What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (1 Viewer)

The closest 5 Guys to me is 16.5 miles away in freaking Carson, CA. But I just might have to make the trip this weekend to see what the fuss is about.
That's maybe a 20 min drive...too much?
More like 30 minutes+ driving out of L.A., kind of overkill for burgers and fries. If I can round up some fellow fatasses, it may be worth it.
Ah, LA traffic.Mine's about the same distance away and will probably take 20 minutes give or take.

If you're in Alexandria, have you been to Ray's Hell Burger?
I'm actually down at Quantico, but yes, I have been to Ray's. Good hamburger, but a bit overrated imo. Maybe I just had toohigh hopes for it after all the press it got from Obama. Did a version of the Double R burger. Was very surprised they didn't bother to grill the ham or anything. completely cold on my hamburger.

The closest 5 Guys to me is 16.5 miles away in freaking Carson, CA. But I just might have to make the trip this weekend to see what the fuss is about.
More like 30 minutes+ driving out of L.A., kind of overkill for burgers and fries. If I can round up some fellow fatasses, it may be worth it.
I'm a fan of Five Guys, but it's definitely doesn't compare to In N Out Burger. I don't live in California, but my wife is from there and we go about once a year. In N Out is far beyond any other fast food burger available. Hell, it's probably the best burger I've ever had anywhere. eta: Just so you don't go thinking it's going to amaze you

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why Five Guys is so popular. I guess they give you about a paper bag full of fries, but I don't really see that as a selling point. The burgers imo are decent nothing special. Better than most chains though.

I'm not sure why Five Guys is so popular. I guess they give you about a paper bag full of fries, but I don't really see that as a selling point. The burgers imo are decent nothing special. Better than most chains though.
:shrug:Good but not incredible. Better than most places. Not the best I've had to be sure. No shakes. No beer. Fries were good, but a type that's commonly available, at least around here, and for less. Burger is good also, but there's better to be had around here for less, and without the gallon of grease.

I'm a fan of Five Guys, but it's definitely doesn't compare to In N Out Burger. I don't live in California, but my wife is from there and we go about once a year. In N Out is far beyond any other fast food burger available. Hell, it's probably the best burger I've ever had anywhere. eta: Just so you don't go thinking it's going to amaze you
Maybe I'm spoiled cuz I can get In-N-Out any time I want, but I'm not overly impressed by their Double-double, and I can tell just looking at pictures that 5Guys fries are better.

Maybe I'm spoiled cuz I can get In-N-Out any time I want, but I'm not overly impressed by their Double-double, and I can tell just looking at pictures that 5Guys fries are better.
In-N -Out fries are improved immeasurably by ordering them "well done." They are substantially crispier that way.

I've never been greeted when walking into a Five Guys. :thumbdown:
I think he's thinking of Jimmy John's.
The hell I am...
You are the guy that tried to convince me for 90 minutes that Sabarro's was "known for" selling two pizzas smashed together, right? That was you, right?
I honestly thought that's what I was buying 15 years ago when I was a poor college student and considered Sabarro a luxury item....all I remember was two slices of pizza folded on top of one another. If I went their weekly like you, I might have a fresher memory. I've never been to Jimmy John's.

I've never been greeted when walking into a Five Guys. :thumbdown:
The hell I am...
You are the guy that tried to convince me for 90 minutes that Sabarro's was "known for" selling two pizzas smashed together, right? That was you, right?
That's what I always think of when I think of Sbarro. :rant:
:unsure: Thank you. Shuke made me feel really stupid over this.

I've never been greeted when walking into a Five Guys. :excited:
The hell I am...
I honestly thought that's what I was buying 15 years ago when I was a poor college student and considered Sabarro a luxury item....all I remember was two slices of pizza folded on top of one another. If I went their weekly like you, I might have a fresher memory. I've never been to Jimmy John's.
Dude, it's a stuffed pizza. It has the toppings on the inside. They didn't just flip over a pizza on top of another one.

In-N -Out fries are improved immeasurably by ordering them "well done." They are substantially crispier that way.
Fries really aren't the draw at In-N-Out anyway. I don't even order fries there, just two cheeseburgers.

I've never been greeted when walking into a Five Guys. :mellow:
The hell I am...
This is how I remember it

You have to be. In N Out is mind blowingly good. :mellow:

Dude, it's a stuffed pizza. It has the toppings on the inside. They didn't just flip over a pizza on top of another one.
:bag:

I ate there last night for the first time. Not bad. I agree that it was a tad overpriced for burger food. For 2 burgers, large fries and 2 large fountain drinks, it was almost $20. I got the bacon cheeseburger and it was very good. It reminded me sort of a Wendy's burger how it is flatter, but it was a little better tasting than Wendy's Baconator (suprisingly). The fries were good, but I'd still give the nod to Mcdonalds fries over Five Guys.

confirmedSbarro Website

Sausage & Pepperoni

Two crisp layers of our pizza dough filled with our savory sausage, zesty pepperoni, mozzarella and Romano cheeses and tomato pizza sauce.

phrozen said:
shuke said:
confirmedSbarro Website

Sausage & Pepperoni

Two crisp layers of our pizza dough filled with our savory sausage, zesty pepperoni, mozzarella and Romano cheeses and tomato pizza sauce.
picpic 2

phrozen said:
shuke said:
confirmedSbarro Website

Sausage & Pepperoni

picpic 2
That's nowadays. When I went there, it was the early 90's. They didn't have this sort of technology back then. Certainly not in Mississippi.

General Malaise said:
phrozen said:
shuke said:
confirmedSbarro Website

Sausage & Pepperoni

picpic 2
That's nowadays. When I went there, it was the early 90's. They didn't have this sort of technology back then. Certainly not in Mississippi.
:lmao: "pizza sandwich"

I always order them well done. My friend asks for an extra packet of "spread" and we dip the fries in that.

I always order them well done. My friend asks for an extra packet of "spread" and we dip the fries in that.
You can also get them to put the spread on the fries by ordering them animal style.

Been in love with 25 Burgers in Boundbrook, NJ.

They have a $5 value menu of Double Cheeseburger/fries/coke.

I have never tried crack, but I am sure it's a similar craving.

Never heard of Five Guys. Coming home from the gym last night I saw a sign that they were opening up about 3 minutes from my house in Thousand Oaks, CA. Now, In and Out is 5 minutes, The Habit is 2 minutes, and the Original Tommy's is 10 minutes, so it better be good or they have no chance of staying in business with the local competition. FYI, they opened a new Fuddrucker's with much fanfare a block away, lasted 18 months. For Lease signs up 2 days ago.

I don't know how the excess grease will play out here..

Went for the first time today. I'd go again.
I went for the first time last week (one just opened in town this month). 9 bucks for a pretty average burger, pedestrian-quality fries (of which there were way too many), and a Coke. :excited:It was only one visit, but I do *not* understand the appeal at this point...

I went for the first time last week (one just opened in town this month). 9 bucks for a pretty average burger, pedestrian-quality fries (of which there were way too many), and a Coke. :mellow:It was only one visit, but I do *not* understand the appeal at this point...
wtf? I always paid about $6. Not sure where you are located but that's way more than I pay. Also, this may be the first time I've heard anyone complain about getting "too many" fries. sheeshAs far as quality, it's not the best burger I've ever had, but it's way better than one at any fastfood joint or restaurant near me

I went for the first time last week (one just opened in town this month). 9 bucks for a pretty average burger, pedestrian-quality fries (of which there were way too many), and a Coke. :thumbdown:It was only one visit, but I do *not* understand the appeal at this point...
wtf? I always paid about $6. Not sure where you are located but that's way more than I pay. Also, this may be the first time I've heard anyone complain about getting "too many" fries. sheeshAs far as quality, it's not the best burger I've ever had, but it's way better than one at any fastfood joint or restaurant near me
This is in Lincoln, NE, so it's not like I ordered it in Times Square. :clap: To be fair, I ordered the "Hamburger", which on their menu is actually a double hamburger (which I didn't know at the time) with lettuce, tomato, pickles, grilled onions, mayo, ketchup and mustard. Add a small fry and a large drink, and it was around a 9 dollar tab (with tax).--Most of the toppings fell out and ended up on the tray.--I wouldn't mind "too many" crispy, tasty fries. These fries were greasy, mealy, bland ones. If this is what fries cooked up in peanut oil taste like, color me unimpressed.--The Coke was okay.Overall, it really was fine. But just that--just fine, and not nearly worth the money. Part of my problem might have been that I bought their hype when I walked in--signs all over for "Zagat-Rated", "Voted Best Burger in Tampa", etc. If that is the best hamburger in Tampa, Florida, then Tampa, Florida needs more burger joints.

I went for the first time last week (one just opened in town this month). 9 bucks for a pretty average burger, pedestrian-quality fries (of which there were way too many), and a Coke. :hot:It was only one visit, but I do *not* understand the appeal at this point...
This is in Lincoln, NE, so it's not like I ordered it in Times Square. :( To be fair, I ordered the "Hamburger", which on their menu is actually a double hamburger (which I didn't know at the time) with lettuce, tomato, pickles, grilled onions, mayo, ketchup and mustard. Add a small fry and a large drink, and it was around a 9 dollar tab (with tax).--Most of the toppings fell out and ended up on the tray.--I wouldn't mind "too many" crispy, tasty fries. These fries were greasy, mealy, bland ones. If this is what fries cooked up in peanut oil taste like, color me unimpressed.--The Coke was okay.Overall, it really was fine. But just that--just fine, and not nearly worth the money. Part of my problem might have been that I bought their hype when I walked in--signs all over for "Zagat-Rated", "Voted Best Burger in Tampa", etc. If that is the best hamburger in Tampa, Florida, then Tampa, Florida needs more burger joints.
Yeah. I always order the fries crispy, or they end up being greasy and soggy. In this area, we have crap, so it's good for around here. As far as Tampa is concerned, that's laughable. It's El Cap

I went for the first time last week (one just opened in town this month). 9 bucks for a pretty average burger, pedestrian-quality fries (of which there were way too many), and a Coke. :mellow: It was only one visit, but I do *not* understand the appeal at this point...
I have no problem with the amount of fries except that there were way too many for one person to eat with a burger and they cost like $2.95 for the "small". I'd rather have the option to pay a bit less and get a bit less unless I'm going to split them with someone. For splitting, they're about the right size.Went back to Might Fine the other day since I posted about my trip to Five Guys. Mighty Fine is much better and not quite as pricey. Cleaner place (always immaculate) and better atmosphere as well.

I went for the first time last week (one just opened in town this month). 9 bucks for a pretty average burger, pedestrian-quality fries (of which there were way too many), and a Coke. :mellow:It was only one visit, but I do *not* understand the appeal at this point...
:lmao: :goodposting: :goodposting:
I don't understand it either.I guess if I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, Five Guys would be as good as any place to dump it on.

Go figure. The thing that stood out most to me was how cheap the place was. One regular sized fry could feed 3 or 4, they make decent leftovers with mayo on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread