What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Pitt Bull attack (2 Viewers)

Otis said:
Yup. The more we talk about this, the more I’m realizing that. My problem isn’t a food problem so much as an alcohol problem. I drank a bottle of wine in a night with increasing frequency. 

Otis said:
Good luck with your dumb animal not killing a kid. 
Liver disease kills 40,000 Americans each year, dogs 50 in a bad year.  Great job having your priorities in order.   :mellow:

Well I guess you schooled me. :thumbup:
Wonder what the life expectancy is of pit bull owners vs owners of lower risk dog breeds. Or vs the general population. We know they are more likely to be criminals and we know people that have been incarcerated have a lower life expectancy so I would guess it is a lower life expectancy for pit owners. 

Wonder what the life expectancy is of pit bull owners vs owners of lower risk dog breeds. Or vs the general population. We know they are more likely to be criminals and we know people that have been incarcerated have a lower life expectancy so I would guess it is a lower life expectancy for pit owners. 
Researchers found a benefit in owning dogs of all breeds, however, the owners of hunting breeds such as retrievers, terriers, and scent hounds saw the most protection from death and cardiovascular disease.
Owners of all breeds live longer than non dog owners.

Researchers found a benefit in owning dogs of all breeds, however, the owners of hunting breeds such as retrievers, terriers, and scent hounds saw the most protection from death and cardiovascular disease.
Sweden has a very tiny % of pit bulls. Probably because of their strict animal laws regarding liability, registration, criminality, and even care and maintenance. 

Another guy who thinks complaining about a dog is more important than destroying their body and the impact it has on their family.  Not sure in what reality that makes any sense.
Yeah, because that is what I said, or at least implied.  Schooled again.  At this rate I will finally graduate the 6th grade, so I appreciate the teaching.

Another guy who thinks complaining about a dog is more important than destroying their body and the impact it has on their family.  Not sure in what reality that makes any sense.
If you catch these guys promoting the idea that drunk driving is an acceptable practice while bashing ownership of certain animals, you might have a valid complaint against them. That would be some analogy that might hold water. But posting about them having unhealthy practices that do not directly affect others is not nearly the same thing and is about as terrible an argument that you could make. 

I'm neither an advocate nor a condemner of these animals. I think many that have them, have them for a reason and that reason is far from admirable. Having met enough of them, I don't think Pits or Rotts or any other breed as a whole is inherently more violent than poodles or chihuahuas or anything else. But if you can't understand the difference the effect of the power, strength, etc of the bigger dog, then you are a fool. If a rotten little hell dog of a chihuahua goes off and attacks a kid - like me as a 2 year old - then I have reconstructive surgery. I almost lost an eye but thankfully didn't. If a pit or some other animal had that same brief moment of bad judgement, I'm not here today - at the very least, instead of a couple of minor scars that aren't particularly noticeable today, I am totally disfigured for life. 

If you can't see that and admit it, then you are a fool. That's not to say that I think all of them should be put to death. I love animals too much to consider that possibility. But there definitely needs to be a lot more common sense out there. That said, I also find some of the venom on the other side a bit over the top. Kind of sad I even ventured into this thread so that it shows starred on the front page whenever you guys post here.

There's really zero productive conversation in here. Not sure what either side gets from bumping it with "yet another attack" just to start up another round of senseless defense of the dogs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a board member since '06 and a lurker well before that.  I've blocked exactly three people in that time frame and have done so because of...(don't get banned, don't get banned, don't get banned)...a lack of anything useful ever coming from their posts in other threads.  I've since come to realize that two of the three are pretty regular posters in this thread.  Color me completely unsurprised.   

this thread is all  :tfp:

SayWhat? said:
Been a board member since '06 and a lurker well before that.  I've blocked exactly three people in that time frame and have done so because of...(don't get banned, don't get banned, don't get banned)...a lack of anything useful ever coming from their posts in other threads.  I've since come to realize that two of the three are pretty regular posters in this thread.  Color me completely unsurprised.   
We may well have the same ban list...

Thought about this thread while out for a run today. I'm in a semi remote part of western Kentucky for the holiday weekend. I'm also training for a marathon. So, I went out for a 10 mile run today along country roads. Along with seeing a dozen or so deer and numerous other wild life, I had interactions with 3 dogs along the way. 

First was a little Yorkie with its owners and the little turd actually nipped at my ankles and then my fingers when I reached down to say hi. 

Second was a rat bastage chihauha that snuck up on me and made me jump about 3 feet in the air when it started barking right behind me. The ran away when I turned and looked at it. 

Last was a pit. Saw him coming from a house a little ways from the road. He is running purposely toward me with a look that says, "Boy, you are about to be my breakfast!" I look around, no owner. He's about to the road and I slow down, give him a friendly look and in a somewhat melodious voice say, "Hey buddy, how's it going?" He immediately loses the butch badass face, starts wiggling like a puppy, lopes over the last 10 feet and flops on the ground for me to rub his belly. We chat a moment and then he runs with me for a quarter of a mile or so. 

Moral of the story... only one of the dogs ended up not being an aggressive turd to me. Luckily it was the only one I couldn't have punted 20 yards away if I needed to. I have not idea what his reaction to me is if I tried to scare him off or if I act scared of him. 

The problem with pits and similar dogs is similar to gun violence issues, imo. Plenty of people have guns and are responsible but it only takes one ###### to do some major damage. Plenty of these dogs are just dandy animals and pets, but it only takes a minute for an animal to go from awesome family pretty to vicious beast. Much like like 99 percent of gun owners are never going to be a problem, most of these dogs aren't either. Regulating gun sales and putting responsible practices in place should be easy, IMO, but we as a society can't come close to agreeing on that. How you do something similar with dog breeds has no chance of ever being figured out. 

You were just threatening to report a friend of mine in another thread and you're pulling this? Get out of here with that garbage. 
:lmao:  that's the shark pool.  

Report me and I'll report the hundreds of posts about what all you have called pit bull owners.  

At a midget football game and low and behold some freakin idiot brought a pitbull to the game and at halftime unleashes it to run around.  What is the play here call the cops and hope they shoot it?   Unbelievable!

I defended them in this thread. C'mon. Don't call somebody an alcoholic. That crosses boundaries of decorum.
If you guys haven’t figured out that that dude is a troll I’m not sure what to tell you. I put him on ignore a long time ago.  Anybody who tussles with many long time posters like biggie is pretty much an auto-ignore for me.  His posts aren’t worth printing out and wiping myself with them. 

If you guys haven’t figured out that that dude is a troll I’m not sure what to tell you. I put him on ignore a long time ago.  Anybody who tussles with many long time posters like biggie is pretty much an auto-ignore for me.  His posts aren’t worth printing out and wiping myself with them. 
Noted. Thanks for the input. 

AAABatteries said:
reality says overeating and drinking too much will lower your child's life expectancy more than a dog will.  Yet, the regulars think complaining about a dog online is somehow a better use of time than parenting the numerous food and alcohol threads.  That is a lot more trollish behavior than defending a breed I own that has helped me stay active and healthy.  

Wait why are we talking about drinking?  Let’s get back to how irresponsible a person has to be to own one of these stupid animals. 

i feel like it has been forever since you guys found the latest pit bull attack and everyone piled in yelling and screaming how all dogs and owners should be eliminated. google'd pit bull and this was the first one to pop up:

https://www.newsweek.com/pit-bull-protecting-florida-children-snake-dies-after-being-bitten-four-times-i-owe-my-sons-1461727
I would bet you a lot of money they are modifying that story a great deal. As almost always is the case with these "hero pit bull" stories the more often these people get interviewed, the more their stories don't add up. They have already given multiple versions of this story if you read the many articles available. Then when you read the incredibly detailed and long gofundme page story, it basically reads like a very long winded made up new version trying to reconcile all the versions. 

More than likely the aggressive un-neutered pit bull saw a snake in the yard and attacked it, like aggressive pit bulls with balls and spiked collars do. One of their kids happened to be outside when it happened.

Eastern coral snakes don't often bite people. They usually dont release any venom when they do. Humans usually have to handle the snake to get bit. There has only been one death since the 50's.

The real headline here should be "Stupid dog torments and murders docile snake"

Headline "Person with no life constantly whines on the internet"
"Hero snake sacrifices life to save humans"

"Pit bull owners make up story to get gofundme money from pit bull truthers"

"Family releases their pet snake in ring with pet dog and makes up story to cover it up when dog dies"

All far more likely stories than the bs they are spewing. 

Named him Zeus and gave him a spiked collar  :lmao: you pit bull guys are a hoot. 

"Hero snake sacrifices life to save humans"

"Pit bull owners make up story to get gofundme money from pit bull truthers"

"Family releases their pet snake in ring with pet dog and makes up story to cover it up when dog dies"

All far more likely stories than the bs they are spewing. 

Named him Zeus and gave him a spiked collar  :lmao: you pit bull guys are a hoot. 
coral snakes aren't aggressive.  There is no way this snake was attacking the kids.  I doubt the kids even saw it.  The dog was probably outside and went after the snake while it was trying to get away.

The entire story is BS.  I give props to the snake for winning the fight vs the pit who attacked it.

"Pit bulls" don't honestly concern me but I have a neighbor who owns a Press Canario (maybe it's a Cane Corso) and those things are friggin' terrifying Hell Hounds. It's a gorgeous dog, truly it is, but every time I see it I can't help but think it is a murder looking for a victim. I also grab my two French Bulldogs and get the hell out of there.
I have a Presa. She’s the best dog I’ve ever had and it’s not close.Pic of my little angel. 

With that said, you are wise to get your pups out of there. My Stella is EXTREMELY protective of her home and family, specifically me, but outside our home she’s an angel.  

Since Id likely have to explain this later and I’ll try to keep it brief...

I did not choose this dog. 

Last neighbor bred them and gave us one.

I said no, dog will be too big.

Wife said “but we need another dog” (our lab was getting old)

Puppy slept on my chest on the couch for 3 months 

Wife says I was right, dog is getting too big.

I said HELL NO!!! You’re not getting rid of my BABY!!! 

As mostly lab owners it’s been an adjustment. Stella isn’t as cuddly as a lab and obviously she could kill a elephant but if you are a responsible owner it just takes patience, a strong will and common sense.      I have spent countless hours working with her and I exercise her daily. I think that’s where most people fail. They don’t realize how much work is involved in being a responsible pet owner. 

He said something stupid in another thread and then I see his comments here and I literally just said to myself, “I need to put this guy on ignore”, before reading your post. 

Confirmed and ignored. 

If only a parent with half a brain was around to know that a 13 month old child shouldn't be left alone with such a powerful dog...

Yup, let's focus on the breed.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dog-killed-2-month-old-baby-ripped-child-legs-father-slept-room-police-article-1.1065711

I remember reading this one.  All parents should use extra caution when owning ANY large dog around small children.  

Ignore para.  They just likes to whine about everything.  Go check out the PSF if you have any doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread