What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (7 Viewers)

I wouldn't pay a dime for a fast pass for one ride.

Let me buy some kind of super unlimited works on every ride in the complex platinum fast pass? I'd go to 50 per person. 

They would make a billionty dollars if they did an adults only night every now and then. Say EPCOT with a special 100 bucks per person pass, have to be 21 or older, from 9pm to midnight.

Billionty.
Totally agree about Epcot. I would love to go there without kids. 

I’ve been to Universal with no kids allowed because on certain nights when they close it is open to functions and we have had work conferences there with it rented out. Rides are open, booze everywhere, pretty fun. 

this brings an interesting question (for conversation sake). Can you realistically control the crowds going to SWLand? Maybe for the 1st year, SW land is its own ticket? IDK? Do you think it will literally hit Christmas level crowds where they close the park for capacity on a regular basis?
Its impossible to tell.  I feel like I'm your average SW fan, but a Disney fanatic....but I have no desire to hit this up for at least a year.  Demand might be so high that it drives people away?  I've become too much of a tightwad to do another Disney trip with no guarantee of getting a FP for anything in SW land.  

Seriously interested in seeing Maxpass play out with this.  Anaheim is a short plane trip away, I think 4 flights were under $2k last time we went.  Airbnb  a nice little spot in Huntington Beach and uber to and from DL.  Without completely nerding out this morning my guess is the trip to DL would be cheaper than driving to WDW and staying at the Poly.  

I'm nowhere near a spend-thrift, but I'm firmly pro paying for convenience in almost any circumstance (and almost at any price.) When you factor in what my "time" is worth, and then factor in the opportunity costs, it's almost always a good value. The decision on whether or not you want to allocate your budgeted funds or take a principled stance is another story.  

When you think about the all-in cost of a day at a Disney park, where your main objective is to at least experience that one, 3-hour wait time ride, you're devaluing the rest of the park and over-paying for that one ride. Paying $50 more, per person, to get back 2.5 hours of time in the park re-balances that, and probably even makes the overall cost more valuable. 

Better way to think about it, assuming your objective is to experience the most attractions in one day at one park:

• 25 attractions (rides, shows, character encounters, etc.)
  • 10 hours of park time
  • $600 all-in cost for family of 4
Let's say no "extra" fast pass means 3 hours at the big ride and all the other attractions average 30 minutes. You're doing 15 things for $600 ($40 per attraction.) 

With $50 add-on, all the attractions average 30 minutes, so now you're doing 20 things for $800, which is still $40 per attraction but you've done 33% more things to better maximize those 10 hours. If missing some of those extra 33% more things would have meant going back to the park a second time (at additional dollar cost, or even just the time cost where you can't do another park instead), that's making it even more worthwhile.    

I'm usually a tight-wad, but there's two things I value more than money: my time and memorable experiences. It's why I'll always spring for the VIP/Meet & Greet experience for the kids if we're goign to a Yo Gabba Gabba or DanTDM show. And why I'll redeem my credit card points to work the goalpost nets during an Eagles game or season-long VIP parking that saves me 45 minutes of traffic after the game, instead of cash back. 

I'm nowhere near a spend-thrift, but I'm firmly pro paying for convenience in almost any circumstance (and almost at any price.) When you factor in what my "time" is worth, and then factor in the opportunity costs, it's almost always a good value. The decision on whether or not you want to allocate your budgeted funds or take a principled stance is another story.  

When you think about the all-in cost of a day at a Disney park, where your main objective is to at least experience that one, 3-hour wait time ride, you're devaluing the rest of the park and over-paying for that one ride. Paying $50 more, per person, to get back 2.5 hours of time in the park re-balances that, and probably even makes the overall cost more valuable. 

Better way to think about it, assuming your objective is to experience the most attractions in one day at one park:

• 10 hours of park time
Let's say no "extra" fast pass means 3 hours at the big ride and all the other attractions average 30 minutes. You're doing 15 things for $600 ($40 per attraction.) 

With $50 add-on, all the attractions average 30 minutes, so now you're doing 20 things for $800, which is still $40 per attraction but you've done 33% more things to better maximize those 10 hours. If missing some of those extra 33% more things would have meant going back to the park a second time (at additional dollar cost, or even just the time cost where you can't do another park instead), that's making it even more worthwhile.    

I'm usually a tight-wad, but there's two things I value more than money: my time and memorable experiences. It's why I'll always spring for the VIP/Meet & Greet experience for the kids if we're goign to a Yo Gabba Gabba or DanTDM show. And why I'll redeem my credit card points to work the goalpost nets during an Eagles game or season-long VIP parking that saves me 45 minutes of traffic after the game, instead of cash back. 
I'm pretty much exactly where you are...my time (esp on vacation) is golden and I have no problem paying for that to be improved. I know it is debated often, but that's why I'm high on desert parties. As I tell my wife, "Well, its cheaper then bail" b/c I'm not the guy to spend an hour+ with the masses only to have some jerk off move in front of me at the last moment holding his iPad in the air. 

For me, SWLand isnt really in the cards right now based on our travel schedule. Going back in summer (won't be open yet) for prob our last trip for a while. Will be going to Auluni for our 20th in 2 years, so saving points for that. But we will be stopping in CA and going to DL, so I may be getting their version 1st.

But don't get me wrong, I'd be lying if I told you have not been thinking about the possibility of a quick weekend trip, esp if they did sell some type of access or FP package where I can just buy that. My kids have been to the parks enough, I could spend that money and not spend another dime there on tickets or anything else, just do SWland and relax by the pool the est of the trip. 

Interesting conversation listening to on a podcast in regards to the $12k super VIP tour. The tour includes a variety of exclusive experiences, but for that money, what would be the one thing/experience you would want to do?

for me:
• Be up in the castle during Happily Ever After and in the window as Tinkerbell ziplines down. 
• Be backstage during Fantasmic and see how it all gets put on
• Do a lap as a Jungle Cruise Skipper or a Killamajaro Safari driver
• Get in costume and hide out in Pirates for an hour. 
• Be on a parade float
• Walk Space Ship Earth or Haunted Mansion with the lights on. 
There are lots of other things that involve the Princesses, Mickey's head and a case of beer, but this is a PG forum. lol

What would be your 'lifetime experience" at WDW?

jb1020 said:
Its impossible to tell.  I feel like I'm your average SW fan, but a Disney fanatic....but I have no desire to hit this up for at least a year.  Demand might be so high that it drives people away?  I've become too much of a tightwad to do another Disney trip with no guarantee of getting a FP for anything in SW land.  

Seriously interested in seeing Maxpass play out with this.  Anaheim is a short plane trip away, I think 4 flights were under $2k last time we went.  Airbnb  a nice little spot in Huntington Beach and uber to and from DL.  Without completely nerding out this morning my guess is the trip to DL would be cheaper than driving to WDW and staying at the Poly.  
We stayed at a very cheap and nice hotel where we walked to Disney every day. Took 10 mins and had a great breakfast. Let me know if you want the name. Was like $89 a night or something like that. I think it was Travelodge but would need to check with my wife

The Noid said:

• 10 hours of park time

I am very lucky to be in a good economic situation to agree with everything you said. And the VIP for Yo Gabba and the Fresh Beat band was so $$$$

glvsav37 said:
I'm pretty much exactly where you are...my time (esp on vacation) is golden and I have no problem paying for that to be improved. I know it is debated often, but that's why I'm high on desert parties. As I tell my wife, "Well, its cheaper then bail" b/c I'm not the guy to spend an hour+ with the masses only to have some jerk off move in front of me at the last moment holding his iPad in the air. 

For me, SWLand isnt really in the cards right now based on our travel schedule. Going back in summer (won't be open yet) for prob our last trip for a while. Will be going to Auluni for our 20th in 2 years, so saving points for that. But we will be stopping in CA and going to DL, so I may be getting their version 1st.

But don't get me wrong, I'd be lying if I told you have not been thinking about the possibility of a quick weekend trip, esp if they did sell some type of access or FP package where I can just buy that. My kids have been to the parks enough, I could spend that money and not spend another dime there on tickets or anything else, just do SWland and relax by the pool the est of the trip. 

Lol, my wife is already planning a quick trip after MLK weekend in January so we can go when it won’t be extremely busy. We all know there is no down time anymore. 

Interesting conversation listening to on a podcast in regards to the $12k super VIP tour. The tour includes a variety of exclusive experiences, but for that money, what would be the one thing/experience you would want to do?

for me:
• Be up in the castle during Happily Ever After and in the window as Tinkerbell ziplines down. 
• Be backstage during Fantasmic and see how it all gets put on
• Do a lap as a Jungle Cruise Skipper or a Killamajaro Safari driver
• Get in costume and hide out in Pirates for an hour. 
• Be on a parade float
• Walk Space Ship Earth or Haunted Mansion with the lights on. 
There are lots of other things that involve the Princesses, Mickey's head and a case of beer, but this is a PG forum. lol

What would be your 'lifetime experience" at WDW?
Belle and Jasmin...... hang out with me all day

Last edited by a moderator:
My 4 year old will be proposing to Elena of Avalror while here.  Wish him luck.

Foodies:  Moryimito place in Disney springs worth the cash?

And so it begins.....Permits were filed yesterday for the demo and reimagining of Innoventions West at Epcot. 

All of the Innoventions West building will be demolished, as well as surrounding hardscape, landscaping, and the like. Epcot Character Spot, the FountainView Starbucks, and Club Cool will all close before this happens sometime in the next year. Most of the Character Spot meet and greets are rumored to relocate to ImageWorks, where they will join Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope

Meanwhile, Starbucks is rumored to take up the food service side of the upcoming Epcot Experience Center, otherwise known as the Odyssey between Future World and World Showcase.

Most of Innoventions East is now expected to stay through the completion of Project Gamma, leaving the MouseGear and Electric Umbrella buildings in operation. MouseGear is slated for a major overhaul before Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021. It is unclear how much will change at Electric Umbrella during the course of the project.

As for what will be replacing Innoventions West, that remains unclear at this time.

Now, where am I supposed to get my free shots of Beverly???

clear your calendars Thursday!

The Disney shareholder call will take place and it is expected that we will have an official opening date for DL's SWLand (June of this year) as well as an announcement that the opening of WDW's version being moved up to Spt/Oct of this year. 

it is being reported that things have supposedly gone very well as of late for the Disney’s Hollywood Studios version of the land. If sources are to be believed, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in Florida in September/October, with preview events set to start in late July. A lot still has to go right for this to happen, but it sounds likely.

Call will be streamed at 8am PT/11am EST

Here we go....Galaxy Edge Info coming in

Disneyland: Opening March 31st

Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.
WDW: AUGUST 29th (much earlier then anticipated)

A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort.  And you should know that valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited.  Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during Extra Magic Hours. During Extra Magic Hours guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can spend extra time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios enjoying select attractions.  Details will also be available at a later date on Disneyworld.com.
the bad: The other ride, Rise of the Resistance will open in a "Phase 2" later this year. So while the land will open, it will only have the Millenium falcon ride operating according to sources. 

Edit: and now there is this: Offfa

Disney FastPass service, including access via Disney MaxPass at Disneyland Park and Disney FastPass+ service at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run 

start stretching those kids

At Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests must be 38″ or taller to ride. Once it opens, the height requirement for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, will be 40″ or taller

this was a footnote on the bottom of the DisneyParksBlog story:

Capacity for the parks, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences is limited.  Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
That tells me that they are fully prepared to close the land and/or park down in the event of it reaching capacity. 

If I can interact with gold bikini Princess Leia during those 540 minutes then I’ll be wait it out.

We have our trip with free dining planned for September so this couldn’t have worked out better.  The crowds at the other parks should hopefully be better and if I decide to be a masochist I’ll wait in the line.

If I can interact with gold bikini Princess Leia during those 540 minutes then I’ll be wait it out.

We have our trip with free dining planned for September so this couldn’t have worked out better.  The crowds at the other parks should hopefully be better and if I decide to be a masochist I’ll wait in the line.
same...I hate myself for thinking it, but I might plan a day just to be there when I go in sept. I'll be alone, so it wont be so bad as if I was with my kids. 

Seems like these all are opening ahead of schedule.  Seems like a first in the theme park world (of course not both rides are open in Disney World).

Not doing my next trip until 2020 and hopefully the crowds have died down by then.  Likely going to do the trip to Disneyland then as well as a change of pace from Disney world.  Also, probably a shorter trip to the parks as I will do other things in Cali as well.  

Disney+ is the soon to be released Disney's streaming service

Iger said that the entire Disney cinematic library will be available on the platform. 

Disney’s streaming service, called Disney Plus, will be launching later this year. Shortly after it does, CEO Bob Iger says, it will contain “the entire Disney motion picture library.” That means the iconic “Disney Vault” is effectively dead.

Disney’s catalog of films dates back to the 1920s, and includes cultural touchstones such as Dumbo and Snow White alongside modern classics like Frozen and Zootopia. But traditionally, Disney has only made individual titles available on home video for limited periods of time. Once a run of The Little Mermaid on Disney DVD and Blu-ray has sold through, for instance, it’s back into the Vault until it’s released again.
No date has been given yet for the service to start. 

No fastpass :lmao:  nooooooope
Actually it makes it more likely I will do it - if I’m at rope drop and make a beeline to the ride I’m thinking I can ride faster than if I’m fighting a million people for FP and the wait time being 2 hours from the second it opens

As cynical as I've been about Disney and SW lately....I'll be the first to say, those rides look ####### awesome.  

However I won't pay $500 to get my family in the park and then shell out another $50 per person to ride them.  Can't do it.  

Actually it makes it more likely I will do it - if I’m at rope drop and make a beeline to the ride I’m thinking I can ride faster than if I’m fighting a million people for FP and the wait time being 2 hours from the second it opens
it all comes down to supply, how many FP's they release for an attraction per hour really affects the standby line. But if everyone is just moving through at the same pace, then theoretically they can really zone in on an accurate wait time. Capacity is what it is and that won't change, but not having to mix in the FP variable will help. 

After listening to Lou Mongello and guests talk about some of the details and rumors around the SW resort I have an enormous SW nerd boner - sounds totally awesome.

Every day is gonna be a Star Wars Rival Run Weekend, at rope drop. 

I'm probably the only person in this thread that isn't a Star Wars fan.  Never seen the movies, just not a fan of that genre really.  Definitely looking forward to the 5 min waits on RnR Coaster and ToT starting in September! 🤘

I'm probably the only person in this thread that isn't a Star Wars fan.  Never seen the movies, just not a fan of that genre really.  Definitely looking forward to the 5 min waits on RnR Coaster and ToT starting in September! 🤘
You aren't alone brother :hifive:

My kids ARE though, so I have to come up with excuses for the next 24 months as to why we can't go to Hollywood Studios.  I don't think I am up for that challenge :kicksrock:  

Users who are viewing this thread