What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (15 Viewers)

Ex-Bucs DT Gerald McCoy visiting Browns on Friday [TODAY]

McCoy has told teams interested in his services that he will first visit the Cleveland Browns,..

...If Dorsey believes McCoy is a good fit, the Browns have money to spend if they really want him. As of Thursday, the Browns sit on $33.3 million in available salary cap space.

In the event of a signing, the Browns interior defensive line would boast McCoy, Sheldon Richardson and Larry Ogunjobi, giving the unit flexibility for a rotation.
We might be signing one of the best DTs in the league to make what was the weakest position on the team a strength.

Found last year's big board in Feb of 2018.  Williams was the 8th projected pick.

8. Andraez (Greedy) Williams, CB, LSU: Another projection based on talent and a small window of production, Williams had a breakout redshirt freshman year. He finished fourth nationally with six interceptions, and PFF College rated him 26th nationally among cornerbacks with an 85.9 grade. At 6-foot-2, 182 pounds Williams has the length that NFL scouts salivate over. He’s also got great hips in terms of his ability to work out of breaks and good speed. If he continues to gain weight and improves as a run defender (he ranked 31th among corners in that category per PFF), Williams should be the top corner off the board in the 2019 draft class.

If we let him be him then we will probably love him. If we force him to be what we want him to be then we may not. 
It’s as simple as this. ☝️

Fans blow things out of proportion, much like the media does trying to make a story. Media is guilty as charged with OBJ too. 

Where are all those Browns fans (not necessarily in here) that gave up the Browns forever during Anthem-gate? Let me guess, as fired up as I am for the upcoming season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have 4.38 speed, i agree.  
Looks to me like he got in by claiming to know the GM, then went and shook hands with said GM before they timed his speed. 

I’d just leave after getting in and doing the meet’n’greet.  Wouldn’t bother to show off my blazing sub-14 speed.

Looks to me like he got in by claiming to know the GM, then went and shook hands with said GM before they timed his speed. 

I’d just leave after getting in and doing the meet’n’greet.  Wouldn’t bother to show off my blazing sub-14 speed.
solid plan. keep us updated. 

Two things:

1. This whole "voluntary" thing has run it's course and seems to be lost on the fanbase. Not just our situation but league-wide. Call it something else in the new CBA
  2. Browns fans #####ing about star players the likes of which we haven't seen since the 80's is so ####### Browns. If OBJ gets hurt early on they will be piling on the "I told you so's". For all the anticipated success we all feel is right around the corner, this thread is ####### depressing.

Two things:

1. This whole "voluntary" thing has run it's course and seems to be lost on the fanbase. Not just our situation but league-wide. Call it something else in the new CBA
  2. Browns fans #####ing about star players the likes of which we haven't seen since the 80's is so ####### Browns. If OBJ gets hurt early on they will be piling on the "I told you so's". For all the anticipated success we all feel is right around the corner, this thread is ####### depressing.
The voluntary thing was a "concession" from the owners.  It was stupid then and it's proven since.  Players only have themselves to blame for that one.  Instead of having less time at practice demand more money in your pocket.  Because ultimately not enough of them having money caused the panic leading to accepting that "concession."  All it's done is lead to less $ in their pockets and a worse product on the field.

There isn't much to talk about this time of year, so manufacture a story that will generate public interest.  That's the game.  It's on others to not bite at it when that's what the media feeds.  The public has shown time and time again that they are incapable of not swatting at that low hanging fruit, so that's what they're gonna keep getting.  In the meantime, don't mind me - Imma go enjoy my summer and can't wait for the Fall.  Knock on my door when there's real news though.

i didn’t mean to bring anybody down. 

i just get frustrated when people get ahead of themselves on what they’re going to accomplish, especially when there are players who aren’t here putting in the work. 

i love that Mayfield is leading by example, and as long as he’s healthy, he’s going to put this franchise on his back and take it as far as he can.  

They don't need to be in NE Ohio to be putting in the work.  What matters most is them putting in the work, so they're ready on reporting date.  If he shows up and pulls up lame day 2 of camp THEN you can make an issue out of it.  But anything along these lines between now and then means absolutely nothing.

Freddie Kitchens:

On goals for Odell Beckham Jr. next week:

“I just want to see him.”

On what Beckham missed during OTAs:

“A lot. The offense.”

Freddie Kitchens:

On goals for Odell Beckham Jr. next week:

“I just want to see him.”

On what Beckham missed during OTAs:

“A lot. The offense.”
Yea, at first I didn't think much of it.  Kitchens had been covering for him. But he is obviously frustrated by the lack of effort here. I get it, he's a vet. But he is a vet going to a new team, will be working with a QB he's never played with, running an offense he's never been part of. A little effort and solidarity with the team would obviously go a long way. Instead he's out worrying about pimping out his new Rolls. I actually do think this may not bode well for the team.

(Rotoworld) Browns RB Dontrell Hilliard has been taking snaps at receiver in OTAs. Analysis: The 2018 UDFA has also drawn praise from RBs coach Stump Mitchell for his work as a pass catcher out of the backfield in Duke Johnson's absence. Hilliard touched the ball nine times as a rookie, which each handle coming via the air. Hilliard's 53-man roster odds are looking good, while he could eventually slot in as the No. 3 back behind Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt if Johnson gets his desired trade.

Is today the day we hear about Gerald McCoy becoming a Brown - just in time to be at camp on Tuesday?

Signing with Carolina
Jeremy Fowler‏Verified account @JFowlerESPN

It’s my understanding Browns weren’t touching the $10.25 million Gerald McCoy can get from Carolina. Cleveland basically wanted him to take a fairly sizable pay cut. Panthers viewed him as more than $8 M player, and the man who took his job, Suh, helped case w/ big money from TB

6:38 PM - 3 Jun 2019

---------------------------------

Pete Smith‏ @_PeteSmith_

#Browns: Gerald McCoy says he wants to play for contender, instead signs with mediocre #Panthers for shot at revenge

OBJ and Duke in Berea...as reported by MKC and her unnamed sources.  I'm glad she dug deep for this info and protected her sources.  It's a tough job she has.

Joe Thomas appropriately put this OBJ non-story in its place yesterday.
He definitely did and plopped it right onto Grossi's twitter feed.  If anyone other than Joe Thomas would've laid it out like that to Grossi, we'd have been blocked immediately.

Soulfly3 said:
Beckham hasnt seen a ball thrown like that in his nfl career
See clip of perfectly timed pass.

--------------------------------------------------

Daryl Ruiter‏Verified account @RuiterWrongFAN

Baker to OBJ #Browns

Baker to OBJ #Browns

-----------------------------------------

Kevin Cole‏ @KevinColePFF

Beckham has something new to get used: coming out of his break expecting the ball in stride. YAC alert

Do you think that most Browns will get draft in-line with ADP?
Based on current adp's on fantasypros I'd pick OBJ (16), Chubb (18), and Baker (88) ahead of adp.  I imagine I won't be able to get both OBJ and Chubb though.  If I got Chubb I'd think about Hunt (87), but it'd depend on the leeg.  I'd also consider Juice (59), but looking at players in his neighborhood would probably end up with someone else.  If I got OBJ then I'm not picking either Juice or Hunt.  I think Chief is valued about right (78), but I'm picking Baker before him.  So if he falls below Hunter Henry and is available after I pick Baker I'd think about it.

...We have a hole in the secondary and got rid of slow dudes.

Dorsey's second pick was a speedy corner.

I want Greedy if at all possible.
I re-watched a few games last year and focused in on Mitchell and Carrie and we really did need an upgrade to pair with Denzel.

This is from five days ago.

Cleveland Browns News: Greedy Williams working with first-team defense 

When the Cleveland Browns selected cornerback Greedy Williams in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft, the team was ecstatic with the value of drafting a first-round prospect falling into their laps.

However, just because Williams was viewed as a first-rounder entering the draft did not guarantee he would be instantly given a starting job on the Browns defense.

...It is still very early, so it is hard to say who is playing with the first-team now will be playing with the first-team unit in August and September. But if Williams can show he is picking up the NFL style of play at this point of the offseason, it could help his case of becoming a starter to start the season.
This is from yesterday.

13 observations from Day 1 of Browns minicamp  

12. Greedy Williams got his hands on a couple of footballs during seven-on-seven and team drills – and even should’ve had an interception that he dropped. The second-round pick has had a good showing so far this spring.
Next step is when the pads come on but so-far so-good.

Member that time Huebola started an undrafted rookie week 1 after spending part of camp injured and never getting any reps with the ones?

Good times. 

2nd Greedy video pretty cool. 
ABOUT GREEDY WILLIAMS   

ABOUT GREEDY WILLIAMS  

...disclaimer: We really have to wait until they put the pads on in training camp because there is no tackling in the spring. ...

...Which brings us to Greedy Williams, who quickly secured the starting cornerback spot across from Denzel Ward. Like Ward, the fluid, quick and athletic Williams seems to be a natural at the position.

Veteran safety Morgan Burnett told a few of us media types how “almost instantly” he could see something special in Williams. The comments we’re hearing now about the second-rounder from LSU match what was said about Ward a year ago.

The John Dorsey front office believes defensive backs are like pitchers in baseball – just when you think you have enough, you don’t. Someone is injured, something happens.

A year ago, Mitchell broke his wrist. Ward had multiple concussions. E.J. Gaines had concussion problems, and is no longer with the team.

The Browns are likely to start five defensive backs and two linebackers. T.J. Carrie will cover slot receivers. Newcomer Chris Murray also can help in that role.

Even if he doesn’t start, Williams is likely to play a lot – immediately.
Greedy Williams quickly gets past questioning whether he fits in NFL, starts making plays in starting lineup  

Greedy Williams had a pick-six of Baker Mayfield. He held his own against Odell Beckham Jr. He became a fixture on the first-team defense...

...Coordinator Steve Wilks mixes up the calls for the corners, and the 6-foot-2, 185-pound Williams had to get used to the variety, including playing more off coverage.

“It’s a lot of change-up, but nothing was just uncomfortable. Everything was understandable,” Williams said. “I just needed the reps at it. Once I got comfortable with it, I was able to dominate.”

Williams quickly found himself working opposite Denzel Ward with the starters,
Really good stuff developing off-man coverage skills with loose hips shown in videos you linked and already lining up with the ones but still need to see everyone in pads but real good news so-far.

He has looked  like a 1st round corner and that is what I thought we'd gotten.

------------------------------------------------

Kyle Kelly‏ @ByKyleKelly

#Browns GM John Dorsey on Greedy Williams: I thought he would have been one of the first five picks off the board [today.]

5:36 PM - 26 Apr 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
any recommendations for Browns boards?

i’m not doing much fantasy football anymore and this place has become somewhat of a dumpster fire. 

any recommendations for Browns boards?

i’m not doing much fantasy football anymore and this place has become somewhat of a dumpster fire. 
I would be stunned if you find a browns bored that isn't also a dumpster fire. Just a different kind of one. Maybe something with obr isn't, but if you strike out there I wouldn't go any further. 

Users who are viewing this thread