What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 (1 Viewer)

Predictions in Groups of 4 (just like the placements for next year's SSLs will go):

Group 1

Blue Peep A
BassN'Brew A
Duckboy A-
Jeff Pasquino A-

Group 2

JMills B+/A-
ConstuxBoy B+
Ahrncitypunder B+
Hear-The-Footsteps B+

Group 3

Pictus Cat B/B+
OldMilwaukee B
Jeter B
JMon348 - B/B-

Group 4

DonnyT33 B-
Uruk-Hai B-
Dave Stauff C
5Rings C-It would not surprise me for ANY TEAM to move 1 group in either direction, but I don't see a move of 2 or 3 groups. That is, a Group 1 team will be in the Top 8 almost assuredly, and Group 2 teams can finish anywhere from 1-12.

That's how I see it, folks. Good luck. I had fun - hope you did too.
GRoup 4 lives on!
:cry: Good luck to the rest of Group 4! Lasting 8 weeks was awesome!
:yes: Way to hang in, Rings. I was hoping we'd get three from Group 4 into the top 8 and it was close. Now we'll see if either (or both :o ) Uruk and I can make the top 4. Doesn't look easy, but he's got a great QB tandem in his favor and I've gotten balanced scoring each week up and down my lineup, so we could make it. If only we could wrest immunity from the clutches of Construx Boy :shock:
Bwah-ha-ha!!

Predictions in Groups of 4 (just like the placements for next year's SSLs will go):

Group 1

Blue Peep A
BassN'Brew A
Duckboy A-
Jeff Pasquino A-

Group 2

JMills B+/A-
ConstuxBoy B+
Ahrncitypunder B+
Hear-The-Footsteps B+

Group 3

Pictus Cat B/B+
OldMilwaukee B
Jeter B
JMon348 - B/B-

Group 4

DonnyT33 B-
Uruk-Hai B-
Dave Stauff C
5Rings C-It would not surprise me for ANY TEAM to move 1 group in either direction, but I don't see a move of 2 or 3 groups. That is, a Group 1 team will be in the Top 8 almost assuredly, and Group 2 teams can finish anywhere from 1-12.

GRoup 4 lives on!
:cry: Good luck to the rest of Group 4! Lasting 8 weeks was awesome!
:yes: Way to hang in, Rings. I was hoping we'd get three from Group 4 into the top 8 and it was close. Now we'll see if either (or both :o ) Uruk and I can make the top 4. Doesn't look easy, but he's got a great QB tandem in his favor and I've gotten balanced scoring each week up and down my lineup, so we could make it. If only we could wrest immunity from the clutches of Construx Boy :shock:
Count me as one less team standing in your way. It looks like I am on borrowed time in this league with only Bledsoe and Simms at QB, unless Romo reverts back to his Monday night performance or Simms has a miracle recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
CB has to be the heavy favorite.. Like you guys, I've been doing it with smoke and mirrors without Shaun Alexander.. And everyone loved the Martin pick at the time :cry:

I've been predicting my own demise for weeks, I think it may be good luck. :banned:

(Blue Peep)

Great news...after trailing DonnyT in the total points portion of our wager for most of the season, I'm now ahead of him. I wonder if he'll ever get tired of being owned by BnB...hopefully not as I'll enjoy his cash. :banned:

Anybody remember how long the immunity piece continues? I was thinking I read somewhere that it went away at some point before the end of the season, but I can't remember when. Looks like I might have a shot at it for next week and I'm just hoping it's still functional . . .

Dave Stauff said:
Anybody remember how long the immunity piece continues? I was thinking I read somewhere that it went away at some point before the end of the season, but I can't remember when. Looks like I might have a shot at it for next week and I'm just hoping it's still functional . . .
Week 12 will be the last immunity. The winner of it will be in the final 3. Week 13 is the last single week booting.Week 14/Week 15 are combined, lowest is out.Week 16/Week 17 are combined into essentially a championship game. High score wins.

How about the ladder advancement? I read the one thread I could find, but couldn't quite figure out what had been decided.

Some team positions isolated due to byes

Week 1 Duckboy

Week 2 Hear the Footsteps

Weaker 3 Old Milwaukee

Construx RBs Gore v PHI & Fisher v ARZ

Jeter RBs Bensen v MIN & Addai v JAX

Stauff K…0

BnB QB Grossman v MIN

Duckboy RB Pittman v CAR & G Jones v IND

Jmills QB Simms v CAR

Weaker 4 Donny T

Construx WR DJax v @ CHI, Ma Clayton v SD, Henry v NE

Stauff RB Lewis v Green

Ahrn WR A. Bryant v Oak, Stokley v NYJ, White v ARZ, Davis v CIN

onnyT No D

JMills TE Pope v Atl

Uruk RB Dillon v CIN, TJ Duck v ARZ

Hear RB McGah v MIN, Not the NYJ starters v IND + 1qb & 2 wr less

Weaker 5 Arn City Pounder

Arn RB JJones v PHI, Bryson Min

BnB K…0

OM QB Griese v BUF, TE Royal v CHIDonnieT WR Coles v JAX, Battle v OAK, Mr zippy

Pictus WR Holt v GB, Berrian v BUF, Chad Jackson v MIA

JMills RB Droughns v CAR, Gado v STL, Calhoun v MIN

Then week 6 & 7 looms

Looking forward to my turn at the whipping post for my free education

Weaker 6 Jeff P

Ahrn WR Rod Smith v CLE, Antonio Bryant v DEN, Roddy White v NYG

Jeff QB E Manning v ATL, RB S. Jackson v SEA, Staley v KC, Cobbs v OAK WR Fitz v CHI, Gabriel v DEN, Gaffney v NO, Givens v WAS

OM RB Edge v Chi, Barlow v SD

Ugliest Week of SSL4 Award goes to

JMon QB Rivers v SF, Leinert v Chi,

RB KJones v BUF, McCallister v PHI, DeAng Williams v Bal

WR Porter v DEN, Roy Williams v BUF WR3 Mr. Zippy

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7 Bass

BnB RB C. Williams v PHI, C. Perry v CAR, TE S. Alexander v CLE

Duck K…0, TE LJ Smith v TB

Jeff RB F Taylor v Hou, Staley v ATL, Cobbs v the dawg pound

Pictus RB Westbrook v TB, Jacobs v DAL, M. Morris v MIN, WR Houshman v CAR, Engram v MIN, Chad Jackson v BUF

HTF TE…0

Since I'm ranked to go out about week 8

Weaker 8 5 Rings

5 Ring QB Carr @ TEN, Ramsey @ CLE, RB 1& 2 Morency @ TEN, White v HOU, Bush v BAL, TE Byrd @ SD, DEF GB V ARZ

Duckboy Missing 1/2QB & 3/6 WR

JMon RB1 off, No D

Jeter K 0

Hoping to survive until it gets ugly. With my low expectations and draft mishaps, nobody wants to be out before me. Hoping to make it at least half way...

Weaker 9 Pictus Cat

Blue Peep RB2 Rhodes @ NE or Drew v TEN

Duckboy TE Kinney @ JAX

OM DEF Stl v KC, RB1 James off

Donny QB Boller/McNair v CIN

Pictus RB C. Brown @ JAX, Holmes v SEA, Jacobs v HOU, M Morris v KC

JMills DEF NO v TB

HTF RB2 Bell v PIT WR1 Smith off

This only points out teams that are weaker than they normally are due to byes limiting their personnel.

Not a statement, just curious.
Broke my Bernard...and he was still my WR3. :) Good luck to the rest of you.

Group 1

Blue Peep A
BassN'Brew A
Duckboy A-
Jeff Pasquino A-

Group 2

JMills B+/A-
ConstuxBoy B+
Ahrncitypunder B+
Hear-The-Footsteps B+

Group 3

Pictus Cat B/B+
OldMilwaukee B
Jeter B
JMon348 - B/B-

Group 4

DonnyT33 B-
Uruk-Hai B-
Dave Stauff C

This is getting good. :yes:

:P Yes, I am proud to represent Group 4 in the Final Four - though I am sorry to do it at the expense of Uruk. And I appear to be a bit out-gunned by my opposition at this point, but sometimes the best team doesn't win . . . I'm really just delighted to get this far - does this mean I'm in SSL1 next year (haven't ever done this before and really not sure)?

Did you notice that the final four teams all had draft picks in the top five? Only 5Rings (Portis) dropped by the wayside. Amazing that Blue Peep made it this far, but with Alexander back on his game anything could happen now. Good luck to all . . .

:P Yes, I am proud to represent Group 4 in the Final Four - though I am sorry to do it at the expense of Uruk. And I appear to be a bit out-gunned by my opposition at this point, but sometimes the best team doesn't win . . . I'm really just delighted to get this far - does this mean I'm in SSL1 next year (haven't ever done this before and really not sure)?Did you notice that the final four teams all had draft picks in the top five? Only 5Rings (Portis) dropped by the wayside. Amazing that Blue Peep made it this far, but with Alexander back on his game anything could happen now. Good luck to all . . .
My overall points were pretty good, but it only takes one bad week & I was due. Good luck to the remaining four :banned:

Great news...after trailing DonnyT in the total points portion of our wager for most of the season, I'm now ahead of him. I wonder if he'll ever get tired of being owned by BnB...hopefully not as I'll enjoy his cash. :banned:
Anyone seen DonnyT??? I'm starting to pull away in the total points portion of our wager.

:P Yes, I am proud to represent Group 4 in the Final Four - though I am sorry to do it at the expense of Uruk. And I appear to be a bit out-gunned by my opposition at this point, but sometimes the best team doesn't win . . . I'm really just delighted to get this far - does this mean I'm in SSL1 next year (haven't ever done this before and really not sure)?Did you notice that the final four teams all had draft picks in the top five? Only 5Rings (Portis) dropped by the wayside. Amazing that Blue Peep made it this far, but with Alexander back on his game anything could happen now. Good luck to all . . .
Glad to have Alexander back!!!!That much discussed Drew Jones pick saved my tail.Only the top 3 go to SSL1... So, this is a big week.. I wish CB had the immunity. (Peep)

Glad to have Alexander back!!!!That much discussed Drew Jones pick saved my tail.Only the top 3 go to SSL1... So, this is a big week.. I wish CB had the immunity. (Peep)
I do too! :-)

Yo Donny....

BnB 1708

DonnyT 1579

I hate to say I told you so (actually in this case I don't), but your drafting strategy sucked. Once again you have been oVVned by most of the FBG board and limp home with another inferior performance.

When can I expect my $50???

Users who are viewing this thread