What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (14 Viewers)

If Brown is able to play like Antonio Brown - and that's a huge if - Brady might be a top 5 quarterback for fantasy.  And James White, who I've liked all off season, just cratered. 

I was so down on him with the Raiders.  I would think he's back in the #1 overall WR conversation with the Patriots.

Just ####### knew he’d go there. Seems to be the landing spot for former disgruntled Steelers. smh

BTW, Steelers fan, here

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he really has it in for the Raiders. IMO, he has it in for the Steelers. I think he actually liked Gruden. It's Mayock that he didn't love.
Guess its all water under the bridge now   BUT  IF someone from DaRaider's was gonna say listen " Pitt is an outstanding organization w/ both a top-notch passing game and complimentary running game   Not to mention a HOF QB  I've seen you perform in that environment   I question you have what it takes to perform here in so many words"  Think it would have been Mayock in so many words

If Brown is able to play like Antonio Brown - and that's a huge if - Brady might be a top 5 quarterback for fantasy.  And James White, who I've liked all off season, just cratered. 
Maybe. But when I looked at all sorts of box scores and player combinations, White was sort of shielded. He got the same workload with the same production no matter who they threw out there. White is used in certain situations and for mismatches. I am not sure those go away with Brown.

I wonder who the Patriots cut to free up a spot.

I am intrigued now. I kinda wish someone will ask BB if he spoke to AB before he signed the deal to see if things played out as I described it.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter now

More

Antonio Brown and the Patriots reached agreement on a 1-year deal worth up $15 million that includes a $9 million signing bonus, per source.
So there you go. AB left 5 M on the table because he couldn't be a decent teammate. And only 9 M of this is guaranteed where if he had played week 1 with Raiders 30 M was guaranteed. 

So the Patriots turned into morons as well lol
OK. I'll bite. Why? He either plays ball and gets with the program or they release him. They didn't give up any players or picks. At this point it's only money. If he is a problem he won't be there long.

So, I made a trade offer to the Brown owner on Thursday... Tyler Boyd for Brown. He didn't accept or deny, and let it sit. And, I totally forgot about it. Today I woke up late and missed all of the drama, and saw an email in my inbox... trade accepted. My bad.

Fast forward 6 hours, and Brown is now on the Pats. Wow. I'm happy.

Ridiculous.

Gruden and Mayock, IMHO, showed extraordinary patience and accommodation through Feetgate, Helmetgate, and even Punchyouinthefacegate when it looked like AB was going to play Monday night, until he went and stuck a stick in the eye of the organization and, instead of simply shutting up and playing, chose instead to release a recorded conversation with Gruden on SM. 

Belichick does not strike me as a guy with anywhere near as much patience and leeway as the Raiders have. 

So two thing happen:

1. AB continues to be the AB he was on the Steelers and Raiders and similarly flares out in NE.
  2. AB becomes a model citizen, a quiet and productive member of the team and balls the f out as a Patriot.
I don't see how #2 is anywhere near plausible given the past. But if it happens, I'll be that much more pissed, and convinced this whole thing was a manipulative sham enabled by the NFL, the Pats, and AB and his agent.

Maybe that's totally irrational, but this whole preseason has really burned my britches.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I'll bite. Why? He either plays ball and gets with the program or they release him. They didn't give up any players or picks. At this point it's only money. If he is a problem he won't be there long.

So there you go. AB left 5 M on the table because he couldn't be a decent teammate. And only 9 M of this is guaranteed where if he had played week 1 with Raiders 30 M was guaranteed. 
He is a dolt moron idiot RACIST. Screw this clown

Users who are viewing this thread