What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (5 Viewers)

Picked up an iClear 30b tank yesterday at a new vape shop in Lexington. Absolutely love it. Use it with the itazte MVP battery, great vape.

I also recently cut down to 12mg nicotine after using 24mg for the first 2 years on ecigs. Hoping to eventually get to 6 then maybe zero. It's amazing not running out of breath walking up 2 flights of stairs at work. Wish these had come along 5 years ago.
Lexington? SC? Smart Choice Vapors? If so that's where I purchased my starter kit. I have tried a few of their juices as well. Swamp Frog is decent.

Picked up an iClear 30b tank yesterday at a new vape shop in Lexington. Absolutely love it. Use it with the itazte MVP battery, great vape.

I also recently cut down to 12mg nicotine after using 24mg for the first 2 years on ecigs. Hoping to eventually get to 6 then maybe zero. It's amazing not running out of breath walking up 2 flights of stairs at work. Wish these had come along 5 years ago.
Lexington? SC? Smart Choice Vapors? If so that's where I purchased my starter kit. I have tried a few of their juices as well. Swamp Frog is decent.
Lexington KY. There are now 3 vape shops here - I wonder how much $$ is being spent on vaping now that used to be spent on tobacco? The state gov't here is proposing a stiff tax on vape products, I'm sure it has to do with the tax dollars that are eroding from tobacco sales.

Lexington KY. There are now 3 vape shops here - I wonder how much $$ is being spent on vaping now that used to be spent on tobacco? The state gov't here is proposing a stiff tax on vape products, I'm sure it has to do with the tax dollars that are eroding from tobacco sales.
Time to learn how to make my own juice.

Time to learn how to make my own juice.
The new place that opened here actually sells juice that is intended to be mixed - I'm vaping 1/3 grape sucker/mint julep/gala apple right now and it's great. I have some friends who do their own but I don't have the time or motivation for it. Spending $7 on 15 mL of juice is still cheaper than smoking 5 or 6 packs a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1N1 from Nicoticket won best tobacco juice at EC Forums for 2013.

This juice does not disappoint. It is of the RY4 variety, but the vanilla shines through making it a little different from other RY4s.

I am an RY4 vapor guy, I have 20+ bottles now and vape it about 75% of the time. There is a big difference between a really good RY4, and a crappy local B&M RY4.

Anyone have a link to a good variable voltage 510 battery? I've gotten too used to a $100 a month habit, so would prefer to not have to ditch all my 510 tops for 901 offerings, such as on V4L.

I'm using the Itaste vv3 right now, it's really a great product. :thumbup:
Do you prefer this one over the Kanger EVOD?
Itaste vv>vision spinner>>eGo Twist>EVOD

I like the EVOD toppers with any of those though.
Went with the Itaste vv3.0 from Misthub, which is somewhat local.

Also ordered the following Nicquid juices, 12 mg:

Banana nut bread

http://www.nicquid.com/review/product/list/id/981/category/5/

Peach lemonade

http://www.nicquid.com/review/product/list/id/982/category/7/

Midnight express

http://www.nicquid.com/review/product/list/id/296/category/6/

Had an e-coupon for 15% off so that helped. They sell Bombies juices that sound really good but are on backorder. Would like to try those.

Also, came across Vape Dojo while searching. Their Happy Endings (pina colada) and SamuRY4 juices sound really good. Anybody order from them before?

Banana nut bread

Peach lemonade

Midnight express

Had an e-coupon for 15% off so that helped. They sell Bombies juices that sound really good but are on backorder. Would like to try those.

Also, came across Vape Dojo while searching. Their Happy Endings (pina colada) and SamuRY4 juices sound really good. Anybody order from them before?
I've had the banana nut bread nicquid. I didn't care for it. It was real thick. I hope you like it though

Just got my iTaste vv today. Also received a small bottle of The Virus; very tasty. Reminds me of a pipe tobacco i tried.

Not a big fan of the sweet, fruity stuff. I would love to find something more like tobacco or pipe tobacco.

Thanks Dr. D

ETA: for those that quit smoking cigs via vaping, did you taper cigs off while intoducing vaping or did you go 100% vaping?

Just got my iTaste vv today. Also received a small bottle of The Virus; very tasty. Reminds me of a pipe tobacco i tried.

Not a big fan of the sweet, fruity stuff. I would love to find something more like tobacco or pipe tobacco.

Thanks Dr. D

ETA: for those that quit smoking cigs via vaping, did you taper cigs off while intoducing vaping or did you go 100% vaping?
I intended to taper off cigs.. gave myself an allotment of 10 per day for the first few days then 8, then 6, etc.. with the intention of being smoke free in a couple of weeks. I made it to day 3 before I realized I was enjoying the vaping more and hating the smell of my hair/clothes when I came in from having a cigarette. I told myself I would allow myself 1 cigarette a week for old times' sake, I think that lasted one week before I forgot about it.

Thanks Dr. D
In this post I covered some of the HHV tobacco juices. These are all "sweeter" but not nearly as sweet as h1N1. I would recommend Legend, Heavenly Army, or Huntsman for tobacco vapes. Those are all extracted pipe tobaccos.

Ahlusion is also known for their tobaccos, many of them are somewhat sweet but some of them are not. You can look through their lists and find what meets your taste requirements, but those are two top-notch vendors for tobacco juices.

Ok, I compiled a post that went through some of the thing a noob needs. This should help address anything I don't here.

There are lots of juice providers. I would recommend Heather's Heavenly Vapes for your first order. They have sample packs so you can try anything from the list you think you'd like, but they specialize in tobacco vapes.

I was going to recommend you go to Discount Vapors for the kit, but I see HHV has about the same kit for about the same price. It is the Kanger EVOD Kit, and it's very simple and effective for a new vapor. Just keep your extra battery charged and on you at all times!

Here are their tobacco juices:

Legend; Extracted pipe tobacco

Huntsman: Earthy tobacco that to me is very cigar-like. I've heard this one described as "Turkish" also.

Heavenly Tobacco: Is an RY4 which is the most popular tobacco juice. It's one part Caramel, one part vanilla and one part tobacco. This is my favorite.

Dragon's Fire: Extracted tobacco with hints of chocolate, this is my second favorite from them

They also have Pirate's Booty, Serendipity, Heavenly Army and Blade. Check out those descriptions.

Go with 18mg for your strength. I was a pack a day Marlboro Light smoker, 18 was fine for me (I went to 12mg thereafter, and still vape 12mg).

You can go 50/50 PG/VG to start with the tobacco juices, if you choose a fruit or bakery juice (recommended), go 70% PG.

Nothing can replicate a cigarette, get that in your head now. There is no head rush, but you maintain and after the first week or so you get used to it. There are Turkish blends out there which might be good for you. Halo has great tobacco juices also, and Torque 56 is supposed to be the closest thing to an analog FWIW. I no longer want analogs, so I'm not interested. I do like the tobacco vapes though and I really do enjoy vaping more than smoking, and I liked smoking.

Anyway there are a ton of juice vendors out there. HHV is middle of the road on price, ECBlend adn Mount Baker Vapor are the cheapest but they don't specialize in tobacco blends at all. I don;t like the MBV base, ECBlend to me is the best juice for the money. AVE, HALO, Ahlusion, Virgin Vapors, and so on and so on. So many good vendors out there, depends on what you like.

If you get that kit and maybe a couple of 15ml bottles of something, then a sample pack you can do the testing and what not. Again, get some juices other than tobacco flavor. At HHV the Blueberry Muffin and Double D watermelon are both excellent choices.

Good luck!
Ordered the EVOD starter and the juices you recommended. 12 mg to start, as I've been off cigarettes for a day or two now. So...done and done. Looking forward to it. Thanks, man.

-RA

Well, I received my blue MVP 2.0 in the mail yesterday and after working all night the first thing I did when I got home was an unboxing and straight to the charger. I'm now just waiting patiently for the green light to go off. I have a couple of new clearomizers that I'm gonna fill. I have"graham cracker" that's been steeping for about 10 days and I have a sample of grape candy that I think I'm gonna try.

Thanks Dr. D
In this post I covered some of the HHV tobacco juices. These are all "sweeter" but not nearly as sweet as h1N1. I would recommend Legend, Heavenly Army, or Huntsman for tobacco vapes. Those are all extracted pipe tobaccos.

Ahlusion is also known for their tobaccos, many of them are somewhat sweet but some of them are not. You can look through their lists and find what meets your taste requirements, but those are two top-notch vendors for tobacco juices.
I just received my first order from Ahlusion and it seems a lot thicker than the other juices I've been using (generally from V4L). Is this known? I ordered some apple-wood tobacco thing and loaded up a clean clearomizer, but was not overly impressed. It did sit outside in the cold. Could that have had an adverse effect on the juice?

Just received my EVOD kit yesterday and the sample pack of Heather's Heavenly Vapes today. The EVOD is all charged and ready to go. You're right about the head rush; there will be none. I see this as a problem as I keep reaching for my regular cigarettes.

That said, these aren't smoking cessation devices, by all warnings. And they taste pretty good, so there's that. I've started with the Caramel Apple Tobacco, and will move on to the more serious tobacco flavors once I'm used to the density. All in all, it was under seventy bucks, and money well spent so far.

One thing this newbie has found about the actual drag, though. It's better to puff like a cigar if you want a denser hit for some reason.

That's my initial review for now. I hope to come back in a month and say that I haven't smoked a real cigarette since. We'll see.

Thanks Dr. D

I just received my first order from Ahlusion and it seems a lot thicker than the other juices I've been using (generally from V4L). Is this known? I ordered some apple-wood tobacco thing and loaded up a clean clearomizer, but was not overly impressed. It did sit outside in the cold. Could that have had an adverse effect on the juice?
You should be ok, unless it was below freezing for a long period of time which breaks down the components.

Ahlusion and Vapor Chef have the most authentic flavors IMO and their VG is pretty thick. What else did you get from Ahlusion?

Rockaction>up your nicotine level until you stop smoking the analogs. It took me more than two years to quit, but I didn't really quit until I actually wanted to quit. Finding juice you enjoy is a huge part of it, but getting enough nicotine is big too. You can't just vape like you would smoke either, you have to vape all day not just once an hour or so.

Just received my EVOD kit yesterday and the sample pack of Heather's Heavenly Vapes today. The EVOD is all charged and ready to go. You're right about the head rush; there will be none. I see this as a problem as I keep reaching for my regular cigarettes.

That said, these aren't smoking cessation devices, by all warnings. And they taste pretty good, so there's that. I've started with the Caramel Apple Tobacco, and will move on to the more serious tobacco flavors once I'm used to the density. All in all, it was under seventy bucks, and money well spent so far.

One thing this newbie has found about the actual drag, though. It's better to puff like a cigar if you want a denser hit for some reason.

That's my initial review for now. I hope to come back in a month and say that I haven't smoked a real cigarette since. We'll see.
I have to say I disagree about the head rush. It depends upon the milligrams of nicotine you get. I still get it first thing thing in the morning with 16mg.

Banana nut bread

Peach lemonade

Midnight express

I've had the banana nut bread nicquid. I didn't care for it. It was real thick. I hope you like it though
It's ok. But then again, I don't know what I am comparing it against yet.

Thanks for the plug.

Reomizer still working like a champ, I haven't even had to explore any flavors outside of Boba's because it's just working and why mess with a good thing.

But I ordered up 4 of these iTaste VV's for my other tanks. Looking to take those to another level hopefully, right now I just have a crappy eGo battery.

Also trying to taper off of the nicotine some now that I've really made a pretty clean break (I still have an analog every day or so because I have a smoking buddy but overall it's been clean). Grabbed my usual 12's and 18's this last batch, but also grabbed a 6er to play with. I usually go around 15, but try and steer closer to a 12 heavy mix as my urges will allow. Looking to mix it in with some 12's as I slowly taper off...

Grabbed an iclear 30b in case I want to do some Boba's off of these itaste's. These things good, or do you guys prefer ProTanks or whatnot? Is this thick juice going to be workable with these things?

Also gives me a line of defense beyond even my Reo rebuild kit, near impossible for equipment failure to derail me now.

Thanks Dr. D

You should be ok, unless it was below freezing for a long period of time which breaks down the components.

Ahlusion and Vapor Chef have the most authentic flavors IMO and their VG is pretty thick. What else did you get from Ahlusion?

Rockaction>up your nicotine level until you stop smoking the analogs. It took me more than two years to quit, but I didn't really quit until I actually wanted to quit. Finding juice you enjoy is a huge part of it, but getting enough nicotine is big too. You can't just vape like you would smoke either, you have to vape all day not just once an hour or so.
I also got a mocha coffee. I was wrong about the applewood tobacco. It's really grown on me. Haven't cracked into the mocha yet, but if it's as good as the tobacco I'm going to be ordering from Ahlusion for a while

Grabbed an iclear 30b in case I want to do some Boba's off of these itaste's. These things good, or do you guys prefer ProTanks or whatnot? Is this thick juice going to be workable with these things?

Also gives me a line of defense beyond even my Reo rebuild kit, near impossible for equipment failure to derail me now.
I like the iclears over the protanks myself, but I think I'm in the minority. I like all the wicks with the iclears and the consistent performance. I had an iclear 16 fail on me today for the first time, but I had been cooking that coil daily for a month. They don't leak, you don't get liquid coming through the mouthpiece, and I think the taste is a little truer than with the protanks.

iTaste VV 3.0's arrived. A little on the big side, but it's definitely a quality build. This is my first whirl with VV/VW, so far I haven't noticed any incredible differences unless I go too high and then I get a burnt kind of taste. Will have to play around in smaller increments, hopefully I can find the sweet spot that takes these things to a new level. At very least I hope I get a more consistent hit off of them than the Ego I have which is a little temperamental and hits pretty weak depending on charge. It doesn't really do it consistently either - sometimes I get a couple dozen puffs before it starts tailing off, other times it seems to go a lot longer.

I like the iclears over the protanks myself, but I think I'm in the minority. I like all the wicks with the iclears and the consistent performance. I had an iclear 16 fail on me today for the first time, but I had been cooking that coil daily for a month. They don't leak, you don't get liquid coming through the mouthpiece, and I think the taste is a little truer than with the protanks.
Awesome, looking forward to its arrival. Unfortunately I'm waiting until Monday on this too so I'm just anxiously waiting to see what these VV's can really do for me. Thinking about grabbing the 30s as well as it seems most people speak highly of both but have slight preferences one way or the other. I'm going to make sure I like the 30b first though.

These combos probably would have been way better for my trip to the Dells this week. I flirted with danger as I didn't want to tote the Reo around and risk someone ripping me off when I went in the pool, so I went long periods without anything. Then practically overheated the thing anytime I got a chance to use it. I don't mind being out $50 should somebody decide to gank me, but the Reo / Reomizer is pushing my comfort level especially when I have no backup equipment. I saw some guy with a clearomizer combo just puffing away from his poolside chair and nobody said anything to him... Oh well, it's done and I survived. And I haven't had a cigarette in like 5 days either absent my smoking buddy. Pretty cool.

Alright - iclear30b actually arrived today surprisingly. First question - is there something that can sit between this iTaste VV 3.0 and the iClear 30b to fill in the gap? I'm sure there is as there's threads on the battery that would seem to facilitate this, but it didn't come with my kit or the iclear, heh.

First impression on 3.7V with a 2.1 coil - not too shabby. Reomizer definitely blasting harder than this, but I've been going around 1.5 on that so I'm going to need to bump this up some. True test will be how bad Boba's mucks this all up, I do replace coils probably every 2 days in the Reomizer just to keep it fresh.

Alright - iclear30b actually arrived today surprisingly. First question - is there something that can sit between this iTaste VV 3.0 and the iClear 30b to fill in the gap? I'm sure there is as there's threads on the battery that would seem to facilitate this, but it didn't come with my kit or the iclear, heh.
Yeah, the protank beauty rings work.

Yeah, the protank beauty rings work.
Thanks.

Will get one of those and thinking I might want to try the 16 as well. Outside of the cosmetic aspect, this setup just feels top heavy waiting to topple over and break. On the plus side, this rotatable drip tip is somewhat cool. And this probably wins in convenience as I'll probably need a couple of 16s in a day.

I went to a new brick and mortar near my house today. They had a really good selection of retail juice, but their prices were at about a 40% mark-up. I felt like I had to buy something so I bought an overpriced bottle of juice I liked, then bought an eGo USB charger. $10!!!!! You can get them from Fasttech for $2. lol

I guess a 40% mark-up might be about right for a local B&M, but I'm not going to pay that with so many options out there on the cheap. I'll send local people who ask me about vaping there, but these shops are designed for those who aren't internet savvy or for first-timers. It's nice to go in and test the juices and mods though, kind of the Best Buy of vaping I suppose.

I went to a new brick and mortar near my house today. They had a really good selection of retail juice, but their prices were at about a 40% mark-up. I felt like I had to buy something so I bought an overpriced bottle of juice I liked, then bought an eGo USB charger. $10!!!!! You can get them from Fasttech for $2. lol

I guess a 40% mark-up might be about right for a local B&M, but I'm not going to pay that with so many options out there on the cheap. I'll send local people who ask me about vaping there, but these shops are designed for those who aren't internet savvy or for first-timers. It's nice to go in and test the juices and mods though, kind of the Best Buy of vaping I suppose.
Yeah, I know the markup at these places is huge so I try to get this all done online. Downside is that sometimes you didn't do enough homework and end up with this gigantic tank sitting on top of your battery and you're a little disappointed with the $20 you just spent. :)

Yeah, I know the markup at these places is huge so I try to get this all done online. Downside is that sometimes you end up with this gigantic tank sitting on top of your battery and you're a little disappointed with the $20 you just spent. :)
My Itaste vv3 from Fasttech came with six iclear 16s. I paid $35 for all!

Fasttech is awesome.

Yeah, I know the markup at these places is huge so I try to get this all done online. Downside is that sometimes you end up with this gigantic tank sitting on top of your battery and you're a little disappointed with the $20 you just spent. :)
My Itaste vv3 from Fasttech came with six iclear 16s. I paid $35 for all!

Fasttech is awesome.
I will have to check them out. The iTaste's themselves were $26.50 each from some ebay seller, so I'm happy on that end. Just didn't do enough homework on the 30 because I was in a hurry to get some juices flowing off of them.

Absent the Boba's gunk test I have to say I'm rather impressed with the iTaste/iClear30 combo. I don't think these are quite RBA caliber hits, but they're very impressive and I could be very happy with this as my main device. It's definitely better than the Reo was with a Cisco LR atty on it, and seems just a little bit short of the Reomizer (will have to do some more testing here). Wish I had this in the Dells.

Outside of the top heavy problems I don't like about the 30 tank and a single 16 not holding enough juice for a day, I can also see that I'll need more than one battery for a day as well. The 800 mah just isn't going to cut it, especially as I bump up the voltages. That might discount it from being my every day device long term as well, we'll see. The Reo is great in this regard - make sure it's full to start the day and then don't even worry about it.

As a whole I have to echo DD's sentiments. The iTaste VV 3.0's are some pretty great batteries, can't go wrong with these. And iClear tanks seem to rock as well.

I feel like such an old man using my mods, 510's, and 306's. I just got so sick of all the new Vaping fads that I completely stopped paying attention because most of it was such crap or really overpriced.

I feel like such an old man using my mods, 510's, and 306's. I just got so sick of all the new Vaping fads that I completely stopped paying attention because most of it was such crap or really overpriced.
It's part of what knocked me out of vaping the last time. So much stuff, most of it crap or temperamental. The Reo with an atty just never really did it for me. It was nice off a new atty, but boba's wreaks havoc on those things in short order and it's the only flavor I've ever found that I can ADV off of (haven't tried DD's recommendations here yet). So I'm going through $10 atties left and right or trying to get as much as I can out of them to save money with little enjoyment. Still less than cigarettes price wise, but annoying as #### and not nearly as enjoyable to me. Eventually said screw it.

A year and a half has made a huge difference from what I can tell. Adding the Reomizer to the Reo was the best $45 I've ever spent on vaping materials. And these clearomizers are starting to kick ### it seems. I finally feel I can make the break.

And they also make dank tanks these days...so, yeah...

I'm using eGO batteries with Vivi Nova tanks. The batteries are pretty new but I've had the tanks for about a year. I'm not getting much vapor even when I screw the new wick things on top and I'm wondering if the Vivi Nova itself can start to go bad. I can't really think of anything else it could be.

Anybody know?

The only iclear I have is the 30 and I have to say that it probably is my favorite tank. I got it and the beauty ring in my MVP 2 kit. I let my wife use it for a couple of days and she loves it as well. I am thinking about purchasing 2 for her and one for myself along with some replacement heads. Is there a better iclear out there or is the 30 one of there best? We both really like the knucklehead tip.

iTaste VV 3.0's arrived. A little on the big side, but it's definitely a quality build. This is my first whirl with VV/VW, so far I haven't noticed any incredible differences unless I go too high and then I get a burnt kind of taste. Will have to play around in smaller increments, hopefully I can find the sweet spot that takes these things to a new level. At very least I hope I get a more consistent hit off of them than the Ego I have which is a little temperamental and hits pretty weak depending on charge. It doesn't really do it consistently either - sometimes I get a couple dozen puffs before it starts tailing off, other times it seems to go a lot longer.
You are on the right track. Start with your wattage or voltage low and work your way up in small stints. When it starts to taste burnt back off until you find the sweet spot. There is a definite difference between my standard ego and this. The VV/VW 3.0 is so much more enjoyable. A ton of flavor. I use it as my leave the house battery. I havesince bought an MVP 2.0 and just use it at the house until my leather cases come in.

My favorite thing about the VV/VW 3.0 is the portability. My least favorite would probably be the battery life, at least for my vaping experience.

The only iclear I have is the 30 and I have to say that it probably is my favorite tank. I got it and the beauty ring in my MVP 2 kit. I let my wife use it for a couple of days and she loves it as well. I am thinking about purchasing 2 for her and one for myself along with some replacement heads. Is there a better iclear out there or is the 30 one of there best? We both really like the knucklehead tip.
I use the iclear 16 every day, more than the 30. I think they are both solid and I use them more in the summer months because the protanks and evods tend to leak in humid conditions. I am starting to rebuild my own evods though, and am hoping those will be better in humid conditions because I really do like the draw on the evods.

Stevie>On the Vivi Nova, you could have a bad seal or the shaft assembly needs cleaning. Soak in vodka overnight and put a new wick assembly on and it should be good to go. You could also have a bad batch of wicks, that is known to happen. The assembly should not "go bad" though.

I use the iclear 16 every day, more than the 30. I think they are both solid and I use them more in the summer months because the protanks and evods tend to leak in humid conditions. I am starting to rebuild my own evods though, and am hoping those will be better in humid conditions because I really do like the draw on the evods.

Stevie>On the Vivi Nova, you could have a bad seal or the shaft assembly needs cleaning. Soak in vodka overnight and put a new wick assembly on and it should be good to go. You could also have a bad batch of wicks, that is known to happen. The assembly should not "go bad" though.
Very sweet, just watched a video on this. This looks up my alley. What's the size ratio on this compared to an iClear 16 and 30? How long do you have to go between rebuilds?

Feeling like I'm going to have an aresenal at my disposal before long. Searching for the perfect vape is practically as addictive as the nicotine itself. Luckily DD's doing all the legwork for me here so it won't cost a small fortune though. :)

Banana nut bread

Peach lemonade

Midnight express

Vape Dojo is local to me outside of Baltimore/DC. Been to their walkin and just getting into their juices...

Banana nut bread

Peach lemonade

Midnight express

Vape Dojo is local to me outside of Baltimore/DC. Been to their walkin and just getting into their juices...
Are they good?

Very sweet, just watched a video on this. This looks up my alley. What's the size ratio on this compared to an iClear 16 and 30? How long do you have to go between rebuilds?

Feeling like I'm going to have an aresenal at my disposal before long. Searching for the perfect vape is practically as addictive as the nicotine itself. Luckily DD's doing all the legwork for me here so it won't cost a small fortune though. :)
16s hold 1.8 ml of juice, 30s hold 3.0ish. I find the coils/wicks last three weeks with heavy use, 2 months with occasional use. After about two weeks I'll thoroughly wash the wicks and head out and let it dry overnight, and it goes from 60% efficient to 80% or more.

Doctor Detroit said:

16s hold 1.8 ml of juice, 30s hold 3.0ish. I find the coils/wicks last three weeks with heavy use, 2 months with occasional use. After about two weeks I'll thoroughly wash the wicks and head out and let it dry overnight, and it goes from 60% efficient to 80% or more.
I meant the EVOD's - how often do you have to rebuild that coil? And how big is that thing compared to these iClears, is it the size of the 16?

Users who are viewing this thread