What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Aquarium guys? (1 Viewer)

The site does recommend that I change ~35% of my water each week if I stock it that heavily though -- so it's pretty full.
IMO that's too many fish and changing the water that much ins't going to let the beneficial bacteria do its thing.  The fish will be fine but your plants will never take off changing the water that much and you'll never get to a point where the nitrogen cycle is doing most of the cleaning.  To each his own but in my one guppy tank, I haven't had to do a water change since setting it up 4 months ago thanks to a ton of plants and low bio load; I just add water that evaporated periodically, keep Co2 going daily and add liquid plant fertilizers. 

Also, about Co2.  It makes a HUGE difference in a planted tank 

I use to have plecos, angels and gouramies but got tired of the maintenance they require.  I ended up donating those fish; I'm currently just breeding guppies and growing plants in my tanks now.  I also have a few cory and nerite snails to help keep things clean. 

I'll have to check out House of Tropicals next time I'm in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread