What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO - Song of Ice&Fire Series -Varsity Thread - no TV only whiners (6 Viewers)

I watched the episode again at lunch today, and noticed a couple little things I didn't notice the first time (because I was drunk and/or tired).

like, when Ser Rodrick(?) comes in to tell Bran that the other town is under attack, and Bran tells him to take the men to defend it, there's some creepy guy milling around in the shadows kind of listening in. I figure they wouldn't show that if it wasn't important. maybe a Greyjoy plant?

and also how bad*ss Ghost looks while standing on the hill watching the night watch guys set up camp in the snow. he looks huge!
just noticed this while watching right now. Good stuff.
The person with long hair? Isn't that just Osha?Also, I wonder what is up with the Khaleesi's two lady servants, there was some serious tension between them last episode. Is the hot one going to try and steal a dragon or screw Khaleesi over in some way?
on further review, ya, looks like it is just Osha. Weird shot.44 minute mark, roughly.

I watched the episode again at lunch today, and noticed a couple little things I didn't notice the first time (because I was drunk and/or tired).

like, when Ser Rodrick(?) comes in to tell Bran that the other town is under attack, and Bran tells him to take the men to defend it, there's some creepy guy milling around in the shadows kind of listening in. I figure they wouldn't show that if it wasn't important. maybe a Greyjoy plant?

and also how bad*ss Ghost looks while standing on the hill watching the night watch guys set up camp in the snow. he looks huge!
just noticed this while watching right now. Good stuff.
The person with long hair? Isn't that just Osha?Also, I wonder what is up with the Khaleesi's two lady servants, there was some serious tension between them last episode. Is the hot one going to try and steal a dragon or screw Khaleesi over in some way?
on further review, ya, looks like it is just Osha. Weird shot.44 minute mark, roughly.
Yeah, she generally looks creepy...although maybe not so tonight

For the Lot of you who grew up playing the Legand of Zelda..... Seperated at birth Ganon and Tywin Lannister. In fact if they made a legand of Zelda Movie I can't see anyone else playing the part.
Agreed.
I rewathced the second season to date over the weekend.... EVERY time I see Tywin on a horse the very first thing I think of is Ganon. Nintendo should reach out.

For the Lot of you who grew up playing the Legand of Zelda..... Seperated at birth Ganon and Tywin Lannister. In fact if they made a legand of Zelda Movie I can't see anyone else playing the part.
Agreed.
I rewathced the second season to date over the weekend.... EVERY time I see Tywin on a horse the very first thing I think of is Ganon. Nintendo should reach out.
And everytime I watch "your highness" I think - why did Tywin take such a lame role in that movie

Thought the episode was great until the end. Quarth is annoying me.

Maybe we will see the Bolton *******? I thought he wasnt cast this season.

No Lollys Stokeworth in that riot. I'm digging the departure from the books, adds a nice bit of characterization to some people I despised in the novels, like Tywin. The dragon theft scene must have to do with the House of the Undying. The Ygritte bump and grind scene never happens in the books.

No Lollys Stokeworth in that riot. I'm digging the departure from the books, adds a nice bit of characterization to some people I despised in the novels, like Tywin. The dragon theft scene must have to do with the House of the Undying. The Ygritte bump and grind scene never happens in the books.
Tywin is a great character, I love that he has had more more time this season. I see a lot of Tywin in Tyrion.

As great as Tyrion always is, I thought his scene after the riot with Joffrey was his best of the series. The verbal-beatdown he laid on him was fantastic. So so gratifying to see Joffrey get dismantled like that. That whole sequence was tremendous.

I literally started clapping when Arya's assassin managed to take out that dude before he got to Tywin. The look on his face when she screamed NOW was hilarious, the quick cut to the dude slumping down in front of Tywin was great. And I would watch a show entirely devoted to Arya and Twyin. Every one of their scenes has been terrific.

As great as Tyrion always is, I thought his scene after the riot with Joffrey was his best of the series. The verbal-beatdown he laid on him was fantastic. So so gratifying to see Joffrey get dismantled like that. That whole sequence was tremendous.

I literally started clapping when Arya's assassin managed to take out that dude before he got to Tywin. The look on his face when she screamed NOW was hilarious, the quick cut to the dude slumping down in front of Tywin was great. And I would watch a show entirely devoted to Arya and Twyin. Every one of their scenes has been terrific.
:excited: :lmao: That cut was incredible.That was a seriouly great episode. Loved the takeover of Winterfell to start out. Again, they're doing a fantastic job with Theon. The scenes north of the Wall were really well done too, and I'm a big fan of Ygritte's casting.

Minor spoiler:

Agree that the dragons are probably being taken to the House of the Undying. Prior to season 2, there was an interview with the guy who plays Xaro Xhoan Daxos where he said that they were stirring things up in the Qarth storyline, 'cause it draaaags in the book. I agree wholeheartedly. The House of the Undying is the truly cool and relevant part, and they're just taking a different path to get there.

Minor spoiler:

Agree that the dragons are probably being taken to the House of the Undying. Prior to season 2, there was an interview with the guy who plays Xaro Xhoan Daxos where he said that they were stirring things up in the Qarth storyline, 'cause it draaaags in the book. I agree wholeheartedly. The House of the Undying is the truly cool and relevant part, and they're just taking a different path to get there.
I last read the House of Undying part about ten years ago, but my recollection is that it had me scrambling back through the first book and checking the various fan sites to try to figure it all out. I think it will be very difficult to make that scene meaningful in a way that remotely approaches the significance it has in the books, just because the tv viewers have so much less background into the Targ history stuff. It will be interesting to see how far they try to take it. My guess would be that they leave most of it out and only scratch the surface of what it meant in the book. I'll bet the main takeaway from this scene in the tv show will be to show off the dragon.

:excited: :lmao: That cut was incredible.That was a seriouly great episode. Loved the takeover of Winterfell to start out. Again, they're doing a fantastic job with Theon. The scenes north of the Wall were really well done too, and I'm a big fan of Ygritte's casting.

Minor spoiler:

Totally agree with the spoiler...adding that worked very well for the show IMO.

Wtf was that? Total departure from the books this week
You are going to have to get over this. They can't stick to the books verbatim - nor should they. Fantastic episode this week.
:goodposting: I'm glad I'm reading the books after the series.
Yeah, seriously there is no way they can maintain the storyline in the books, they have to condense and cut and paste without killing the story.best show on TV bar none and you cant really complain about they job they have done.other than IMO the actress portraying Melisandre is not a good actor or something, seems miscast.

And I would watch a show entirely devoted to Arya and Twyin. Every one of their scenes has been terrific.
I love how Tywin can totally dress down the most ruthless ******* one moment then show a bit of a fatherly side to Arya the next. The actor playing Tywin is nailing it.

And I would watch a show entirely devoted to Arya and Twyin. Every one of their scenes has been terrific.
I love how Tywin can totally dress down the most ruthless ******* one moment then show a bit of a fatherly side to Arya the next. The actor playing Tywin is nailing it.
The scenes with Tywin and The Imp were some of the best on television. I hope we see them together more often. These dudes are knocking it out of the park.

The Tywin / Arya thing seems a little off....is he not going to find the note in the dead guy's hand and figure out why he was killed....and figure out who originally took the note?

Didn't Little Finger see Arya? seems like he recognized her but decided not to say anything? not clear imo.

Didn't Little Finger see Arya? seems like he recognized her but decided not to say anything? not clear imo.
I thought the same thing. He was shown looking suspiciously at her too many times it seems to me to just not figure it out. Not sure what the angle would be for not pointing it out though.

She definitely caught his eye.
The scenes with Tywin and The Imp were some of the best on television. I hope we see them together more often. These dudes are knocking it out of the park.
Tywin was one of my favorite characters in the books...glad he's living up to that on the show :thumbup:

I thought the same thing. He was shown looking suspiciously at her too many times it seems to me to just not figure it out. Not sure what the angle would be for not pointing it out though.
That scene closed with his eyes following her around the room while saying "what are we to do with the Stark girls". He knows, he was just caught by surprise and is contemplating how he can leverage the situation.

You are going to have to get over this. They can't stick to the books verbatim - nor should they. Fantastic episode this week.
Well, the good part is that reading the books haven't really spoiled the series, which I mentioned to my wife last night. It was liking seeing a totally different story.I don't see how Ramsay Bolton is not going to be in this season. Roose mentioned him going last night and we have five more episodes to go.I do need to get over the fact they are going to have to change so much from the books, that it's essentially going to be an all-new take on the storylines.

The Tywin / Arya thing seems a little off....is he not going to find the note in the dead guy's hand and figure out why he was killed....and figure out who originally took the note?
Maybe they spin it since the guy couldn't read that he had no idea what it was :shrug:

Well, the good part is that reading the books haven't really spoiled the series, which I mentioned to my wife last night. It was liking seeing a totally different story.I don't see how Ramsay Bolton is not going to be in this season. Roose mentioned him going last night and we have five more episodes to go.I do need to get over the fact they are going to have to change so much from the books, that it's essentially going to be an all-new take on the storylines.
4 episodes left.

Agreed.
And everytime I watch "your highness" I think - why did Tywin take such a lame role in that movie
You were able to sit through Your Highness more than once? Kudos.

Agreed.
LOL, I love stupid humor, and its in re-runs on HBO right now. Just something about it, I can turn it off when its on

I don't see how Ramsay Bolton is not going to be in this season. Roose mentioned him going last night and we have five more episodes to go.
His part of the story can be discussed without showing him. They're not showing everything that takes place, just as in the books. We often learn of events second hand.

Agreed.
LOL, I love stupid humor, and its in re-runs on HBO right now. Just something about it, I can turn it off when its on
Same here. I was expecting more, though. I probably should have seen it high. And they left the funniest line out of the movie! "Leave me to my jerkings."

Users who are viewing this thread