What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it time to impeach the President? (1 Viewer)

Time to act?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LHUCKS

Footballguy
Both of my Senators and my Representative will be getting phone calls tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure which was more predictable, but points to Nortobc for carrying over into cartoon-character level partisanship.

Anybody who saw this speech has got to be completely freaked out...we need to get the hell out of there ASAP, we can't police the entire f'ing region, it just can't be done...not without a draft.

Do you want your sons and daugthers drafted into war?

Anybody who saw this speech has got to be completely freaked out...we need to get the hell out of there ASAP, we can't police the entire f'ing region, it just can't be done...not without a draft.Do you want your sons and daugthers drafted into war?
Hopefully, I'll have lost enough weight to join the Navy under my own terms by then.

Anybody who saw this speech has got to be completely freaked out...we need to get the hell out of there ASAP, we can't police the entire f'ing region, it just can't be done...not without a draft.Do you want your sons and daugthers drafted into war?
How many troops do you think it'll take to stabilize Iraq? How many American and how many Iraqi? Why do you think this?

There will not be a draft.

I didn't say there would be...my opinion is that you can't police half the middle east without a draft, that doesn't mean there will be a draft. The American people would never stand for it.Bush is a f'ing lunatic.

I don't think we have anything to worry about until we invade Iran or Syria.

How many troops do you think it'll take to stabilize Iraq? How many American and how many Iraqi? Why do you think this?
If we can't hold down Baghdad with what we have over there now, I really don't think 20K troops is going to make a difference...I'm not the only one that believes this. Colin Powell and several congressmen and military leaders believe it is futile. This is a civil war that we cannot stop...this civil war has been occuring far before America was even a country. The Official Democratic Response said "20K extra soldiers will not fix Iraq." This is the EXACT truth.It's time for every American with a conscience to call their Senators and Representative and voice their opinions.

Senator Obama on Larry King: "We cannot impose a military solution"

"we will do everything in congress to make sure we do not compound the problem"

BINGO

Anybody who saw this speech has got to be completely freaked out...we need to get the hell out of there ASAP, we can't police the entire f'ing region, it just can't be done...not without a draft.

If we can't hold down Baghdad with what we have over there now, I really don't think 20K troops is going to make a difference...I'm not the only one that believes this. Colin Powell and several congressmen and military leaders believe it is futile. This is a civil war that we cannot stop...this civil war has been occuring far before America was even a country.

The Official Democratic Response said "20K extra soldiers will not fix Iraq." This is the EXACT truth.

It's time for every American with a conscious to call their Senators and Representative and voice their opinions.
What basis do you have for this -- other than an opinion based on words from Powell and the Dems. Are there reasons for these opinions?You forgot to mention that not only are there going to be more troops on the ground, the rules of engagement are supposed to change also.

So again the question -- do you have any basis for saying this strategy won't work? Because it appears the generals on the ground support more troops.

"I hate the President" is not an impeachable offense.

1. Pull the imbedded media

2. Take off the gloves

3. Kill everything that needs to be killed

4. Get the job done

Senator Edwards: "The President is making a profound mistake...the political solution is the only solution."

"I hate the President" is not an impeachable offense.1. Pull the imbedded media2. Take off the gloves3. Kill everything that needs to be killed4. Get the job done
Jeez- good thing that murderer Saddam was taken out of the equation... :popcorn:

It's time for every American with a conscious to call their Senators and Representative and voice their opinions.
I am utterly confused by this statement. Are you suggesting that everyone with a CONSCIENCE call their congresspeople, or are you suggesting that anyone who is CONSCIOUS should call their congresspeople? :thumbdown:

It is what it is said:
I have a serious question...

Say that George W Bush's fathers ties to the CIA (George H Bush - former head of CIA in 80's) have influenced our Iraq policy due to this...

The CIA realizes that our countries ability to maintain an oil supply is only realized by our Military presence in the Middle East...if we leave the Middle East, we risk losing access to Middle Eastern oil. And IF we lose access to the oil, our economy and country will collapse completely.

Would this scenario change anyone's views on our current Military presence in the Middle East?
Oh how about this scenario:While HW Bush was in charge of the CIA he heard a rumor that the Holy Grail was hidden somewhere in Iraq. He lusted after the Grail and wanted to have it. He tried unsuccessfully during the Iran-Iraq war to locate it and he followed the UN and did not go into Iraq after Desert Storm. While the years passed, he never forgot the Grail.

During the 2000 election, HW Bush bribed the Flordia Supreme Court to put his son in office. They did and when the time was right, HW asked GWB to invade Iraq and try to find the Grail. The reason they are adding the 20k troops because they haven't found it yet and need to cover more ground.

Would this scenario change anyone's views on our current Military presence in the Middle East?

:thumbdown:

It is what it is said:

Say that George W Bush's fathers ties to the CIA (George H Bush - former head of CIA in 80's) have influenced our Iraq policy due to this...

The CIA realizes that our countries ability to maintain an oil supply is only realized by our Military presence in the Middle East...if we leave the Middle East, we risk losing access to Middle Eastern oil. And IF we lose access to the oil, our economy and country will collapse completely.

Oh how about this scenario:While HW Bush was in charge of the CIA he heard a rumor that the Holy Grail was hidden somewhere in Iraq. He lusted after the Grail and wanted to have it. He tried unsuccessfully during the Iran-Iraq war to locate it and he followed the UN and did not go into Iraq after Desert Storm. While the years passed, he never forgot the Grail.

During the 2000 election, HW Bush bribed the Flordia Supreme Court to put his son in office. They did and when the time was right, HW asked GWB to invade Iraq and try to find the Grail. The reason they are adding the 20k troops because they haven't found it yet and need to cover more ground.

:thumbdown:
It would make more sense.

I am utterly confused by this statement. Are you suggesting that everyone with a CONSCIENCE call their congresspeople, or are you suggesting that anyone who is CONSCIOUS should call their congresspeople? :bye:
:thumbdown: It was obvious conscience was the right word there.

I am utterly confused by this statement. Are you suggesting that everyone with a CONSCIENCE call their congresspeople, or are you suggesting that anyone who is CONSCIOUS should call their congresspeople? :shrug:
:yes: It was obvious conscience was the right word there.
Sorry about that. Is it too much to ask that someone asking us to impeach the president not SOUND LIKE the President? :lmao:

Senator's secretary(Grace): :usesbuzzer: Sir it's that Mr. LHucks again, he won't stop calling.Senator: :yes: Ok patch him through. Hello Mr. LHucks, what can I do for you this time?LHucks: GWB is a disgrace, look what he is doing now! We have to stop him Senator!Senator: Mr. LHucks, please calm down sir. Take several deep breaths. LHucks: :startstohyperventilate: He... Must... Be... Stopped... :faints:Senator: Mr. LHucks, Mr. LHucks, are you still there? :sighs: :usesbuzzer: Grace, call the paramedics.Grace: Hello paramedics, it's Grace from the Senator's office, Mr. LHucks passed out again.

Diplomacy needs to take front stage in our war against terrorism, and this means engaging syria and iran.

But impeachment is just a bad idea, IMO. The dude was voted in by the American people, let the American people deal with the consequences.

It is what it is said:

There is a lot wrong with the information in this post.

Senator's secretary(Grace): :usesbuzzer: Sir it's that Mr. LHucks again, he won't stop calling.Senator: :thumbup: Ok patch him through. Hello Mr. LHucks, what can I do for you this time?LHucks: GWB is a disgrace, look what he is doing now! We have to stop him Senator!Senator: Mr. LHucks, please calm down sir. Take several deep breaths. LHucks: :startstohyperventilate: He... Must... Be... Stopped... :faints:Senator: Mr. LHucks, Mr. LHucks, are you still there? :sighs: :usesbuzzer: Grace, call the paramedics.Grace: Hello paramedics, it's Grace from the Senator's office, Mr. LHucks passed out again.
:lmao:

Diplomacy needs to take front stage in our war against terrorism, and this means engaging syria and iran.
This worked great with Hitler. Looks like two administrations have done a bang-up job with N. Korea, and countless administrations have completley come to terms with Syria; thank the gods, or thank whatever we hold sacred, Jimmy Carter was able to get Egypt to jump "in-line". Or is Egypt really a peaceful nation, given their inability to control the brotherhood? Without believing in the principles of Liberty, just how does one negotiate with thug regimes like Syria, Iran, etc...who loathe liberty? Throw me a bone here, because if the answer was so simple, no matter how crass our elected officials are, it would already be implemented.

Senator's secretary(Grace): :usesbuzzer: Sir it's that Mr. LHucks again, he won't stop calling.Senator: :thumbup: Ok patch him through. Hello Mr. LHucks, what can I do for you this time?LHucks: GWB is a disgrace, look what he is doing now! We have to stop him Senator!Senator: Mr. LHucks, please calm down sir. Take several deep breaths. LHucks: :startstohyperventilate: He... Must... Be... Stopped... :faints:Senator: Mr. LHucks, Mr. LHucks, are you still there? :sighs: :usesbuzzer: Grace, call the paramedics.Grace: Hello paramedics, it's Grace from the Senator's office, Mr. LHucks passed out again.
I think it would actually go a bit like this, considering it will be Thursday morning.LHucks: Hi, I'd like to speak to Senator So-and-so.Grace: I'm sorry sir, he's already left for the weekend. Can I take a message for him?Lhucks: Ummm, well when will he be back? I really need to talk to him.Grace: Well sir, he usually makes it back by Tuesday afternoon. Would you like to try back then?

Bush LHUCKS is a f'ing lunatic. on Ignore.
fixed
fixed again.
LHUCKS is a bored :thumbup: man who has nothing better to do in life but try and rile up the FFA. Once you catch onto that fact these threads become :lmao: :loco: :shrug: :lmao:

Oh how about this scenario:While HW Bush was in charge of the CIA he heard a rumor that the Holy Grail was hidden somewhere in Iraq. He lusted after the Grail and wanted to have it. He tried unsuccessfully during the Iran-Iraq war to locate it and he followed the UN and did not go into Iraq after Desert Storm. While the years passed, he never forgot the Grail. During the 2000 election, HW Bush bribed the Flordia Supreme Court to put his son in office. They did and when the time was right, HW asked GWB to invade Iraq and try to find the Grail. The reason they are adding the 20k troops because they haven't found it yet and need to cover more ground.Would this scenario change anyone's views on our current Military presence in the Middle East? :thumbup:
How did you get the script for the new Indiana Jones movie?

:shrug: Don't we impeach people for lying, breaking the law, etc etc?? We don't impeach them because we disagree with their political views. Had to vote no here, as he's not breaking the law.

On a side note: This has to be passed by the rest of Congress also. If it's approved by them, will you want to impeach all of them also? Just wondering.

:shrug: Don't we impeach people for lying, breaking the law, etc etc?? We don't impeach them because we disagree with their political views. Had to vote no here, as he's not breaking the law. On a side note: This has to be passed by the rest of Congress also. If it's approved by them, will you want to impeach all of them also? Just wondering.
You have a point.What about international laws?

:confused: Don't we impeach people for lying, breaking the law, etc etc?? We don't impeach them because we disagree with their political views. Had to vote no here, as he's not breaking the law. On a side note: This has to be passed by the rest of Congress also. If it's approved by them, will you want to impeach all of them also? Just wondering.
:shrug: Have no idea SJ. I am no politician. Can't stand politics really, but the threads in the FFA are always entertaining.

It really appears to me that Bush is going "all in" with this last strategy, if sending troops in does not work then he is in really dip do do. I think he knows this, if you just look at him he looks shot to heck.

But impeachment is just a bad idea, IMO. The dude was voted in by the American people, let the American people deal with the consequences.
:confused: Popular vote down?

:shrug:

:confused: Don't we impeach people for lying, breaking the law, etc etc?? We don't impeach them because we disagree with their political views. Had to vote no here, as he's not breaking the law.

On a side note: This has to be passed by the rest of Congress also. If it's approved by them, will you want to impeach all of them also? Just wondering.
:shrug: Have no idea SJ. I am no politician. Can't stand politics really, but the threads in the FFA are always entertaining.
You and I are on the same side on this one.

"I hate the President" is not an impeachable offense.1. Pull the imbedded media2. Take off the gloves3. Kill everything that needs to be killed4. Get the job done
This is one damn :confused: We need to start treating this like a war. The media is the US Military's worst enemy.

I have a question about this war that I don't understand.

When politician give us a reason why we should still be at war and continue to fight, they love to mention how we are fighting for the Iraqi people and that if we leave now that thousands and thousands of people will be left defenseless. But the overwhelming majority of people who live in Iraq practice Islam, a religon that these same politicians tell us is immoral and invalid and the leading cause for terroism that brought us there to begin with. Now you got some wacko conservative saying that we shouldn't even allow these people in the US anymore.

So we are a fighting a war to protect people that most of the politicians who support the war have a general distain or hatred for because of their beliefs. Doesn't make sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread