What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (3 Viewers)

Raider Nation said:
I have a hundred dollar ticket for Dallas to win the NFC at 19-1

A buddy has a hundred dollar ticket for MIN to win the NFC for 9.5 - 1

Should I partner with him- giving me $50 on my Dallas ticket in exchange for $50 of his Min action? My heart says no- I am throwing away $500 for peace of mind and my brain says getting a hedge at 3x current value is a value hedge I should go for.
I'd sit tight. Dallas is playing as well as anyone in the NFL right now.
I would partner with him in a hearbeat. Dallas has played well, but i don't know how you can have any confidence in them. Do you really think Wade Phillips, who has never won a playoff game, can have them win 3 in a row, likely with 1 in New Orleans and 1 in Minny. and if you want to really rely on Suisham if the game is close, good luck. as for the game tonight, i will play more in live betting. a little on the Birds for now, and hopefuly the line gets better.
no doubt i am a Cowboys hater, but i think you would have to be nuts to think they will catch up here. i know Farve is over-rated as well. i think the bet next week is definately New Orleans
Very stupid if you think he should have partnered up. Just because you think they would have a tough time going to the SB because of going to Minn and NO. Let me ask, going into yesterdays game would you rather have dallas at 19:1 or Minn at 9:1? Hint, the line today was -135 no vig Minn favored...

no doubt i am a Cowboys hater, but i think you would have to be nuts to think they will catch up here. i know Farve is over-rated as well. i think the bet next week is definately New Orleans
Favre might be overrated if you say he is a top 5 QB in the NFL, but he isn't far off from that, easily within top 10. With that defense and those weapons on offense, top 10 is enough to compete. He will make mistakes but few can put the ball in the place he did on Sid's 1st TD catch.

This is a much different game had the Cowpies gone for it (and converted) on 4th and 1 on that first drive.
Well, that's what the Cowboys get with Wade Phillips. 4th and 1 or a 48 yd fg? Once again, dumb.

Very stupid if you think he should have partnered up. Just because you think they would have a tough time going to the SB because of going to Minn and NO. Let me ask, going into yesterdays game would you rather have dallas at 19:1 or Minn at 9:1? Hint, the line today was -135 no vig Minn favored...
You make some valid points, but this Cowboys team has been playing over their head for the last few weeks. The Eagles went belly up with 4 of their 5 OL out, and it made the Cowboys look better then they are. i think the chance of the Cowboys making the SB would have to be much more then 19:1 for me to consider, but that is me and bias opinion against this vile team.

be nice if SB grades props all quickstyle before the Jets game.

ETA:

wow, sack wagers already graded. That is first

Last edited by a moderator:
Me: dad put 100 on the vikes with the under.

Dad: can't leave the strip club, you got the chargers -8, nothing else.

Me: #### but proud

Want to dump more on SD, but 9 is a lot of points. I'll stick with the 3x I have at -7.5. good luck everybody.

Thanks Felix for winning my max bet on the over. And romo un 23 completions +105. Finally I run good at the end of the game and get lucky.

Because I find it very hard to believe that the AFC and NFC championships will be comprised solely of #1 and #2 seeds, I am taking the Jets +320. And because the only way I can see them winning is going under, I am going to parlay it with the under.

Raider Nation said:
I believe he's referring to the announcement of your MAX BET HIT on Felix as the gun went off.
Go check this thread a few days ago. I posted it and we had some discussion about it. Over 58' -115. Yes, I got very lucky, it should have lost. As should have Romo over completions. Why would I make up bets? It's stupid, I'm not trying to "impress" anyone here?

Because I find it very hard to believe that the AFC and NFC championships will be comprised solely of #1 and #2 seeds, I am taking the Jets +320. And because the only way I can see them winning is going under, I am going to parlay it with the under.
I literaly just pulled the trigger on the same wager except I took the 9 points. I also have a 20 to win 110 parlay open on the Jets money line otherwise I would have taken the ML. I think the Chargers are the better team, but I have a feeling the Jets are going to make it a game. I hate the Jets, but they have a lot of what I remember in the 2001 Patriots in them. So much money has poured in on the Chargers, and thats agianst a NY team. I just think it's gone a bit to far.Some other props...LaDainian Tomlinson (Chargers) Total Rushing Yards Under 59.5Jets vs Chargers - Total Punts by BOTH Teams over 10.5 +130Will there be a Defensive or Special Teams Touchdown Yes +145Jets vs Chargers - Shortest Made Field Goal of the Game Over 26.5

The Ref said:
cosjobs said:
I literaly just pulled the trigger on the same wager except I took the 9 points. I also have a 20 to win 110 parlay open on the Jets money line otherwise I would have taken the ML. I think the Chargers are the better team, but I have a feeling the Jets are going to make it a game. I hate the Jets, but they have a lot of what I remember in the 2001 Patriots in them. So much money has poured in on the Chargers, and thats agianst a NY team. I just think it's gone a bit to far.Some other props...

LaDainian Tomlinson (Chargers) Total Rushing Yards Under 59.5

Jets vs Chargers - Total Punts by BOTH Teams over 10.5 +130

Will there be a Defensive or Special Teams Touchdown Yes +145

Jets vs Chargers - Shortest Made Field Goal of the Game Over 26.5
:no:

Coaches are stupid, Phil Simms is absolutely correct. Why call TO when you can challenge the play? Dumb.
and 5 minutes later has to let Revis is one of the best CB's, because the ball bounces off of Vincent Jackson's foot into Revis's hands. A heads up play, definately, the defining moment of a top CB, I do not believe so.

Must...resist...betting SD ML in live betting...

And pulling a MP, yay for Greene o13.5 carries. Thanks Jay Glazer!

Must...resist...betting SD ML in live betting...And pulling a MP, yay for Greene o13.5 carries. Thanks Jay Glazer!
the live betting line on SD is horrible
I know...but if they get stopped here and it comes back at +, do you play it?
I will be...but I'm being stubborn, NYJ is the right play here
I just think SD is still going to win this. But the Jets are playing awesome defense. I just don't think their offense has shown anything. Then again 10-7 might hold up.

Must...resist...betting SD ML in live betting...And pulling a MP, yay for Greene o13.5 carries. Thanks Jay Glazer!
the live betting line on SD is horrible
I know...but if they get stopped here and it comes back at +, do you play it?
I will be...but I'm being stubborn, NYJ is the right play here
I just think SD is still going to win this. But the Jets are playing awesome defense. I just don't think their offense has shown anything. Then again 10-7 might hold up.
I played SD +160 at greek :wall:

It dropped from +160 to +130 at Betus in a heartbeat...ugh...

Wow...wow...wow...Game over.

Coaches are stupid, Phil Simms is absolutely correct. Why call TO when you can challenge the play? Dumb.
and 5 minutes later has to let Revis is one of the best CB's, because the ball bounces off of Vincent Jackson's foot into Revis's hands. A heads up play, definately, the defining moment of a top CB, I do not believe so.
there you go Phil: "I wouldn't call that dumb (referring to Vincent Jackson kicking the challenge flag)." REALYY? Your team is down 2 TD's, and this is the playoffs, but a 15 yard penalty for no reason at all isn't dumb :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread