What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Projectorguys (1 Viewer)

Out of box very little tweak. Basically 5 minutes to try it.

Think it's pretty solid

Light colors I can see some brush marks.

May have to keep :) how do mount on a drop ceiling :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7IpOfeJJAqTGZLeUx1WFRRUTg/view?usp=docslist_api
I wouldn't advise having the drop ceiling hold the weight, although it might be able to. What's over the drop ceiling?

How about just keeping it on the floor, maybe under a coffee table so no one steps on it.

Yeah I have it on my end table next to the couch. I don't have a coffee table. I might try a shelf on the wall but when I did that I couldn't get the till down low enough. I'll mess around.

But I went from crap this won't work to pretty :excited:

I'll start with just the wall for now.

Invest in screen later.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the underside of a wood floor over your drop ceiling, you can try something like this

The eye hook screws will take the weight off and you can use the drop ceiling for stability.

Thanks.

Dumb last question.

Does the mount tilt the projector or is that all done internally on the machine

The blue gray wall looks good. I played a couple movies and nothing looked like omg the color is so bad.

Once I run all my cables and patch my shelf holes where the speaker is I'll figure it out. I hope.

Thanks everyone

Thanks.

Dumb last question.

The mount will tilt but you'll probably have to look for "keystone" adjustment on the projector to square it off.

Think it's pretty solid

May have to keep :) how do mount on a drop ceiling? :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7IpOfeJJAqTGZLeUx1WFRRUTg/view?usp=docslist_api
Looks good. I projected on a wall for about a week before I decided to build a screen. A screen does make a difference. Never mounted my projector to the ceiling because I have a ceiling fan in the way. My projector sits on the bottom shelf of a coffee table.

Think it's pretty solid

Looks good. I projected on a wall for about a week before I decided to build a screen. A screen does make a difference. Never mounted my projector to the ceiling because I have a ceiling fan in the way. My projector sits on the bottom shelf of a coffee table.
I'll probably get or build a screen once I figure it all out. Did you post what you used?

As far as a coffee table. I don't want wires across the floor and can't run them from underneath

Thanks.

Dumb last question.

The mount will tilt but you'll probably have to look for "keystone" adjustment on the projector to square it off.
If the mount hangs down far enough, keystoning shouldn't be a problem (I think).Also, you could repaint your wall. There are paints that are specifically for projectors. I don't think they're uncommon.

Do you coffee table guys just a have a cable running across your floor

Thanks.

Dumb last question.

If the mount hangs down far enough, keystoning shouldn't be a problem (I think).Also, you could repaint your wall. There are paints that are specifically for projectors. I don't think they're uncommon.
If you look back, I painted my Screen and Regretted it......

If you paint with a gun on a regular basis, I'd go for it but it takes a number of perfect coats up to like 6-7 or more with primer.. I screwed mine in the last coat..

It came out "Ok" but not perfect - I've lived with it for 5 years now just fine but, one day I may just get a screen or use a laminate.

Most ppl cant' see imperfections since the Projection itself is so Awesome..... I see it mostly playing NHL on Playstation when the "Ice" is all White...

I did a little reading on the Maxstar screens that seem pretty affordable on eBay. There were a couple users on ADD Forum that said they worked fine.

Worth checking out, I suppose. I might try one myself.

Thanks guys. Have it siting to the side for now. Will look into a screen soon once I set the picture how I like. Right now it's about 84 wide not diagnosis measurement

Thanks.

Dumb last question.

If you paint with a gun on a regular basis, I'd go for it but it takes a number of perfect coats up to like 6-7 or more with primer.. I screwed mine in the last coat..

It came out "Ok" but not perfect - I've lived with it for 5 years now just fine but, one day I may just get a screen or use a laminate.

Most ppl cant' see imperfections since the Projection itself is so Awesome..... I see it mostly playing NHL on Playstation when the "Ice" is all White...
Thanks. Debating about painting because even with the blue I can see the imperfections. So I'd have to basically space and sand down the area.

I too only notice it on all white background. Right now the old hoke are primed but not perfect. So I'm going to touch up match paint the spots for now.

And take it from there. I'm pumped even with the spots.

Thanks.

Dumb last question.

Thanks. Debating about painting because even with the blue I can see the imperfections. So I'd have to basically space and sand down the area.

I too only notice it on all white background. Right now the old hoke are primed but not perfect. So I'm going to touch up match paint the spots for now.

And take it from there. I'm pumped even with the spots.
What projector are you using? I'm about to go watch Ant-man in 3D on my Optoma HD25-LV. Love that thing.

Epson Home Cinema 1040 1080p, 2x HDMI (1 MHL), 3LCD,

I know it's not top of the line and it was an impulse purchase. Everything is finally set up to my liking for now. Going to spackle and repaint the couple spots tomorrow.

It's not daily use but man for the 3 hours

I've been fiddling with it. It's awesome.

Sure it's off center for now so I can see the light around the picture but it really doesn't bother me yet.

I'm sure in a couple months I'll get ceiling bracket and screen/paint

Eta. PS4 looks phenomenal

I tried taking a pic but you can't see the light outline in the pic. It's only there because of the angle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7IpOfeJJAqRVBIUzJRTXp3ZEU/view?usp=docslist_api

Do you coffee table guys just a have a cable running across your floor
I have an HDMI cable and the projector's power cord running from my coffee table to under my couch. There's about 2 feet of cables that you can see between my coffee table and couch. I could get something to cover it up but I haven't yet...doesn't really bother me much. I have a 50' HDMI cable that goes from coffee table to under the couch and then follows the wall baseboard to the front of the room where it connects to my receiver.

Here's the 50' HDMI cable I used:

http://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Veins-Adapter-Supports-Ethernet/dp/B00FX867JC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1451526807&sr=8-3&keywords=50%27+hdmi

Thanks.

I ran my 30ft hdmi up behind the walls. I have a hole already cut for speaker wires. I didn't use a plate. I ran it over my drop ceiling down behind the back wall. Out a little hole and to my end table

Think it's pretty solid

I'll probably get or build a screen once I figure it all out. Did you post what you used?

As far as a coffee table. I don't want wires across the floor and can't run them from underneath
I used this blackout cloth from Amazon for my screen:

http://www.amazon.com/Carls-Blackout-Projector-Material-66x110-inch/dp/B007KA07YM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451527317&sr=8-1&keywords=blackout+cloth

I built a frame with some 1x4 pine boards and metal brackets to secure the boards together. I had two long horizontal boards for the top and bottom, and three vertical boards (one on each end and one in the center). After I built the wood frame I laid it on top of the black out cloth and started stapling the cloth to the board. I pulled the edges of the cloth as tight as I could around the back of the frame stapled about every 5 inches or so. If you go to the website of the blackout cloth manufacturer they should have some ideas for building the screen. I screwed a few picture frame hooks on the back of the screen's frame and hung it on my wall using Monkey Hooks (these are a wonderful invention).

My screen is about 120" diagonal. Overall, I'm really pleased with my DIY screen and it helped me keep my expenses down.

Epson Home Cinema 1040 1080p, 2x HDMI (1 MHL), 3LCD,

I know it's not top of the line and it was an impulse purchase. Everything is finally set up to my liking for now. Going to spackle and repaint the couple spots tomorrow.

It's not daily use but man for the 3 hours

I've been fiddling with it. It's awesome.

Sure it's off center for now so I can see the light around the picture but it really doesn't bother me yet.

I'm sure in a couple months I'll get ceiling bracket and screen/paint

Eta. PS4 looks phenomenal

I tried taking a pic but you can't see the light outline in the pic. It's only there because of the angle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7IpOfeJJAqRVBIUzJRTXp3ZEU/view?usp=docslist_api
Able to see what this might look like on a 120" screen? Ordered the same model and want to fill either a 100" or 120" screen.

So I'm an idiot.

Looked into a ceiling mount. So I'm messing around and realized I have no way to get power to the ceiling. :bag:

So I'm an idiot.

Looked into a ceiling mount. So I'm messing around and realized I have no way to get power to the ceiling. :bag:
If it's a drop ceiling just run the cord up the corner of the walls through a hole in the tile. For aesthetics, you can cover the cord with a wire channel.

So I'm an idiot.

If it's a drop ceiling just run the cord up the corner of the walls through a hole in the tile. For aesthetics, you can cover the cord with a wire channel.
You mean an extension cord? The projector cord is only 3 feet.I didn't think you could have a cord plugged in above the tile

So I'm an idiot.

You mean an extension cord? The projector cord is only 3 feet.I didn't think you could have a cord plugged in above the tile
That's exactly what I mean. I ran that setup for years. To "be sure" I wrapped some electrical tape around the extension/projector cord connection. Sure it wouldn't pass any sort of official inspection, but then I never invited an inspector over either.

gooscreen.com. Not cheap but makes my $110 dollar projector look good.

Old Infocus LP70+ DLP. Only drawback is fan noise if I'm not listening to

music/movies. I'm still surprised more people don't do this.

Is that a feature of the projector? How do you get two cable channels?

Would think that would be great for video games and sports. If there are multiple kids in the basement!
2 hdmi inputs.My cable box and my ps4. I don't get sound for the one side since everything runs through my audio receiver. But I just moved the ps4 over to try it

I'd need to really run cables if I want two cable boxes lol

Ok my last dumb question.

I've been reading A LOT and having "fights" with the wife about shelves wall ceiling mounts lol.

Is it possible to have a high shelf but not invert my projector and still get the picture down onto the screen.

My projector has front and front- ceiling which flips the image like the projector is upside down

My projector has legs to tilt down. But not that far. It has keystone but not lens shift. I know if it was midway up the wall everytime we stand up we would be in the way.

I currently have it on an end table on the side of the couch so it's tilted and turned which is not ideal.

Ok my last dumb question.

I've been reading A LOT and having "fights" with the wife about shelves wall ceiling mounts lol.

Is it possible to have a high shelf but not invert my projector and still get the picture down onto the screen.

My projector has front and front- ceiling which flips the image like the projector is upside down

My projector has legs to tilt down. But not that far. It has keystone but not lens shift. I know if it was midway up the wall everytime we stand up we would be in the way.

I currently have it on an end table on the side of the couch so it's tilted and turned which is not ideal.
If you want to place the projector high, you'll have to invert the image. If you need to, just rig it so the projector just sits off the shelf like a centimeter and invert the image. The projector won't be sitting on any buttons and you can project down to the screen.

With LED TVs as cheap as they are today, why on earth would someone buy a projector?
No one's ever walked into my house and said, wow look at that lcd. Plenty of people have wowed about the 106" projector. Watching movies and sports on a projector is significantly superior to watching them on a 50 or 60" tv.

With LED TVs as cheap as they are today, why on earth would someone buy a projector?
How much is a 100 inch TV?
This. Go buy 4 60" LEDs, stack them in two columns side by side and arrange to have the picture split and synched so the four screens add up to one picture. You now have the equivalent of a 120" projector screen (except for the bezels breaking up the picture, of course). How cheap was it to do that?

This. Go buy 4 60" LEDs, stack them in two columns side by side and arrange to have the picture split and synched so the four screens add up to one picture. You now have the equivalent of a 120" projector screen (except for the bezels breaking up the picture, of course). How cheap was it to do that?
Interesting. I guess I assumed something like a 65" TV was "big enough" for folks, and that the trade off of having to sit in the dark all day wouldn't be worth it. But to each his own.

Interesting. I guess I assumed something like a 65" TV was "big enough" for folks, and that the trade off of having to sit in the dark all day wouldn't be worth it. But to each his own.
That's because you don't know anything about projectors. No need to sit in the dark--mine is fine in a well-lit room. You need to stop assuming. You know what they say about that.

1080p here. Some channels look better than others. I lose a little quality because of my current off to the side and distancr setup but it's been awesome. And I'm on my crappy wall.

Probably not as sharp as the tv but that's my wall not the projector and on default settings. For 600 bucks it's awesome

Users who are viewing this thread