What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (5 Viewers)

Finally found what is probably my favorite Sal and Richard prank call.They just terrorize that kid who has the "Talking Yankees" show. :lol:The whole thing is great, but if you can only listen to one part, skip ahead to the 1:00 mark when Sal tells the story about going to a Yankee game with his father for the first time. Holy s##t! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_oQxI_eJE
:goodposting: I miss those calls a lot, shame they can't get on his show anymore (if he still does the show)

I get so pissed when I hear Howard is rejecting most of the sal/Richard prank calls.

Some won't be classics but why not play some of the lesser calls at least once, even if they aren't that great it only takes 3-5 minutes. If it bombs never play that call again.

Then Howard gets mad at them for "holding" back calls.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/pirated-super-8-print-points-back-to-howard-stern-show/
That is funny as he always cries about studios not giving him screeners! Did he discuss this am? The little I did catch he was addressing complaints about his 3 day week - I personally am fine with him working less but they need to crank up the content which they have not been doing. I mean a fan created the Artie Lange sage - 20+ hrs of awesome content that simply used the content already made and blew away anything Sirius has done...lameAs for Artie - some serious behind the scenes stuff must have went down - but thats how Howard handles things - usually people just vanish - Langford, Mike Walker, Elliot Offen, Bob Levy, KC (for a long time), Chauncey Hayden.....But Artie was a membr of the group - I dont see how he can be out there working again and Howard still ignores it...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/pirated-super-8-print-points-back-to-howard-stern-show/
That is funny as he always cries about studios not giving him screeners! Did he discuss this am? The little I did catch he was addressing complaints about his 3 day week - I personally am fine with him working less but they need to crank up the content which they have not been doing. I mean a fan created the Artie Lange sage - 20+ hrs of awesome content that simply used the content already made and blew away anything Sirius has done...lameAs for Artie - some serious behind the scenes stuff must have went down - but thats how Howard handles things - usually people just vanish - Langford, Mike Walker, Elliot Offen, Bob Levy, KC (for a long time), Chauncey Hayden.....But Artie was a membr of the group - I dont see how he can be out there working again and Howard still ignores it...
Most of those people were discussed on the show after they were gone. They did an on-air goodbye to Langford and Howard talked about Artie and his new show recently too.

He addressed at length. He wished Artie the best but having him back on the show is something that he would not choose to do.

He addressed at length. He wished Artie the best but having him back on the show is something that he would not choose to do.
I dont listen as much as I used to so maybe I missed some of this - I missed the talk of Langford....as for Artie considering how he was a huge part of the show I dont agree that Howard has addressed it at length - he ignored the Artie issue for a while with a simple "he's sick" - now the guy is out there with his own radio show and he is choosing not to have him on again even in an interview? I havent heard too much on that.....well Artie always said it wasnt going to end well - if you havent listened to the Artie Lange Saga go check it out ASAP - awesome listen!

saw High Pitch working the door at the Hard Rock in Yankee Stadium. Wasn't sure at first, so I asked him a question. He only responded with a head nod. Then it became more obvious as other people talked to him and he responded with a mere mumur (hiding his voice). After awhile, a few hecklers would walk by and yell. Felt badly for him.

Good for that dude. Not sure how long it will last, but he's been there for a least a year now (IIRC).

Last edited by a moderator:
saw High Pitch working the door at the Hard Rock in Yankee Stadium. Wasn't sure at first, so I asked him a question. He only responded with a head nod. Then it became more obvious as other people talked to him and he responded with a mere mumur (hiding his voice). After awhile, a few hecklers would walk by and yell. Felt badly for him.

Good for that dude. Not sure how long it will last, but he's been there for a least a year now (IIRC).
Who's High Pitch?

jonah hill interview was fantastic...lmao, he's really funny
I actually sat in my car for 10 minutes to listen some more. It was just around the time where he started getting into what tail he has gotten. I left just as he was saying he was doing well on the US promo tour for superbad and then they sent him to Europe where he was no one again.Hoping to catch it tonight or Friday

I actually sat in my car for 10 minutes to listen some more. It was just around the time where he started getting into what tail he has gotten. I left just as he was saying he was doing well on the US promo tour for superbad and then they sent him to Europe where he was no one again.Hoping to catch it tonight or Friday
The pdiddy story is fantastic

'Evilgrin 72 said:
'JerseyToughGuys said:

Who's High Pitch?
:lmao: I said it about 1000 billion times in my head as I was standing there.

'Evilgrin 72 said:
'JerseyToughGuys said:

Who's High Pitch?
I said it into the boom mic on the 8th tee of the Funai Classic a few years back. I was watching Vijay Singh tee off and noticed I was about 3 feet from the huge mic they use to capture the sound of the drive being struck. A split-second after he made contact, I did a spot-on impression right into the mic while squatting down. Was asked to leave after that (I did it because I was planning to leave then anyway) but I never found out if any or all of it made the telecast...

'Evilgrin 72 said:
'JerseyToughGuys said:

Who's High Pitch?
I said it into the boom mic on the 8th tee of the Funai Classic a few years back. I was watching Vijay Singh tee off and noticed I was about 3 feet from the huge mic they use to capture the sound of the drive being struck. A split-second after he made contact, I did a spot-on impression right into the mic while squatting down. Was asked to leave after that (I did it because I was planning to leave then anyway) but I never found out if any or all of it made the telecast...
:lmao:

'lumpy19 said:
'AcerFC said:
'lumpy19 said:
The pdiddy story is fantastic
At least you know what not to say in an elevator full of black people.

'AcerFC said:
'lumpy19 said:
Me too. After lunch. dude is funny

'Evilgrin 72 said:
'JerseyToughGuys said:

Who's High Pitch?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

we need to get a beer.

'JerseyToughGuys said:
saw High Pitch working the door at the Hard Rock in Yankee Stadium. Wasn't sure at first, so I asked him a question. He only responded with a head nod. Then it became more obvious as other people talked to him and he responded with a mere mumur (hiding his voice). After awhile, a few hecklers would walk by and yell. Felt badly for him.Good for that dude. Not sure how long it will last, but he's been there for a least a year now (IIRC).
oh, and he smelled like ####. I did notice he never actually stepped a foot inside the joint. Coincidence?

Does anyone remember from awhile ago this dude named Mark Harris?

For some reason I have been thinking about his appearances on the show. It was so odd.

Harris was a flamboyantly closeted homosexual married to a much older, long forgotten B-movie Hollywood actress named Martha Raye.

I remember that his segments on the show were awkward, uncomfortable, mean-spirited--and yet very funny in a genuine way.

Howard goofed on what was an obvious sham marriage, but also acknowledged that there was a sincere connection between Harris and Ms. Raye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember from awhile ago this dude named Mark Harris?For some reason I have been thinking about his appearances on the show. It was so odd.Harris was a flamboyantly closeted homosexual married to a much older, long forgotten B-movie Hollywood actress named Martha Raye.I remember that his segments on the show were awkward, uncomfortable, mean-spirited--and yet very funny in a genuine way. Howard goofed on what was an obvious sham marriage, but also acknowledged that there was a sincere connection between Harris and Ms. Raye.
Yup. I'm pretty sure he came out of the closet though and would openly talk about being gay when he was on the show in his later appearances.

he came out. for awhile he had a partner, david, pronounced da-veed. during visits their whole relationship was probed, like george & brad are today.

How does the HR department function at sirius? The staff at the stern show is constantly in situations that would make any other HR dept go nuts.

I used to be in tears about 6-7 years ago when Scott The Engineer was #####ing about something in the studio and Fred would play "#### Everyone" over and over and over again. my favorite sound byte, hands down

I was a huge Stern fan - have not listened in months. It was just a boring dynamic without someone in the 3rd chair. Gotta get someone in their for a different point of view.

Plus I just think it sucks that Howard cant find a way to at least get Artie back on the show to tell his story. He is clearly uncomfortable with the entire Artie situation and I just dont like how he tries to act like he's not in the middle of a comeback. I mean Artie has his own radio gig plus did the big talk shows and is Howard still using the "I dont want him to relapse" card? Just looks bad IMO.

Anyone listen to Nick and Artie show? Its nowhere near Stern from years ago but it has its moments and I love the easy access to the podcast.

Does anyone remember from awhile ago this dude named Mark Harris?

For some reason I have been thinking about his appearances on the show. It was so odd.

Harris was a flamboyantly closeted homosexual married to a much older, long forgotten B-movie Hollywood actress named Martha Raye.

I remember that his segments on the show were awkward, uncomfortable, mean-spirited--and yet very funny in a genuine way.

Howard goofed on what was an obvious sham marriage, but also acknowledged that there was a sincere connection between Harris and Ms. Raye.
Yup. I'm pretty sure he came out of the closet though and would openly talk about being gay when he was on the show in his later appearances.
"I'm a Gay Pappa...Behaving so luxurious..."

I could listen to Chuck Zito tell stories for a month straight. :lmao:

Side note: When Howard tells Sal or Richard to leave, Fred plays a sound clip of a guy saying 'Get outta here'

Any idea who that is and where it's from?

I could listen to Chuck Zito tell stories for a month straight. :lmao: Side note: When Howard tells Sal or Richard to leave, Fred plays a sound clip of a guy saying 'Get outta here'Any idea who that is and where it's from?
He opened a tattoo place in my town. I was convinced it was a side business for running cash thru it or someone paid him for his name but my wife said she saw him out there the other day.

'Kiddnets said:
I was a huge Stern fan - have not listened in months. It was just a boring dynamic without someone in the 3rd chair. Gotta get someone in their for a different point of view. Plus I just think it sucks that Howard cant find a way to at least get Artie back on the show to tell his story. He is clearly uncomfortable with the entire Artie situation and I just dont like how he tries to act like he's not in the middle of a comeback. I mean Artie has his own radio gig plus did the big talk shows and is Howard still using the "I dont want him to relapse" card? Just looks bad IMO. Anyone listen to Nick and Artie show? Its nowhere near Stern from years ago but it has its moments and I love the easy access to the podcast.
Howard has become the Imus that he used to rail on 10-15 years ago. Pathetic.

'Kiddnets said:
I was a huge Stern fan - have not listened in months. It was just a boring dynamic without someone in the 3rd chair. Gotta get someone in their for a different point of view. Plus I just think it sucks that Howard cant find a way to at least get Artie back on the show to tell his story. He is clearly uncomfortable with the entire Artie situation and I just dont like how he tries to act like he's not in the middle of a comeback. I mean Artie has his own radio gig plus did the big talk shows and is Howard still using the "I dont want him to relapse" card? Just looks bad IMO. Anyone listen to Nick and Artie show? Its nowhere near Stern from years ago but it has its moments and I love the easy access to the podcast.
Howard has become the Imus that he used to rail on 10-15 years ago. Pathetic.
I just got my Sirius back after four months without it. Does he ever get any naked broads in there anymore?

I haven't listened in 8 or 9 months. Was on the road for 7 hours yesterday and didn't even turn it on. Shame.

On Artie: From everything I've seen, it seems clear that Howard fears a lawsuit if he brings him back. Justifiably so probably, since Artie's downfall is connected to his role on the show. He wants to avoid a multi-million dollar judgment.

I haven't listened in 8 or 9 months. Was on the road for 7 hours yesterday and didn't even turn it on. Shame.
I'm in the car a few hours a day. I switch between NFL radio and Fantasy sports radio, and only put Howard on when both are in commercials.It's just not appointment radio anymore. :shrug:

On Artie: From everything I've seen, it seems clear that Howard fears a lawsuit if he brings him back. Justifiably so probably, since Artie's downfall is connected to his role on the show. He wants to avoid a multi-million dollar judgment.
How would bringing him in bring about a lawsuit?

I still catch most of his show every day with the various replays. :shrug:
Me too. At this point, all he does is talk about himself and his interests but I think its entertaining enough to still listen. This Benji-Alysia shtick is getting old though. I think I agree with Fred that this is some sort of elaborate set up by Benji. If its not, he is really pathetic

I still catch most of his show every day with the various replays. :shrug:
Me too. At this point, all he does is talk about himself and his interests but I think its entertaining enough to still listen. This Benji-Alysia shtick is getting old though. I think I agree with Fred that this is some sort of elaborate set up by Benji. If its not, he is really pathetic
Benjy is generally all shtick but I think he's just being pathetic with her. I think he's serious.Obviously, the show isn't the laugh out loud radio it once was but like you said, it's entertaining enough to keep me listening. We as fans know so much about their lives that it's just interesting to hear what's going on with them. I still laugh every day at something someone says or does. I guess I'll be a listener until he retires.

So we've been hearing about Howard's lawsuit and the company's stance that it's still two seperate companies, and I experienced that this week. I got a new car that has an XM branded radio, but my old car had an after-market Sirius radio.

I could not just transfer my account over to the new radio, because 3 1/2 years after the merger closed they are still installing XM Only and Sirius Only radios in 2012 cars. I had to cancel my Sirius supscription then open a new account with XM, create a new XM log-in, billing account, etc. The only good thing is my first 3 months are free because I'm considered a new customer. But, after the free trial, it will now cost me $4 more a month to get the same channels I had access to while I was a Sirius customer.

So much for the merger not causing an increase in pricing. :rolleyes:

So we've been hearing about Howard's lawsuit and the company's stance that it's still two seperate companies, and I experienced that this week. I got a new car that has an XM branded radio, but my old car had an after-market Sirius radio.I could not just transfer my account over to the new radio, because 3 1/2 years after the merger closed they are still installing XM Only and Sirius Only radios in 2012 cars. I had to cancel my Sirius supscription then open a new account with XM, create a new XM log-in, billing account, etc. The only good thing is my first 3 months are free because I'm considered a new customer. But, after the free trial, it will now cost me $4 more a month to get the same channels I had access to while I was a Sirius customer. So much for the merger not causing an increase in pricing. :rolleyes:
Yep it's all a scam. I have the same issue. I canceled last time I had no intention on keeping it and they made me the Godfather offer. I ask for everything I have now? They say yes. I say ok, guess what, nope didn't have the "best of" so I call back. They tell me oh I see you have this plan you need this plan. That will be 36 more dollars for the year. I can't believe I stayed calm. I explained what exactly I did 5 minutes ago, she says oh, well do you want it? I say just cancel me, they say hold on. Transfer me to some guy and I explain the whole thing and he tells me it is $36 more. I have no clue what I said at that point but I just started laughing and the guy was cool and I think it finally clicked that he was running me through the exact circle I just did. He waived the fee...But yes it's a money making shake down imo

How would bringing him in bring about a lawsuit?
From what I can gather from SFN theories and listening to the very limited dialogue between them individually it seems like Artie signed an NDA when he left Sirius, probably with a nice severance. You can bet there is a full confidentiality and non disparagement clause on both sides which is why Howard essentially avoids discussing Artie and Artie stammers some vanilla comments without really saying anything. I would rather Howard just acknowledge that when artie left an agreement was made not to speak about him and hes respecting that - the BS he is shovelling about not wanting to hurt Artie by having him on is a joke considering Artie has his own show and has made the talk show tours again. Waive the NDA to allow one interview for closure to all fans....you cant have a guy as a huge part of the show and just not mention him any more. Its just strange and I lost a lot of respect for Howard...not to mention seeing Beth's mug everywhere...but most important of all - show's just not funny anymore. I think he doesnt care anymore based on his Sirius lawsuit - Cant imagine hes going to do this for 4 more years! His legacy is being ruined by this run.....not that he cares!

Users who are viewing this thread