What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (2 Viewers)

Some of the dialogue about the candidates in this episode and in previous ones got me to thinking.The finality that Jacob and notLocke have been using when describing the candidates gives me the impression that this group is the absolute last chance for Jacob to prove MiB wrong. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Yes, the lighthouse certainly points to that fact as well.

Some of the dialogue about the candidates in this episode and in previous ones got me to thinking.The finality that Jacob and notLocke have been using when describing the candidates gives me the impression that this group is the absolute last chance for Jacob to prove MiB wrong. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Agreed.Also thinking the "Sideways Flashes as Wish Fulfillment" Theory took a bit of a hit last night as Sun-Jin's lives pretty much sucked.

Also a possible Widmore/MIB connection...the stuff quoted in this post...

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...&p=11650080

People wondered why MIB did not really kill the mercenaries (Widmore's people). Just kind of beat them up and dragged them off. But they were not killed.

Was it because he was really pulling them back to the jungle and telling them to pull back?
I'd say they are definitely not working together after tonight's episode
Yeah...that put that possibility to rest quickly.

Since they dragged Desmond out there and there are multiple timelines established, Faraday can't be far behind (with Desmond being his constant). He could probably get everybody back on the same page, but the question will be what each individual ends up as (if alive) after they spit out a unified timeline (or if they invent an altogether different timeline for each character).

Desmond = Human version of a Smokey pylon?

...the result of the hatch explosion? He's all super-charged with mega-magnetism or something?

Since they dragged Desmond out there and there are multiple timelines established, Faraday can't be far behind (with Desmond being his constant). He could probably get everybody back on the same page, but the question will be what each individual ends up as (if alive) after they spit out a unified timeline (or if they invent an altogether different timeline for each character).
I read one guy suggest that when Desmond turned the failsafe key on the Swan hatch in "flashes before your eyes", perhaps he flashed to an alternate universe. In that episode, he acted like everyone has been acting in the alt universe in season 6. In S6, Jack notices bumps and bruises on his body. In S6, Sun feels an odd bump on her head. Well in FBYE, Desmond vaguely recalled events of his island life, but was unsure. Charlie dies in a scaffolding accident which REALLY didn't make sense at the time because we know he made it to the island, but it DOES make sense if Desmond flashed to an alternate universe. In the end Desmond gets hit with the cricket bat in the bar and then flashes back to the island, only he still has the bruise from being hit with the bat. Maybe flashing to an alternate universe also explains why he woke up in the jungle with no clothes on. Although I have no idea how.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm on board with this

kaa said:
Joseph said:
I will say this is making me think twice about KAA's theory.
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
So...you're just ripping this theory from that EW blogger's post from a couple weeks ago?Edit - went back in the thread and read it again. I guess it's somewhat different, but a similar concept. Most importantly, Faraday.

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Agreed.Also thinking the "Sideways Flashes as Wish Fulfillment" Theory took a bit of a hit last night as Sun-Jin's lives pretty much sucked.
Seems like all of the candidates on MIB's "team" on the island (Sayid, Jin, Locke to a degree) have somewhat sucky or at least compromised sideways destinies, while the ones on Jacob's "team" (Jack, Hurley) have turned out pretty good. Did Sawyer have his sideways-centric ep yet? Don't believe so.Speaking of which, is there still doubt that the "Kwon" name written in the cave is actually Jin and not Sun as regards to which one of them is the candidate? The sideways scene in the hotel lobby where Jin corrected Sun's last name as not being Kwon seemed to have clinched it.

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Some of the dialogue about the candidates in this episode and in previous ones got me to thinking.

The finality that Jacob and notLocke have been using when describing the candidates gives me the impression that this group is the absolute last chance for Jacob to prove MiB wrong. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Seems like all of the candidates on MIB's "team" on the island (Sayid, Jin, Locke to a degree) have somewhat sucky or at least compromised sideways destinies, while the ones on Jacob's "team" (Jack, Hurley) have turned out pretty good. Did Sawyer have his sideways-centric ep yet? Don't believe so.Speaking of which, is there still doubt that the "Kwon" name written in the cave is actually Jin and not Sun as regards to which one of them is the candidate? The sideways scene in the hotel lobby where Jin corrected Sun's last name as not being Kwon seemed to have clinched it.
Did you miss the episode where he was a cop?

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Some of the dialogue about the candidates in this episode and in previous ones got me to thinking.

The finality that Jacob and notLocke have been using when describing the candidates gives me the impression that this group is the absolute last chance for Jacob to prove MiB wrong. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Did you miss the episode where he was a cop?
:bag: Sonofa...

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:

I think Widmore's people kidnapping Jin leads us to believe it's him. I took Sun still having her maiden name in the flash sideways as just the two not being married in the flash sideways. Don't think that it has bearings on what's going on in "island time", but I could be wrong. Just how I took it. I think the kidnapping of Jin was far more important.

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:

I think Widmore's people kidnapping Jin leads us to believe it's him. I took Sun still having her maiden name in the flash sideways as just the two not being married in the flash sideways. Don't think that it has bearings on what's going on in "island time", but I could be wrong. Just how I took it. I think the kidnapping of Jin was far more important.
To me it means that Widmore and unLocke think Jin is the Kwon candidate. Sun and the group she's with think she is the candidate. I'm not sure which it is really.

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:

To me it means the Widmore and unLocke think Jin is the Kwon candidate. Sun and the group she's with think she is the candidate. I'm not sure which it is really.
Unless he lied to Sawyer in the cave, I don't think unLocke knows which of them is the candidate either. Nor does he probably care at this point, since he's attempting to get both of them on his side to leave the island.I suppose too that they could also be a combined "candidate" since Jacob touched the two of them together at their wedding. :thumbdown: ETA - Saber's point above

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Seems like all of the candidates on MIB's "team" on the island (Sayid, Jin, Locke to a degree) have somewhat sucky or at least compromised sideways destinies, while the ones on Jacob's "team" (Jack, Hurley) have turned out pretty good. Did Sawyer have his sideways-centric ep yet? Don't believe so.
Except Sun is on Jacob's "team" at the moment, and she just got shot in the gut while pregnant. Can't imagine that being a good thing.And Jin doesn't seem to even want to be on MIB's "team". But I am not sure how that works.

I thought Widmore needs Jin because he made the map they are trying to use to beat Smokey. Not necessarily due to his candidate status.

Tiger Fan said:
David Yudkin said:
i'm on board with this
I thought Faraday was dead? How is he figuring into all of this?

kaa said:
David Yudkin said:
I read one guy suggest that when Desmond turned the failsafe key on the Swan hatch in "flashes before your eyes", perhaps he flashed to an alternate universe. In that episode, he acted like everyone has been acting in the alt universe in season 6. In S6, Jack notices bumps and bruises on his body. In S6, Sun feels an odd bump on her head. Well in FBYE, Desmond vaguely recalled events of his island life, but was unsure. Charlie dies in a scaffolding accident which REALLY didn't make sense at the time because we know he made it to the island, but it DOES make sense if Desmond flashed to an alternate universe. In the end Desmond gets hit with the cricket bat in the bar and then flashes back to the island, only he still has the bruise from being hit with the bat. Maybe flashing to an alternate universe also explains why he woke up in the jungle with no clothes on. Although I have no idea how.
That wasn't Charlie, that was a random guy wearing red shoes.

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:

Seems like all of the candidates on MIB's "team" on the island (Sayid, Jin, Locke to a degree) have somewhat sucky or at least compromised sideways destinies, while the ones on Jacob's "team" (Jack, Hurley) have turned out pretty good. Did Sawyer have his sideways-centric ep yet? Don't believe so.
Except Sun is on Jacob's "team" at the moment, and she just got shot in the gut while pregnant. Can't imagine that being a good thing.And Jin doesn't seem to even want to be on MIB's "team". But I am not sure how that works.
True, but I was working off the assertion that Jin was the candidate and not Sun, so I was focusing on his sideways fate (not married, Sun's father trying to kill him, the love of his life plus future daughter possibly dying) more than hers. Plus that theory kind of got shot down anyway since I completely forgot about the Sawyer cop episode and I don't remember that necessarily being a negative destiny (since he made peace with Miles at the end and got with Charlotte :) ). Somebody can correct me if I'm forgetting something else about what happened to Sawyer being negative.

I'm assuming by leave the Island, he means getting them all together in one place and killing them all.
I don't necessarily think so. From everything we've seen, he's been hell-bent on getting the hell off that island for damned near forever. Perhaps in using them to get off the island, they end up dying, but I think that's more of a means to an end for him rather than him actually wanting to kill them.

Tiger Fan said:
David Yudkin said:
i'm on board with this
if this theory means Faraday is alive, I am for it ;)

Random thoughts:

Interesting that Widmore said if Smokey gets off the island, everyone they know and love will cease to exist. I think those words are important. Not merely die, but, it would be like they never were. Interesting.

Confirmation (insofar as we have to believe notLocke) that neither Claire nor Kate are Candidates and that Claire has carte blanche to kill Kate after she's served her purpose for notLocke. Also, very parallel to Locke's usefulness to Smokey in his loophole plan to get the people to come back to the island together.

Do the conditions to get back on the island have to mirror the conditions for notLocke getting off the island?

Tiger Fan said:
David Yudkin said:
i'm on board with this
if this theory means Faraday is alive, I am for it :lmao:
Is Faraday dead in all timelines?

Tiger Fan said:
David Yudkin said:
i'm on board with this
if this theory means Faraday is alive, I am for it :shrug:
Is Faraday dead in all timelines?
Well. Dead is dead. Unless...wait, parallel universe. No, sorry, time travel. No, what happened, happened. Sort of. In that one instance in that one timeline. Except Desmond is the constant so Boone and Charlie are dead and it happened except it didn't and they're alive again. Kind of. Of course Faraday isn't dead.

Random thoughts:Interesting that Widmore said if Smokey gets off the island, everyone they know and love will cease to exist. I think those words are important. Not merely die, but, it would be like they never were. Interesting.Confirmation (insofar as we have to believe notLocke) that neither Claire nor Kate are Candidates and that Claire has carte blanche to kill Kate after she's served her purpose for notLocke. Also, very parallel to Locke's usefulness to Smokey in his loophole plan to get the people to come back to the island together.Do the conditions to get back on the island have to mirror the conditions for notLocke getting off the island?
The cease to exist line had me wondering too, maybe something to do with the parallel reality. First thing I thought when Sun ceased speaking English, parallel reality bleeding into this one and the two Sun's consciousnesses intermingling with one another.

pretty boring episode.

one interesting part, Jack and the tomato chat. Very jacob-like. Even locke-like.

(side note, last week I posted something about the white rock that jacob gave the man in block. First scene, it was rough and fairly large. second scene, on the log, it was wore smooth and about half the sign. Guess the point is that a lot of time of time had passed. not sure why they emphasized that though).

Users who are viewing this thread