What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

Is plugging your iPod into your computer and hitting a couple buttons every day really that burdensome?

How fat are all of you?
I barely remember to put on two shoes in the morning. Downloading a pod cast 5 days a week?
You could hang a reminder for me in that huge sig of yours. might help.
:thumbup: Actual spit take here. Nicely done.
Hey tubby, if you'd swing by the Cage once in awhile, you'd understand the joke.

Is plugging your iPod into your computer and hitting a couple buttons every day really that burdensome?

How fat are all of you?
I barely remember to put on two shoes in the morning. Downloading a pod cast 5 days a week?
You could hang a reminder for me in that huge sig of yours. might help.
:thumbup: Actual spit take here. Nicely done.
Hey tubby, if you'd swing by the Cage once in awhile, you'd understand the joke.
:thumbup: I should come by more often. And ban people.

Either way, he has to be available via some download function. ####in ridiculous that it's almost 2011 and you can't hear this guy's show over your iPhone/mp3 player, without illegally downloading it.
This is not true. Buy the "pocket tunes radio" app. It's $5.99 for iphone, no monthly fees. You can listen to almost any radio station in the world, including Howie or any other Sirius Channel (if you are a subscriber).I've been listening to Stern for well over a year on my iphone. Every day. All day.I'm a transplanted New Englander, living in Florida. Every afternoon when Stern is over, I switch to Mike Francessa then Michael Kay.This app is a GODSEND!!

My auto-renew for the yearly subscription was coming up this week. I called and and asked to be placed on month-to-month. I have a feeling they learned from the last time around and have something keeping him from talking about it. Then they'll hope most of the people that joined 5 years ago will be auto-renewed before any announcement.

Either way, he has to be available via some download function. ####in ridiculous that it's almost 2011 and you can't hear this guy's show over your iPhone/mp3 player, without illegally downloading it.
This is not true. Buy the "pocket tunes radio" app. It's $5.99 for iphone, no monthly fees. You can listen to almost any radio station in the world, including Howie or any other Sirius Channel (if you are a subscriber).I've been listening to Stern for well over a year on my iphone. Every day. All day.I'm a transplanted New Englander, living in Florida. Every afternoon when Stern is over, I switch to Mike Francessa then Michael Kay.This app is a GODSEND!!
how is this legal? oh and I guess you need a SIRIUS online account?

My auto-renew for the yearly subscription was coming up this week. I called and and asked to be placed on month-to-month. I have a feeling they learned from the last time around and have something keeping him from talking about it. Then they'll hope most of the people that joined 5 years ago will be auto-renewed before any announcement.
Just changed from auto to invoice, I was due around Christmas.

This is not true. Buy the "pocket tunes radio" app. It's $5.99 for iphone, no monthly fees. You can listen to almost any radio station in the world, including Howie or any other Sirius Channel (if you are a subscriber).I've been listening to Stern for well over a year on my iphone. Every day. All day.

I'm a transplanted New Englander, living in Florida. Every afternoon when Stern is over, I switch to Mike Francessa then Michael Kay.

This app is a GODSEND!!
how is this legal? oh and I guess you need a SIRIUS online account?
It is legal because there are commercials just as if you were listening to terrestrial radio in your car. Except for Sirius, but you are paying for a subsrciption.Yes, you need to be a sirius subscriber.

You people complaining about the platform switch based on technology baffle me. Nothing could be simpler and it will be so much easier than recording the show, as I currently do. I couldn't imagine paying to only listen to bits and pieces based on the times that you happen to be in the car. I record all the shows and listen to them gradually throughout the week.

I would not like the idea of having no callers, as this used to be one of the best parts of the show. Though they either don't have the same random people calling in as terrestrial or he is more selective about picking up now, so it's been pretty watered down. It's either Tommy from Malden, Maryanne, Bobo or Jim from Raleigh all the time.

online?I don't see an option (or an option to cancel, for that matter).

You people complaining about the platform switch based on technology baffle me. Nothing could be simpler and it will be so much easier than recording the show, as I currently do. I couldn't imagine paying to only listen to bits and pieces based on the times that you happen to be in the car. I record all the shows and listen to them gradually throughout the week.I would not like the idea of having no callers, as this used to be one of the best parts of the show. Though they either don't have the same random people calling in as terrestrial or he is more selective about picking up now, so it's been pretty watered down. It's either Tommy from Malden, Maryanne, Bobo or Jim from Raleigh all the time.
Do you have cable? If so, do you watch every channel all day long? If you pay for a subscription service, you determine what's worth it based on the amount of time you spend listening/watching. I sure as hell don't have time to listen to 20 hours of Stern a week. I catch about an hour a day during the week and some of the rest on weekends, and that's enough. I don't record the show. I also can flip to any number of other channels when he's at commercial or it's boring me. I don't want to have to run an MP3 player in and out of the house/car every time I leave to download new shows and plug it back in, etc. Call me old fashioned, call me lazy, whatever.And I'm not complaining, all I'd said was that if this happens, I probably will no longer be a listener. He can do whatever he wants, but my guess is he loses 70% of his fanbase instantly. I think more Stern listeners are like myself and JTG than they are podcast listeners. If it's $0.99 a show, forget it. Even if he does 3 shows a week, you're paying $13-15 a month JUST for his show, with no additional programming. I used to get it for free for about 2 decades, he moved to satellite, I bought a new radio (3 actually) and have paid probably close to $1,000 in the past 5-6 years for equipment/programming to keep listening. Now I have to go buy an iPod and pay $0.99 a show? And I have to download it every day? F that.

He should do a live internet show and charge $5.00/month for streaming. You can listen at home, work and on a smart phone in your car without having to purchase SAT receivers and have them installed.

He can take calls and run repeats for the rest of the day like he does now.

I listened to the replay and he said he had an announcement in 6 months when they were talking to vinny favali

But then earlier he was saying he had no idea. Not sure what to believe

I know nobody on the internet knows stuff, but rest assured Howard Stern is going to sign a new contract with Sirius/XM.

There is some back and forth on the length, but my guess is 3 years is where they land.

Lock it down.

online?I don't see an option (or an option to cancel, for that matter).
no you have to call

The timing of the upcoming McCartney concert is puzzling to me if he is going to leave Sirius.

Not too much to celebrate about all those subscribers if they are about to lose a bunch. Yes i think a lot of people have Sirius just for Stern. and ETM.

Raider Nation said:
Am I the only one who doesn't listen to one second of Walker's gossip game? :thumbup:
I never pay attention to it anymore. The only thing it does is remind me that it's Thursday and the show is almost done for the week.

DO. NOT. MISS. Lisa Lampanelli's HBO stand-up special called Long Live the Queen.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

F'n hilarious.... and I *HATE* female comics. She is Andrew Dice Clay with a vag.

Fla Fla Flunky is on Jimmy Fallon tonight.
:shrug: thanks man
:goodposting: I never watch the late night shows, but Gary always cracks me up. I caught Robin's pitch on you tube, they really should hype that more that she can pitch betten the Gary (relatively better). And i think Howard stays with Sirius/XM. I think a big reason he left terrestial is because they were messing with the show. Unles Sirius and Mel have told Howard that they think they will be going under in a few years, i think Howard would stay loyal to Mel and company and stay with Sirius. The idea of setting up an entire studio somewhere else and organizing how to do the show the same way that he is now seems like a lot of extra work that I don't know if they want to put up with. I also think if Howard was going to another media source they would have found a way to release the idea at this point. I can't imagine someone investing 100's of millions of dollars not wanting to take advantage of the holiday shopping right now. i also think if Howard was leaving Sirius they would put in some major effort for these last 8 shows to not only give Sirius a nice goodbye, but also to create some hype to help sell him wherever he is going next. Just some random thoughts

Another 5 years with Sirius announced this morning. The channels will also now be available via Sirius Internet radio. It looks like I can drop my receiver and use a combo of my phone/pc for a much lower monthly cost.

Another 5 years with Sirius announced this morning. The channels will also now be available via Sirius Internet radio. It looks like I can drop my receiver and use a combo of my phone/pc for a much lower monthly cost.
Sweet. I think they gauge you for internet only though. But this is good news. When will the channel be available on the app..

Internet only radio looks to be $98 a year, much less than the $15 a month for Sirius everything. They said available beginning today.

He was always available on the Internet. He was not on the phone app. I have listened to him on the Internet before

It was a one year free trial, not sure if that had anything to do with it though

Did he mention anything about his hours. I only caught the KC interview this morning

5 years huh? So much for that retirement bull####.
He came out and said he was not interested in retirement. I would like to hear if there were any changes to his schedule though. I am shocked if its the same time slot. I also think he felt responsible for all the people that work with him. he probably shouldnt but it seems like a legit concern of his

5 years huh? So much for that retirement bull####.
:mellow: He's said for the past 2 months that he didn't want to retire?
And he spent the past 3.5 years saying how he couldn't wait to retire. So is this all BS then?
Is what BS?I would suspect that a large part of him does want to retire except that:1) he is too narcissistic not to have an outlet2) he is neurotic about "work ethic" and would probably feel worthless if not working3) he may still feel financially insecure, despite the likely reality being the oppositeIt is certainly possible that at least some of the retirement talk was part of a negotiating ploy and/or that he just loves to be/act miserable. While for the most part his feelings and opinions come from a genuine place, there is often an element of hyperbole to them in order to be more interesting or entertaining.

So I am guessing...

3 days a week

extended summer & winter vacations

possible 3rd channel

more control over content such as Bubba (I think he was pissy about how Sirius handled Bubba a couple of years ago)

Users who are viewing this thread