What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (5 Viewers)

So I am guessing...3 days a weekextended summer & winter vacationspossible 3rd channel more control over content such as Bubba (I think he was pissy about how Sirius handled Bubba a couple of years ago)
Not sure about the last 2. He could have done anything he wanted with a 3rd channel for the past 6 years and he never did. He could have stepped in with the Bubba thing whenever he wanted but always claims its not his job. He hasn't really shown much interest in dealing with any of that stuff.

From SFN...

5 MORE YEARS!!!

Howard Stern announced this morning that he's signed a new 2 channel 5 year deal @ SiriusXM!! The new deal finally gives us Howard 100 & 101 on all of the official cell phone apps. (iphone, android, & blackberry) His schedule is unchanged for now but he admits that the 4 day work week will change in the future with a new flexible schedule.

I'm taking notes below as more details come out.

DETAILS

- He's decided he want's to continue working in radio

- Howard says he's not done @ Sirius. There is still more work to do adding he's still hungry to be successful & has eye of the tiger.

- He says he's signed a 5 year deal & continuing at SirusXM!!!

- iPhone APP! He says he will be added to all the SiriusXM phone apps

- Howard says he got a very fair deal but won't go into money.

- There will be some changes in the hours Howard works but he can't go into details yet.

- The show will still start at 6am

- for now it's still 4 days a week but at some point that's going to change. He says they've given him a new more flexible schedule.

- there will still be 2 channels

- Howard says he hopes everyone else & all the other shows get picked up but no word yet. Everyone cuts their own deal.

- Howard says he'll talk to Mel about the possibility of podcast downloads of the show for Sirius subscribers adding that this contract has lots of flexibility.

- No word yet on the TV deal

Is the android app free for subscribers, and does using it add anything to your monthly Sirius bill, the way they suddenly started charging for streaming online content? Right now, I think my bill is just over $17 a month and includes no internet access, just my car receiver.

Is the android app free for subscribers, and does using it add anything to your monthly Sirius bill, the way they suddenly started charging for streaming online content? Right now, I think my bill is just over $17 a month and includes no internet access, just my car receiver.
for iphone its 2.99 a month for subscribers

The app is free - I listen to O&A every day. The internet access is an extra 2.99 a month if you are a current subscriber but you can listen on your computer also and get the full channel listing, the app is limited but does have a lot.They also have an online only option not sure the price.I'm dumping my receiver and just adding on to my XM account from my other car.

Last edited by a moderator:
The app is free - I listen to O&A every day. The internet access is an extra 2.99 a month if you are a current subscriber but you can listen on your computer also and get the full channel listing, the app is limited but does have a lot.They also have an online only option not sure the price.I'm dumping my receiver and just adding on to my XM account from my other car.
I am being charged 12.99/month just for the internet access.

I'm kind of surprised, the last few years he's been counting down the days til his contract is up, he's 56, got plenty of money. I thought he was done.

I'm glad he's not, it's still the most entertaining thing on radio.

Ya, I'm sure it is hard to walk away right at the Apex of your earning years.

As much money as he has, he seems to be the type that would think he'd be wasting money by not renewing his deal.

It might not matter for long, but I found a free iphone app called "MusicDock" that allows Sirius subscribers to listen on an iphone. All Sirius stations, including Howard.

Very happy he's back with Sirius. I hope the new deal fixes whatever people need for their smart phones, but I'm so glad to just turn on my Sirius and he's there for 5 more years.

Thanks Howard!

History has been awesome this week. Hearing the whole Hank story brings back some great memories.

I was on vacation last week. How was that lupe/Dave Lampert segment. I cant seem to find it on youtube
I thought it was horrible. On paper, it should have been gold. But it was unlistenable. She didn't take it seriously and he had an attitude the whole time BECAUSE she wasn't taking it seriously.

History has been awesome this week. Hearing the whole Hank story brings back some great memories.
:fishing:Listening to the 'Am 'Ands Bill song had me convulsing in the car. Tears were running down my face.
That was 1997, I know this for a fact, because a couple of months ago, I found an old videotape I hadn't seen in a decade from a beach house my buddies and I rented in the summer of 1997. I think 30% of the tape was spent quoting that..."Yo, you need another beer?""Ere.... we all find out...why I have... 'Am 'ands.... why she likes high colonics....""###hole, you need a beer or not?""Daddy's comin' in... with the Vaselin-...."

Really enjoying the History of Howard Stern this week. The Gary love tape will never NOT be hilarious. Every time I hear it, it's like the first time.

Jackie killed during the initial viewing of the tape.

I lost a lover, but I also lost my best friend.

You lost a lover and a best friend, but you gained a lover and a best friend.

But I only gained a couple of lovers..... or, ummm, one lover.

W. T. F!

:thumbdown: :shrug: @ Booey math.

Loved it when Howard said "Teeth=mc2" :lol:

Hello Hello

Gary prank call using the tape cuts to the random lady is one of my favorites, can't find it on youtube anywhere... :thumbdown:

Do they have a Youtube of what they played today?.... the VERY first viewing of the tape in the studio in front of staff and fans?

I would kill to see that.

Raider Nation said:
ShaqAttaq said:
video has been up on howardtv
Subscribed last month. Programming sucked. Canceled two days later.They are sitting on so much hot/funny footage, and every month the selections are awful. Goodstein sucks.
i have directv & have never even seen howardtv, but i know that it's been the selection periodically. since every show is available via torrent, i'd assume that specific videos are available too. i'd try looking for the gary video that way

Raider Nation said:
Evilgrin 72 said:
Gary love tape is probably my favorite show of all time.
And even though the tape itself is CRAZY funny, it's everyone's reaction to the tape that makes it 1000x funnier.
The EXPLOSIVE laughter ratches the hilarity up about 10 notches. I think that was the single best HS show ever recorded.

Raider Nation said:
Do they have a Youtube of what they played today?.... the VERY first viewing of the tape in the studio in front of staff and fans?

I would kill to see that.
Can't seem to find video for "part 1", just audio for everything but this segment.

Users who are viewing this thread