What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (2 Viewers)

People, please: NO VERBS. VERBS ARE NOT NAMES.
Doug, Barry, Chuck, Mark, Phil, Lance, Rob, Carrie, Bill, Mary, Will, Neal, Don are all no good then?
THAT IS CORRECT!
Actually, those are mostly good.Imperative verbs that don't require an object are bad. Most of those are either not imperatives or don't work without an object.
Do you ever take a day off?
I took a day off yesterday. Why?
Just looking after you. :thumbup:
Sweet. I'll be taking another day off on the 17th of July, then probably a couple more days in August sometime, then quitting at the end of the summer. That sound good?

Am I the only one who finds it odd to name your child after the city you live in?

I moved to Austin and have heard a few times parents calling for their child "Austin"

Same thing with Dallas.
How do you know who the child was named after?
Don't. Odd that you would live in Austin and name your kid Austin, regardless of where it came from.Hi, my name is New York and I live in New York. :bye:

Am I the only one who finds it odd to name your child after the city you live in?

I moved to Austin and have heard a few times parents calling for their child "Austin"

Same thing with Dallas.
How do you know who the child was named after?
That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter why you give the kid the same name as the city you live in, but it's something you do consciously.
It is absolutely relevant. He stated the kids were named after the city. He cannot possibly know if the kids were born in that city or if it is coincidence that they now reside there.
I played baseball with a kid named Austin. Then went to college with his sister, Houston. Troof.
And someone I knew in college who was from Colorado and his name was Denver.

Same thing with Dallas.
Madison :X
Are you kidding? It's been the #1 girls name for a few years now. VERY common.

People, please:  NO VERBS.  VERBS ARE NOT NAMES.
Doug, Barry, Chuck, Mark, Phil, Lance, Rob, Carrie, Bill, Mary, Will, Neal, Don are all no good then?
:thumbdown: my middle AND last names are represented within this list. Yes, my name can be a proper sentance wth appropriate punctuation. :bag:

Same thing with Dallas.
Madison :X
Are you kidding? It's been the #1 girls name for a few years now. VERY common.
Yet it doesn't make sense.
I like it. :shrug:
Cool. I'm not sure I could give my daughter a "son" name without feeling funny about it for the rest of my life.
I never noticed that until you pointed it out. You're a very wise man, TannerBoyle.

Our daughter is Gabrielle and our next daughter is prolly going to be Sophia or Natalie.

I notice that names tend to be trendy though.  Not a whole lot of Ethel or Bertha out there.  Or take my grandparents...

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

I don't know one kid named any of those names, but they were quite popular 70 years ago.
Grandparents' names are sweet! Mine (as spelled on BC):

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Needless to say, none of my children will have "family" names from that era.
Caryl Earl (pronounced Karl)Edwina May

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo

Our daughter is Gabrielle and our next daughter is prolly going to be Sophia or Natalie.

I notice that names tend to be trendy though.  Not a whole lot of Ethel or Bertha out there.  Or take my grandparents...

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

I don't know one kid named any of those names, but they were quite popular 70 years ago.

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
Eunice (my oldest daughters middle name)Phillip

Alice

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Lowell Hayden (aka "Chub")

Vina Mae (yep!)

I notice that names tend to be trendy though. Not a whole lot of Ethel or Bertha out there. Or take my grandparents...

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
Eunice (my oldest daughters middle name)Phillip

Alice

John
JohnAntoinette

Albert

Cecilia

Beth

Lynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
I thought of Lowell for my son but there is a town here in MA named Lowell that aint the the type of town you would name someone after. Always liked Beth too :thumbup:

Beth

Lynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
I thought of Lowell for my son but there is a town here in MA named Lowell that aint the the type of town you would name someone after. Always liked Beth too :thumbup:
:hifive: Try Vina Mae for a girl. Never ever heard it before, other than my grandmother.

Beth

Lynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
:hifive: Try Vina Mae for a girl. Never ever heard it before, other than my grandmother.
My MIL's name is Edrie, everyone calls her Eddie :shrug:

For some reason around here Blaze is a hot name. There are at least 3-4 boys with that name, and this town isn't that big. WTF? Sounds like an American Gladiator name. I am currently pushing the wife for Nitro if our 1st born is a boy, just to join in on the fun. :banned:

For some reason around here Blaze is a hot name. There are at least 3-4 boys with that name, and this town isn't that big. WTF? Sounds like an American Gladiator name. I am currently pushing the wife for Nitro if our 1st born is a boy, just to join in on the fun. :banned:
Blaze Pascal was awesome at the joust.

I notice that names tend to be trendy though. Not a whole lot of Ethel or Bertha out there. Or take my grandparents...

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
geraldfredonna

clarence (inexplicably known as "pete")

jane

my wife's grandmother was named "flossie mae"

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
geraldfredonna

jane

:thumbup: Quality. Especially ol' Flossie.

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
geraldfredonna

jane

her mother let her 2 older sisters name her. if my mom had let me do that, my sister would probably be named "optimus prime ####wagon"

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
geraldfredonna

jane

her mother let her 2 older sisters name her. if my mom had let me do that, my sister would probably be named "optimus prime ####wagon"
That is officially in the running for my first born's name. Your name, not Flossie.

If you are going to name your child "Blaze" why go half ### about it? Why not call your child "### fire" instead or "Pissing fire".

Guess I need a ruling on my name: Buckner. As a first name. And not named after Bill.
Is your last name Cook?I knew a guy name Buckner Cook in Abilene, Texas when I was little. He was a great friend of mine but we usually removed the "B" in his name and replaced it with an "F".

Guess I need a ruling on my name: Buckner. As a first name. And not named after Bill.
Is your last name Cook?I knew a guy name Buckner Cook in Abilene, Texas when I was little. He was a great friend of mine but we usually removed the "B" in his name and replaced it with an "F".
Nope, but that's only the 2nd other person in my life I've ever heard of with Buckner as their first name. He and I might be distantly related. :mellow:

Haven't looked at the whole thread but I once knew a girl named Seabird. She was a little :crazy: but very attractive.

My dad's mom (Bessie) had three sisters - Ginny, Bunkie, and Emma Lou. All of 'em teetotalin' Bible-thumpin' Southern Baptists. All lived to be 90+, and outlived their husbands by at least 40 years. (Me, age 8: "Why did they all die so young?" Dad: "They wanted to."

For whatever reason, I get more annoyed with the people that think they are being clever by spelling the kids' name a ####ed up way. If you want name the kid Moonbeam, so be it, but don't change Fred to Phread and think you are clever. JMO.

For whatever reason, I get more annoyed with the people that think they are being clever by spelling the kids' name a ####ed up way. If you want name the kid Moonbeam, so be it, but don't change Fred to Phread and think you are clever. JMO.
Hey, Patrique.

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
Three Grammas?!?

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
geraldfredonna

jane

Maybe he's, um, endowed.

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
Three Grammas?!?
Besmirch the name of my late grandfather again and I'll find you and make your son a *******.

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
Three Grammas?!?
Besmirch the name of my late grandfather again and I'll find you and make your son a *******.
No offense, man.I had a great-grandfather named Francis Marion (yes, after the Swamp Fox). His wife's name was Eunice.

Albert

Elroy

Corrine

Doris

Helen

Wilfred

Melva

Jimmy

Lester Berlin

Betty Jo
EunicePhillip

Alice

John
BethLynn

Vina Mae (yep!)
Three Grammas?!?
No offense, man.I had a great-grandfather named Francis Marion (yes, after the Swamp Fox). His wife's name was Eunice.
Okay. We're cool, then. Can I come over tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread