What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (12 Viewers)

Via Rapsheet

The Antonio Brown saga is finally nearing a close. Sources say the #Steelers are dealing AB to the #Raiders in exchange for a third round pick and a fifth round pick in this 2019 draft. Brown will also get a reworked contract that makes him the NFL’s highest paid WR.

It’s finally over! Ridiculous if they gave up a 1st or 2nd. If the reports of 3rd & 5th are accurate then that’s acceptable. 

I thought Oakland would have given up a hell of a lot more.  Not as bad as I expected. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me wish that the Raiders would stay in Ca so that any pay raise this joker got would just be donated to taxes. I'm sure he'll defer as much as he can to the 2020 season to take advantage of Nevada taxes.

All those people that thought Pitt was going to get the 27th overall pick....  Hahahaha.  Brown made dang sure that wasn’t going to happen with his craziness.  

$30 million guaranteed. I'd say he won already.
Maybe but early speculation is that Julio will get around $20m a year over 3 new years. Had AB not acted out so much publicly,  went behind the scenes and requested a trade he might have seen a much larger market for his services and got the kind of deal many think Julio is about to get and maybe even on a team that is more poised to compete, if he cares about that. Plus this whole thing has been a bad look for him. 

So the Raiders traded Amari Cooper a 3rd, and a 5th for Antonio Brown and a 1st, win!!!
Pretty much. Brown is still a lot better than Cooper will likely ever be. I hope they keep Jordy Nelson around, both because I think he can still be a decent weapon opposite a legit #1, and so they can recreate my 2016 fantasy team.

Makes me wish that the Raiders would stay in Ca so that any pay raise this joker got would just be donated to taxes. I'm sure he'll defer as much as he can to the 2020 season to take advantage of Nevada taxes.
Why does this matter to you? 

The Steelers GM has to go. I mean they missed the playoffs last year while the best RB in football sat out. They just gave away the best WR in football for peanuts and they are significantly worse going into next year. 

Lol steelers! 

The Steelers GM has to go. I mean they missed the playoffs last year while the best RB in football sat out. They just gave away the best WR in football for peanuts and they are significantly worse going into next year.
This would be a good time to remember the GM who was able to have Bell and AB spend the prime of their careers in Pittsburgh at a cost of a 2nd and a 6th round pick.

Um ok... never forget Chandler Jones for a 2nd and Jon Cooper. Sometimes moving on is just best. 
My bad.  Losing Bell and brown and getting a third, a fifth and a 2020 comp pick is really good for the steelers and they played this well.

Btw, the Chandler Jones trade was in 2016 and the patriots have been to 3 superbowls, winning 2 since the deal. They drafted a stud in Thuney after trading down from the jones pick.  Maybe the steelers are trying to follow that model. 

The only good thing about this trade is the AB saga is finally over and the Steelers can just move on.  AB clearly wanted out and the Steelers clearly were done with his antics.  AB really screwed over the Steelers by the way he went about orchestrating this trade and the Steelers handled it poorly when they publicly said he would be traded several weeks ago.  Whatever, it's over.  Raiders redeemed themselves a bit for the M. Bryant trade :lol:  

And not a terrible spot for AB. I wonder if Bell is next to sign with the Raiders. All of a sudden they would be massively upgraded offensely.

• Smile
Reactions: rct
And not a terrible spot for AB. I wonder if Bell is next to sign with the Raiders. All of a sudden they would be massively upgraded offensely.
That would be the logical next move for Gruden. You don't waste time with a 30 year old RB unless you plan on competing this year.

So what is the moron going to do if they cant trade him? I hope it comes to that & he sits out so he doesn't get paid. What does that tell you when they cant get even get remotely decent compensation. They took care of him financially when they didn't have to. I didn't like what bell did but he wasn't under contract.  Screw Brown,  he is an idiot, and I think has mental issues. If he plays somewhere else next year you can cut last years numbers in half at least. 
You mad, bro?

Everybody was on here talking about how idiotic it would be to give up a 1st for Brown. When the Steelers get a 3rd and a 5th they say the Steelers got played. 🤔

• Smile
Reactions: rct
Everybody was on here talking about how idiotic it would be to give up a 1st for Brown. When the Steelers get a 3rd and a 5th they say the Steelers got played. 🤔
I’m not going to re-read the whole thread, but from what I recall, it was Steelers fans saying “at least a 1st,” and more realistic posters saying that was not going to happen.  

Lol steelers! 
This is shtick right? When we're talking about a GM with like .620 winning percentage, 2 superbowls, 3 AFC championships, like 8 division titles.... yeah this is schtick.

I’m not going to re-read the whole thread, but from what I recall, it was Steelers fans saying “at least a 1st,” and more realistic posters saying that was not going to happen.  
And now those realistic posters are saying the Steelers got fleeced.

I'd have put your opinion in the bad takes department. The Irish guy in the idiot aisle but I don't read his takes anymore.

Not a thing about me is taking this personal and that is a baseless accusation.  Contrary to your belief I've not defended him at all costs and have been pretty down on everything he's done since week 17 but I can separate how he's acting from the player he is.
I'm not the one in here posting 5000 times defending a moron like brown, but I'm the idiot. I think you 2 may be related.

So, sharks, where do we rank AB right now?

I see him as a back end WR 1 as an initial reaction. Much better than if he went to Washington, Buffalo, or Tennessee. 

Ill pull together an actual list and post it later.

I see him as a back end WR 1 as an initial reaction. Much better than if he went to Washington, Buffalo, or Tennessee. 

Why much better at those other 3 places?

Good question.

His numbers suffered when Ben was injured but the backups were poor.

His numbers are going to be influenced by Carr but I would not bet against AB if Carr doesn't implode under Gruden who has not been good developing young QBs.

And this is why, absent the Crazy Cowboys involvement, players rarely get traded for 1st or 2nd round picks. And Arizona might get a 3rd for Rosen if they're lucky.

And now those realistic posters are saying the Steelers got fleeced.
Then, they’re not really being realistic, are they (although I thought they’d get a 2nd, but that was before Brown said he didn’t have to play & refused to report to Bills).  

BTW, maybe it’s been discussed this a.m., but the Steelers has to cave on allowing AB & agent to talk to other teams, no?  Otherwise, how else does such a huge re-worked deal happen so quickly (& how does AB agree to report)?

Users who are viewing this thread