What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (3 Viewers)

Was yesterday's day off due to the MLK holiday and has he always taken that day off? Or is it a sneak peak at his new three day work week?

What's with Howard criticizing Gervais? Didn't he send Stuttering John to award shows to do the exact same thing? 10 years ago he would have applauded him.

Disappointed that they do not plan to fill the Artie chair. I think they need one more person in there.
sounded to me that they are leaving it open for Artie. Maybe when they go down to 3 days the baby gorilla/mental infant can handle the hours.
I don't think they'll ever have him back as a regular. He's proven to be completely unstable. That stuff don't fly. Artie's worse off than KC, AJ Benza or Gary BusseyThat being said, I was rolling when they replayed the Bababooey pitch from CitiField. Artie was laughing soooo hard, it was contagious.

Disappointed that they do not plan to fill the Artie chair. I think they need one more person in there.
sounded to me that they are leaving it open for Artie. Maybe when they go down to 3 days the baby gorilla/mental infant can handle the hours.
I don't think they'll ever have him back as a regular. He's proven to be completely unstable. That stuff don't fly. Artie's worse off than KC, AJ Benza or Gary Bussey

That being said, I was rolling when they replayed the Bababooey pitch from CitiField. Artie was laughing soooo hard, it was contagious.
He is, but he was paid talent. When he signed with Sirius, they knew exactly what they were getting. For better or worse. Stern may have not known (or cared to know) the depth of Artie's issues, but he knew the guy was a train wreck (albeit an entertaining one) from the day he first walked in and sat on the couch with Norm.

50/50 shot he comes back at some pt. :hifive:

How much do you think one of those Steven Singer commercials cost when it is right in the middle of the news.

I cant imagine him making that much off the show

This Piers Morgan guy is a terrible interviewer. Guy just rattles off questions, interrupts, never asks any follow-ups. Awful.

This Piers Morgan guy is a terrible interviewer. Guy just rattles off questions, interrupts, never asks any follow-ups. Awful.
I have it DVR'd and haven't watched it yet but I heard he settled down after the first 15 minutes. Also, Howard mentioned it wasn't that noticable during the 2 hour interview but it came across like that after the editting. They must have cut it very tight.

Listened to some old Artie driven Stern shows over the weekend- man do I miss him...he made a boring bit on Sal and the emotional friend into hysteria....they really need to fill that chair and it looks like they are not. They need a comedian in there....bad

Listened to some old Artie driven Stern shows over the weekend- man do I miss him...he made a boring bit on Sal and the emotional friend into hysteria....they really need to fill that chair and it looks like they are not. They need a comedian in there....bad
Doug Stanhope?

Sirius to play Adam Carollas pod cast on howard 101
That makes sense since they have him on a lot BUT doesnt this hurt Carolla and the money that he can make from it
What money does Adam Carolla make from his podcast?
I dont remember the exact number but last time or one of the last times he was on, he said that he was starting to make a little money on it
He does ads on the show - so I assume that is where he gets the money. I'm sure he can still do it. Or maybe Sirius is paying him more than he gets from the ads.

Sirius to play Adam Carollas pod cast on howard 101
That makes sense since they have him on a lot BUT doesnt this hurt Carolla and the money that he can make from it
What money does Adam Carolla make from his podcast?
I dont remember the exact number but last time or one of the last times he was on, he said that he was starting to make a little money on it
He does ads on the show - so I assume that is where he gets the money. I'm sure he can still do it. Or maybe Sirius is paying him more than he gets from the ads.
Right, I would assume that he made some calculation as the number of listeners he would lose from the podcast on his site and determined the loss of ad revenue there and had Sirius pay him at least that and possibly more. (or whatever amount would make it worth his while. Maybe he would think that the increased exposure would offset some amount of revenue.)

is it me, or have things REALLY tanked lately?

Monday - Don't remember what was going on

Tuesday - medicated pete - listened to music instead

Today - Jerry Springer - listened to music instead

Seems like the only interesting day of programming each week is Thursday.

He has gotta be pissed that Sirius pull in decent celebrity interviews.

And the bits that Sal and Richard pitch must be horrible. Because there aren't any bits anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the Eric the Midget youtube discussion was funny this week and the little bit I caught of Howard's rant about Opera (and her half sister) today was :unsure:

Today - Jerry Springer - listened to music instead]

He is gotta be pissed that Sirius cannot seem to pull in decent celebrity interviews.

And the bits that Sal and Richard pitch must be horrible. Because there aren't any bits anymore.
This always baffles me. Go look at his guest list, its filled with top entertainers, not to mention the show is much better with out guests.

Today - Jerry Springer - listened to music instead]

He is gotta be pissed that Sirius cannot seem to pull in decent celebrity interviews.

This always baffles me. Go look at his guest list, its filled with top entertainers, not to mention the show is much better with out guests.
where is the guest list?

To be fair, the Eric the Midget youtube discussion was funny this week and the little bit I caught of Howard's rant about Opera (and her half sister) today was :shrug:
His oprah rant was awesome...he goes places that all of us think but never have the balls to say. I'm just as entertained as ever by the show.

is it me, or have things REALLY tanked lately?Monday - Don't remember what was going onTuesday - medicated pete - listened to music insteadToday - Jerry Springer - listened to music insteadSeems like the only interesting day of programming each week is Thursday.He has gotta be pissed that Sirius pull in decent celebrity interviews.And the bits that Sal and Richard pitch must be horrible. Because there aren't any bits anymore.
Who schedules the guests? Is it Bababooey? If so he should be fired.

I agree with JTG. The end of last year was great. The beginning of this one, not so much

Add in the fact that I hear the same thing when I leave in the morning and come home in the afternoon and I am left unsatisfied. Im sure the guests will pick up when more people have stuff to plug

I agree with JTG. The end of last year was great. The beginning of this one, not so much

Add in the fact that I hear the same thing when I leave in the morning and come home in the afternoon and I am left unsatisfied. Im sure the guests will pick up when more people have stuff to plug
:POWERPOSTING:what a difference that extra hour makes in the replays.

is it me, or have things REALLY tanked lately?Monday - Don't remember what was going onTuesday - medicated pete - listened to music insteadToday - Jerry Springer - listened to music insteadSeems like the only interesting day of programming each week is Thursday.He has gotta be pissed that Sirius pull in decent celebrity interviews.And the bits that Sal and Richard pitch must be horrible. Because there aren't any bits anymore.
Who schedules the guests? Is it Bababooey? If so he should be fired.
They've mentioned several times that Howard has the ultimate authority on which guests are booked and it seems like he nixes a lot of people who are relevant but that he doesn't have a particular interest in or doesn't think would be a good interview.You also can't assume that a celebrity will produce a good interview because many of them are pretty boring in conversation or won't want to answer questions or Howard will not be that into them so he doesn't do a great job (e.g. Seth MacFarlane).

Recent Guests:

Tracy Morgan, Steven Tyler, Ron Howard, Chris Rock, Camille Grammer, Seth Rogen, David Arquette, Little Lupe, Paul Giamatti, Ozzy, Billy Joel, Jay-Z, Jerry Seinfeld and those are the ones just off the top of my head. Who exactly are you guys expecting to come in?

Recent Guests:Tracy Morgan, Steven Tyler, Ron Howard, Chris Rock, Camille Grammer, Seth Rogen, David Arquette, Little Lupe, Paul Giamatti, Ozzy, Billy Joel, Jay-Z, Jerry Seinfeld and those are the ones just off the top of my head. Who exactly are you guys expecting to come in?
Chester Cheetah and Barack Obama would be a nice start.

I'm sure it's been covered here...but I'm new to the thread and got satellite radio about 4 months ago.

Drove 9 hours one way over the holidays....my wife and I listened the History of Howard Stern the entire time....and it flew. Then again on the way back for parts we missed. Really well done.

Users who are viewing this thread