What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much Voter Fraud is Happening (1 Viewer)

Which is worse / which is MORE UNJUST?

• An illegitimate vote being counted

Votes: 73 27.4%
  • A legitimate vote not being counted

Votes: 193 72.6%

• Total voters
How much VOTER FRAUD do you think is taking place NATIONALLY?

Greater than 10,000,000 votes (35 votes [17.95%])
People really fell for this ####.
:lmao: @ 10,000,000 votes fraudulently cast.
How many aliai can TPW possibly have?
One is enough. I don't need to play stupid tricks like skewing polls in order to get my point across.

10,000,000 is way too high. I could believe 100,000+ in a major national election.

One is enough. I don't need to play stupid tricks like skewing polls in order to get my point across.

10,000,000 is way too high. I could believe 100,000+ in a major national election.
Of course you could.

I did some calculations involving bandwidth, network transmission times, IP allocations, manual dexterity, hand/eye coordination, and the ability to convey comprehensible thoughts and arrived at the maximum: 3

All voting is a fraud. Wake up, sheeple.
Dynamite stuff, videoguy.
Winners are predetermined by the illuminati. Votes aren't even really counted. It's true.

It may sound like the rantings of a lunatic. But we already owe apologies to everyone ever institutionalized for thinking the government was spying on them. The insanity of today is the fact of tomorrow.

And once the truth is revealed, people will react the same way they already have... Not caring. Brave New World.

Of course you could.
There were approximately 125,000,000 votes cast in the 2012 presidential election. 100,000 / 125,000,000 = 0.0008 or .08% of all votes cast.

I know mathematics comprehension and logic are in short supply here but how is saying less than 1% of all votes cast could have been fraudulent in any way unreasonable?

shtick votes.
I don't know. People, like you, seemed to swallow the hook pretty hard on this one.
Please link to me saying that there were 10million fraudulent votes.

There were approximately 125,000,000 votes cast in the 2012 presidential election. 100,000 / 125,000,000 = 0.0008 or .08% of all votes cast.

I know mathematics comprehension and logic are in short supply here but how is saying less than 1% of all votes cast could have been fraudulent in any way unreasonable?
They're in short supply all right. :lmao:

There's an earlier post in the topic about one big big accusation of voter fraud that turned out to be 0.00006% of votes cast.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=437780&p=12491535

There's an earlier post in the topic about one big big accusation of voter fraud that turned out to be 0.00006% of votes cast.

Nice cherry picking. 0.00006% of one state's results. The undead voters in Cook County alone could blow that number out of the water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course you could.

Lawdy look at all dem big numbahs!!!

My bank has something like 175 billion under account. $1,000,000 is only 1/175,000th of that amount -- only .0000057% of the bank's holdings. Why is it so unreasonable to think the bank made an error and owes me a mil?

My bank has something like 175 billion under account. $1,000,000 is only 1/175,000th of that amount -- only .0000057% of the bank's holdings. Why is it so unreasonable to think the bank made an error and owes me a mil?
You were doing so well. The correct analogy would be "why is it unreasonable to think that my bank has lost $1,000,000 due to fraud?" Given that there's around $190billion in credit card fraud each year, they probably have.

TPW said:
TPW said:
fatness said:
TPW said:

Nice cherry picking. 0.00006% of one state's results. The undead voters in Cook County alone could blow that number out of the water.
You asked a question and I referred you to numbers from the topic.

You pulled numbers out of your ###, and imagination, if different.

Rayderr said:
You were doing so well. The correct analogy would be "why is it unreasonable to think that my bank has lost $1,000,000 due to fraud?" Given that there's around $190billion in credit card fraud each year, they probably have.
I didn't choose that analogy because credit card fraud is something that actual happens. There's evidence of it and everything.

The missing money in my account? No evidence at all. But boy those numbers are so big I just know I should be rich.

One of these things is exactly like 'voter fraud'.

Rayderr said:
I didn't choose that analogy because credit card fraud is something that actual happens. There's evidence of it and everything.

The missing money in my account? No evidence at all. But boy those numbers are so big I just know I should be rich.

One of these things is exactly like 'voter fraud'.
Well, there has been evidence of voter fraud. Plenty of links to it in this thread. People have actually been convicted and sent to jail for voter fraud. So, it does happen.

Cute. I can't help but wonder if you progressives who now claim the American voting system is pristine were singing the same tune during the infamous Florida recount of 2000 or screaming "VOTER SUPPRESSION" by Diebold, Inc. after supposed irregularities in Ohio in 2004.

Voter fraud is just as real as your own hypocrisy.

Cute. I can't help but wonder if you progressives who now claim the American voting system is pristine were singing the same tune during the infamous Florida recount of 2000 or screaming "VOTER SUPPRESSION" by Diebold, Inc. after supposed irregularities in Ohio in 2004.

Voter fraud is just as real as your own hypocrisy.
YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wisconsin State Sen. Dale Schultz, a longtime Republican:

There seems to be this mythology that we have all these voting iregularities and all this massive fraud. I began this session thinking that there was some lack of faith in our voting process and we maybe needed to address it. But I have come to the conclusion that this is far less noble....

It’s just, I think, sad when a political party — my political party — has so lost faith in its ideas that it’s pouring all of its energy into election mechanics. And again, I’m a guy who understands and appreciates what we should be doing in order to make sure every vote counts, every vote is legitimate.

But the fact is, it ought to be abundantly clear to everybody in this state that there is no massive voter fraud. The only thing that we do have in this state is we have long lines of people who want to vote. And it seems to me that we should be doing everything we can to make it easier, to help these people get their votes counted. And that we should be pitching as political parties our ideas for improving things in the future, rather than mucking around in the mechanics and making it more confrontational at the voting sites and trying to suppress the vote...

I'm not willing to defend this anymore. I'm just not.

There seems to be this mythology that we have all these voting iregularities and all this massive fraud. I began this session thinking that there was some lack of faith in our voting process and we maybe needed to address it. But I have come to the conclusion that this is far less noble....

Its just, I think, sad when a political party my political party has so lost faith in its ideas that its pouring all of its energy into election mechanics. And again, Im a guy who understands and appreciates what we should be doing in order to make sure every vote counts, every vote is legitimate.

But the fact is, it ought to be abundantly clear to everybody in this state that there is no massive voter fraud. The only thing that we do have in this state is we have long lines of people who want to vote. And it seems to me that we should be doing everything we can to make it easier, to help these people get their votes counted. And that we should be pitching as political parties our ideas for improving things in the future, rather than mucking around in the mechanics and making it more confrontational at the voting sites and trying to suppress the vote...

Good man.

It’s just, I think, sad when a political party — my political party — has so lost faith in its ideas that it’s pouring all of its energy into election mechanics. And again, I’m a guy who understands and appreciates what we should be doing in order to make sure every vote counts, every vote is legitimate.

Meh. Schultz is barely a republican. Mostly a RINO.

Its just, I think, sad when a political party my political party has so lost faith in its ideas that its pouring all of its energy into election mechanics. And again, Im a guy who understands and appreciates what we should be doing in order to make sure every vote counts, every vote is legitimate.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Not necessarily, but I'm not sure quoting a RINO is the best way to prove any point concerning the GOP.

Not necessarily, but I'm not sure quoting a RINO is the best way to prove any point concerning the GOP.
Actually, it's the best way.

Iowa SOS Misused Federal Funds for Voter Fraud Investigation

There was not a single one of those 16 cases that involved voter impersonation, the only thing that voter ID laws would help prevent.
This is pretty much par for the course when you ask racists Republicans people concerned with 'vote fraud' to show evidence that this is a significant problem.
I really don't understand the logic in this post. Ignoring the specifics of MT's post, and what funds can be used for what purposes, your post seems to imply that you feel governments shouldn't be able to create new laws to combat potential voter fraud, and they also shouldn't be allowed to examine whether voter fraud is occurring?

:lmao:

Rational and honest? Well he's not one of ours!!!

Rational and honest? Well he's not one of ours!!!

Iowa SOS Misused Federal Funds for Voter Fraud Investigation

There was not a single one of those 16 cases that involved voter impersonation, the only thing that voter ID laws would help prevent.
This is pretty much par for the course when you ask racists Republicans people concerned with 'vote fraud' to show evidence that this is a significant problem.
I really don't understand the logic in this post. Ignoring the specifics of MT's post, and what funds can be used for what purposes, your post seems to imply that you feel governments shouldn't be able to create new laws to combat potential voter fraud, and they also shouldn't be allowed to examine whether voter fraud is occurring?
Rich, it should be clear now that any Republican effort connected to 'vote fraud' has as its ultimate purpose denying the vote to Democratic constituents. Because there is no vote fraud to fight. And to the degree that a few dozen bad votes are found from time to time none of the proposed solutions would prevent them.

Nice work, MaxKooK: Anyone who is in favor of Americans voting cant possibly be a Good Republican.

Way to keep the issue in focus for us.

Nice work, MaxKooK: Anyone who is in favor of Americans voting cant possibly be a Good Republican.

He is horrible. He knows the truth of it and yet refuses to acknowledge it.

Rich, it should be clear now that any Republican effort connected to 'vote fraud' has as its ultimate purpose denying the vote to Democratic constituents. Because there is no vote fraud to fight. And to the degree that a few dozen bad votes are found from time to time none of the proposed solutions would prevent them.
What GOP legislators actually do and how they do it has zero bearing on my philosophical arguments for voter ID. I'm in favor of voter ID laws because I believe it's important to prevent voter fraud, and prevent the perception of possible voter fraud. There are lots of laws of which I'm theoretically in favor, with the assumption that it is possible to implement such laws without downside, despite how lawmakers actually take advantage of those laws and introduce downsides. In other words, stupid implementations of certain laws don't alter my belief that intelligent implementations of similar laws are both possible and desirable.

That said, what I don't understand is your apparent assertion that governments shouldn't even be allowed to investigate voter fraud simply because (you believe) it's rare. That seems kind of like saying we shouldn't vaccinate kids for polio because hardly anyone gets polio any more.

What GOP legislators actually do and how they do it has zero bearing on my philosophical arguments for voter ID. I'm in favor of voter ID laws because I believe it's important to prevent voter fraud, and prevent the perception of possible voter fraud. There are lots of laws of which I'm theoretically in favor, despite how lawmakers actually take advantage of those laws.

That said, what I don't understand is your apparent assertion that lawmakers shouldn't even be allowed to investigate voter fraud. That seems kind of like saying we shouldn't vaccinate kids for polio because hardly anyone gets polio any more.
I didn't say that. If legislatures want to waste money looking for something that doesn't exist... :shrug: They do dumber things.

The issue is that the entire 'vote fraud' thing is a hoax. And the remedies (which don't actually remedy the handful of 'fraud' cases) are all designed to disenfranchise millions of Democratic voters.

What GOP legislators actually do and how they do it has zero bearing on my philosophical arguments for voter ID. I'm in favor of voter ID laws because I believe it's important to prevent voter fraud, and prevent the perception of possible voter fraud. There are lots of laws of which I'm theoretically in favor, despite how lawmakers actually take advantage of those laws.

That said, what I don't understand is your apparent assertion that lawmakers shouldn't even be allowed to investigate voter fraud. That seems kind of like saying we shouldn't vaccinate kids for polio because hardly anyone gets polio any more.
I didn't say that. If legislatures want to waste money looking for something that doesn't exist... :shrug: They do dumber things.

The issue is that the entire 'vote fraud' thing is a hoax. And the remedies (which don't actually remedy the handful of 'fraud' cases) are all designed to disenfranchise millions of Democratic voters.
I edited my post a bit to make my position on voter ID laws more clear: "In other words, stupid implementations of certain laws don't alter my belief that intelligent implementations of similar laws are both possible and desirable." Hell, our tax code should be #1 on that list. Our federal tax code is colossally stupid and politically self-serving, yet I'd argue that intelligent tax codes are both possible and desirable.

Re: your original post to which I replied, I just took it as you implying they shouldn't be allowed to investigate voter fraud since they never find anything significant. Seemed like flawed logic to me.

He is horrible. He knows the truth of it and yet refuses to acknowledge it.
YOUR truth is different than the actual truth.

Who's denying Americans to vote? That's a lie propagated by the left. Fools like you will fall for it every single time.

Carolina...

• The end of pre-registration for 16 & 17 year olds
  • A ban on paid voter registration drives
  • Elimination of same day voter registration
  • A provision allowing voters to be challenged by any registered voter of the county in which they vote rather than just their precinct
  • A week sliced off Early Voting
  • Elimination of straight party ticket voting
  • A provision making the state’s presidential primary date a function of the primary date in South Carolina
  • A provision calling for a study (rather than a mandate) of electronic candidate filing
  • An increase in the maximum campaign contribution to $5,000 (the limit will continue to increase every two years with the Consumer Price Index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
  • A provision weakening disclosure requirements for ”independent expenditure” committees
  • Authorization of vigilante poll observers, lots of them, with expanded range of interference
  • An expansion of the scope of who may examine registration records and challenge voters
  • A repeal of out-of-precinct voting
  • A repeal of the current mandate for high-school registration drives
  • Elimination of flexibility in opening early voting sites at different hours within a county
  • A provision making it more difficult to add satellite polling sites for the elderly or voters with disabilities
  • New limits on who can assist a voter adjudicated to be incompetent by court
  • The repeal of three public financing programs
  • The repeal of disclosure requirements under “candidate specific communications.”
Florida....

Florida Republicans Admit Voter Suppression Was The Goal Of New Election Laws

Floridians endured election chaos and marathon voting lines this year, largely thanks to reduced early voting hours, voter purges, and voter registration restrictions pushed by Republican legislators. In an exclusive report by the Palm Beach Post, several prominent Florida Republicans are now admitting that these election law changes were geared toward suppressing minority and Democratic votes.

Wayne Bertsch, who handles local and legislative races for Republicans, said he knew targeting Democrats was the goal.

proninja said:

We need more politicians like this :thumbup:
The Republican Party would also have far more appeal to many (myself included) if there were more thinking along these lines.

:lmao: Rational and honest? Well he's not one of ours!!!
Which is exactly why people like me have to choose for a L or I if possible or by default reluctantly vote dem.

proninja said:

The Republican Party would also have far more appeal to many (myself included) if there were more thinking along these lines.
So...just to be clear...when the GOP starts thinking like Democrats then they will have more appeal to you? Why not just continue to vote for Democrats?

<p>

Carolina...

• A provision allowing voters to be challenged by any registered voter of the county in which they vote rather than just their precinct
  • A provision making the states presidential primary date a function of the primary date in South Carolina
  • A provision calling for a study (rather than a mandate) of electronic candidate filing
  • An increase in the maximum campaign contribution to $5,000 (the limit will continue to increase every two years with the Consumer Price Index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
  • A provision weakening disclosure requirements for independent expenditure committees
  • Authorization of vigilante poll observers, lots of them, with expanded range of interference
  • An expansion of the scope of who may examine registration records and challenge voters
  • Elimination of flexibility in opening early voting sites at different hours within a county
  • A provision making it more difficult to add satellite polling sites for the elderly or voters with disabilities
  • The repeal of disclosure requirements under candidate specific communications.
Florida....

Floridians endured election chaos and marathon voting lines this year, largely thanks to reduced early voting hours, voter purges, and voter registration restrictions pushed by Republican legislators. In an exclusive report by the Palm Beach Post, several prominent Florida Republicans are now admitting that these election law changes were geared toward suppressing minority and Democratic votes.

Wayne Bertsch, who handles local and legislative races for Republicans, said he knew targeting Democrats was the goal.
Those silly fools who think these efforts are only out in place to slant the voting process in favor of the right. Silly stupid fools.

I'd say that the fools are the ones, like Max, who don't recognize or admit the truth. But they are hardly fools. They are hardened ideologues who put their own party and political position above the very tenets of what our nation, at it's very root, stands for.

So maybe the left are fools (and admittedly they often are). Those who push to continue these anti-American tactics of voter suppression are cunning. They are cd heated and in my opinion another example of unpatriotic (go ahead Tim, tell me how I'm wrong to call a spade a spade when a large group wants only to suppress the opposing viewpoints ability to engage in our democratic process) vitriol that continues to do real harm to our nation and out future.

proninja said:

So...just to be clear...when the GOP starts thinking like Democrats then they will have more appeal to you? Why not just continue to vote for Democrats?
Quit. Being. Evil.

That's it.

Which is exactly why people like me have to choose for a L or I if possible or by default reluctantly vote dem.
Why? Illinois had a primary on Tuesday. There were several Republicans worthy of a vote. And there were several I would never vote for. Abandoning the party isn't the solution when the Democrats are the only other real option.

<p>

Carolina...

• A provision making the states presidential primary date a function of the primary date in South Carolina
  • A provision weakening disclosure requirements for independent expenditure committees
  • The repeal of disclosure requirements under candidate specific communications.
Florida....

Those silly fools who think these efforts are only out in place to slant the voting process in favor of the right. Silly stupid fools.

I'd say that the fools are the ones, like Max, who don't recognize or admit the truth. But they are hardly fools. They are hardened ideologues who put their own party and political position above the very tenets of what our nation, at it's very root, stands for.

So maybe the left are fools (and admittedly they often are). Those who push to continue these anti-American tactics of voter suppression are cunning. They are cd heated and in my opinion another example of unpatriotic (go ahead Tim, tell me how I'm wrong to call a spade a spade when a large group wants only to suppress the opposing viewpoints ability to engage in our democratic process) vitriol that continues to do real harm to our nation and out future.
Well, that's the whole problem here, everyone has their own version of "the truth". You seem to think all of those bullet points constitute suppression, whereas conservatives see it as minimizing the risk of fraud.

The fact that you call it the "the truth" doesn't make it so. It's YOUR truth, which may not necessarily correspond to the actual truth.

<p>

Carolina...

Florida....

Well, that's the whole problem here, everyone has their own version of "the truth". You seem to think all of those bullet points constitute suppression, whereas conservatives see it as minimizing the risk of fraud.

The fact that you call it the "the truth" doesn't make it so. It's YOUR truth, which may not necessarily correspond to the actual truth.
Don't you dare say "conservatives."

Why? Illinois had a primary on Tuesday. There were several Republicans worthy of a vote. And there were several I would never vote for. Abandoning the party isn't the solution when the Democrats are the only other real option.
A good point here by Christo. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread