What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Pitt Bull attack (1 Viewer)

Yeah well, that and people are stupid.
Agreed.  A lot of people out there who drink way too much alcohol or are unhealthy that would rather complain about some random dog that is 1,000 miles away.  I can't imagine ever having my priorities mixed up like that.  Can you?  

Agreed.  A lot of people out there who drink way too much alcohol or are unhealthy that would rather complain about some random dog that is 1,000 miles away.  I can't imagine ever having my priorities mixed up like that.  Can you?  
Oats being fat and drunk doesn't generally result in an innocent party being mauled to death.  Mrs. O made her choices.

tjnc09 said:
So if one is fat and drunk one can't be concerned with other deaths that were preventable?  That doesn't make any sense.

So if one is fat and drunk one can't be concerned with other deaths that were preventable?  That doesn't make any sense.
Having an overweight and/or alcoholic parent will reduce the life expectancy of one's child more drastically than any dog will.  Whining about a dog for 10 years on the Internet instead of being a better example in real life doesn't make much sense to me.  

glad it seems like the Pit Bulls have finally been reigned in and we have less attacks. Maybe it is just during the NFL season? Either way, maybe this thread worked and has solved the issue dog attacks in our society?  :drive:

When you’re stuck in the awkward position of defending animals that brutally murder lots of innocent people, you have to take some liberties with things like logic and reason. 
Animals do not murder, they kill.  

Having an overweight and/or alcoholic parent will reduce the life expectancy of one's child more drastically than any dog will.  Whining about a dog for 10 years on the Internet instead of being a better example in real life doesn't make much sense to me.  
Perhaps if you viewed it not as whining but rather as an effort to raise awareness, time generously given so that others may avoid tragedy and heartache.

Animals do not murder, they kill.  

Perhaps if you viewed it not as whining but rather as an effort to raise awareness, time generously given so that others may avoid tragedy and heartache.
:lmao: awareness?  The audience here has been basically the same seven or eight people for a decade.

Why is that the majority (all?) of the people complaining about pitbulls have been/are really unhealthy?  It's mind boggling that people would prioritize whining about a dog on the internet (having accomplished absolutely nothing) while sacrificing time to improve their own health.  

Let's check the leading causes of deaths for Americans per the CDC and understand this uncontrollable outrage over a breed of dog.  Oh wait, heart disease is the leading cause of Americans, not pitbulls.  :shuked:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 647,457

Cancer: 599,108

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404

Diabetes: 83,564

Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633

Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Why is that the majority (all?) of the people complaining about pitbulls have been/are really unhealthy?  It's mind boggling that people would prioritize whining about a dog on the internet (having accomplished absolutely nothing) while sacrificing time to improve their own health.  
Outside of Otis (who is likely far more healthy than you perceive him to be), who are you referring to with this observation?  I certainly hope it’s not me. You oddly brought up a reference I made to a drinking game I participated in during college over 30 years ago when I was 18. I now consume maybe 4-5 alcoholic drinks at most in a month, and my time ratio of working out to whining about a dog on the Internet has to be about 10,000:1

And if it’s not me you’re referring to, then who?  Since you are so are committed to making this point repeatedly, perhaps you can provide a list of these unhealthy people you are talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be one of the most unfairly and off-topic personal digs I’ve ever seen in this forum.  I’m sure you weren’t intending to reference the life expectancy of my son, but man, what a ####ty thing to say. 

Let's check the leading causes of deaths for Americans per the CDC and understand this uncontrollable outrage over a breed of dog.  Oh wait, heart disease is the leading cause of Americans, not pitbulls.  :shuked:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 647,457

Cancer: 599,108

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404

Diabetes: 83,564

Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633

Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
Finally, since you want to focus on children’s health, I’ll note that cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children. It is also the second leading cause of death overall for children after accidents. Following the passing of my son, my wife and I started a foundation that, in addition to providing support services for children with cancer, also funds critical medical research into pediatric cancer treatments and cures, with a particular focus on brain cancer, which is the deadliest form of cancer in children. The posters here at FBGs, including Otis and many, many others, have been huge supporters of this Foundation and our efforts to advance science in this area and one day find a cure. To date, our Foundation has funded $350,000 in medical research grants. And the people here in this forum have been a huge part of this amazing cause.

So before you conclude that people here don’t give a #### about children’s health simply because they share an opinion in a thread on pit bulls, I’d suggest that maybe you perhaps take a moment and consider the possibility that you don’t have a ####### clue what you are talking about when you take these broad personal swipes at the posters here.

Look, I get that Otis is quite dickish in the way he makes his points in this thread.  That’s pretty much his admitted posting style and I can see why it would be frustrating to you. But I have to say that this point you keep making over and over is seriously bumming me out. If your goal was simply to get a reaction, consider yourself successful. If it’s instead to shame others into refraining from participating in the discussion (why are you whining about a dog on the Internet when your personal life choices are shortening the life expectancy of your children?”), you may end up being successful there as well. Congrats, I guess.

Mods: If this post is ban-worthy, please proceed. I understand and won’t take it personally. 

This might be one of the most unfairly and off-topic personal digs I’ve ever seen in this forum.  I’m sure you weren’t intending to reference the life expectancy of my son, but man, what a ####ty thing to say. 
I don’t think he’s smart enough to have those intentions. Don’t let an idiot like that bother you at all. You’ve been through more than enough. 

I wasn't talking about your son.  I'm very sorry for the loss of your son.  The work you do in his memory is truly inspiring and it's very rare for someone to be that selfless to do what you do.

I was talking about preventable deaths.  Complaining about something that kills 30 Americans each year while those same people willingly increase their chances of heart or liver disease is not rational behavior.  Medical studies have shown that those poor choices will reduce life expectancy of the parent and their children more than what my dog will do.  I'm not sure how many times people need to repeat themselves in here instead of taking better care of their health.  

I wasn't talking about your son.  I'm very sorry for the loss of your son.  The work you do in his memory is truly inspiring and it's very rare for someone to be that selfless to do what you do.

I was talking about preventable deaths.  Complaining about something that kills 30 Americans each year while those same people willingly increase their chances of heart or liver disease is not rational behavior.  Medical studies have shown that those poor choices will reduce life expectancy of the parent and their children more than what my dog will do.  I'm not sure how many times people need to repeat themselves in here instead of taking better care of their health.  
Of course you weren’t talking about my son specifically. I know that, and I appreciate your kind words. 

But, generally, you are indeed talking about the life expectancy of my and other posters’ kids.  Again, your assertion is that all or a majority of the posters in this thread who complain about pit bulls are or have been really unhealthy (and are shortening the life expectancy of their kids in the process).  If you’re going to make that bold assertion, why don’t you list the names of the people you’re talking about?

Of course you weren’t talking about my son specifically. I know that, and I appreciate your kind words. 

But, generally, you are indeed talking about the life expectancy of my and other posters’ kids.  Again, your assertion is that all or a majority of the posters in this thread who complain about pit bulls are or have been really unhealthy (and are shortening the life expectancy of their kids in the process).  If you’re going to make that bold assertion, why don’t you list the names of the people you’re talking about?
Is that even the question though?  I agree that Otis overplays his hand in these threads aka is sort of trolling, but tj's argument (?) seems to be "clean up your own yard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door." 

Just strikes me as another flavor of the logical fallacy of the argument from authority - if you are an obese alcoholic, you do not possess the right personal credentials to discuss the danger of pit bulls, and therefore I never have to address the merits of your argument.

The people who live unhealthy lifestyles know who they are.  It's their prerogative to choose how they spend their time over their real life health.  They have to live with those consequences just as I live with the consequences of what dog I own.  

The people who live unhealthy lifestyles know who they are.  It's their prerogative to choose how they spend their time over their real life health.  They have to live with those consequences just as I live with the consequences of what dog I own.  
Apologies for my bluntness, but this is a weak and cowardly response.  You made a serious allegation regarding "all" or "a majority" of the posters in this thread who have complained about pit bulls.  That includes me.  It appears that you have no clue how healthy or unhealthy my life is (and whether it is affecting the health of my one remaining child), so I'm guessing you similarly may have no idea what you are talking about with respect to anyone else posting in this thread, much less "a majority" or "all".  I'm simply asking you to have the courage to back up your personal attacks here.  If you can.

Is that even the question though?  I agree that Otis overplays his hand in these threads aka is sort of trolling, but tj's argument (?) seems to be "clean up your own yard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door." 

Just strikes me as another flavor of the logical fallacy of the argument from authority - if you are an obese alcoholic, you do not possess the right personal credentials to discuss the danger of pit bulls, and therefore I never have to address the merits of your argument.
There have been plenty of informative posts about the breed from owners here.  Nobody who dislikes pit bulls is going to change their mind.  I personally can't imagine being concerned over them instead of things that are way more likely to kill me.  

glad it seems like the Pit Bulls have finally been reigned in and we have less attacks. Maybe it is just during the NFL season? Either way, maybe this thread worked and has solved the issue dog attacks in our society?  :drive:
Unfortunately, the last three stories posted in this thread were all in my area.  The Redskin's lineman lives a couple neighborhoods over from me.

Unfortunately, the last three stories posted in this thread were all in my area.  The Redskin's lineman lives a couple neighborhoods over from me.
A couple comments about the Trent Williams pit bull mastiff mix attack...

1.  He's a doosh.

2.  See above.  Once again and in the vast majority of these cases, it goes back to who is responsible for the dog.  Letting dogs run wild, not caring about the safety of other dogs/people, etc.  The focus should be on the owner....not the type of dog, imo.  

3.  You have to admit, there's a little bit of irony in this particular attack because the "black lab" that was killed....sure does look like it has some pit in it.  If that dog was the one who attacked, it would surely be labeled as a "pit attack" and not a "lab attack".   Scroll down for pic of black lab and for pic of Trent's dogs running wild

1.  He's a doosh.

2.  See above.  Once again and in the vast majority of these cases, it goes back to who is responsible for the dog.  Letting dogs run wild, not caring about the safety of other dogs/people, etc.  The focus should be on the owner....not the type of dog, imo.  

3.  You have to admit, there's a little bit of irony in this particular attack because the "black lab" that was killed....sure does look like it has some pit in it.  If that dog was the one who attacked, it would surely be labeled as a "pit attack" and not a "lab attack".   Scroll down for pic of black lab and for pic of Trent's dogs running wild
Definitely agree on the doosh part.  As for the last part, the fact that a pit/mastiff mix can kill a neighbor’s pit/lab mix by pulling its body through a fence may be ironic, but it certainly wouldn’t make me feel any better about living next door to a pit. 

There have been plenty of informative posts about the breed from owners here.  Nobody who dislikes pit bulls is going to change their mind.  I personally can't imagine being concerned over them instead of things that are way more likely to kill me.  
I agree that there have been plenty of informative posts in this thread from owners. It’s one of the reasons I’ve enjoyed participating in this thread. 

Apologies for my bluntness, but this is a weak and cowardly response.  You made a serious allegation regarding "all" or "a majority" of the posters in this thread who have complained about pit bulls.  That includes me.  It appears that you have no clue how healthy or unhealthy my life is (and whether it is affecting the health of my one remaining child), so I'm guessing you similarly may have no idea what you are talking about with respect to anyone else posting in this thread, much less "a majority" or "all".  I'm simply asking you to have the courage to back up your personal attacks here.  If you can.
lol sounds like a trap to get reported.  The search function works well if it's that important to you.

eoMMan said:

1.  He's a doosh.

It doesnt have to be a choice. Of course he shouldnt let the dogs run free. But we also shouldnt ignore that these animals pulled a dog through a fence and ripped it apart. 

A plethora of yorkies cant do that. 

Well in the last page my posting style has been criticized (dickish!??!!) and it's been pretty clear that everyone is hinting at me being the fat guy.

HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU GUYS TOO

Can we go back to taking shots at pit bulls and neck tats and defending the murder of small children?  I enjoyed that more.

Have these little four-legged death dealers murdered anyone new this week?  
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

https://www.elkharttruth.com/hometown/elkhart/police-shoot-dogs-to-save-elkhart-man/article_61a9849c-7148-5fe4-b1cb-db7ea41c0c93.html

ELKHART — Elkhart County Sheriff's Office deputies shot two dogs on Christmas Day to save a man that the dogs had badly injured, according to a press release.

Deputies were called to 25000 block of  Berry Street on Wednesday for a report of the two dogs attacking a man in the backyard. Police said medics could not access the badly injured man, who was trapped by the pitbull and the pitbull-labrador mix.

A deputy attempted to distract the dogs so medical aid could be provided, but the dogs attacked the deputy who then shot both dogs. One dog died there while the other ran away before returning and being taken into the custody of the Humane Society of Elkhart County.

The victim, 43-year-old Billy Shoemaker of Elkhart, was taken to the Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of serious injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread