What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (1 Viewer)

Do any of you guys ever feel discomfort maybe even a little pain while doing the deed (either by yourself or with someone)

My incision marks itch sometimes also. Does anyone else have that
A couple years out and my balls are still sensitive.  No pain during the deed. 

[SIZE=11pt]As a follow up after three beautiful daughters the Righetti baby factory is officially closed (well it will be closed in about 6 weeks I'm told).   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]They basically went to extinguish any possible fire with the biggest sharpest fire extinguisher that exists and 24 hours later, we feel like a million bucks...IF somebody kicked the million bucks in the groin..[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It's definitely the kind of thing you want to do close to home because you feel OK but not exactly ready to run a marathon.  In my case doing it New Jersey over NYC made sense because in New York you need a 30 day waiting period before getting snipped which is kind of like the waiting period before buying a gun although I guess this is sort of like the opposite as it's like a waiting period to have your gun taken away.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]This operation is done at some outpatient place, which I was fine with.  I did get a bit nervous when it was basically in a strip mall between a TGI Fridays' and an Applebee's which is about as reassuring as ordering a filet mignon at Applebee's but still I went through with it, mostly because I had already fasted all day and really what could go wrong..[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]My first bunch of positive news was when that unlike the way my buddy had it done recently, my doctor puts you under full anesthesia which means that while my buddy got to blog his way through his operation, I was out cold for mine.   There are some obvious problems here, of course, including the chances of somebody pulling a Tim Whatley but really the idea of not having to be conscious for this thing was kind of nice.   [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]After filling out a bunch of paperwork and getting a fluid thing put in my hand they wheeled me from pre-op to the operation room.   Now I have never been in an operating room in my life, so this was a bit new to me.   They strapped me to a gurney, put oxygen in my nose and tell me to count down from 10.  I think I got to 7 and the next thing I remember was my buddy Tommy C standing over my bed with a ####-eating grin.   [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I got some cookies, a cup of joe and got dressed and now I'm sitting at my desk with a bag of frozen peas on my crotch.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As a thank you for my buddy picking me up, I'm making him steamed peas tonight.. I won't even have to put them on the stove.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt].[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was prepared for the worst but being put under seems like major overkill. I just had a local anesthetic. 

Procedure was super easy with no real pain to speak of. I'm thinking it's a way for men to at least get one back with their wives and get an extra script. 

Joining the club on Friday.

I don't think I'm going to sleep all week. I'm so wimpy regarding medical-ly things.

But after two c-sections, a gall bladder removal, and rotator cuff surgeries I'm not getting much sympathy from my wife.

:nervousbanana:

I don't think I'm going to sleep all week. I'm so wimpy regarding medical-ly things.

But after two c-sections, a gall bladder removal, and rotator cuff surgeries I'm not getting much sympathy from my wife.

Friday perfect day to do it - milk it throughout the weekend for the opening of football season.

If you're that nervous about it - asked to be put out. Wake up - done - go home. Its not that bad.

Had mine done two weeks ago.  The procedure wasn't to bad.  Recovery is basically an ache for a few days as you have the feeling like you got kicked in the balls.  Not the immediate pain of it but like happened a couple of hours ago.   

Not awful at all.  Procedure was a breeze, and recover is like others said, just sort of an ache for a few days.

i've got to get this done.  how did y'all choose a doctor?  i don't have a urologist on speed dial.  recommendation from my GP?  i'm a bit leery of letting some guy, i have no knowledge of, slice up bits of my junk.

It's a very simple procedure. I imagine most 1st year med students could do it without an issue. But yes, get a recomendation from your primary. Or do some internet sleuthing for vasectomy docs in your area

The guy who already has three kids really wants to take that chance???
I thought trying to buy an at-home sperm tester at the local CVS made for an uncomfortable situation but it was nothing than having to walk into a fertility lab. I decided to get my post vasectomy check in the city as getting an appointment in New Jersey involved having to take a half a day off of work. I find a fertility clinic who runs the test for $75, set up an appointment for lunch time and I'm off. My first issue was that when I start to walk down to the place, I find out it down to a place which wound up being basically in the East River, so by the time I get to 1st avenue and 30th street, I'm a sweaty mess. I walk in and all of a sudden, it's all a bit weird. The people working there were as professional as can be expected but honestly when you walk into a place and they hand you a cup to jizz into, it is bound to be a bit awkward. After filling out some paperwork and handing over $75, they bring me to a special room with a leather chair, a stack of playboys, a DVD player and some Vaseline and tell me to ring the bell when I'm done. I'm in a shirt and tie, in the middle of the day and all of a sudden I think that I may not actually be able to perform even if it's a solo act. I turn on the DVD, leaf through a couple of magazines and before I realize it, I find myself beating off in a dark room in the second floor of a non-descript townhouse in Manhattan . I have to say that this wasn't exactly where I thought I'd be when I was thinking about my future as a twenty year old. But I'm a professional and once I got into it a bit I was able to get myself ready and finished. I wash my hands, grab a napkin, seal the cup thing and I'm off I guess this was a better way to spend my lunch hour than grabbing a $5 footlong from Subway

When I called the lab about the first deposit they said I could fill the cup from home (dr had given me 2 cups) and drop it off.  Wife was happy to help make the sample!

Time for sample 2! hope to get time this weekend to fill the cup and drop it off....

Mine hurt like hell
My recovery has been slower than what appears to be typical in here. Almost two weeks later, and my left side still has swelling and some pain/hardness around the incision site. Maybe I pushed things too hard right after the procedure...lots of walking and doing stuff with the kids in the days after might have put me behind. 

The procedure itself took longer on the left side too. Doctor said there was a lot of connective tissue to clear out of the way of the vas, so maybe that's the culprit. 

First load unleashed after a Vasectomy....how scared were you on a scale from 1-10  (10 = The most scared I've ever been in my life. Tops locally)

It was like going to the top of the Great American Scream machine.  You go up thinking it will be totally cool and in yiur heart you know it will but when you get right to the top of the first big decline you are a little nervous that the harness isn't closed right. 

I thought trying to buy an at-home sperm tester at the local CVS made for an uncomfortable situation but it was nothing than having to walk into a fertility lab. I decided to get my post vasectomy check in the city as getting an appointment in New Jersey involved having to take a half a day off of work. I find a fertility clinic who runs the test for $75, set up an appointment for lunch time and I'm off. My first issue was that when I start to walk down to the place, I find out it down to a place which wound up being basically in the East River, so by the time I get to 1st avenue and 30th street, I'm a sweaty mess. I walk in and all of a sudden, it's all a bit weird. The people working there were as professional as can be expected but honestly when you walk into a place and they hand you a cup to jizz into, it is bound to be a bit awkward. After filling out some paperwork and handing over $75, they bring me to a special room with a leather chair, a stack of playboys, a DVD player and some Vaseline and tell me to ring the bell when I'm done. I'm in a shirt and tie, in the middle of the day and all of a sudden I think that I may not actually be able to perform even if it's a solo act. I turn on the DVD, leaf through a couple of magazines and before I realize it, I find myself beating off in a dark room in the second floor of a non-descript townhouse in Manhattan . I have to say that this wasn't exactly where I thought I'd be when I was thinking about my future as a twenty year old. But I'm a professional and once I got into it a bit I was able to get myself ready and finished. I wash my hands, grab a napkin, seal the cup thing and I'm off I guess this was a better way to spend my lunch hour than grabbing a $5 footlong from Subway
So did you base your decision on which clinic to go to based on price?

My recovery has been slower than what appears to be typical in here. Almost two weeks later, and my left side still has swelling and some pain/hardness around the incision site. Maybe I pushed things too hard right after the procedure...lots of walking and doing stuff with the kids in the days after might have put me behind. 

The procedure itself took longer on the left side too. Doctor said there was a lot of connective tissue to clear out of the way of the vas, so maybe that's the culprit. 
Mine was super easy but I was really strict about following instructions for the first 48 hours. Given that you're placing the comfort of your most sensitive area at risk by not following doctors orders, I don't understand why anyone does it otherwise.

Mine was super easy but I was really strict about following instructions for the first 48 hours. Given that you're placing the comfort of your most sensitive area at risk by not following doctors orders, I don't understand why anyone does it otherwise.
I stayed pretty much bed ridden for the first two days (surgery Thursday AM; stayed in bed all day Thursday and Friday). I didn't even need Ibuprofen the second day because there was very little pain. 

I don't have pain two weeks later...I just have a left testicle that hangs really low and feels like it's floating around in a bag of pickle juice. 

so I guess the first sample wasnt completely clean but the second one was (by clean i mean negative).  Need to do 1 more to get the all clear....  Do that next weekend.  

Recruiting the wife to help manscape before procedure. Doc at consult even suggested using it as foreplay. Fingers crossed. Procedure's in two weeks. 

"Andy: Your sperm check shows sperm still present but they are not moving.  Please repeat the sperm check in 2 months. If sperm is still seen one year after the vasectomy you will be asked if you would like to repeat the procedure." 

Two months!? Do it AGAIN!? HELL NO! 

:angry: :hot: :rant:

I had one done about a year ago.   about 10% of my secks now is mildly painful with a dull ache reminiscent of the ache post-procedure, just not as severe.  

It's not huge deal, but it would be cool if stopped hurting at some point.   

I had one done about a year ago.   about 10% of my secks now is mildly painful with a dull ache reminiscent of the ache post-procedure, just not as severe.  

It's not huge deal, but it would be cool if stopped hurting at some point.   
Sucks - hope it clears up.  One thing I think I mentioned in this thread a while back was I didn't have discomfort ejaculating after but rather I noticed a difference for a period of time - neither good or bad, just different.  If you are have pain this long after your procedure I would suggest a doctor visit if you haven't already.

My number is coming up....

Wife and I had a scare recently. Kids are 10 & 12 and we don't want another. Half of this thread makes it seem like a piece of cake, the other terrifies me. residual pain a year later?

Scheduled for January 9th.  I know a bunch of people that got it that said no big deal but hearing some of the recovery and side effects here..... Yikes. 

Anybody in this thread have it done in the DMV? Looking for a recommendation to one of the good guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the no scalpel version. No issues here. 

Although I found out last week that you aren't TOTALLY in the clear after getting this done. 

My daughters convicted my wife last week to get a puppy.....that has already chewed up an IPad mini  :wall:

2017 goal. Just had kid #2 and we are done. 

Not liking some of these lingering issues in here though!!!
The lingering issues are few and far between.   It's like most things you read on the interweb, bad experiences get w lot more press than good ones.   

Nonody ever writes a good review on yelp for the DMV.   

I did have an issue for a little bit. A lot like ahrn described. I cant remember if I posted in here about it

However, I have not had that pain for a while so Im hoping I dont get it. However, I will take that pain over a kid any day

I did have an issue for a little bit. A lot like ahrn described. I cant remember if I posted in here about it

However, I have not had that pain for a while so Im hoping I dont get it. However, I will take that pain over a kid any day
Every time I think of having another kid,I punch myself in the balls 

Users who are viewing this thread