra thing, which OBVIOUSLY was a gigantic plug for Kendra's website and his constant shilling for Fratto's stuff, it's really helped to sink the show. Seriously, I don't listen to Howard's show at all anymore. I go straight to Howard 101 for either Bubba's or Ferrall's show. Always.

I like Artie as much as anyone, but I'm over all this drama. If he leaves, he leaves.BTW, does anyone else suddenly hate ETM? He used to be my favorite part of the show, and now I want to punch him in his silly midget face. He's nothing more than a plug machine now. I hate Howard for letting him plug Fratto's stupid website every time he's on.
Fratto definitely ruined him.

I like Artie as much as anyone, but I'm over all this drama. If he leaves, he leaves.

BTW, does anyone else suddenly hate ETM? He used to be my favorite part of the show, and now I want to punch him in his silly midget face. He's nothing more than a plug machine now. I hate Howard for letting him plug Fratto's stupid website every time he's on.
Yeah, since he's returned, he's been annoying as hell. Between the whole Kendra thing, which OBVIOUSLY was a gigantic plug for Kendra's website and his constant shilling for Fratto's stuff, it's really helped to sink the show. Seriously, I don't listen to Howard's show at all anymore. I go straight to Howard 101 for either Bubba's or Ferrall's show. Always.
really?I credit Howard with getting the argument going and fanning the flames. As crewmember said, that's what he does. There's no way he thought it would get violent like that and end in Artie leaving the show. I'm gonna miss him but the show must go on. I'd welcome back Jackie, but would rather see someone else if Artie is indeed gone.

Not replaying the show was a total BS move. A lot of people listen to the show later in the day and it was a slap in the face to those people who now have to find a place to download what they are paying for in the first place. Bad call.

and I think it was 100% real. No way that was fake. Even on the wrap-up show Gary said "I've never said this before, but I swear on the life of my children that it was totally real."

Artie being gone will hurt big time for me. He pretty much carrys the show these days. I think Howard knows it too.Agree about ETM. Unlistenable anymore

If you guys had to put a % on if that whole thing was staged, what would the number be?On the one hand, Artie has had a short fuse with everyone. Remember the guy from the crappy band who opened for him? He wanted to "smash the guitar over his head." And as I mentioned earlier, Artie isn't that great of an actor, which leads me to believe it was real.OTOH, they are off for 11 days. This incident will keep the show fresh in everyone's mind during the break. It also gave Howard and Robin an excuse to get a head start on their vacation by leaving early today. I hope it was for real, because........WELCOME BACK, JACKIE! :shrug:
25%I do believe that Artie is seriously screwed up psychologically and is capable of virtually anything when he goes into his black hole.OTOH, I never get how he can have everything together when it comes to managing his stand-up career and getting to all the gigs and all that and then not be able to control himself when it comes to the Stern show. Maybe it's just the difference between knowing he's got the salary at Sirius no matter what and that he has to get to the gigs in order to get paid. This mentality would not be surprising, given his background. But something about it is still a little incongruous to me.

Capella said:
So what was said on the Wrap-Up show today? I assume they devoted the entire show to the incident.
They did talk about it the whole time (despite JD continually trying to brag about his dancing) but it really wasn't that juicy. I guess everyone was kind of in shock or whatever, but it didn't really seem like anybody really thought that Artie resignation was real. They weren't talking about what would happen going forward, just kind of saying it was a crazy situation and they didn't really know what to make of it.

If you guys had to put a % on if that whole thing was staged, what would the number be?On the one hand, Artie has had a short fuse with everyone. Remember the guy from the crappy band who opened for him? He wanted to "smash the guitar over his head." And as I mentioned earlier, Artie isn't that great of an actor, which leads me to believe it was real.OTOH, they are off for 11 days. This incident will keep the show fresh in everyone's mind during the break. It also gave Howard and Robin an excuse to get a head start on their vacation by leaving early today. I hope it was for real, because........WELCOME BACK, JACKIE! :goodposting:
25%I do believe that Artie is seriously screwed up psychologically and is capable of virtually anything when he goes into his black hole.OTOH, I never get how he can have everything together when it comes to managing his stand-up career and getting to all the gigs and all that and then not be able to control himself when it comes to the Stern show. Maybe it's just the difference between knowing he's got the salary at Sirius no matter what and that he has to get to the gigs in order to get paid. This mentality would not be surprising, given his background. But something about it is still a little incongruous to me.
I think he desperately hates being on the show now and the lashing out is just a manifestation of that. However, he feels great loyalty toward Howard, which is why he hadn't quit yet and why he got so emotional with Howard directly yesterday.

I love Artie on the show, but I don't think he's any better than an average stand-up and a slightly-below average actor. Without the show he'll be in a huge downward spiral.

If you guys had to put a % on if that whole thing was staged, what would the number be?On the one hand, Artie has had a short fuse with everyone. Remember the guy from the crappy band who opened for him? He wanted to "smash the guitar over his head." And as I mentioned earlier, Artie isn't that great of an actor, which leads me to believe it was real.OTOH, they are off for 11 days. This incident will keep the show fresh in everyone's mind during the break. It also gave Howard and Robin an excuse to get a head start on their vacation by leaving early today. I hope it was for real, because........WELCOME BACK, JACKIE! :rolleyes:
If you had to put a % on if Jackie will actually be back on the show, what would it be?Please say 100%.

If you guys had to put a % on if that whole thing was staged, what would the number be?On the one hand, Artie has had a short fuse with everyone. Remember the guy from the crappy band who opened for him? He wanted to "smash the guitar over his head." And as I mentioned earlier, Artie isn't that great of an actor, which leads me to believe it was real.OTOH, they are off for 11 days. This incident will keep the show fresh in everyone's mind during the break. It also gave Howard and Robin an excuse to get a head start on their vacation by leaving early today. I hope it was for real, because........WELCOME BACK, JACKIE! :rolleyes:
I think he desperately hates being on the show now and the lashing out is just a manifestation of that. However, he feels great loyalty toward Howard, which is why he hadn't quit yet and why he got so emotional with Howard directly yesterday.
The problem is he's normally so non-confrontational that he ends up resenting the people he's loyal to, like Howard and Teddy. Instead of just taking time off from the show or firing Teddy, he ends up either punishing them passive-aggressively or lashing out.It would have been much better for him to just leave the show on good terms a year ago. He'll never get the sitcom he dreams of with a reputation of being a mediocre comedian who physically attakcs his co-workers.

really?
Correct. I listen to Ferrall, Bubba, and Hardcore Sports 186 primarily now. Howard's show has gotten stale for me. Howard doesn't seem "hungry" to put out a good show and he's just riding out the string while he lets his cast of characters do the work for him. Meanwhile, I get more of an impression that Bubba, Ferrall, and the guys at Hardcore are legit busting their asses to put out a good show and I'd rather listen to that. Every now and then, I'll flip it over to Lithium, Octane, Hard Attack, or one of the classic rock stations, but otherwise, I have Sirius for Bubba, Ferrall, and Hardcore now.

Artie always said his time on the show would end badly - well there you go!

Howard is not to blame for this - his job is to stoke people up but it is clear that the people can't cross the line ala AJ Benza.

Artie wants out - he has cash and he doesn't want to do the am hours anymore - we just witnessed his emancipation act. I wouldn't be shocked if thats it for him. It ended just as he predicted....badly.

This is why I love Howard's show - lousy boring radio all month followed by a must listen event. The guy is a genius!

I would love to see JAckie return - the tension and arguing would be awesome. Reality - they will either smooth it over with Artie (he never actually hit Teddy so they can claim its not like Benza) or you will see the rotating chair again. I predict Greg Fitsimmons as the next comic. He fits in with the show the best.

Artie always said his time on the show would end badly - well there you go! Howard is not to blame for this - his job is to stoke people up but it is clear that the people can't cross the line ala AJ Benza. Artie wants out - he has cash and he doesn't want to do the am hours anymore - we just witnessed his emancipation act. I wouldn't be shocked if thats it for him. It ended just as he predicted....badly. This is why I love Howard's show - lousy boring radio all month followed by a must listen event. The guy is a genius! I would love to see JAckie return - the tension and arguing would be awesome. Reality - they will either smooth it over with Artie (he never actually hit Teddy so they can claim its not like Benza) or you will see the rotating chair again. I predict Greg Fitsimmons as the next comic. He fits in with the show the best.
What about Jay Thomas?

I missed Jackie when he left but now I'd rather have Artie.

Maybe I'll warm up to Jackie again, but he really is a scumbag opportunist at his core.

I missed Jackie when he left but now I'd rather have Artie.

Maybe I'll warm up to Jackie again, but he really is a scumbag opportunist at his core.
And Howard isn't? His movie? His book? The "gold" soundtrack CD? His deal with Serius? Taking sooooo much time off? Commercials? Howard p and m'd about Jackie selling his crap after his shows, and how Jackie wanted way more than he was worth etc. Looks to me like Howard's has one (ten) upped Jackie. If Jackie comes back I might subscribe. If both Jackie and Billy came back together sign me up.

To blame Howard for the Artie/Teddy incident is ridiculous. The show is based on arguing and ball-breaking. Christ, this isn't even the first fight Artie and Teddy have had on the air. Remember the one where Artie nearly fired Teddy previously? A fight didn't break out then. Why would Howard think it would end any differently. Plus in the Thursday fight Artie went from 0-100 really fast. The Artie/HPM fights have been more intense recently and Artie didn't resort to violence in those.

No way this was staged in my opinion. Artie is doing his career a huge disservice with all the gay-bashing remarks. Artie's behavior in the Ablow/HPM segment was repugnant. Guy is in a bad place.

On another site someone brought up Dice Clay getting a shot in the chair. I know he's washed up but that's not really a negative IMO. He's got a lot of stories and he can argue with the best of them. Plus Howard can goof on him with where his career is at.

They aren't showing it on HowardTV, either. Howard is such a pansy.

The two segments they are airing from that day are preceeded by a message which says (paraphrasing here) "We regret that we cannot show the now-infamous Artie Lange blowup from 4/10 at this time. We hope to be able to show it in its entirety some time in the near future."

:confused:

Raider Nation said:
They aren't showing it on HowardTV, either. Howard is such a pansy.The two segments they are airing from that day are preceeded by a message which says (paraphrasing here) "We regret that we cannot show the now-infamous Artie Lange blowup from 4/10 at this time. We hope to be able to show it in its entirety some time in the near future.":lmao:
There may be some legal/HR issues to sort out. :kicksrock:So who replaces Artie?

I know it's ridiculous that Artie can't make it four days a week. So why not just contract him for two. Then rotate the remaining days between Fitz, Gass, Dice Clay, Attell and Quinn. It's a promotional machine and it's nice to have fresh blood in there. I didn't mind the period between Jackie and Artie when the rotated the chair. It was cool because Howard could fixate on a new guy like he has with George Takai.

I know it's ridiculous that Artie can't make it four days a week. So why not just contract him for two. Then rotate the remaining days between Fitz, Gass, Dice Clay, Attell and Quinn. It's a promotional machine and it's nice to have fresh blood in there. I didn't mind the period between Jackie and Artie when the rotated the chair. It was cool because Howard could fixate on a new guy like he has with George Takai.
This would be a decent idea.Then when Artie dies of a drug overdose, they already are auditioning his replacement.

On another messageboard someone said they saw Artie in Ansterdam and he said he would be back. Apparently the guy had a pic of him. Take it for what its worth.

My take...

The fight was 100% legit. And I think it stemmed from Artie's upcoming trip to Amsterdam, and the fear that Artie has in himself relapsing over there on Heroin. I would guess that he stopped with the Subutex (sp?) so that he could allow himself the opportunity to get high in Amsterdam. Subutex withdrawal, anticipation of getting legal drugs in Amsterdam, aggravated with working the early AM hours all came to a head and he blew his stack.

I'm the biggest Artie fan there ever was. But I think I'm ready for him to leave the show. I'd like to see Fitzsimmons take his chair. I'll still listen to Howard, but only because there aren't any other shows out there that even come close to the Stern show. Put Ferrall in the mornings and maybe I'll change over. Bubba is a mess, and I can't stand listening to him.

Also, 100% certain that Jackie doesn't come back. Howard HATES the guy.

The "Stuttering John Spotlight" today was incredible! :thumbup:

Anyone know who the spotlights are on for the rest of the week?

I'm hoping Baba Booey. He's done tons of :lol: :lmao: :lmao: stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread