What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Two week scavanging trips in the metro DC area, where are they going and how are they still in the Georgia backwoods?  I'd head downtown, maybe china town for some unexpired fortune cookies  

Tracking a truck on foot works 99.9% of the time for Darrel apparently. Lol.   

How old is that truck for an automatic to shift into neutral without the ignition engaged?

Spin dispensing machine with soda for people who like their soda warm and shaken.  
You should totally be a writer on this show. Everyone would do everything right and nothing would ever happen.

Drama?  Suspense? Violence? That's for stupid people!!!

Your story involves seven seasons of everybody on the farm with fuel and supplies for several years and nobody dies and there's never any danger. 

That show sounds awesome!

This is stating what I think is obvious but Jesus has to be Negan's plant. In re-watching last night's episode I noticed something I never caught the first time around. Immediately after Daryl and Rick start dragging Jesus away (after he got knocked out by the truck sliding into the river) there was a still shot of a spider in the middle of its web. Jesus knowing which house was Rick's? There would have been a lot of recon work (by many people not one) for Jesus to have known that.

Again, Captain Obvious here but the still shot with the spider/web was a give away...

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the episode ok. Jesus character looks like fun,  and yeah - his motives will be interesting to uncover. I'm sure all the explosion and mass zombie killing fans will have hated the episode. 

Only minor quibble (besides the oops lake and instantaneous jesus escape and truck climb)- they find a truck loaded with supplies,  but decide to keep scavenging instead of going straight home with it?

The whole thing with Carl and Enid is strange.. the only reason I can think of for Carl NOT to off Deanna was so that the son could?

And Jesus is one heck of a Houdini getting out of those knots in the time it took for Rick and Daryl to have a short conversation and start the Van.. Which of course now is at the bottom of the lake with all the supplies :bye:
Carl basically said as much
Yea, that was after my post.. NAILED IT!!  ;)

I liked the episode ok. Jesus character looks like fun,  and yeah - his motives will be interesting to uncover. I'm sure all the explosion and mass zombie killing fans will have hated the episode. 

Only minor quibble (besides the oops lake and instantaneous jesus escape and truck climb)- they find a truck loaded with supplies,  but decide to keep scavenging instead of going straight home with it?
And why leave the car (to pick it up later)? One can't drive the truck and the other drive the car? Were they in the HOV lane?

Dukes of Hazzard level of cheese with the truck rolling into the river. Looks like them Duke boys got themselves in a whole of trouble.
First minute of Talking Dead basically said the same thing.. "Was waiting for Rick & Carl to coming flying out of the barn in the General Lee"  :lol:
Rick in an interview a couple weeks back said it was Daryl & Rick's Butch and Sundance episode..

More of a Butch/Sundance/Bo/Luke meets Zombies hour. :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing.  This episode took a lot of dramatic liberties, but I can overlook those since it seems to be introducing an interesting character and moving us to a new story arc. 

They were heading back to Alexandria, but were taking a different route back.. My only Quibble was why not have one drive the truck and the other drive the car..
Then again, if they did that then the whole Jesus part is wasted as they just chase him down with the car..

First thoughts on Jesus getting on top of the truck was .. really??
 Then again, he did give them his real name and then said "But most call me Jesus" + Rick saying the knots were loose + Rick & Daryl taking a Buddy moment to talk before starting the Van up and well.. OK, he is Jesus :eek:
Throw in the Houdini move to get out of the basement and wake up Rick and Michonne  with a "We need to talk" and a good build up to the future story-line. :popcorn:

They were heading back to Alexandria, but were taking a different route back.. My only Quibble was why not have one drive the truck and the other drive the car..
Then again, if they did that then the whole Jesus part is wasted as they just chase him down with the car..

First thoughts on Jesus getting on top of the truck was .. really??
 Then again, he did give them his real name and then said "But most call me Jesus" + Rick saying the knots were loose + Rick & Daryl taking a Buddy moment to talk before starting the Van up and well.. OK, he is Jesus :eek:
Throw in the Houdini move to get out of the basement and wake up Rick and Michonne  with a "We need to talk" and a good build up to the future story-line. :popcorn:
He didn't get out of the basement and simply walk upstairs. He was being held at the new doctor's and Tara's place. He left that house and "knew" which house Rick was staying in. Michonne (the actress) pretty much said as much in Talking Dead by stating that her character lives in the first floor bedroom of Rick's house while the rest are upstairs.

He didn't get out of the basement and simply walk upstairs. He was being held at the new doctor's and Tara's place. He left that house and "knew" which house Rick was staying in. Michonne (the actress) pretty much said as much in Talking Dead by stating that her character lives in the first floor bedroom of Rick's house while the rest are upstairs.
Seemed to be the same room they were holding the Wolf guy, at least the room looked the same.. and if I recall there was a locked door in that room :shrug: .

They also mentioned they had Daryl watching until someone else could take over.. So either Daryl or some other guy failed in his watch duties.

The Houdini move was how Deanna got out of the up stairs predicament, unbitten, and into the woods.  She fired 6 shots into the walkers coming through the door and then just gave the rest a bear growl.  Maybe her breath killed the rest?  

Sort of a weak episode IMO, other than meeting Jesus.  Everyone knew Rick and Michonne were going to end up together.  

I guess I am an moron because I just assumed Rick was already hitting Michonne because at the start of the episode she just got out of the shower and walked in Ricks room.  I just thought that was the implication.

Not a bad episode.  Like the scavenging and new character.  Yeah they could have done the escape get on top of the truck a bit better.

Would supplies really be that hard to find in this day and age?  I seriously doubt it.

Seemed to be the same room they were holding the Wolf guy, at least the room looked the same.. and if I recall there was a locked door in that room :shrug: .

They also mentioned they had Daryl watching until someone else could take over.. So either Daryl or some other guy failed in his watch duties.
That very well may be the case but, regardless, he left one house and entered Rick's house (which he knew how exactly?). Last week's photo/spoiler of the car far in the background may or may not be Negan (or may not be legitimate period), but someone (or some group) has to have been casing the Alexandrians for Jesus to know exactly where Grimes sleeps. We're led to believe that Negan shows up late this season -- there are only 8 episodes per half-season -- 6 episodes left so this guy would have to be affiliated with Negan somehow. Anyways, the spider/web still shot definitely has me thinking this guy is up to no good. My guess is he's Negan's plant. :shrug:

If Jesus can get out of a sealed, guarded tomb... I think he'd be able to negotiate a basement door without much trouble.  

That very well may be the case but, regardless, he left one house and entered Rick's house (which he knew how exactly?). Last week's photo/spoiler of the car far in the background may or may not be Negan (or may not be legitimate period), but someone (or some group) has to have been casing the Alexandrians for Jesus to know exactly where Grimes sleeps. We're led to believe that Negan shows up late this season -- there are only 8 episodes per half-season -- 6 episodes left so this guy would have to be affiliated with Negan somehow. Anyways, the spider/web still shot definitely has me thinking this guy is up to no good. My guess is he's Negan's plant. :shrug:
WAY out on a limb here.. Maybe Enid is from the community that Jesus is from ( I don't think he is part of Negan's group myself) .. She see's him brought into the Docs house.. see's him somehow get out and points him in the direction of Rick..

Again, long shot.. But at this point anything is possible when it comes to Enid as she is one strange character.. :oldunsure:

tdoss said:
OK...make sense...let them roam free...let's not try to corral them or work on killing them in the pit.

Hell, if somehow fire doesn't burn, if clothes don't burn, if months old dead flesh doesn't burn, if wood, leaves and houses full of flamable items being chucking into that pit wouldn't burn...block that ONE exit.  I'd be parking vehicles at that thing for weeks.

I don't know...idiots built an entire reverse wall around an entire town...I presume there's just no way of ever building anything that could block that ONE exit...

Pied Piper is THE ONLY way.

I disagree.  Fire wouldn't have been too hard as these things walk right into it.

Another method would've been to build a wall at the top of the ramp they showed (behind the truck that fell area), and have the wall angled to lead them to fall off the cliff.  Dangle some bait out there and boom, a line of lemmings falling endlessly, until they bump their head too hard or break all of their bones.

Why do they even need to find a truck full of gas hiden in the woods?  They are right next to Regan National airport, shipyards, navel stations. All kinds of stuff that catches fire and blows up. 
You know what would work?  Remote detonated bomb on a pig.  Let a pig loose in the quary.  The dead will go nuts trying to catch it.  Eventually they will.  Then they do the zombie dogpile and you trigger your bomb and boom, all gone.  Do that 10 or so times and you're done.

That very well may be the case but, regardless, he left one house and entered Rick's house (which he knew how exactly?). Last week's photo/spoiler of the car far in the background may or may not be Negan (or may not be legitimate period), but someone (or some group) has to have been casing the group for Jesus to know exactly where Grimes sleeps. We're led to believe that Negan shows up late this season -- there are only 8 episodes per half-season -- 6 episodes left so this guy would have to be affiliated with Negan somehow. Anyways, the spider/web still shot definitely has me thinking this guy is up to no good. My guess is he's Negan's plant. :shrug:
Spider web was shown to cast doubt about the character of Jesus.  Rick and Daryl kept talking about the law of averages and such.  It's time they met an ally.  Maybe Jesus is that ally.  They keep talking about a new world.  We know Negan and his gang are out there.  There has to be some decent people out there in the new world besides the Alexandrians.  

Spider web was shown to cast doubt about the character of Jesus.  Rick and Daryl kept talking about the law of averages and such.  It's time they met an ally.  Maybe Jesus is that ally.  They keep talking about a new world.  We know Negan and his gang are out there.  There has to be some decent people out there in the new world besides the Alexandrians.  
OK, I'm coming around to this angle now -- your post (and some outside reading) made me change my mind.

I won't comment further on Jesus and whether he is good or bad, because he's in the comics.

As for the Michonne/Rick thing.  I guess Michonne is replacing the role Andrea had... in the comics Andrea is still alive (even in current issues), is a crack shot, and is Rick's long term lover.  Michonne is also still alive, fell in love with a dude with a non-Jesus biblical name and a pet tiger, then got estranged from him and became a bit of a pirate to balance out her ninjaness.  Anyways, I guess Sasha took over the Andrea sharp shooter part and Michonne took over the Rick Rider part.

Cbyia96UYAE3fPt.jpg

You should totally be a writer on this show. Everyone would do everything right and nothing would ever happen.

Drama?  Suspense? Violence? That's for stupid people!!!

Your story involves seven seasons of everybody on the farm with fuel and supplies for several years and nobody dies and there's never any danger. 

That show sounds awesome!
No, my show would just use some common sense like being accurate in location.  Maybe Rick and Darryl need a map.  That way they wouldn't have to look for barns and jim bob's gas station because obviously their isn't a coke machine anywhere near metro DC.   Alexandria is 8 miles from downtown DC!  You can walk there in two and a half hours at leisurely pace, not to mention Rick and Darryl's sprinting capabilities.  But, I guess they don't have the filming budget to do that like they did in the comics.  If I were going to stage and film a show in backwoods Georgia I wouldn't have the story line going to a suburb of the nation's capitol city.

So is the Wolves storyline done or are they still out there as a threat?
As far as we know done.. The entire "Wolves" attacked Alexandria.. Leader was the one captured, rest were killed..

At least that was what I took from his conversation with the Doc about how in hindsight he should have watched the town a little longer before attacking :shrug:

WAY out on a limb here.. Maybe Enid is from the community that Jesus is from ( I don't think he is part of Negan's group myself) .. She see's him brought into the Docs house.. see's him somehow get out and points him in the direction of Rick..

Again, long shot.. But at this point anything is possible when it comes to Enid as she is one strange character.. :oldunsure:
Not way out. Enid knowing Jesus could explain how Jesus knew where Rick lived. She always was outside the walls. Remember that Rick told the Jesus guy his name. I was wondering why he did that. Now he had a name with a face, Enid telling him Rick is the main guy and a description of Rick's house.

The Alexandria woman, unbitten was ridiculous. She either closes the door and dies (thus unable to exit the house) or she puts one in her own head and is not a zombie. No way she isn't torn apart if she leaves the door open.

Not leaving with both cars was totally ridiculous. 'Oh, let's leave this car behind and we will waste gas coming back to get it.'

Not leaving with both cars was totally ridiculous. 'Oh, let's leave this car behind and we will waste gas coming back to get it.'
 I wrote it off as they wanted to have a second person in the car to spot for trouble ahead, which I don't think is a bad idea.

I wrote it off as they wanted to have a second person in the car to spot for trouble ahead, which I don't think is a bad idea.
:goodposting: My first thought was "why :confused: "

But then I figured it was due to one drives, other watches for trouble..
Not only that, but as a "plot device" it wouldn't as been as much fun having a car to chase down Jesus. ;)

Not way out. Enid knowing Jesus could explain how Jesus knew where Rick lived. She always was outside the walls. Remember that Rick told the Jesus guy his name. I was wondering why he did that. Now he had a name with a face, Enid telling him Rick is the main guy and a description of Rick's house.

The Alexandria woman, unbitten was ridiculous. She either closes the door and dies (thus unable to exit the house) or she puts one in her own head and is not a zombie. No way she isn't torn apart if she leaves the door open.

Kind of hoping that is where they go with the Enid story as just having her being a :angry: child because she lost her parents like 95% of the rest of the world is getting old.

When I go on a foraging run in the apocalypse I always take a mid sized sedan. Then when I find the mother load I go on a sight seeing tour in a vehicle of questionable mechanical soundness. 
I suppose all their resources are going back into rebuilding the wall, but, at some point why not make an armored vehicle?  I mean they obviously have sheet metal and welders, and yeah, how many supplies they figure are going to fit in that trunk?

Users who are viewing this thread