What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
League site (for draft and standings all season): http://www18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/28187

Draft scheduled to start Friday July 30 at 9:00 AM. Clock off for now.

Draft order and participants

Fiddles - 943

Bri - 727

There It Is - 718

Anarchy99 - 709

Old Milwaukee - 703

rzrback77 - 524

Jiggyonthehut - 520

Just Win Baby - 443

SLBD - 365

CalBear - 321

radballs - 248

Sinrman - 106

Duckboy - 101

Captain Hook - 58

nittanylion - 26

Pimpin' Ain't Easy - 25

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft order and participantsFiddles - 943Bri - 727There It Is - 718Anarchy99 - 709Old Milwaukee - 703rzrback77 - 524Jiggyonthehut - 520Just Win Baby - 443SLBD - 365CalBear - 321radballs - 248Sinrman - 106 :goodposting: Duckboy - 101Captain Hook - 58nittanylion - 26Pimpin' Ain't Easy - 25

Draft order and participantsFiddles - 943Bri - 727There It Is - 718Anarchy99 - 709Old Milwaukee - 703rzrback77 - 524Jiggyonthehut - 520Just Win Baby - 443SLBD - 365CalBear - 321radballs - 248Sinrman - 106Duckboy - 101Captain Hook - 58nittanylion - 26Pimpin' Ain't Easy - 25
SLBD welcome to the best league.I, for one, am glad to see you here.

Draft order and participantsFiddles - 943Bri - 727There It Is - 718Anarchy99 - 709Old Milwaukee - 703rzrback77 - 524Jiggyonthehut - 520Just Win Baby - 443SLBD - 365CalBear - 321radballs - 248Sinrman - 106Duckboy - 101Captain Hook - 58nittanylion - 26Pimpin' Ain't Easy - 25
SLBD welcome to the best league.I, for one, am glad to see you here.
:goodposting:
Thanks. I'm clueless to whatever has gone on in the off-season so this acts as a sort of prep for me, especially this year...not prepared at all.Also, I'm gonna be traveling, starting today, so I hope I don't hold things up (I know how you guys move). If so, DY can call me, or pick for that matter. I'll know more about internet access by Monday, but it might not be good, I'll be in Alaska. In fact, you guys may want to have a sub on deck, just in case. Or, if you just don't wanna deal, that's totally understandable too. :lmao:

Love me some SLBD! Welcome, buddy! If lovin' you is Brong, well, I don't wanna be Bright... :goodposting:

This just in: the 15 hole sucks!

Did I ever mention that this might be my absolute favorite survivor-style? Drafting players based on whether they make it into the NFL playoffs or not brings a whole new dimension to drafting. Not to mention the NFL playoffs helps offset the lack of productivity by top players in the last week or two of the regular season. Drew Brees not playing Week 17? Ok, no problem, he'll play the first or second week (if not more) of the playoffs to offset that. :blackdot:

Gotta love Alaska Air...free wifi in the sky, nice! I guess at midnight, that deal ends. By then, we'll be in Canadian airspace anyway and they shut down the internet. What's up with that, Canada?

I got word that I'll have internet access when I'm not camping so I should be able to continue with the draft, as ill-prepared as I may be. Will let you losers know when I'm bailing and stuff.

I see I got sandwiched between two heavyweights, interesting. The Pro's pro, Just Win Baby, and the oft-pugnacious, CalBear. Oh, sorry about Aaron Rodgers, CB, didn't mean to do that to you...

:bag:

Gotta love Alaska Air...free wifi in the sky, nice! I guess at midnight, that deal ends. By then, we'll be in Canadian airspace anyway and they shut down the internet. What's up with that, Canada?I got word that I'll have internet access when I'm not camping so I should be able to continue with the draft, as ill-prepared as I may be. Will let you losers know when I'm bailing and stuff.I see I got sandwiched between two heavyweights, interesting. The Pro's pro, Just Win Baby, and the oft-pugnacious, CalBear. Oh, sorry about Aaron Rodgers, CB, didn't mean to do that to you... :bag:
I was thinking that it wasn't good to have you right beside me in the draft order, but then I saw that you took a QB in the first, so I'm feeling better about it now... ;)

Yeah, I almost forgot this was the TE league...

You guys are taking forever, btw.

I see I got sandwiched between two heavyweights, interesting. The Pro's pro, Just Win Baby, and the oft-pugnacious, CalBear. Oh, sorry about Aaron Rodgers, CB, didn't mean to do that to you...
Love Rodgers, but in this format I wouldn't take him before about round 5.

Did I ever mention that this might be my absolute favorite survivor-style? Drafting players based on whether they make it into the NFL playoffs or not brings a whole new dimension to drafting. Not to mention the NFL playoffs helps offset the lack of productivity by top players in the last week or two of the regular season. Drew Brees not playing Week 17? Ok, no problem, he'll play the first or second week (if not more) of the playoffs to offset that. :thumbup:
Agree that this draft is umique and causes re-evaluation over cuurent rankings. I personally was surprised by Chris Johnson going first as I don't think Tennessee will be good enough to make the playoffs and obviously several disagreed with my selection of Gore before MJD, but Jax in the playoffs, did you say playoffs?

Did I ever mention that this might be my absolute favorite survivor-style? Drafting players based on whether they make it into the NFL playoffs or not brings a whole new dimension to drafting. Not to mention the NFL playoffs helps offset the lack of productivity by top players in the last week or two of the regular season. Drew Brees not playing Week 17? Ok, no problem, he'll play the first or second week (if not more) of the playoffs to offset that. :wub:
Agree that this draft is umique and causes re-evaluation over cuurent rankings. I personally was surprised by Chris Johnson going first as I don't think Tennessee will be good enough to make the playoffs and obviously several disagreed with my selection of Gore before MJD, but Jax in the playoffs, did you say playoffs?
San Francisco in the playoffs? With Alex Smith at QB?

Thanks for your patience, fellas. I had a catering gig dropped into my lap at the last minute, and not just any old catering gig...a well-respected man from my church died...his wife is very high up in the county educational system, and is helping guide me through that web as I move forward becoming the legal guardian for my GF's 7-yr-old son, and pulling him out of the mess that his biological father has made for the 1st 6 years of his life, so I feel very indebted to her...

...She called Wednesday afternoon to ask me to cater the repast after the funeral, 11:00 AM Friday AM...I woke up at 6AM on Thursday, worked straight through, without sleeping, to the end of the repast late Friday afternoon, didn't get to hit the sack until around 11 PM last night. Was a zombie until about an hour ago.

So, under normal circumstance, I probably wouldn't have gone Manning/Wayne at 1.15/2.02, or any QB for that matter, but I really don't see the Colts being challenged by much in the AFC to go back to the Super Bowl this year. There may be some hills and valleys, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be logging points from this duo for 21 Weeks. I don't see how I could have passed that up...

Now, Hook snarfing Gonzo is a different story. Thought I might get a shot at him at 2.07.

Now, Hook snarfing Gonzo is a different story. Thought I might get a shot at him at 2.07.
:thumbup: You might have but someone grabbed Romo from me on the turn :confused:

Surprised at 4 1st round Team QBs.

Last year in League 2, 2 Team QBs were taken in the 1st round, by Bri and Pimpin'. They finished 12th and 13th, respectively.

In 2008 in League 2, 3 Team QBs were taken in the 1st round, by joffer, Anarchy99, and Pimpin'. They finished 12th, 13th, and 16th, respectively.

Small sample size, but this doesn't seem like a winning strategy. Now we have SLBD, Sinrman, nittanylion, and Pimpin' trying to buck the trend. Hey, at least Pimpin' is consistent. ;)

Surprised at 4 1st round Team QBs.Last year in League 2, 2 Team QBs were taken in the 1st round, by Bri and Pimpin'. They finished 12th and 13th, respectively.In 2008 in League 2, 3 Team QBs were taken in the 1st round, by joffer, Anarchy99, and Pimpin'. They finished 12th, 13th, and 16th, respectively.Small sample size, but this doesn't seem like a winning strategy. Now we have SLBD, Sinrman, nittanylion, and Pimpin' trying to buck the trend. Hey, at least Pimpin' is consistent. ;)
History is tough to beat, I will agree. But you don't win in just the first round, especially in this scoring format. If I don't follow up with good picks at other positions, then sure, I'll be 12th, 14th, or 16th and deserve it. But I'm happy to nab one of the top scorers the last several years (NO TMQB). If Dallas Clark or Antonio Gates had fallen to me, then I would have taken them. But they didn't... :(

I definitely think that SF has a much better shot at the playoffs than Jax. I also advocate early QB drafting for the right teams.

Sorry to hear; my vote is for giving him the benefit of sticking around. Dude's been a vet of this league.

Jiggy.

yeah, tried to call his cell but just got message center - I think DY should just pick for him this turn and then hopefully he will be back with us

Sorry guys

Just went thru a divorce. That's about all I feel like sharing on a public message board. Today's a rough rough day tomorrow I will want the distraction.

DY I am moving near (well relatively) you soon. Maybe we can grab a drink sometime.

I gotta get off the computer. I tried predrafting quickly...I appreciate you guys understanding. Thank you

Sorry guysJust went thru a divorce. That's about all I feel like sharing on a public message board. Today's a rough rough day tomorrow I will want the distraction.DY I am moving near (well relatively) you soon. Maybe we can grab a drink sometime.I gotta get off the computer. I tried predrafting quickly...I appreciate you guys understanding. Thank you
Hope it all works out, sir...

Sorry guysJust went thru a divorce. That's about all I feel like sharing on a public message board. Today's a rough rough day tomorrow I will want the distraction.DY I am moving near (well relatively) you soon. Maybe we can grab a drink sometime.I gotta get off the computer. I tried predrafting quickly...I appreciate you guys understanding. Thank you
Hope it all works out, sir...
Same here, wish you well.This is a game, yours is real life. We wish you well. You have always been a great competitor with great write ups.

Bri, very sorry for what you are going through. I hope it works out as best it can for you. Hope you can stay in the league, as it is fun competing with you. Good luck.

Best Wishes Bri. no problems here. I am in the IBL as well and that thing crawls so take your time as far as I am concerned and join if and when you can.

sonny timed out 2 hours ago. just sayin
He must be up there keeping an eye on Putin.Edit to add: At my last pick, I figured that all the interesting players would be gone by 3.10, and was holding out hope that Ochocinco would fall. So, damn you, JWB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here I'm here, pick comin.

I'm all settled in too, in my unabomber cabin, so shouldn't be any more problems this week.

Gnarly plane crash here yesterday, by the way, been hearing first-hand accounts of it and stuff. It just missed a bus carrying 52 people.

CalBear said:
Fiddles said:
sonny timed out 2 hours ago. just sayin
He must be up there keeping an eye on Putin.Edit to add: At my last pick, I figured that all the interesting players would be gone by 3.10, and was holding out hope that Ochocinco would fall. So, damn you, JWB.
:shrug:

Crap, and then radballs snarfs Wells out from under me. I was nearly forced to take a QB! Madness!

sorry. I predrafted and didn't click submit and went out to cover a game for work. I thought I did and....just a duh moment, sorry guys

I wanted to get to a point where if CT does do well that it's not too brutal but I'm enjoying Forte in the later rounds this year. I flat out don't believe CT is there to do anything but push him into being the same back he was as a rook. I'm hurting at WR but there's a pile left. You guys scarfed them up quick.

I didn't see any value in WR now(quite poor IMO), just a desperate need so I skipped it.

May bite me

Users who are viewing this thread