What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (1 Viewer)

For the Metro-D.C. people, Cheeburger Cheeburger is better than Five Guys. Way more toppings and way more sauces. The selection is not even close. I know there's one in Rockville, MD. I think there's a few other's around, too.
I have both of these within walking distance of home. Cheeburger Cheeburger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Five Guys.

Five Guys is good but a bit on the pricy side for fast food. I paid $10 for a burger, fries and drink.

I'll take a 100% fresh beef burger grilled over an open fire with fresh Let/Onion/Tom/Pickle/Must anyday over 5 guys. I don't have one place I have to get a burger from, I can enjoy one almost anywhere as long as the burgers are cooked to order. Medium rare to medium is so much more important to me than anything 5 guys serves. I've had 5 guys but c'mon, it costs over $10 for a burger, fried, and a coke. I'll take an open fire gutbomb from any mom and pop including bars as long as the toppings are fresh. I can skip the fries, not needed.
Agreed on the first part, but Five Guys is easily the best fast foodish burger Ive ever had.Cant skip the fries though, especially the Cajun fries. Youre best off going with a single cheeseburger and fries instead of the double burger.Plus, Five Guys smallest fry is like 3 large fries from anywhere else and only costs a little more than $2...easily most bang for your buck

I'll take a 100% fresh beef burger grilled over an open fire with fresh Let/Onion/Tom/Pickle/Must anyday over 5 guys. I don't have one place I have to get a burger from, I can enjoy one almost anywhere as long as the burgers are cooked to order. Medium rare to medium is so much more important to me than anything 5 guys serves. I've had 5 guys but c'mon, it costs over $10 for a burger, fried, and a coke. I'll take an open fire gutbomb from any mom and pop including bars as long as the toppings are fresh. I can skip the fries, not needed.
Agreed on the first part, but Five Guys is easily the best fast foodish burger Ive ever had.Cant skip the fries though, especially the Cajun fries. Youre best off going with a single cheeseburger and fries instead of the double burger.Plus, Five Guys smallest fry is like 3 large fries from anywhere else and only costs a little more than $2...easily most bang for your buck
I'm so in.

I wouldn't call Five Guys "fast food" though. I've only been there two or three times but it takes a while to get food.
I've never been, but it sounds a lot like In-N-Out here on the west coast in the sense that they are considered "fast food" but it actually takes 8-12 minutes to get your order on a good day.

My first 5G's trip was about 3 years back in DC... right across from Nationals Park. I was blown away.

Since then they've opened a few in Chicago... lol at getting anything but the small fries. They literally fill the entire cup and then throw another cup into the bag they serve them in.

Awesome greasy food.... another :shrug: from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
fat guys know food...

At The Players Championship last week, Phil Mickelson made a big statement when he told the press that he preferred Five Guys Burgers and Fries over In-N-Out Burger.“I grew up on In-N-Out,” said Mickelson, who admitted he had gone to Five Guys for six days in a row. “I thought that was the best burger until I had Five Guys. That is hands down the best burger I’ve ever had.”
Much like the Masters gives out lifetime exemptions to winners, Five guys should give Phil a lifetime supply for the free pub. I never heard of them before and now I have to agree. Damn great burger!

My first 5G's trip was about 3 years back in DC... right across from Nationals Park. I was blown away.Since then they've opened a few in Chicago... lol at getting anything but the small fries. They literally fill the entire cup and then throw another cup into the bag they serve them in. Awesome greasy food.... another :thumbup: from me.
:) I'm in NW Chicago burbs and we have one a few miles from home. Very good burger and the amount of fries is almost overwhelming. I don't think I've come close to eating them all (in a small).

For the Metro-D.C. people, Cheeburger Cheeburger is better than Five Guys. Way more toppings and way more sauces. The selection is not even close. I know there's one in Rockville, MD. I think there's a few other's around, too.
I have both of these within walking distance of home. Cheeburger Cheeburger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Five Guys.
If you live in that area and you want an awesome burger (not toppings, just burger), try the sliders at Matchbox. Incredible. Locations in Chinatown and by Eastern Market.

Congratulations?
:unsure:

Huge fan of Five Guys. Unfortunately, since I know live in a pit stain, there isn't one close to me. I'd gladly stop in at least every couple of weeks when there was one nearby

Not impressed...maybe just too much grease for me. Fuddruckers and even Portillos in Chicago has it all over this place...

Best chain burger I've had... I won't even go to fudds, ruby's or red robin anymore. Mayo, lettuce, pickle, and onion(raw). :)

They built one a few minutes down the road from me here in Houston that I tried out a month ago. Definitely was struck by the similarities to the In & Out Burgers I've visited out west (even a very similar decor.) Seems like they stole that concept and improved on it. Thought both the burgers and the fries were excellent. Maybe not my personal favorite that I've ever had but definitely in the top 5~10.

I think a few of you are taking this a little further than intended. Sure, you can go lots of places with waitresses, steaks on the menu, and booze for sale and find comparable/better burgers.

For what it is, though, I was impressed by what I had on my first visit. IMO, much better than other fast food restaurants (and yes, I got mine quickly. I'd call it fast food. It sounds like that may be the exception rather than the rule, though?). And I'm not sure how many places have better fries, but the list within driving distance of my office would certainly be VERY short.

$3.09 i believe.  they [Roy Rogers] may come back.  Some guys up in Frederick MD bought the franchising rights to it a few years ago.  They are expanding again.  They're at just about every rest stop on I-95 from Baltimore to NYC.

Give it time, I'm sure they'll get back down there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update?

Five Guys rocks. Haven't been to one in over a year because of a diet. miss the fries.

Roy Rogers was great as a local DC chain. But now that it's all over the Jersey Turnpike, I can't imaging the same quality. But the Roy Rogers Double-R Burger...that was scrumptous.

Anyone remember Geno's? They were a chain in the late 70s, but they had to close shop. Always thought the quality was good.

Roy Rogers was great as a local DC chain. But now that it's all over the Jersey Turnpike, I can't imaging the same quality. But the Roy Rogers Double-R Burger...that was scrumptous.Anyone remember Geno's? They were a chain in the late 70s, but they had to close shop. Always thought the quality was good.
Gino's was bought out buy Roy Rogers in the late 70's or early 80's. Most were converted but some were closed.As for 5Guys, there bacon double cheeseburger with everything is fantabulous, a real chunck of greasy goodness! I think their fries are meh; for whatever reason they just don't stack up to boardwalk fries even though they are the same style.

It's hard not to get a burger at 5 guys, but their dogs a really good too. Bacon, cheese, mustard, relish.

X

Not impressed...maybe just too much grease for me. Fuddruckers and even Portillos in Chicago has it all over this place...
I've never been inclined to order a burger at Portillos. How do you go into that place and not go dog or beef?
Love the burgers at Portillo's - that's pretty much all I'll get there (no slight against the dog, ital beef, chopped salad or ribs, all of which are also awesome).

Five Guys rocks. Haven't been to one in over a year because of a diet. miss the fries.Roy Rogers was great as a local DC chain. But now that it's all over the Jersey Turnpike, I can't imaging the same quality. But the Roy Rogers Double-R Burger...that was scrumptous.Anyone remember Geno's? They were a chain in the late 70s, but they had to close shop. Always thought the quality was good.
You know that Gino's was named after Gino Marchetti of the Baltimore Colts, don't you?But yeah, the Roy's Triggerburger was one of the best and the Free Fixin's Bar was great. They also had one of the best roast beef sandwiches (with Horsey Sauce of course) around and Pappy Parker's Smokey Mountain fried chicken too. But nothing tops a Mighty Mo, onion rings and a chocolate shake from the original Hot Shoppes on the corner of East-West Highway and Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Bethesda, circa 1967 or so.

Five Guys rocks. Haven't been to one in over a year because of a diet. miss the fries.Roy Rogers was great as a local DC chain. But now that it's all over the Jersey Turnpike, I can't imaging the same quality. But the Roy Rogers Double-R Burger...that was scrumptous.Anyone remember Geno's? They were a chain in the late 70s, but they had to close shop. Always thought the quality was good.
Roy Rogers wasn't a local DC chain, there was one down the street from my house (in NJ, and nowhere near the Turnpike) as far back as 1985, at least.

Five Guys rocks. Haven't been to one in over a year because of a diet. miss the fries.

Roy Rogers was great as a local DC chain. But now that it's all over the Jersey Turnpike, I can't imaging the same quality. But the Roy Rogers Double-R Burger...that was scrumptous.

Anyone remember Geno's? They were a chain in the late 70s, but they had to close shop. Always thought the quality was good.
Roy Rogers wasn't a local DC chain, there was one down the street from my house (in NJ, and nowhere near the Turnpike) as far back as 1985, at least.
Roys started in DC and then went more regional up the East Coast. They were started by Marriott.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Rogers_Restaurants

Roys started in DC and then went more regional up the East Coast. They were owned by Marriott for a while, IIRC.
Ahhhh. Did not know that. They were around in NJ as far back as I can remember, wish there was one closer to me than VA.

Roys started in DC and then went more regional up the East Coast. They were owned by Marriott for a while, IIRC.
Ahhhh. Did not know that. They were around in NJ as far back as I can remember, wish there was one closer to me than VA.
They are NOT the same...

I think a few of you are taking this a little further than intended. Sure, you can go lots of places with waitresses, steaks on the menu, and booze for sale and find comparable/better burgers.For what it is, though, I was impressed by what I had on my first visit. IMO, much better than other fast food restaurants (and yes, I got mine quickly. I'd call it fast food. It sounds like that may be the exception rather than the rule, though?). And I'm not sure how many places have better fries, but the list within driving distance of my office would certainly be VERY short.
The burgers are ok, but they cook them well, so its not like the burger itself is anything to write home about. They have a nice selection of toppings and the fries are very good. On the whole, its good fairly fast food, but its more on par with a Fuddruckers than a McDonalds. And in that regard it doesn't much distinguish itself.

Users who are viewing this thread