What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A note to my coworker ... (1 Viewer)

Me: Hey _____, how's it going?Female co-worker with 20+ years on me: Oh fine. It's starting to snow.Me: Really? Wasn't when I came in.FCW: Yeah, I had a pap smear this morning. It started on my way downtown.Me: :thumbup:FCW: You know how that goes?Me: Not in the least.I also would have accepted "I had a doctor's appointment."
She's hitting on you, bud.

Two co-workers are presently screaming at each other, slamming drawers, files, etc. Meanwhile, I can't go to lunch because one of them is at lunch (while slamming microwave doors, etc) and I don't want to sit there while they scream back and forth to each other or try to draw me into it. Awesome.

I can't wait to get out of here and away from this mess. What a nightmare.

Two co-workers are presently screaming at each other, slamming drawers, files, etc. Meanwhile, I can't go to lunch because one of them is at lunch (while slamming microwave doors, etc) and I don't want to sit there while they scream back and forth to each other or try to draw me into it. Awesome.I can't wait to get out of here and away from this mess. What a nightmare.
What are they screaming about?

Dear Boss,

I posted this last December 12th, but I just got the invite to your party again, and I wanted to shoot this out there again for you.

For the record, white elephant gift ideas are more than likely the lamest ideas ever.

You have a holiday party every year and every ####### year, you and your wife all talk about the white elephant gifts and how funny/great they are. No, boss, they are not. In fact they suck. HAHAHAHAH look who got the cheap sex toy. HAHAHAHAHAHA, look who got the the potpourri. HAHAHAHAAHAH look who got the cheap candle holders. Yeah, nothing funnier than a bunch of drunk adults getting white elephant gifts. It was perhaps 1% funny the first year. Going on the 10th 11th year now, it's really horrible.

Boss if you're reading this bye1.gif I'm not coming to your lame ### holiday party again this year.

Dear Two Anonymous Coworkers:Ten minutes ago I went into the bathroom here at work to let out the brown dog (actually, it was more than likely just going to be a fart but at my age, you can never trust a fart). Mild noisiness but nothing out fo the ordinary. While I'm contemplating life on the throne, two of you walk into different stalls:The first one: Why did you sit down in the stall next to me (a toilettiquette faux pas if ever there was one) when there was another stall available? And hiow did you determine that this was the ideal place to remove a big kettle drum from your pants and strangle a duck in it? I have no idea how you got either of them past security let alone into the stall, but sure as hell you were trying your damndest. The duck was putting up one hell of a fight, too. Sounded like a merganser, but may have been a mallard. Costco out of ducks?The second one: Apparently you had a bizarre argument with your wife this moring, or maybe a group of Shriners for all I know, but trying to remove the kazoo stuck up your rectum using solely intestinal pressure is just weird. I had to listen to that for a good five seconds. Go ahead, count it out. Then when constant pressure didn't work you decided to move on to a rat-a-tat-tat staccato technique. next time, I suggest keeping a set of Vise-Grips handy.Wishing for a peaceful download,Your Capn.
HOLY #### :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Two co-workers are presently screaming at each other, slamming drawers, files, etc. Meanwhile, I can't go to lunch because one of them is at lunch (while slamming microwave doors, etc) and I don't want to sit there while they scream back and forth to each other or try to draw me into it. Awesome.I can't wait to get out of here and away from this mess. What a nightmare.
One of them printed out about 200 letters to go out to clients. The other one is upset because the one that printed them out can't remember every single one that she printed out off the top of her head because it means that he'll have to go through the alphabetically listed stack and check to see if certain ones are there. Also, he was apparently upset at his wife since he was heard yelling at her on the phone about 10 minutes prior. The one that printed the letters doesn't handle any bit of criticism (especially if it's unjust) and started shouting right back. So then the two of them kept shouting back and forth, stomping around, etc.Good times.Of course, the fact that one of them is my mother in law doesn't make it any easier. I don't want to be in the middle of it unless it's outright ridiculous, especially when it could have been diffused just by dealing with it instead of escalating it into a shouting match and pout fest. 21 more days, and I'm out of here :lmao:

Dear Two Anonymous Coworkers:Ten minutes ago I went into the bathroom here at work to let out the brown dog (actually, it was more than likely just going to be a fart but at my age, you can never trust a fart). Mild noisiness but nothing out fo the ordinary. While I'm contemplating life on the throne, two of you walk into different stalls:The first one: Why did you sit down in the stall next to me (a toilettiquette faux pas if ever there was one) when there was another stall available? And hiow did you determine that this was the ideal place to remove a big kettle drum from your pants and strangle a duck in it? I have no idea how you got either of them past security let alone into the stall, but sure as hell you were trying your damndest. The duck was putting up one hell of a fight, too. Sounded like a merganser, but may have been a mallard. Costco out of ducks?The second one: Apparently you had a bizarre argument with your wife this moring, or maybe a group of Shriners for all I know, but trying to remove the kazoo stuck up your rectum using solely intestinal pressure is just weird. I had to listen to that for a good five seconds. Go ahead, count it out. Then when constant pressure didn't work you decided to move on to a rat-a-tat-tat staccato technique. next time, I suggest keeping a set of Vise-Grips handy.Wishing for a peaceful download,Your Capn.
HOLY #### :hifive: :wub: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
+1000

One of them printed out about 200 letters to go out to clients. The other one is upset because the one that printed them out can't remember every single one that she printed out off the top of her head because it means that he'll have to go through the alphabetically listed stack and check to see if certain ones are there. Also, he was apparently upset at his wife since he was heard yelling at her on the phone about 10 minutes prior. The one that printed the letters doesn't handle any bit of criticism (especially if it's unjust) and started shouting right back. So then the two of them kept shouting back and forth, stomping around, etc.Good times.Of course, the fact that one of them is my mother in law doesn't make it any easier. I don't want to be in the middle of it unless it's outright ridiculous, especially when it could have been diffused just by dealing with it instead of escalating it into a shouting match and pout fest. 21 more days, and I'm out of here :angry:
People really yell at each other in the work-place? Adults? I've been at my job for 13 years and I don't think I've ever seen two people yell at each other. Although about 3 months ago I did have to tell a fellow teacher "you're full of ####".

One of them printed out about 200 letters to go out to clients. The other one is upset because the one that printed them out can't remember every single one that she printed out off the top of her head because it means that he'll have to go through the alphabetically listed stack and check to see if certain ones are there. Also, he was apparently upset at his wife since he was heard yelling at her on the phone about 10 minutes prior. The one that printed the letters doesn't handle any bit of criticism (especially if it's unjust) and started shouting right back. So then the two of them kept shouting back and forth, stomping around, etc.Good times.Of course, the fact that one of them is my mother in law doesn't make it any easier. I don't want to be in the middle of it unless it's outright ridiculous, especially when it could have been diffused just by dealing with it instead of escalating it into a shouting match and pout fest. 21 more days, and I'm out of here :angry:
People really yell at each other in the work-place? Adults? I've been at my job for 13 years and I don't think I've ever seen two people yell at each other. Although about 3 months ago I did have to tell a fellow teacher "you're full of ####".
Neither one of these two would last a week in a normal work environment. Just one more reason why I'm leaving.

Dear Boss,

I posted this last December 12th, but I just got the invite to your party again, and I wanted to shoot this out there again for you.

For the record, white elephant gift ideas are more than likely the lamest ideas ever.

You have a holiday party every year and every ####### year, you and your wife all talk about the white elephant gifts and how funny/great they are. No, boss, they are not. In fact they suck. HAHAHAHAH look who got the cheap sex toy. HAHAHAHAHAHA, look who got the the potpourri. HAHAHAHAAHAH look who got the cheap candle holders. Yeah, nothing funnier than a bunch of drunk adults getting white elephant gifts. It was perhaps 1% funny the first year. Going on the 10th 11th year now, it's really horrible.

Boss if you're reading this bye1.gif I'm not coming to your lame ### holiday party again this year.
you're lucky we do this but take away cheap sex toy and replace it with something dumb like a toilet seat. Also take away all alcohol because it's in the middle of a workday and we all have to go back to work after.

HOLY #### :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
+1000
:lmao: I'm crying. Outstanding work.

One of them printed out about 200 letters to go out to clients. The other one is upset because the one that printed them out can't remember every single one that she printed out off the top of her head because it means that he'll have to go through the alphabetically listed stack and check to see if certain ones are there. Also, he was apparently upset at his wife since he was heard yelling at her on the phone about 10 minutes prior. The one that printed the letters doesn't handle any bit of criticism (especially if it's unjust) and started shouting right back. So then the two of them kept shouting back and forth, stomping around, etc.Good times.Of course, the fact that one of them is my mother in law doesn't make it any easier. I don't want to be in the middle of it unless it's outright ridiculous, especially when it could have been diffused just by dealing with it instead of escalating it into a shouting match and pout fest. 21 more days, and I'm out of here :thumbup:
Neither one of these two would last a week in a normal work environment. Just one more reason why I'm leaving.
Ahhh. Congrats on getting out of there.

Does bosses count as co-workers?

If so:

Dear Boss (HA!),

Stop being a know-it-all jack-### and taking it out on us when you don't get enough sleep.

Thanks GB!

Does bosses count as co-workers?If so:Dear Boss (HA!),Stop being a know-it-all jack-### and taking it out on us when you don't get enough sleep.Thanks GB!
Dear Do Nothing Slack Off UnderlingStart pulling your own weight around here and get a clue so I can do my own work instead of yours and get a good night's sleep.

Dear Boss,

you're lucky we do this but take away cheap sex toy and replace it with something dumb like a toilet seat. Also take away all alcohol because it's in the middle of a workday and we all have to go back to work after.
You have to go back to work AFTER your Christmas Party?Talk about lame.

Dear Boss,

Welcome to my next WednesdayI hate white elephant exchanges.

:banned: x 10,000

Dear Eager Beaver -

Hey look, I was just as excited as you were yesterday morning when our boss's old business partner rolled into the office with a recent copy of Playboy, featuring an aging but still oh so sexy Carol Alt on the cover. :popcorn: When he dropped the magazine off in the common area with the plastic sleeve still intact, we all drooled with anticipation of ripping that cover off, flipping furiously past the riveting articles, bland jokes and numerous holiday advertisements and diving straight into the pictures of the near 50 year old Alt; at long last naked and in the flesh.

To show our appreciation of his gesture, we listened politely as he regaled us with stories of days gone by and engaged him in conversation. Sure, we could have torn into the magazine and ignored him as he caught up with our boss and asked questions about the current market conditions. But we knew we'd all get our turn with Carol Alt, the identical twin Centerfolds and (my personal favorite) Sex in Cinema in due time. Well, all of us EXCEPT YOU!!! :cry:

You just couldn't wait, could you? You jumped up from your chair, tore off the cover and, in an act of pure selfishness, sprinted into the bathroom and locked the door. Now maybe you just had to poop and you just couldn't wait to read up on the latest high tech gadgets or delve into that enticing interview with Hugh Jackman. I tend to call major BS on this being the case, but regardless of your motive, you are a disgusting, shameless, self serving pig of a man and I hope you got a paper cut on your crank. You do NOT take a fresh copy of Playboy that belongs to all of us into a locked bathroom. By the time I got it, I was dumbfounded that the pages weren't stuck together or ripped out in spots.

That prized treasure belonged to everybody. We all would have liked a turn at it before it was possibly soiled or tainted. Even if you didn't make sweet sweet love to Carol Alt, the mere fact that you snagged this gem like you were playing a game of "Capture the Flag" makes me want to send a box of gay porn to your house. Butthole.

Season's Greetings,

REB

Dear administration,

Thanks for making up all these new rules and leaving us to enforce them, despite not clearly knowing what they are until we're confronted by angry swimmers wanting to know why we're not watching them swim at 5:30 am on the dot. Now they hate us a little bit more. Oh, and the rule about having to put the pool covers on every night: Perhaps you should set a maximum temperature so the two of us who are taking the covers off in the morning can look forward to not destroying our backs and arm muscles. This week the low has been on average, 70 degrees. We don't need covers on each night if the pool temp is supposed to be around 80 and the low is barely 10 degrees cooler. You're making it impossible to enjoy working here with all these rules, and it's no secret that the budget has been cut yet again, so we'll be forced to work harder because you won't hire any additional help when a part-timer runs out of available hours.

As for my vacation time, I applied for it back in October for the week of Christmas. I know fully well that we have college swim teams coming in. We also have college kids coming back to help. I appreciate you approving it, but I could have used a heads-up, oh I don't know, around Halloween, so I don't have to worry about you possibly screwing me over and making my wife and I leave a day later than planned, just so we can spend time with people we actually want to be around for more than 8 hours a day. I'm still looking for work and have a decent lead, so I'm hoping I can get it and leave this shoddily (See: government)-run organization, and work towards my own future.

That prized treasure belonged to everybody. We all would have liked a turn at it before it was possibly soiled or tainted. Even if you didn't make sweet sweet love to Carol Alt, the mere fact that you snagged this gem like you were playing a game of "Capture the Flag" makes me want to send a box of gay porn to your house.
Do this. Then steal them out of the mailbox and bring them into the office, subscription sticker intact. :unsure:

GTBilly said:
Does bosses count as co-workers?If so:Dear Boss (HA!),Stop being a know-it-all jack-### and taking it out on us when you don't get enough sleep.Thanks GB!
Dear Do Nothing Slack Off UnderlingStart pulling your own weight around here and get a clue so I can do my own work instead of yours and get a good night's sleep.
:popcorn:

Kal El said:
Dear administration,Thanks for making up all these new rules and leaving us to enforce them, despite not clearly knowing what they are until we're confronted by angry swimmers wanting to know why we're not watching them swim at 5:30 am on the dot. Now they hate us a little bit more. Oh, and the rule about having to put the pool covers on every night: Perhaps you should set a maximum temperature so the two of us who are taking the covers off in the morning can look forward to not destroying our backs and arm muscles. This week the low has been on average, 70 degrees. We don't need covers on each night if the pool temp is supposed to be around 80 and the low is barely 10 degrees cooler. You're making it impossible to enjoy working here with all these rules, and it's no secret that the budget has been cut yet again, so we'll be forced to work harder because you won't hire any additional help when a part-timer runs out of available hours.As for my vacation time, I applied for it back in October for the week of Christmas. I know fully well that we have college swim teams coming in. We also have college kids coming back to help. I appreciate you approving it, but I could have used a heads-up, oh I don't know, around Halloween, so I don't have to worry about you possibly screwing me over and making my wife and I leave a day later than planned, just so we can spend time with people we actually want to be around for more than 8 hours a day. I'm still looking for work and have a decent lead, so I'm hoping I can get it and leave this shoddily (See: government)-run organization, and work towards my own future.
Gross.

TheAristocrat said:
Dear Boss,

We had ours yesterday. There were two highlights this year one being when the owner's wife went to sit down, missed the chair and fell on the floor. Everyone around her tried to help her up but he just pointed and laughed uncontrollably. The other one was the older guy that decided he would take a chance and give a gift of a 15 minute massage given by him. He was clearly disappointed when another guy ended up with it.

TheAristocrat said:
Dear Boss,

We had ours yesterday. There were two highlights this year one being when the owner's wife went to sit down, missed the chair and fell on the floor. Everyone around her tried to help her up but he just pointed and laughed uncontrollably. The other one was the older guy that decided he would take a chance and give a gift of a 15 minute massage given by him. He was clearly disappointed when another guy ended up with it.
:angry: "Hey Bob, make sure you get that massage oil that doesn't get all goopy in back hair, because I'm like a gorilla back there. And is this a FULL body massage or what?"

Bob: :lmao: :doh:

NOBODY GIVES A #### ABOUT YOUR BORING STORIES ABOUT YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!!1111

Stories are better when they have a point or are interesting. HTH.

:confused: :popcorn: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dear Boss Lady,

You might have received a better response to your "Pot Luck lunch sign up sheet" email if you hadn't laid off about half the people here last week. The rest of us don't want to eat with you. Walking around from cube to cube telling everyone, "I missed you at the luncheon" does not make us feel bad. We just want to go home so you can't find us.

GROMS

Dear Boss Lady,You might have received a better response to your "Pot Luck lunch sign up sheet" email if you hadn't laid off about half the people here last week. The rest of us don't want to eat with you. Walking around from cube to cube telling everyone, "I missed you at the luncheon" does not make us feel bad. We just want to go home so you can't find us. GROMS
Yikes

Dear Eager Beaver -

Hey look, I was just as excited as you were yesterday morning when our boss's old business partner rolled into the office with a recent copy of Playboy, featuring an aging but still oh so sexy Carol Alt on the cover. :thumbup: When he dropped the magazine off in the common area with the plastic sleeve still intact, we all drooled with anticipation of ripping that cover off, flipping furiously past the riveting articles, bland jokes and numerous holiday advertisements and diving straight into the pictures of the near 50 year old Alt; at long last naked and in the flesh.

To show our appreciation of his gesture, we listened politely as he regaled us with stories of days gone by and engaged him in conversation. Sure, we could have torn into the magazine and ignored him as he caught up with our boss and asked questions about the current market conditions. But we knew we'd all get our turn with Carol Alt, the identical twin Centerfolds and (my personal favorite) Sex in Cinema in due time. Well, all of us EXCEPT YOU!!! :hot:

You just couldn't wait, could you? You jumped up from your chair, tore off the cover and, in an act of pure selfishness, sprinted into the bathroom and locked the door. Now maybe you just had to poop and you just couldn't wait to read up on the latest high tech gadgets or delve into that enticing interview with Hugh Jackman. I tend to call major BS on this being the case, but regardless of your motive, you are a disgusting, shameless, self serving pig of a man and I hope you got a paper cut on your crank. You do NOT take a fresh copy of Playboy that belongs to all of us into a locked bathroom. By the time I got it, I was dumbfounded that the pages weren't stuck together or ripped out in spots.

That prized treasure belonged to everybody. We all would have liked a turn at it before it was possibly soiled or tainted. Even if you didn't make sweet sweet love to Carol Alt, the mere fact that you snagged this gem like you were playing a game of "Capture the Flag" makes me want to send a box of gay porn to your house. Butthole.

Season's Greetings,

REB
:lmao:

Batpoop crazy lady (the non-werewolf one),

What kind of freak puts friggin' bells on their coat so that you jingle everywhere you ####### go? And for the last two weeks?

GROMS said:
Dear Boss Lady,You might have received a better response to your "Pot Luck lunch sign up sheet" email if you hadn't laid off about half the people here last week. The rest of us don't want to eat with you. Walking around from cube to cube telling everyone, "I missed you at the luncheon" does not make us feel bad. We just want to go home so you can't find us. GROMS
Dear Employee,We hate firing people. HATE it. It has to be done sometimes.Please stop #####ing about potlucks and get back to work so I don't have to do it. It's the absolute worst part of my job.TIA.

GROMS said:
Dear Employee,We hate firing people. HATE it. It has to be done sometimes.Please stop #####ing about potlucks and get back to work so I don't have to do it. It's the absolute worst part of my job.TIA.
Oh ok. That makes it all better. :goodposting: I thought this was a place to vent?Geez.

Last edited by a moderator:
GROMS said:
Oh ok. That makes it all better. :angry: I thought this was a place to vent?Geez.
Since I manage people, I'm not allowed to vent?

Dear Assistant wearing jingle bells on your shoes,

I know I said I thought it would be fine for you to wear those bells on your shoes today since the schedule was light and we're only here for a half day, but I didn't realize that the bells would be of such size to put the Red Cross bellringers to shame. Remind be next year to outlaw those things.

Tinnitusly yours,

TJ

Dear guys that I have previously wrote about in this thread (Mr. Checkmate, Mr. Doesn't-Wash-His-Hands-After-Pooping),

Enjoy working at the new place in 2009. We're going to be better without you.

TheAristocrat

Dear husband of annoying coworker,

If your wife doesn't answer her phone that means she's not in her office...YOU DON'T HAVE TO CALL HER CELL PHONE TWO SECONDS LATER!! She won't answer that either ########! You do this EVERY ####### DAY!

You sir, are an annoying chick, period. Piss off loser.

wg

Overheard at work:

Coworker (speaking about Hooter's with zero hint of irony): "I hear their quesadillas are the B-O-M-B."

She spelled it without any stress on the spelling, just very casually. No smile, nothing.

Hey milfy,

just wanted to clarify that earlier, when i made the comment about you gagging on a banana, that was code for my penis.

HTH

Dear creepy older lady with the greasy hair who baby-talks to her dog on the phone and from whom a chorus of non-sequiturs is constantly streaming. You've been mentioned in this thread before.

You were off sick, actually for real this time, last Wednesday through Friday. When you came to my cube this morning, and interrupted a conversation I was having with another co-worker, that was bad enough. The "I'm glad you're feeling better" I gave you WAS NOT an invitation to explain everything about how sick you were. Then you proceeded to cough and blow your nose and say "the doctor said to call her back if it started coming out brown." :thumbup:

I don't know what, exactly, might be coming out brown but I do know that it's not what our other colleague and I wanted to hear before 8 am. Thanks for that.

Please look up in the air and ready your throat for punching.

Lots of hate,

SR

Users who are viewing this thread