What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (10 Viewers)

Raider Nation said:
Evilgrin 72 said:
Gary love tape is probably my favorite show of all time.
And even though the tape itself is CRAZY funny, it's everyone's reaction to the tape that makes it 1000x funnier.
The EXPLOSIVE laughter ratches the hilarity up about 10 notches. I think that was the single best HS show ever recorded.
Either that or the drunk show they will be profiling tomorrow on History of HS. Those two on back to back days this week is just top notch radio

I laughed as hard to Barry Williams and Rhythm of the Night today as I did when I first heard it. Between Howard's steel drum and Gary's trumpet I was in tears. Classic!

I laughed as hard to Barry Williams and Rhythm of the Night today as I did when I first heard it. Between Howard's steel drum and Gary's trumpet I was in tears. Classic!
I have a 3 hour ride each way to my wifes grandparents. Hoping to catch all of today's show since i have missed most of this week bc I'm on vacationI wish you could buy these histories on CD

Raider Nation said:
Evilgrin 72 said:
Gary love tape is probably my favorite show of all time.
And even though the tape itself is CRAZY funny, it's everyone's reaction to the tape that makes it 1000x funnier.
The EXPLOSIVE laughter ratches the hilarity up about 10 notches. I think that was the single best HS show ever recorded.
:mellow: Probably my favorite
+1The video clip of the original tape is my prized possession on my computer.

I miss the baby gorilla. I never liked it when he bragged about his money and his shore house, but I hope he's in a good place.

They are replaying the 9/11 show today. Good stuff.

Howard was so bonkers that he advocated dropping atomic bombs on any and all "rag head" countries.

Funniest line of the day came from Stuttering John, as he watched the jet fuel explosion in the two towers:

"Don't they have sprinkler systems?"

:headbang:

I know most of you are off today. If you have the ability to listen online, I highly recommend it.

Fascinating show, listening to it in retrospect. They were all over the bin Laden factor right away.

Listening to today's show now and Howard saying he doesn't understand foot fetishes is total baloney. This dude used to be more into feet than anyone on the show.

They are replaying the 9/11 show today. Good stuff.Howard was so bonkers that he advocated dropping atomic bombs on any and all "rag head" countries.Funniest line of the day came from Stuttering John, as he watched the jet fuel explosion in the two towers:"Don't they have sprinkler systems?" :goodposting:
Amazing show. I listen to it every once in a while on You Tube.How about Joey Boots early on reporting multiple casualties...

They are replaying the 9/11 show today. Good stuff.Howard was so bonkers that he advocated dropping atomic bombs on any and all "rag head" countries.Funniest line of the day came from Stuttering John, as he watched the jet fuel explosion in the two towers:"Don't they have sprinkler systems?" :)
Amazing show. I listen to it every once in a while on You Tube.How about Joey Boots early on reporting multiple casualties...
I havent looked but it would be easier if you could link it for me

I know most of you are off today. If you have the ability to listen online, I highly recommend it. Fascinating show, listening to it in retrospect. They were all over the bin Laden factor right away.
I've listened to stern since about 1995, out of all the shows this is the only one i really remember. Great great show.I wish he'd release a best of DVD....maybe he's waiting til retirement and that'll be his source of income when he retires.

Howard was so bonkers that he advocated dropping atomic bombs on any and all "rag head" countries.

Funniest line of the day came from Stuttering John, as he watched the jet fuel explosion in the two towers:

:confused:

Seems that part of the new contract was to try and end by 10AM.
just wait until Mondays off come Spring....
:bag: or just more Stern bashing from you?
He said that part of the new contract was move flexibility in scheduling and there was certainly an implication that he might have a shorter week at some point.
1. Speculation on my part but the writing is on the wall....and not bashing at all...the guy is almost a billionaire nearing 60 yrs old, he has earned the right to set his own days and hours...I'll take some Howard over none....my only problem is how he doesnt address it directly with the fans. Like the Fridays off - it was supposed to be a Friday here and there - then it became every Friday without any discussion. Didnt get a chance to listen to the show yesterday but I assume the 10am end time is now a new reality - did he even mention it? 2. With the new 5 yr contract I really hope he fills the Artie chair - the show needs that comedic voice to stir things up....my preference would be Jackie/Artie but probably not realistic - he should do the rotation they did before and see who clicks. 3. Lastly - how is 101 without any good programming - I know they are not fans of each other but an Opie and Anthony pm show would be a natural fit on 101 - I used the love the old days on K-rock with both of them....can Sirius support a separate O/A and Stern? Makes sense to combine them to me.

:goodposting: or just more Stern bashing from you?
He said that part of the new contract was move flexibility in scheduling and there was certainly an implication that he might have a shorter week at some point.
1. Speculation on my part but the writing is on the wall....and not bashing at all...the guy is almost a billionaire nearing 60 yrs old, he has earned the right to set his own days and hours...I'll take some Howard over none....my only problem is how he doesnt address it directly with the fans. Like the Fridays off - it was supposed to be a Friday here and there - then it became every Friday without any discussion. Didnt get a chance to listen to the show yesterday but I assume the 10am end time is now a new reality - did he even mention it? 2. With the new 5 yr contract I really hope he fills the Artie chair - the show needs that comedic voice to stir things up....my preference would be Jackie/Artie but probably not realistic - he should do the rotation they did before and see who clicks.

3. Lastly - how is 101 without any good programming - I know they are not fans of each other but an Opie and Anthony pm show would be a natural fit on 101 - I used the love the old days on K-rock with both of them....can Sirius support a separate O/A and Stern? Makes sense to combine them to me.
O&A were not happy with their last contract, it's only a 2 year deal. I love their show but it's not the same as the old days, still great. I listen to O&A in the mornings then catch West Coast feed for Howard. win win :lmao:

1. Speculation on my part but the writing is on the wall....and not bashing at all...the guy is almost a billionaire nearing 60 yrs old, he has earned the right to set his own days and hours...I'll take some Howard over none....my only problem is how he doesnt address it directly with the fans. Like the Fridays off - it was supposed to be a Friday here and there - then it became every Friday without any discussion. Didnt get a chance to listen to the show yesterday but I assume the 10am end time is now a new reality - did he even mention it?

2. With the new 5 yr contract I really hope he fills the Artie chair - the show needs that comedic voice to stir things up....my preference would be Jackie/Artie but probably not realistic - he should do the rotation they did before and see who clicks.

3. Lastly - how is 101 without any good programming - I know they are not fans of each other but an Opie and Anthony pm show would be a natural fit on 101 - I used the love the old days on K-rock with both of them....can Sirius support a separate O/A and Stern? Makes sense to combine them to me.
He mentioned that the show is supposed to be 4hrs, they're contract is for 4 hrs so his new years resolution is to start the news at 9am no matter what. If Robin finishes the news before 10am he'll fill the space but he's out at 10am. He said it got out of control on terrestrial radio because they had so many commercials they weren't getting to all their stuff, now they have less commercials so 4 hrs is enough.

:X
:bye:

1. Speculation on my part but the writing is on the wall....and not bashing at all...the guy is almost a billionaire nearing 60 yrs old, he has earned the right to set his own days and hours...I'll take some Howard over none....my only problem is how he doesnt address it directly with the fans. Like the Fridays off - it was supposed to be a Friday here and there - then it became every Friday without any discussion. Didnt get a chance to listen to the show yesterday but I assume the 10am end time is now a new reality - did he even mention it?

2. With the new 5 yr contract I really hope he fills the Artie chair - the show needs that comedic voice to stir things up....my preference would be Jackie/Artie but probably not realistic - he should do the rotation they did before and see who clicks.

He mentioned that the show is supposed to be 4hrs, they're contract is for 4 hrs so his new years resolution is to start the news at 9am no matter what. If Robin finishes the news before 10am he'll fill the space but he's out at 10am. He said it got out of control on terrestrial radio because they had so many commercials they weren't getting to all their stuff, now they have less commercials so 4 hrs is enough.
Thx - was there a 2 hr wrap up show or everything ended around 11?

Basically with the 4 hour show and no Bubba on 101 my 5:00-6:00PM ET ride home is going to be the 6:30-7:30AM hour that I heard on the ride in. I'm leaning towards cancelling if this keeps up.

:thumbup: or just more Stern bashing from you?
1. Speculation on my part but the writing is on the wall....and not bashing at all...the guy is almost a billionaire nearing 60 yrs old, he has earned the right to set his own days and hours...I'll take some Howard over none....my only problem is how he doesnt address it directly with the fans. Like the Fridays off - it was supposed to be a Friday here and there - then it became every Friday without any discussion. Didnt get a chance to listen to the show yesterday but I assume the 10am end time is now a new reality - did he even mention it? 2. With the new 5 yr contract I really hope he fills the Artie chair - the show needs that comedic voice to stir things up....my preference would be Jackie/Artie but probably not realistic - he should do the rotation they did before and see who clicks.

That's my biggest beef. If the show was on terrestrial radio for free, I'd have no problem with it. But since we are paying for the product, I think he owes it to the fans to be a little more forthcoming on these issues. Being so cryptic isn't right IMO. I will still listen, I'm a diehard fan, just come right out and say it already. And he wonders why he gets bashed on SFN...

Basically with the 4 hour show and no Bubba on 101 my 5:00-6:00PM ET ride home is going to be the 6:30-7:30AM hour that I heard on the ride in. I'm leaning towards cancelling if this keeps up.
Bubba is now on radioio. They have an itunes ap and an android one is coming Friday. It is freem but from what I hear it is going to cost $10 a month starting in March. This is a poor business plan imo. I think they would be better off selling an ap then trying to sell advertisements. The subscription service business model is dying off imo.

Every year Howard tries to stick to a 4 hour show...and it never holds up.

At least he is still broadcasting!

I dont care if he only does 3 days a week...I dont care if he takes off one week a month....as long as he is still on the air.

I was without Sirius for a few months last year, so I went searching for some Sal & Richard calls I may have missed. I'll telll ya what, Richard won't be discovering a cure for cancer anytime soon... but what he does, he does brilliantly! I had to turn this one off halfway through because I was literally in pain from laughing so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq_Agfp0YpY

:confused: :lmao: :lmao:

That's my biggest beef. If the show was on terrestrial radio for free, I'd have no problem with it. But since we are paying for the product, I think he owes it to the fans to be a little more forthcoming on these issues. Being so cryptic isn't right IMO. I will still listen, I'm a diehard fan, just come right out and say it already.
Same here. For a guy that's all about honesty, why can't he just be forthcoming about his schedule and vacations? The guessing game is maddening (you know, when you get in your car and aren't sure if they're going to be live or not).

His interview with Kelsey Grammars wife is really getting around. Megan Kelly is bringing it up today.

Users who are viewing this thread