What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TLSL "The Last Survivor League" (3 Viewers)

Nice pick there Jeff, Gore should atleast put up 1000/7 and 200/1, which is good value at that spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
gocats said:
Nice pick there Jeff, Gore should atleast put up 1000/7 and 200/1, which is good value at that spot.
Thanks.I hate Round 3. So many different directions I can go.Gore was a good value there, and with the risk I took (albeit limited) with Portis, this is semi-insurance.

I've heard several state they'd like 1 more survivor league to draft after some pre-season games. Well this is it. Same rules as usual excpet for 1 important difference:There will be a 4 hour timer. Player Scoring: 2 pt per reception (TE)
So what's the deal on the 4 hour timer? Obviously it's suspended overnight, but between what hours?Also, why is 2 ppr TE same rules as usual? Just curious.

I've heard several state they'd like 1 more survivor league to draft after some pre-season games. Well this is it. Same rules as usual excpet for 1 important difference:There will be a 4 hour timer. Player Scoring: 2 pt per reception (TE)
So what's the deal on the 4 hour timer? Obviously it's suspended overnight, but between what hours?Also, why is 2 ppr TE same rules as usual? Just curious.
SSL rules are 2 PPR for TEs, so that's "usual" for MB Survivor.

IIRC, clock is off Midnight to 8AM Eastern (a.k.a. "Real Time").

IIRC, clock is off Midnight to 8AM Eastern (a.k.a. "Real Time").
So Radballs was on the running clock for 6 hours?

Okay, what's SSL? :D Btw, I'm not complaining about the rules or the clock. Just want to have a good understanding of how "serious" we take the clock, and "why" these rules.

Okay, what's SSL? :D Btw, I'm not complaining about the rules or the clock. Just want to have a good understanding of how "serious" we take the clock, and "why" these rules.
SSL = Spring Survivor League, we add the points for receptions because it helps balance out the scoring so that RBs are less dominate

:confused: 1.15 15 BassNBrew Johnson, Chad CIN WR Mon Aug 28 6:43:47 a.m. PT 2006

1.16 16 Radballs Jones, Kevin DET RB Mon Aug 28 10:33:25 a.m. PT 2006

3 hours and 50 minutes here.

3.15 47 BassNBrew Taylor, Fred JAC RB Tue Aug 29 5:59:53 a.m. PT 2006

3.16 48 Radballs Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Tue Aug 29 8:04:27 a.m. PT 2006

2 hours and 5 minutes here.

I haven't timed out yet as far as I can tell. I am on the west coast so if the clock hits me in the morning, I won't be making any picks before 8 AM PDT. Tough to predraft both picks as well being on the end of the snake.

:confused: 1.15 15 BassNBrew Johnson, Chad CIN WR Mon Aug 28 6:43:47 a.m. PT 2006

1.16 16 Radballs Jones, Kevin DET RB Mon Aug 28 10:33:25 a.m. PT 2006

3 hours and 50 minutes here.

3.15 47 BassNBrew Taylor, Fred JAC RB Tue Aug 29 5:59:53 a.m. PT 2006

3.16 48 Radballs Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Tue Aug 29 8:04:27 a.m. PT 2006

2 hours and 5 minutes here.

I haven't timed out yet as far as I can tell. I am on the west coast so if the clock hits me in the morning, I won't be making any picks before 8 AM PDT. Tough to predraft both picks as well being on the end of the snake.
My bad, sorry. I thought BnB picked last night at 9:oo est. I am so impatient, it's just ridiculous. On pins and needles for this next pick. :excited:

And sheesh, Terry Glenn has moved up draft boards. :(

Clearly, I knew some players I would have liked were not going to make it all the way back to me with 16 teams in this format, but I have one "survivor" in my queue, and I really want him. I was fairly confident I would get Glenn though.

And sheesh, Terry Glenn has moved up draft boards. :( Clearly, I knew some players I would have liked were not going to make it all the way back to me with 16 teams in this format, but I have one "survivor" in my queue, and I really want him. I was fairly confident I would get Glenn though.
the tough thing is...he was about the 6th or 7th on my pre-pick list I put in about 9 picks before my turn!

Just to clarify the clock questions, we are running a 4 hour clock because we do not have the luxury of allowing this draft to drag on or we'll be into the season. So the 4 hour rule was set to help move the draft along. The penaly for missing a pick is that you will have to wait until the end of the draft to make a missed pick. So the incentive to be on time is there.

We seem to be moving along pretty good. My goal was to be through round 5 today and we might make most of round 6. So we are doing a great job so far and I encourage everyone to maintain our pace so we will finish before the holiday.

"You can do it" in my best "Tony The Trainer" voice. (I think that's his name)

weasel and I with very similair teams so far

wease - LT-RoyWilliams-TO-CBenson-TJones

fid - LJ-CChambers-DDriver-CDillon-LMaroney

I got Ben Watson in the 4th round!? :confused:

neenerneener...
When did you think he was going to go? I'm seeing his ADP significantly later... Branch will show up and Watson's numbers will be good, not great.
His ADP doesn't reflect 2 ppr. I've been taking Watson in relation to other TEs, not his ADP. I'm one of "those guys" with him in the top 5 and that's regardless of Branch as far as I'm concerned. Tom Casale, Pats beat writer I trust, has been saying Ben would open a can of whoop on the league since the earliest OTAs and long before Branch's situation devolved to this.

ffweasel is an fnweasel
Leave him alone - he just forgot who the other Bears RB is...
:lmao: Nah, I just kept going back and forth and finally decided that I needed to secure my RB2 in case Jones doesn't end up getting the start. I really had my eye on 2 other players at that spot though that I know have no shot at making it back to me.
I hate the 4th because of that very thing: I sat there looking at three players trying to decide which I wanted and which two I was giving up by the time my 5th came around. It's easy to get good talent in the first three rounds, but after that you're making sacrifices. Palmer looked too good last night for me to pass up - he could be Manning three rounds later (IMO).

weasel and I with very similair teams so farwease - LT-RoyWilliams-TO-CBenson-TJonesfid - LJ-CChambers-DDriver-CDillon-LMaroney
I noticed that a round ago... and funny thing is that if you had passed on Dillon, he and Maroney would have been on my team. :thumbup:

Made my 5th pick.

I have a draft tonight (local league, 10 teams, keeper, 1/2 guppies), so I won't be around.

I will check back afterward, like 11-12ish Eastern.

gllll peas.

JEeeeeeez....

I only brought about 30 or so names with me to work, and every one is gone now. Wouldn't be a big deal except that it looks like I'll be picking again in just an hour or two at this pace! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread