Weapon of Mass Instruction

Breaking Bad on AMC

17,220 posts in this topic

I'm way too geeked up for this.

I'm looking forward to tonight more than I was for the last Super Bowl.

Praise from the lucky bastard critics who got an early look at the premiere episode:

Everything -- every word, gesture, action, shot, scene and story idea -- combines to form an episode of uncommon power and forward momentum. The producers and writers had to make some critical choices, and they have -- audacious ones that also happen to be the absolutely right ones. Rather than methodically steer this classic to some sort of fateful showdown -- a TV version of "High Noon" -- "Bad" scrambles the formula, which demolishes any preset notion you may have of how this all might end. --
Newsday

It’s breathtaking stuff, providing tour-de-force moments for the key characters. Continuing to tease the outcome with out-of-context glimpses of future events, there’s no telling where Bad will wind up. But if this first hit is any indication, the audience is in very good hands. - Brian Lowry,
Variety

Written by Peter Gould (who also wrote the penultimate episode), the return episode is riveting from start to finish and it concludes with an extended scene that is written, acted and shot with the kind of magnificence that is at the heart of why the series is so exalted. - Tim Goodman,
Hollywood Reporter

I'm not going to spoil anything about the return of Breaking Bad, except this: it's as good as it's ever been. As good as any TV show has ever been. -- Tim Molloy,
The Wrap

There are two scenes in Sunday's episode that that rank among the most powerful in the entire series. One spotlights a shattering moment in Norris' portrayal of Hank, and another does the same with Paul's portrayal of Jesse. -- David Wiegand, SFGate.com

Disaster averted.

Wife's crape myrtle was blocking the DirecTV dish. Half of it's gone now.

"Did you also tell him about my affair?"

Jesse - :shock::X:confused::oldunsure:

:lmao:

His reaction is friggin priceless.

1 person likes this

So I'm having lunch in the great state of Texas at a pretty famous burger bar. When you order a burger, you give them your name and they announce it over the sound system which cuts the music and puts your name on full blast. I gave them the name Heinsenberg. The guys in the kitchen got a laugh. 20 minutes later on the speaker, "Heizenburg, your cheeseburgers are ready....B#TCH!!!". :lol:

:lmao:

I don't get it. Who is Heinsenberg?

Landry. Used be on Seinfeld.

He was on Cheers in the background when Kramer was on Cheers. He was also an extra on Phoebe's Cheers episode.

I take it we're going to see Chris Hardwick hosting "Talking Mad" this Spring?

I was "the one who knocks" last year. Tagline "I am the danger"

I think the cancer is def back. He had a scan and was in the bathroom staring at the paper towel dispenser that he destroyed when he was mad about remission. Now its back and he regrets having felt that way. Plus he had a cough again and was taking pills in the flash forward.

I'm interested to see how and why he is in NH or pretending to be but I think he took Saul's out and has been gone nearly a year. Why is he back with an M-60? No clue.

Love the s*** eating grin on Gomes face as he confronts the Lawyer in the Bank

Love the s*** eating grin on Gomes face as he confronts the Lawyer in the Bank

Hey :excited:

Mike's car and Adrianna's car can hang out together for eternity in the long-term parking lot.

My favorite part of the Price is Right thing is that you know that was seen and considered by Gilligan when they decided to sign him. "Are you familiar with meth and/or speed dealer culture?"

I can't read this thread until I see tonight's episode.

Lydia makes things move.

She can be very hot at times and others just average. Scene in the coffee shop just now = smoldering.

Anybody going to check out "Low Winter Sun" after Breaking Bad tonight?

Not sure. The Previews have not thrilled me, but I like Lennie james, so I may catch the premiere.

You got a better option?

Any lame predictions to piss Tanner off?

I say everybody important to him dies and the show closes with Walk overrun by cancer and alone in a hospital. :grad:

I say everybody important to him dies and the show closes with Walk overrun by cancer and alone in a hospital. :grad:

Poor Walk.

Jesse kills Walt.

He won't find out about what Walt did to Jane or Brock, but he gets unknowing "revenge" anyway.

Love the prison murder montage

See you all after the new episode :banned:

WW

This is my prediction. King of the Ashes.

Poor Walk.

It's a shame you've fallen as far as to become a dollar store variety of a fat Canadian message board grammar cop.

Edited by Premier

No way. This series has always been about insane action.

Twenty years from now, nobody is going to say "Wow, remember that Breaking Bad finale where Walt died in a bed!!!"

Poor Walk.

Bob Walk looked like a hobo, but he probably made good money.

Cranston and Paul get much of the praise (and deservedly so) but this cast is damn good all around. Dean Norris nailing the Walt-Hank scene on now.

No way. This series has always been about insane action.

Twenty years from now, nobody is going to say "Wow, remember that Breaking Bad finale where Walt died in a bed!!!"

Agreed. I'm thinking it ends in the least likely and least discussed way possible - hank catches him.

Tagging trees is a lot better than chasing monsters