What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

PLACEHOLDER for my ROSTERQB - Kevin Kolb, Chad Henne, Jason CampbellI backpedaled a bit on Kolbs "supreme year" we're all forecasting by taking yet a 3rd QB. Why? Not because I have supreme confidence in my other positions, but I also didn't want Campbell coming back to burn me on someone else's team. This was my only DEFENSIVE pick of the draft really a rare thing for me. RB - MJD, LeSean McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Toby Gerhart - Okay, so I'm stoked about this backfield. I think Hardesty is one of those guys who will be climbing draft boards all off-season, once he learns blocking assignments etc. WR - Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Malcom Floyd, Julian Edelman, James Jones, Demaryius Thomas - Like the group and it provides a real "mixed" bag of different components that apear to fit together well. 1. The starting WR duo for Drew Brees. (sometimes both will be startable) 2. Rivers new #1 WR, potentially for the full season. 3. Brady's replacement to Welker. 4. Rodgers new #2 by mid season perhaps, but a very servicable #3 in the event Driver continues his age defying magic show. 5. A rookie WR with UBER talent. See a theme here? My first 5 WRs were all about supreme QBs. (Brees, Rivers, Brady and Rodgers)TE - Vernon Davis, Tony Scheffler - Love Scheff this year. He'll play a WR role while Gresham will be asked to block on occasion. PK - Janikowski - How much does 1 kicker really contribute? According to my calculations, about 25 points throughout the season. I think taking a WR with unlimited upside is worth much more than that. D - Bengals, Colts
- Like both of these especially with Sanders coming back.VERY unconventional draft for me here. 3 qbs, 4 rbs, 6wrs, 2 tes, 1 pk and 2 dst15 skill guys, 3 of which are rookies... Look out title #4. If it happens, you guys should just quit!

Last edited by a moderator:
1.9 Pictus Cat Steven Jackson RB 7

2.6 Pictus Cat Roddy White WR 7

3.9 Pictus Cat Chad Ocho Cinco WR 15

4.6 Pictus Cat Pierre Tomas RB 18

5.9 Pictus Cat Kellen WinslowTE 8

6.6 Pictus Cat Zach MillerTE 10

7.9 Pictus Cat - Joe Flacco, QB14, BAL

8.6 Pictus Cat - Jerricho Cotchery, WR44, NYJ

9.9 Pictus Cat - Donnie Avery, WR49, STL

10.6 Pictus Cat - Ben Roethlisberger, QB17, PIT

11.9 Pictus Cat - Steve Slaton, RB47, HOU

12.6 Pictus Cat - Mike Williams, WR63, TB

13.9 Pictus Cat - Leon Washington, RB52, SEA

14.6 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bear, DST10

15.9 Pictus Cat - Harry Douglas, WR77, ATL

16.6 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K10, CHI

17.9 Pictus Cat - Tampa Bay Buccaneers DST22

18.6 Pictus Cat - Jay Feely, K21, AZ

7.9 Pictus Cat - Joe Flacco, QB14, BAL (8)

10.6 Pictus Cat - Ben Roethlisberger, QB17, PIT (5)

Both of these QBs have the upside to perform as top 10 QBs on a PPG basis. The best ball format should keep me above average scoring every week.

1.9 Pictus Cat Steven Jackson RB 7 (9)

4.6 Pictus Cat Pierre Thomas RB 18 (10)

11.9 Pictus Cat - Steve Slaton, RB47, HOU (7)

13.9 Pictus Cat - Leon Washington, RB52, SEA (5)

Here's my all boo boo squad. SJax is the stud. Hopefully that oline, QB get him a bump from last year. Piere Thomas has top 10 upside. Slaton and Washington should have rolls with RB2 upside. Hey, they can't all get hurt at the same time this year? Can they?

2.6 Pictus Cat Roddy White WR 7 (8)

3.9 Pictus Cat Chad Ocho Cinco WR 15 (6)

8.6 Pictus Cat - Jerricho Cotchery, WR44, NYJ (7)

9.9 Pictus Cat - Donnie Avery, WR49, STL (9)

12.6 Pictus Cat - Mike Williams, WR63, TB (4)

15.9 Pictus Cat - Harry Douglas, WR77, ATL (8)

Rdub is the stud. Ocho has his doubters, but I'm hoping his ability to be vocal continues his opportunity in the crowd. Cotch should be a steady PPR WR3. Avery is the #1 on a team that seems to be down alot. Mike Williams I have at WR 55. I really like what I have heard about his training camps. I also think he will become a key in the redzone with his jump ball skills. Harry Douglas has been sleeping awhile due to injury. Waky, waky. Gonzo and Jenkins are snoring.

5.9 Pictus Cat Kellen WinslowTE 8 (4)

6.6 Pictus Cat Zach MillerTE 10 (10)

Kellen and Zack have lots of upside. The 5 & 6 pick to get them is pricey though. I liked being able to pair Winslow with a top option in TB passing game (Mike Williams.) Oaklands new QB should bump Zack even further.

16.6 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K10, CHI (8)

18.6 Pictus Cat - Jay Feely, K21, AZ (6)

Kickers!

14.6 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bears, DST10 (8)

17.9 Pictus Cat - Tampa Bay Buccaneers DST22 (4)

A couple Ds I like. Chicago's Peppers addition, TBs young up-and-comers.

Here is my final roster with grades and comments:

QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB [10], & Matt Moore, CAR [6

I rate this as an A pair of quarterbacks with Rodgers one of the STUDS and Moore (at least for now) a starter that hopefully I only need week 10 against Tampa Bay when Rodgers is off. I think the top tier of quarterbacks give a team an edge at that position - this IS H2H so you are only concerned with beating one team, and a "fair" score might survive but not win a H2H matchup. Rodgers is one of only two I would have taken in the second round and only because there wasn't a clear WR pick there and the top TE were gone.

RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5], Cadillac Williams [4], Tim Hightower [6], Tashard Choice [4]

Solid group here that I rate B-, maybe C+ after looking at all the other rosters. I like Mendenhall this year and Caddy was great value. Both Hightower and Choice were outstanding value at their draft slots and WILL score several weeks for me.

WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8], Eddie Royal [9], Kevin Walter [7]

Very solid group - I give them a B grade, but could easily play better if Hester flourishes under Martz and Royal rebounds in Denver and Walter is healthy all year in Houston. Great group for PPR

TE - Tony Gonzalez, ATL [8], Jeremy Shockey [10]

Gonzo is a STUD TE and a game winner in this format. Shockey is one of the best TE2 in this league and the pair definitely gets an A

K - Ryan Longwell [4] & Nick Folk [7]

Two solid kicker on winning teams +

DST - San Francisco 49ers [9] & Arizona Cardinals [6]

Two defenses both rated in top half of DSTs who play both St. Louis and Seattle twice +

+ for K and DST is bye week compatability - Both defenses playing when a kicker is off....Both kickers playing when a defense is off....Both playing when Rodgers is off and Both playing in weeks 5 and 8 when I have two or three starters off at RB/WR/TE. Just maximizing the potential points available for all those weeks - again this is H2H and the schedule play could easily win a game or two.

I know it is popular to go with only one kicker or defense and that may be a plus in the survivor leagues but I don't think it is winning roster building in H2H with best ball scoring.

Overall I give the team a solid B

Sure I like the team - I drafted it.....pretty rare that you don't like a team you drafted and it does well

Great group of drafters here and this league is always fun - see you on the battlefield :jawdrop:

PLACEHOLDER for my ROSTER

QB - Kevin Kolb, Chad Henne, Jason Campbell

I backpedaled a bit on Kolbs "supreme year" we're all forecasting by taking yet a 3rd QB. Why? Not because I have supreme confidence in my other positions, but I also didn't want Campbell coming back to burn me on someone else's team. This was my only DEFENSIVE pick of the draft really a rare thing for me.

RB - MJD, LeSean McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Toby Gerhart - Okay, so I'm stoked about this backfield. I think Hardesty is one of those guys who will be climbing draft boards all off-season, once he learns blocking assignments etc.

WR - Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Malcom Floyd, Julian Edelman, James Jones, Demaryius Thomas - Like the group and it provides a real "mixed" bag of different components that apear to fit together well. 1. The starting WR duo for Drew Brees. (sometimes both will be startable) 2. Rivers new #1 WR, potentially for the full season. 3. Brady's replacement to Welker. 4. Rodgers new #2 by mid season perhaps, but a very servicable #3 in the event Driver continues his age defying magic show. 5. A rookie WR with UBER talent. See a theme here? My first 5 WRs were all about supreme QBs. (Brees, Rivers, Brady and Rodgers)

TE - Vernon Davis, Tony Scheffler - Love Scheff this year. He'll play a WR role while Gresham will be asked to block on occasion.

PK - Janikowski - How much does 1 kicker really contribute? According to my calculations, about 25 points throughout the season. I think taking a WR with unlimited upside is worth much more than that.

D - Bengals, Colts
- Like both of these especially with Sanders coming back.VERY unconventional draft for me here.

3 qbs, 4 rbs, 6wrs, 2 tes, 1 pk and 2 dst

15 skill guys, 3 of which are rookies... Look out title #4. If it happens, you guys should just quit!
Please explain how you calculate the 2nd kicker point differential. I see it as much higher.

Both of these QBs have the upside to perform as top 10 QBs on a PPG basis. The best ball format should keep me above average scoring every week.

Here's my all boo boo squad. SJax is the stud. Hopefully that oline, QB get him a bump from last year. Piere Thomas has top 10 upside. Slaton and Washington should have rolls with RB2 upside. Hey, they can't all get hurt at the same time this year? Can they?

Rdub is the stud. Ocho has his doubters, but I'm hoping his ability to be vocal continues his opportunity in the crowd. Cotch should be a steady PPR WR3. Avery is the #1 on a team that seems to be down alot. Mike Williams I have at WR 55. I really like what I have heard about his training camps. I also think he will become a key in the redzone with his jump ball skills. Harry Douglas has been sleeping awhile due to injury. Waky, waky. Gonzo and Jenkins are snoring.

Kellen and Zack have lots of upside. The 5 & 6 pick to get them is pricey though. I liked being able to pair Winslow with a top option in TB passing game (Mike Williams.) Oaklands new QB should bump Zack even further.

Kickers!

Like this one the best of all the full rosters posted here so far.

I backpedaled a bit on Kolbs "supreme year" we're all forecasting by taking yet a 3rd QB. Why? Not because I have supreme confidence in my other positions, but I also didn't want Campbell coming back to burn me on someone else's team. This was my only DEFENSIVE pick of the draft really a rare thing for me.

RB - MJD, LeSean McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Toby Gerhart - Okay, so I'm stoked about this backfield. I think Hardesty is one of those guys who will be climbing draft boards all off-season, once he learns blocking assignments etc.

WR - Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Malcom Floyd, Julian Edelman, James Jones, Demaryius Thomas - Like the group and it provides a real "mixed" bag of different components that apear to fit together well. 1. The starting WR duo for Drew Brees. (sometimes both will be startable) 2. Rivers new #1 WR, potentially for the full season. 3. Brady's replacement to Welker. 4. Rodgers new #2 by mid season perhaps, but a very servicable #3 in the event Driver continues his age defying magic show. 5. A rookie WR with UBER talent. See a theme here? My first 5 WRs were all about supreme QBs. (Brees, Rivers, Brady and Rodgers)

TE - Vernon Davis, Tony Scheffler - Love Scheff this year. He'll play a WR role while Gresham will be asked to block on occasion.

PK - Janikowski - How much does 1 kicker really contribute? According to my calculations, about 25 points throughout the season. I think taking a WR with unlimited upside is worth much more than that.

D - Bengals, Colts
- Like both of these especially with Sanders coming back.VERY unconventional draft for me here.

15 skill guys, 3 of which are rookies... Look out title #4. If it happens, you guys should just quit!
Please explain how you calculate the 2nd kicker point differential. I see it as much higher.
With 14 teams I calculated average kicker 1 value as PK7, avg kicker 2 as PK21. Then, just looked at how many times PK21 outscored PK7 and added the point value up of those games. What is your method so I can compare?

Here is my final roster with grades and comments:

QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB [10], & Matt Moore, CAR [6

I rate this as an A pair of quarterbacks with Rodgers one of the STUDS and Moore (at least for now) a starter that hopefully I only need week 10 against Tampa Bay when Rodgers is off. I think the top tier of quarterbacks give a team an edge at that position - this IS H2H so you are only concerned with beating one team, and a "fair" score might survive but not win a H2H matchup. Rodgers is one of only two I would have taken in the second round and only because there wasn't a clear WR pick there and the top TE were gone.

RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5], Cadillac Williams [4], Tim Hightower [6], Tashard Choice [4]

Solid group here that I rate B-, maybe C+ after looking at all the other rosters. I like Mendenhall this year and Caddy was great value. Both Hightower and Choice were outstanding value at their draft slots and WILL score several weeks for me.

WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8], Eddie Royal [9], Kevin Walter [7]

Very solid group - I give them a B grade, but could easily play better if Hester flourishes under Martz and Royal rebounds in Denver and Walter is healthy all year in Houston. Great group for PPR

TE - Tony Gonzalez, ATL [8], Jeremy Shockey [10]

Gonzo is a STUD TE and a game winner in this format. Shockey is one of the best TE2 in this league and the pair definitely gets an A

K - Ryan Longwell [4] & Nick Folk [7]

Two solid kicker on winning teams +

DST - San Francisco 49ers [9] & Arizona Cardinals [6]

Two defenses both rated in top half of DSTs who play both St. Louis and Seattle twice +

+ for K and DST is bye week compatability - Both defenses playing when a kicker is off....Both kickers playing when a defense is off....Both playing when Rodgers is off and Both playing in weeks 5 and 8 when I have two or three starters off at RB/WR/TE. Just maximizing the potential points available for all those weeks - again this is H2H and the schedule play could easily win a game or two.

I know it is popular to go with only one kicker or defense and that may be a plus in the survivor leagues but I don't think it is winning roster building in H2H with best ball scoring.

Overall I give the team a solid B

Sure I like the team - I drafted it.....pretty rare that you don't like a team you drafted and it does well

Great group of drafters here and this league is always fun - see you on the battlefield :thumbup:
Best QB in the gameLove the RBs. Caddy is undervalued right now as a 3rd back and goalline. He's baack!

WRs will be the death of you Perry. Ward is old and an injury away from sitting all season IMO. Even if he does survive, Maclin and Hester (who I like VERY much isn't deep enough to carry you. Royal and Walter may not contribute much all season IMO. Very weak wide receiver set, to give it a B stands for Blasphemy. C- at best, I'd really give it a D.

Gonzo and Shockey an A? Maybe 5 years ago... Gonzo is not elite. I'd put the odds of him finishing top 5 are not in his favor. Shockey is too unreliable any more, lingering issues.

Kicker and D? Whatever...

Wideouts bury this team's chances. Very unlike you to go that weak at WR. Being that thin, you should have snagged Demaryius!

Kickers!

Solid effort here. Love the QBs and RBs. You better hope Flacco gets started strong though with that suspension. I hate Cotchery as your #3. He's a WR3 on a team ran by Sanchez and Ryan, HOWEVER, my personal belief is you got bailed out by the SOD Harry Douglas, who I was hoping would fall to me. Much earlier than I expected him to be gone. A+ at tight end. Might be overkill here since there's no flex.

Gonzo and Shockey an A? Maybe 5 years ago... Gonzo is not elite. I'd put the odds of him finishing top 5 are not in his favor. Shockey is too unreliable any more, lingering issues. /quote]

:bs: Scott

1) Gonzo last year in this format was TE#6 scoring 288.70 points, just over 18 ppg

2) Shockey was TE#17 with 170.90 points, more than 12 ppg

I think Shockey repeats that and Gonzo improves as Ryan bounces back and they have an easier schedule against the pass (and easier against the run which means that teams have to worry about Turner/Snelling/Norwood more)

Certainly a better pair and more scoring than most teams in the league this year.......you want to bet on that too?

So your giving me even money that gonzo is top 5 this year? I'll take that bet.

D - Bengals, Colts

With 14 teams I calculated average kicker 1 value as PK7, avg kicker 2 as PK21. Then, just looked at how many times PK21 outscored PK7 and added the point value up of those games. What is your method so I can compare?
Well, seems okay. But, there's the bye week for one plus whatever the % of injury to just the one PK. However, how do you know now that you got PK7 for this year? There's just so much week to week variability as well as year to year variability that I think you give up much more than only two points a week on average than only carrying 1 kicker.I know I lost a couple games by just a few points last year and that could be the difference. Good luck though. I could very be wrong about the way that I look at it.

D - Bengals, Colts

Well, seems okay. But, there's the bye week for one plus whatever the % of injury to just the one PK. However, how do you know now that you got PK7 for this year? There's just so much week to week variability as well as year to year variability that I think you give up much more than only two points a week on average than only carrying 1 kicker.I know I lost a couple games by just a few points last year and that could be the difference. Good luck though. I could very be wrong about the way that I look at it.
Ollie, I don't know if my kicker will be PK7 just as I don't know if the PK23 which was who I would have selected would perform as PK21. My point is, do this comparison for any Top 14 kicker versus a top 28 kicker and I think you'll find that the difference is less than 30 points per week, over the course of a whole season, whereas, finding a Sims Walker 09 or a Sidney Rice 09 is MUCH more valuable, just see my 2009 team, those were too late HITS I had that propelled me to the championship.

rzrback77 squad (bye)

QB - Tony Romo (4) and Donovan McNabb (9) - Really believe that the Cowboys passing game will be consistently used in 2010. Like having a top QB in this format and so pulled the trigger earlier than I anticipated. Felt McNabb was value as QB 15. The pair of Romo and McNabb should keep me competitive with all teams most weeks. Interesting to read the reviews thus far as several proclaim their QBs top shelf. It is important in this league to have a solid QB score and I like the two I have. Scoring for QBs is not as up and down as other positions, but they are frequently injured and I like have two that are solid candidates for top ten. I'll grade B+

RB - Reggie Bush (10), Clinton Portis (9), Laurence Maroney (5) and Derrick Ward (4) - Obviously my lowest ranked position. Really wanted to focus on WRs early and also tried to go with best player from the middle of the draft. That kept me waiting until round five to pull the trigger on my first RB. Although Bush is definitely not a RB1, I like his potential for this year. I think that he will stay involved in the game plan and if he can stay healthy, he will produce in this scoring system. He seemed more healthy down the stretch a year ago and I am hopeful he will run continue to run stronger as he did late last year. I like Portis to be much improved over a season ago, but I think I am on an island or at least peninsula in this belief. I also think Maroney should keep the starting role and hope that he doesn't fumble away that opportunity. Derrick Ward is another solid receving back and could be more involved than a year ago. I definitely knew this would be my roster's soft spot, but it could be worse than that. I'll grade D+

WR - Larry Fitzgerald (6), Brandon Marshall (5), Mohamed Massaquoi (8) Devin Aromashodu (8) Golden Tate (5) and Devery Henderson (10)- Went heavy WR early and really like the consistency of my top two, especially in ppr leagues. I think that Fitzgerald will remain the key to the Cardinal attack and he will be targeted as much as ever, even if they run more. As discussed earlier, I think Miami moves from the run to the pass with Henne and Marshall taking over the offense. Need both of these guys to consistently get points though as my other WR committee players will need to team for one score most weeks and two on the top two bye weeks. I think that Massaquoi will improve on last year and lead the Browns, who should improve their passing attack some. Go ahead and send Aroma to the Chargers! I particularly like the potential high score spiking ability of Golden Tate and Henderson. I'll grade B+

TE - Brent Celek (8) and Heath Miller (5) - Wanted to go strong at TE and therefore took two in the first six rounds. This put me behind the curve on RBs especially and WRs for depth, so I need some good brother-in-law scoring here. I'll grade A-

PK - Kaeding (10) and Rackers (7) - I hope that I did not screw up my second kicker pisk. I was on the road for the weekend and had planned on reviewing my options on Friday morning, but did not get it done. Then my work travel took much longer than planned and I was on the clock mid-afternoon. I knew that I would not have a chance to look at the thread till 11ish, so I just randomly selected a kicker. Knew that Rackers was at Houston and saw earlier that he was rated in Herman's top ten. Did not know that he and the incumbent were in a challenge for the job. Hope this does not bite me as I do believe that the randomness of PK scoring is critical to have two to balance the lows. I'll grade B- with possibility of D

DST - Packers (10) and Lions (7) - For my last round, I could not believe that the Texans and Browns were still there. Alas both gone before it got to my last pick. I do like Coach Swartz and think that the Lions rebound with multiple ints against Cutler and Favre (twice each!) I'll grade B-

Looking forward to further review of all teams and the solid discussion that all of y'all always provide.

Was surprised that Josh Morgan was not drafted. I like him as a late WR selection.

My last WR spot was a decision between Morgan and Robinson.....with more good weapons on the 49ers and the Rams likely to be behind in most all games, I went with Robinson (who I have been high on for several years, so hope he finally can stay healthy for a year).

7 PManning 4 Freeman8 Rice 6 Benson 6 FJackson 5 Forsett4 Harvin 7 Garcon 5 Welker 8 Mason 4 Stroughter 6 Doucet 6 Shipley7 Pettigrew 9 Fred Davis 4 Moeaki 7 Jets9 Nedney
if fred davis is the sod im thinking hes gonna be yall are in troubleno holes anywhere:champeenship:

5.13 Valence Eli Manning QB 11

6.2 Valence Carson Palmer QB 12

2.2 Valence DeAngelo Williams RB 9

4.2 Valence Knowshon Moreno RB 15

7.13 Valence - Ahmad Bradshaw, RB32, NYG

11.13 Valence - Donald Brown, RB48, IND

3.13 Valence Hakeem Nicks WR 17

8.2 Valence - Devin Thomas, WR41, WAS

9.13 Valence - Anthony Gonzalez, WR52, IND

10.2 Valence - Jacoby Jones, WR54, HOU

12.2 Valence - Arrelious Benn, WR62, TB

13.13 Valence - Brandon Tate, WR68, NE

14.2 Valence - Lance Moore, WR70, NOS

1.13 Valence Antonio Gates TE2

16.2 Valence - Aaron Hernandez, TE25, NE

18.2 Valence - Shayne Graham, K17, BAL

15.13 Valence - Miami Dolphins, DST16

17.13 Valence - Oakland Raiders DST25

I felt a bit weird about this team all draft. I didn't plan on being strong at RB but that's the way the draft fell to me. Am I missing something with Donald Brown? The first time I looked at him was in the 6th round. 5 rounds later he was still there. I know that Addai is still the de facto starter, but you have to think Brown gets a bigger chunk this year. I think Bradshaw is severely undervalued at this point in the offseason. I can't see him making it out of the 4th round as we get closer to the start of the season.

I like the combo of Eli Manning and Carson Palmer. I feel like I reached a bit on Palmer but was unsure if he would make it back to me. It's possible that I should have taken Hester at 6.02 as originally planned.

My WR corp is two guys who I think are going to really break out in a big way this year followed by five guys that are all upside. I think Anthony Gonzalez is being overlooked a bit this season. He was Mannings favorite third down target before the injury. I know Collie and Garcon have emerged, but I'm betting that Gonzalez and Manning become fast friends again. Is this the year that Jacoby Jones finally puts it all together? I think so. I like him infinitely more than Kevin Walter. It looks like TB may actually end up starting two rookie WRs this year. I'd be fine having Benn as a WR3 this year. To get him as my WR5 is just dandy. Tate is an all upside pick. If anything happens to Moss I see him having a big role. Moore is the forgotten man in New Orleans but he is healthy this year. I see him being a solid contributor for at least a few games this year.

I know rookie TE's don't usually contribute, but my gut says that Hernandez is going to get a decent amount of targets in his first year. If VJax does indeed hold out or get traded, would anyone be surprised if Gates got 150 targets? 160? As long as that foot injury doesn't flare up I can't see how Gates doesn't finish as TE1 with at least 90 catches and 10 TD's

Due to the lack of a true stud at WR, I felt that it was more important to add a 7th one then a 2nd kicker. Miami should again be solid on Defense and I think Oakland D is better than people think. Getting to play Denver and KC twice helps.

Overall I think this team has a real shot of getting me back to the title game for a third time in four years if one of my WR3BC hits it big.

Really??? that is all the rosters and self analysis/grading we get from this group of drafters?

I am short on time right now or I would do them all myself (but of course get nasty notes from some of you in the process)....YO

LHUCKS or BassnBrew or Ministry of Pain

...if any of you are around and have time and want to have some fun, shoot me a PM with an email address and I will send you the rosters and you can grade them

I am preparing a combination comparison based on the draft dominator recap of the draft (using Dodd's projections) and incorporating my personal perspective on player ratings as well as looking at the benefit gained by depth at the various positions. I will rate each of the teams on a four point scale for each of the six positions. In addition, each position has a multiplier that rated the importance of the position relative to the entire team. Each positional rating will be multiplied by the position factor and all these factors will be summed to determine each team's composite score. The multipliers used will be:

1) QB = 1.5

2) RB – 2.3

3) WR – 3.3

4) TE – 1.5

5) PK – 1.0

6) DST – 1.0

Please provide responses on just the above procedure and the positional factors. I will provide the positional rankings when completed.

Ranking the QBs

Team Legacy - 3.90 (Kolb, Henne, and Campbell)

rzrback77 - 3.90 (Romo and McNabb)

fiddles - 3.80 (P. Manning and Freeman)

Sinrman - 3.80 (Brees and Hasselbeck)

Captain Hook - 3.70 (Rodgers and Matt Moore)

ravnzfan - 3.60 (Rivers and Cassel)

Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.40 (Schaub and Orton)

Shadow Master - 3.20 (Brady and Leinart)

Pictus Cat - 3.10 (Flacco and Roethlisberger)

Valence - 3.10 (E. Manning and Palmer)

Twilight - 3.00 (Cutler and Sanchez)

Old Milwaukee - 3.00 (Favre and Alex Smith)

radballs - 3.00 (Ryan and Garrard)

Grouse - 2.70 (Stafford and Young)

Please comment as needed.

I am preparing a combination comparison based on the draft dominator recap of the draft (using Dodd's projections) and incorporating my personal perspective on player ratings as well as looking at the benefit gained by depth at the various positions. I will rate each of the teams on a four point scale for each of the six positions. In addition, each position has a multiplier that rated the importance of the position relative to the entire team. Each positional rating will be multiplied by the position factor and all these factors will be summed to determine each team's composite score. The multipliers used will be:1) QB = 1.52) RB – 2.33) WR – 3.34) TE – 1.55) PK – 1.06) DST – 1.0Please provide responses on just the above procedure and the positional factors. I will provide the positional rankings when completed.
Looking forward to seeing it Steve, but not sure I understand the multipliers (aside from x2 for RB and x3 for WR for lineups)

I am preparing a combination comparison based on the draft dominator recap of the draft (using Dodd's projections) and incorporating my personal perspective on player ratings as well as looking at the benefit gained by depth at the various positions. I will rate each of the teams on a four point scale for each of the six positions. In addition, each position has a multiplier that rated the importance of the position relative to the entire team. Each positional rating will be multiplied by the position factor and all these factors will be summed to determine each team's composite score. The multipliers used will be:1) QB = 1.52) RB – 2.33) WR – 3.34) TE – 1.55) PK – 1.06) DST – 1.0Please provide responses on just the above procedure and the positional factors. I will provide the positional rankings when completed.
Looking forward to seeing it Steve, but not sure I understand the multipliers (aside from x2 for RB and x3 for WR for lineups)
Multipliers reflect the potential scoring which is greater for QBs and TEs than most common leagues. But that is precisely what I would like to discuss. Do you think that it should be only one for QBs, TEs, PKs, and DSTs? WSIth two for RBs and three for WRs? I guess that I was minimizing the effect of the PK and DST scoring which I expected to be lower than the other positions.

Ranking the Running Backs

Grouse - 4.00 (Peterson, Mathews, Addai, Sproles, & B. Scott)

fiddles - 3.90 (Rice, Benson, Forsett, and Fred Jackson)

radballs - 3.90 (Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, M. Bush, and Tomlinson)

Team Legacy - 3.70 (MJ Drew, L. McCoy, Gerhart, and Hardesty)

Pictus Cat - 3.70 (S. Jackson, P. Thomas, Slaton, and Leon Washington)

Sinrman - 3.60 (Grant, J. Stewart, Ricky Williams, Ben Tate, & Mike Bell)

Valence - 3.60 (Moreno, DeAngelo Williams, Bradshaw, and Donald Brown)

Twilight - 3.50 (Gore, Best, Harrison, and Kevin Smith)

Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.40 (Charles, Spiller, McGahee, M. Barber, & Lynch)

Old Milwaukee - 3.40 (Wells, B. Jacobs, McFadden, Thomas Jones, & Arian Foster)

ravnzfan - 3.20 (M. Turner, Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, and Buckhalter)

Captain Hook - 3.10 (Mendenhall, Cadillac Williams, Hightower, and T. Choice)

Shadow Master - 2.80 (S. Greene, Forte, K. Faulk, L. JOhnson, & Fred Taylor)

rzrback77 - 2.70 (R. Bush, Portis, Maroney, and Derrick Ward)

Multipliers reflect the potential scoring which is greater for QBs and TEs than most common leagues. But that is precisely what I would like to discuss. Do you think that it should be only one for QBs, TEs, PKs, and DSTs? WSIth two for RBs and three for WRs? I guess that I was minimizing the effect of the PK and DST scoring which I expected to be lower than the other positions.
The scoring at each position is only relative to the other players at that position so I think the weight should be equal especially in best ball play where it cold be your fifth best WR who scores, not your second best. The best ball scoring also helps the lower scoring K and DST positions - well at least if you have more than one to get points from.

MOP is going to free up some time tomorrow and try and give us an outsider's reveiw/rankings of the teams.

rzr - I am beginning to think from your position ratings that DD doesn't like my team :grad:

MOP is going to free up some time tomorrow and try and give us an outsider's reveiw/rankings of the teams.rzr - I am beginning to think from your position ratings that DD doesn't like my team :banned:
only used DD for the projections and then tweaked to my preferences. He may have your numbers better than what is shown by me.

MOP is going to free up some time tomorrow and try and give us an outsider's reveiw/rankings of the teams.rzr - I am beginning to think from your position ratings that DD doesn't like my team :lol:
only used DD for the projections and then tweaked to my preferences. He may have your numbers better than what is shown by me.
LOL - I don't care about rankings/numbers other than mine, but I think it will be nice for someone outside the draft to analyze the teams - we all get myopic about our picks/teams

Lookiong at the WRs

Twilight - 3.80 (Rice, NYG Smith, Evans, Collie, Murphy, McCluster & Schlens)

ravnzfan - 3.70 (Calvin Johnson, V. Jackson, Boldin, Wallace, N. Washington, & Cribbs)

Shadow Master - 3.70 (Wayne, Gaffney, S. Moss, Knox, S. Holmes, & Jenkins)

rzrback77 - 3.70 (Fitxgerald, B. Marshall, Massaquoi, G. Tate, Henderson, & Aromashodu)

Grouse - 3.60 (DeS Jackson, Sims-Walker, Breaston, Dez Bryant, Burleson, & Robiske)

Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.60 (R. Moss, Austin, A. Bryant, Berrian, Roy Williams, & T. Owens)

Pictus Cat - 3.50 (R. White, Ochocinco, Cotchery, Avery, Mike Williams, & Douglas)

Old Milwaukee - 3.50 (Andre Johnson, Jennings, Crabtree, Hartline & Steve Johnson)

Team Legacy - 3.50 (Colston, Meachem, M. Floyd, Edelman, DeMaryius Thomas & James Jones)radballs - 3.40 (Car Smith, Bowe, Housh, Mike Thomas, Avant & Heyward-Bey)

Captain Hook - 3.40 (Ward, Maclin, Hester, Royal, Walter, & L. Robinson)

fiddles - 3.20 (Harvin, Mason, Garcon, Welker, Stroughter & Shipley)

Valence - 3.20 (Nicks, Devin Thomas, A. Gonzalez, Jac. Jones, Benn, Brandon Tate, & Lance Moore)

Sinrman - 2.50 (Driver, Edwards, Britt, Chambers, & Manningham)

MOP is going to free up some time tomorrow and try and give us an outsider's reveiw/rankings of the teams.rzr - I am beginning to think from your position ratings that DD doesn't like my team :kicksrock:
LOL - I don't care about rankings/numbers other than mine, but I think it will be nice for someone outside the draft to analyze the teams - we all get myopic about our picks/teams
Afraid it will get much much worse for you Perry. You better step up your game if we're partners in FPC.

One man's view of the Reunion Team TEs

Pictus Cat - 3.9 (Winslow & Z. Miller)

rzrback77 - 3.8 (Celek & H. Miller)

radballs - 3.8 (Finley & Heap)

Captain Hook - 3.7 (Gonzalez & Shockey)

Valence - 3.7 (Gates & Hernandez)

Team Legacy - 3.5 (V. Davis & Sheffler)

Sinrman - 3.4 (Dallas Clark & Gresham)

Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.3 (Daniels & Olsen)

Twilight - 3.2 (Shaincoe & Boss)

Old Milwaukee - 3.2 (Carlson & Keller)

ravnzfan - 2.8 (Cooley & Fasano)

Shadow Master - 2.8 (Witten solo)

fiddles - 2.6 (Fred Davis, Pettigrew, & Moeaki)

Grouse - 2.4 (Scaife & Watson)

Captain Hook said:
The scoring at each position is only relative to the other players at that position so I think the weight should be equal especially in best ball play where it cold be your fifth best WR who scores, not your second best. The best ball scoring also helps the lower scoring K and DST positions - well at least if you have more than one to get points from.
Thus far, am only showing the straight numbers. When I get all the positions ranked, I will display the team totals without the variable multipliers (ie only 1,1,1,1, 2, and 3) first and then we can compare to my factors after that.

We need some feed-back here. It would be acceptable to concur :shrug: or you can post which rankings you disagree with and then discuss.

On this thread, silence is NOT golden.

razor view of the Reunion Team Defenses

Captain Hook - 3.9 (49ers & Cardinals)

Shadow Master - 3.9 (Vikings & Steelers)

ravnzfan - 3.8 (Ravens & Texans)

Sinrman - 3.7 (Eagles & Redskins)

radballs - 3.6 (Chargers & Titans)

Team Legacy - 3.6 (Colts & Bengals)

Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.6 (Cowboys & Browns)

rzrback77 - 3.6 (Packers & Lions)

Pictus Cat - 3.5 (Bears & Bucs)

Valence - 3.5 (Dolphins & Raiders)

Grouse - 3.5 (Giants & Broncos)

Old Milwaukee - 3.5 (Patriots & Bills)

Twilight - 3.4 (Panthers & Saints)

fiddles - 2.8 (Jets solo)

Really like what you're doing here with the breakdowns rzr. I will get to posting and doing a self team analysis sometime tomorrow. I agree with much of the rankings.

Want to see the total team rankings now.

Team Legacy said:
Captain Hook said:
rzrback77 said:
Captain Hook said:
MOP is going to free up some time tomorrow and try and give us an outsider's reveiw/rankings of the teams.rzr - I am beginning to think from your position ratings that DD doesn't like my team :lmao:
Afraid it will get much much worse for you Perry. You better step up your game if we're partners in FPC.
Good point. Sorry Perry, not looking good for you. On the other hand, you do have the team D/ST looking good. :thumbup:

Really like what you're doing here with the breakdowns rzr. I will get to posting and doing a self team analysis sometime tomorrow. I agree with much of the rankings. Want to see the total team rankings now.
and just because you asked, can I get a drum roll......................................First set of rankings is based on one point per starting position. You simply add the QB, TE, PK, and DST ratings up along with double the RB rating and triple the WR ratings.1) radballs 32.102) Pictus Cat 32.003) Team Legacy 31.704) Captain Hook 31.605) rzrback77 31.506) ravnzfan 31.407) Twilight 30.908) Pimpin Ain't Easy 30.809) Old Milwaukee 30.7010) Shadow Master 30.4011) Grouse 30.2012) Valence 29.8013) fiddles 29.5014) Sinrman 29.30Coming shortly the rankings with the previously discussed factors applied.

Rankings based on one point per starting position for the PKs and DSTs, with 1.5 for the QBs and TEs, 2.3 for the RBs, and 3.3 for the WRs. Not a significant change from the initial rankings above.

1) radballs 37.69

2) Pictus Cat 37.66

3) Team Legacy 37.56

4) rzrback77 37.27

5) Captain Hook 37.25

6) ravnzfan 36.67

7) Pimpin Ain't Easy 36.25

8) Twilight 36.19

9) Old Milwaukee 35.87

10) Shadow Master 35.35

11) Valence 35.24

12) Grouse 35.03

13) fiddles 34.83

14) Sinrman 34.73

Looking forward to others contributions here as I should definitely finish higher in other's reviews! :(

Looks right to me. I liked PC's team the best but thought I'm close to being up there. Genius work here. :(

rzrback77 said:
Ranking the QBsTeam Legacy - 3.90 (Kolb, Henne, and Campbell)rzrback77 - 3.90 (Romo and McNabb)fiddles - 3.80 (P. Manning and Freeman)Sinrman - 3.80 (Brees and Hasselbeck)Captain Hook - 3.70 (Rodgers and Matt Moore)ravnzfan - 3.60 (Rivers and Cassel)Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.40 (Schaub and Orton)Shadow Master - 3.20 (Brady and Leinart)Pictus Cat - 3.10 (Flacco and Roethlisberger)Valence - 3.10 (E. Manning and Palmer)Twilight - 3.00 (Cutler and Sanchez)Old Milwaukee - 3.00 (Favre and Alex Smith)radballs - 3.00 (Ryan and Garrard)Grouse - 2.70 (Stafford and Young)Please comment as needed.
Well you will have to explain this ranking system, but let me point out one thing - Teams who have an acknowledged Tier One....ie STUD quarterback are not going to get many games aside from the bye week where there backup "scores". Thus I have a hard time with a ranking or evaluation that does not have Brees/Rodgers/Peyton led QB staffs on top of the rest - Look at their PPG from last year, or projected PPG for this year whichever you prefer - they are ahead of the next groupI think that is largely true with the next group - Brady, Schaub, Romo, Rivers, but you could argue that the owners of those QBs with the best backup might be rated over another.The second QB is more in play if the team's QB1 is more erratic or a younger, less experienced producer - still those combos are not going to rate ahead of the Tier Two group (BTW none of this is to say there won't be players outperforming their draft slot, but we won't have a true handle on those performers and their Consistency until much later in the year)For now my rankings would be:1) Captain Hook - 3.70 (Rodgers and Matt Moore)2) Sinrman - 3.80 (Brees and Hasselbeck)3) fiddles - 3.80 (P. Manning and Freeman)4)rzrback77 - 3.90 (Romo and McNabb)5) Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.40 (Schaub and Orton)6) Shadow Master - 3.20 (Brady and Leinart)7) ravnzfan - 3.60 (Rivers and Cassel)8) Team Legacy - 3.90 (Kolb, Henne, and Campbell)9) Pictus Cat - 3.10 (Flacco and Roethlisberger)10)Twilight - 3.00 (Cutler and Sanchez)11)Valence - 3.10 (E. Manning and Palmer)12)Old Milwaukee - 3.00 (Favre and Alex Smith)13)radballs - 3.00 (Ryan and Garrard)14)Grouse - 2.70 (Stafford and Young)The third group is much tougher to rank and one or two of them could be in the second groupRomo and McNabb looks to be the one group that could if their weeks match up, be in the first group, while Rivers without VJax could easily move backwards

I get your point regarding QBs Perry but disagree. Someone like Rodgers and even Manning aren't going to go crazy every week. Plus there's their bye week and a chance of injury.

I think there's a lot of week to week variability that doesn't get completely accounted for sometimes. I honestly feel that the Romo & McNabb combo is the strongest of the bunch. Not just because I'm higher on McNabb than most, but just because rzr will have a really good chance of getting a very solid number from his other QB if the other one has an off week. I don't see Moore stepping up for you when you'll need him to which I think could be more often than you think.

Last year Rodgers had 1 game under 10 points and 2 games under 20. 2 of those 3 were against Chicago who he'll play twice again this year. So, with his bye that four weeks of production that you need from another guy. Same thing with Manning. Not counting the weeks at the end of the year while he barely played, he still had 5 games under 20 points plus his bye week. Just referring to the QB ratings but you still need to have a second viable starter to overtake a team at that position who has 2 top 8 guys imo.

Another point regarding that week to week variability, I think Scott's team has to be ranked in top 4 or 5 of teams. He's got 3 starters and they're not horrible. Getting the best of any one of their three scores each week (or the best of the two when one's on a bye) is a big advantage.

I get your point regarding QBs Perry but disagree. Someone like Rodgers and even Manning aren't going to go crazy every week. Plus there's their bye week and a chance of injury.

I think there's a lot of week to week variability that doesn't get completely accounted for sometimes. I honestly feel that the Romo & McNabb combo is the strongest of the bunch. Not just because I'm higher on McNabb than most, but just because rzr will have a really good chance of getting a very solid number from his other QB if the other one has an off week. I don't see Moore stepping up for you when you'll need him to which I think could be more often than you think.

Last year Rodgers had 1 game under 10 points and 2 games under 20. 2 of those 3 were against Chicago who he'll play twice again this year. So, with his bye that four weeks of production that you need from another guy. Same thing with Manning. Not counting the weeks at the end of the year while he barely played, he still had 5 games under 20 points plus his bye week. Just referring to the QB ratings but you still need to have a second viable starter to overtake a team at that position who has 2 top 8 guys imo.
I think that the chance of injury is a key factor. I know that both Mannings never miss games, but all it takes is one awkward hit, like Brady a couple of year ago and the single stud QB startegy is a death blow. And the reason that I downplayed your rating was all about Moore. I really like the Falcons this year and the Saints. What happens if the Panthers start very slowly and get to say 3-6. Think they consider going with the rookie? The late bye for Roadgers impacted my consideration of Moore, and not for the better.Solid comments though and interesting that you agreed also verbatim on the lower half of the QBs or did you just not look as close there?

Ollie - I agree about Scott's team, that is why I put him at the top of the third group.....but as much as I like his combo, on any give Sunday would you bet on the best of those three outscoring a Tier One/Two QB? No, but their best scorer could in several weeks and should give him solid scoring even over guys like Cutler who may have more total points.

And I agree about the Romo/McNabb combo....in fact, if Dallas throws more and runs less Romo could well be in the top four, but again in any single week I would not bet he outscores Rodgers/Brees/Peyton.

Steve - no I cut/pasted the entire group and then re-arranged all of them, tiered them and ranked them on my own numbers. And I agree about the injury factor but we can't predict that and Rodgers took more hits last year than I think he comes close to seeing this year and stood tall. Moore was nowhere near my first choice for backups because Touchdown Jesus QB could easily be playing by then, but I had been sniped several times on guys I wanted earlier in the draft and thought in the end game that Moore was the best choice - there were others, certainly Bradford could be playing by then etc.

rzrback77 said:
Lookiong at the WRsTwilight - 3.80 (Rice, NYG Smith, Evans, Collie, Murphy, McCluster & Schlens)ravnzfan - 3.70 (Calvin Johnson, V. Jackson, Boldin, Wallace, N. Washington, & Cribbs)Shadow Master - 3.70 (Wayne, Gaffney, S. Moss, Knox, S. Holmes, & Jenkins)rzrback77 - 3.70 (Fitxgerald, B. Marshall, Massaquoi, G. Tate, Henderson, & Aromashodu)Grouse - 3.60 (DeS Jackson, Sims-Walker, Breaston, Dez Bryant, Burleson, & Robiske)Pimpin Ain't Easy - 3.60 (R. Moss, Austin, A. Bryant, Berrian, Roy Williams, & T. Owens)Pictus Cat - 3.50 (R. White, Ochocinco, Cotchery, Avery, Mike Williams, & Douglas) Old Milwaukee - 3.50 (Andre Johnson, Jennings, Crabtree, Hartline & Steve Johnson)Team Legacy - 3.50 (Colston, Meachem, M. Floyd, Edelman, DeMaryius Thomas & James Jones)radballs - 3.40 (Car Smith, Bowe, Housh, Mike Thomas, Avant & Heyward-Bey)Captain Hook - 3.40 (Ward, Maclin, Hester, Royal, Walter, & L. Robinson)fiddles - 3.20 (Harvin, Mason, Garcon, Welker, Stroughter & Shipley)Valence - 3.20 (Nicks, Devin Thomas, A. Gonzalez, Jac. Jones, Benn, Brandon Tate, & Lance Moore)Sinrman - 2.50 (Driver, Edwards, Britt, Chambers, & Manningham)
I have doucet also7 deep baby

Users who are viewing this thread