What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL #4 Draft Discussion (1 Viewer)

QB - Manning, Palmer

RB - Foster, DWilliams, Tolbert

WR - Garcon, James Jones, Murphy, Ford, Burress, Washington

TE - Cooley, Gronkowski

D - Chicago, Detriot

K - Keading, Vinatieri

Basically above average everywhere except for WR where I could be the worst in the league. Will need to add two more WR scrubs in an attempt to muster up points.

QB - Manning, PalmerRB - Foster, DWilliams, TolbertWR - Garcon, James Jones, Murphy, Ford, Burress, WashingtonTE - Cooley, GronkowskiD - Chicago, DetriotK - Keading, VinatieriBasically above average everywhere except for WR where I could be the worst in the league. Will need to add two more WR scrubs in an attempt to muster up points.
WR and QB was why I lost in PDSL eventually but the team was strong enough to stay alive until the end, your team reminds me of that team except your QB is certainly stronger than mine. My WRs there may have been better than yours though. (I think my RBs with Turner and Charles were better)

Last edited by a moderator:
QB: Brees, Flacco

RB: Wells, LT, Leshoure, Snelling

WR: A Johnson, Crabtree, Julio Jones, Nelson, Hester

TE: Davis, Winslow

PK: Gostkowski, Feely

D: Pats, Chargers,

QB is very strong as I think this is the most important position. RB could be a big area of concern but I am pretty happy with the group. WR looks very good to me. I expect Crabtree to improve, Nelson could certainly be the #2 in GB and Hester was kind of a steal even if I not much on him. TE is very strong and to. D and PK are also strong and certainly above average.

RB will be the key. Good points and I think this team will go along way

QB- Rivers, McCoy

RB- Mcfadden, Best, Torain, M Bush

WR- Holmes, Simpson, L Moore, Masaquoi, Schillens

TE- Graham, Gresham

K- Crosby, J Brown

D- Chiefs, Jaguars

QB: I think in the top tier of weekly points despite not having a strong #2.What Rivers did last year with his depleted WR corp really sold me on him and now that I anticipate him heading into next season with Gates, VJAX and Floyd I anticipate him having his best season yet and I think he has a good shot to challenge the 40 TD mark. Also looking at Rivers last year in the first 10 games he had one sub 20 point fantasy game and 4 sub 20 point fantasy games over his last 6 which I think was largely a result of injuries to Gates, Floyd and Crayton leaving him with little to work with. If his WR corp holds up and he stays healthy like he normally does I don't see me using Colt very often......McCoy is not a strong #2 but he represented good value to me in that he was the last QB available who I consider to be locked in as his teams opening day starting QB. I also thought he looked pretty good last season but more in terms of real football than fantasy. I think the move to the pure West Coast system and probable upgrades to his WR corp along with second year growth have the chance to turn him from a weak #2 to at least a solid #2 fantasy QB.

RB: My top position. I could be wrong on this but I think if we look at RB's who played in at least a few games Mcfadden was #2 RB to Foster in fantasy PPG and along with Foster the only other RB to surpass the 20 fantasy point per game mark. What was especially impressive is a few of these games he was playing without being healthy. Speaking of health missing 3 games and past injury history's are really his only question marks but I've got Michael Bush to cover for that. If Bush should actually leave the Raiders I'd assume it's for a starters gig some other place so I view this as either having the Raider backfield on lockdown or having two teams starting RB's......If you think Javhid Best is the guy who limped around from weeks 3-17 than you think I made a horrible pick. I see him as the guy who put up a 20 and 50 point fantasy game in his only two games he was healthy. That to me is the real Javhid Best. I'd have picked him in the the second round if I did not think I could get him in the third. I won't deny he's a health concern but I won't question his toughness and willingness to play with pain after what he did last year. I really believe that if he and Stafford stay healthy this Lions offense is poised to enter the elite category and it would not surprise me one bit to see Best end up as the #1 RB in fantasy football.....Torain was someone I thought I'd gamble on that he would keep the job but gambling on a Shanny RB in training camp is difficult less yet in gambling in February. So I swung for the upside here which I do think is considerable. While he makes a potentially sick RB3 I'd rate this as my worst pick of the draft for the reasons I already had two RB's I covet, I don't 100% trust he keeps the job, he's not been durable, I could have used a WR here and most of all the value at RB later in the draft was extreme.

WR: My weakest position, probable bottom tier of league if not bottom 1-2 on paper and probably what will make or break me. As bad as my WR's look on paper I am of the belief that if healthy I've got 5 WR's right now that have a chance to be their teams #1 or #2 WR so points will come from them. Now I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that comment but I'll state my case. Santonio Holmes is to me a guy who has been a solid #2 fantasy WR but one who I think has talent to do more. He's been hamstrung but playing in conservative offenses with relatively low usage rates with just two years were he has surpassed 100 targets and only one year were he got true #1 WR targets with 138. Last year he was also held back by a still developing Sanchez. If he returns to the Jets I think he'll improve as I expect his usage to increase due to no Braylon, increased familiarity with system and Jets taking some of the reigns off Sanchez. However should he leave the Jets there are not many situations I could see him landing that are not better than playing with the Jets......Jerome Simpson. Obviously what he did to close the year out the last two weeks was huge. He's a very highly drafted guy taken at #46 overall so it's not as if he's lacks talent. The book on has always been that he came form a small school and was slow to understand the offense. I think it's fair to wonder if he now gets it and what that might mean to him. I think he's going to be the Bengals #1 WR with or without Ocho Cinco but at a minimum should start and be no worse than #2. Now I'll say when I selected him it was assuming Palmer was placated and would return. Now I'm not so sure and that's not good for Simpson. One thing about Palmer, even if you think he's lost his fastball , he has consistently made stars of his WR's. Housmanzadeh fell off the earth when he left and he breathed life back into TO. He's shown a willingness to throw often to his top WR's and he displayed a willingness to throw it often to Jerome Simpson when he got the chance.....Lance Moore. I want to say in a PPR league Moore was right around #24 or so in total fantasy points for the year. Knock him some spots for other WR's missing games and in terms of PPG it probably moved him from the lowest end WR2 to a middle to low end WR3 in terms of per game production. So for him to be what I consider my #3 WR this is not something I feel bad about at all because I think he can produce at that level again. Unlike the probable majority of people I think he'll be better off if the leaves the Saints and goes to a place were he sees more consistent targets which I believe even with an inferior QB will lead to a boost in his production. .....Mohammed Massquoi. First I have to say I was pleased to get him and McCoy in the 11th and 12th round. As my backup QB and 4th WR it's nice that they have potential for usage on any week they hookup on TD's. MM is a guy who started to produce a decent amount down the stretch after being hampered most of the year with a hamstring injury he got in pre-season. It's already been reported that the move to a pure West Coast system is better suited for his strengths and will lead to shorter passes. Right now he's the Browns #1 WR but even if they draft a WR at 1.4 or sign a FA WR and he moves to the Browns #2 WR I don't think it would hurt him so badly.....Chaz Schilens. I've been chasing him what seems like forever. Counting on him to be healthy is starting to seem like a giant stretch. But man when he gets healthy and in game shape he produces. Think about this, the Raiders held his roster spot open for over 3/4th of the season. You don't do that for a player you don't think is a difference maker to your offense. I don't know if he can be healthy or not but I think if he is he's the best WR on the Raiders. I look to add at least two more WR's to this position.

TE- Young and virtually unproven duo who I'm very fond off. Consider this a position of strength. Jimmy Graham is a guy I went into the draft targeting. I think he is about to take a giant leap into top tier elite status. He's a guy who was not expected to really be much of a contributor this year but ended up catching 26 passes for 5 TD's in just the second half of the year. I'm not sure he's a 70-80 catch TE due to the way the Saints spread the ball around. But over the past 3 years the Saints have thrown it to the TE's around 150 times a year which probably puts them among the league leaders. It's just that they were throwing it to a broke down Shockey, and two serviceable but average guys in David Thomas and Billy Miller and spreading it around to all the TE's. Grahams the only one of this group that has elite talent and I think he's the guy that grab the lions share of TE targets on this team.....Jermain Gresham. He managed to exceed the 50 catch mark as a rookie TE which probably has not happened 10 times in NFL history. He also had over 40 catches in his first 9 games before minor injuries and death of a family member caused him to miss a game and finish weakly. Now the fact he was able to do this in an offense that never features the TE and and instead heavily featured the TO and Ocho was very impressive. As soon as they got rid of Bratkowski and his TE unfriendly scheme I wanted to grab him. Putting in a WC system only makes me like him more.

K- Josh Brown and Mason Crosby. Not to much here as it seems just silly to say how much I like my kickers but I do and most of all I've got two of them I know will have jobs. I took Crosby first but actually like Brown more just thought he'd make it back to me.

D- Very weak group. Chiefs and Jaguars. Chiefs have spent majority of their high draft picks on that defense the last few years and right now it's filled with high potential young players which I think has a chance to translate to a playmaking type of defense. Jaguars were last picked defense. In that respect I think I got value because I'll take my chances they are not the worst defense.

Guys, if any of you are interested in joining an auction/salary cap league, I commish one in need of a few new owners.

$25 fee, small potatoes really.

Guys, if any of you are interested in joining an auction/salary cap league, I commish one in need of a few new owners.$25 fee, small potatoes really.
I'm interested in an auction/cap format. What is the league info & why the vacancies?

Guys, if any of you are interested in joining an auction/salary cap league, I commish one in need of a few new owners.

I'm interested in an auction/cap format. What is the league info & why the vacancies?
10 teams, league site The teams are open due to a combination of people not liking the format and starting lineups - we start a deep lineup, some don't like that. A mistake caused some issues earlier in the year but that's been solved.

10 teams, league site The teams are open due to a combination of people not liking the format and starting lineups - we start a deep lineup, some don't like that. A mistake caused some issues earlier in the year but that's been solved.
is this dynasty...?....would we be taking over a team, etc.....

is this dynasty...?....would we be taking over a team, etc.....
Dynasty, the entire Noll division is up for grabs. Big turnover after the first year as people realized they weren't into salary caps and auction. We have a couple teams already taken over, but the rosters will be dispersed.

QB - Manning, Palmer

RB - Foster, DWilliams, Tolbert

WR - Garcon, James Jones, Murphy, Ford, Burress, Washington, Avant, Henderson

TE - Cooley, Gronkowski

D - Chicago, Detriot

K - Keading, Vinatieri

Added Avant and Henderson, two WRs on prolific passing offenses. Henderson had a nice outing in the playoffs with 7-77-1. He also had 4 double digit scoring weeks last year. Any injury or departure from the Saints probably gives him a good chance to produce better than last year. Avant is being overlooked this year. His receptions and targets have increased every year 7-23-32-41-51 and 15-33-57-59-73. He also had a great playoff game and 4 double digit scoring weeks. I like these guys who step up in the playoffs. It demonstrates that their team depends on them when it counts. At 8 deep I should be able to muster enough points at WR to hang around for awhile.

One pick left...probably will be a RB flier.

QB: Freeman, Garrard

RB: Rice, Turner, T Jones, Slaton

WR: Bowe, Manningham, Shipley, Morgan, Bennett, Amendola, Cotchery, Hartline

TE: Oakland Zach Miller, Fasano

PK: Dawson, Nedney

D: Stillers

Blah. Picking near the turn presents a unique set of problems, though I made it to the Final Two last year doing it. I'm behind most at QB, praying like hell that my RBs don't get hurt, throwing crap against the wall at WR to see what sticks, ok at TE, behind the curve at K, and have one D.

Probably one of the poorer teams, but so much changes between now & September........

FUBAR:

Tony Romo DAL QB 7

Jason Campbell OAK QB 26

LeSean McCoy PHI RB 7

James Starks GB RB 33

Tashard Choice DAL RB 43

Montario Hardesty CLE RB 48

Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 7

Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 21

Mike Thomas JAC WR 37

Donnie Avery STL WR 68

Johnny Baldwin Rookie WR 77

Brandon Pettigrew DET TE 10

Tony Gonzalez ATL TE 12

San Francisco D/ST 14

Miami Dolphins D/ST 25

David Buehler DAL PK

I feel like I have a decent balance of safe plays with risk/reward potential. More risk at RB than I would like but that's what happens when you wait for your 2nd guy and depth. May have been better off taking a safer RB instead of McCoy but I like the kid. Gonzo's the only old guy I have, and I figure he'll be productive for another year or two.

Incidentally, depending on where Baldwin lands, I've successfully landed one representative from the AFC divisions but otherwise maintained a NFC roster. No promises, but I might keep that going now.

SF D, Miami D, Baldwin, Buehler

Frankly, not a whole lot of thought went into the D selections, almost took New Orleans instead of San Fran and Denver instead of Miami. Even gave thought to taking 3 but Ds don't miss games so it's more important to have balance elsewhere. I probably waited too long to take a difference making D but SF/Miami should suffice and I wanted Avery.

Baldwin is an obvious wildcard, when these drafts start I always tell myself to avoid rookies, but as we get into the choices are between low-ceiling types like Caddy or others still available, I tell myself it's okay to take the risk that the rookie will land on a good team. Got lucky last year with Aaron Hernandez and Bradford and while I don't see Baldwin going too early, I can easily see him drafted in the late 1st by a decent team like Chicago, New England or New Orleans (my money today is on Chicago). and he's the type of WR that could make an immediate impact. Or be a complete waste of a pick.

Since added Derrick Mason and Eric Decker, I might have too many WRs but Mason was too good a value to let drop any further plus I think he'll start the year decent and allow Baldwin a chance to contribute later. Decker is simply a matter of liking his talent and the Thomas injury.

Yellow Line is Unofficial:

Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF QB 23

Kerry Collins TEN QB 30

Marc Bulger BAL QB 35

Maurice Jones-Drew JAX RB 8

Peyton Hillis CLE RB 12

Pierre Thomas NO RB 38

Daniel Thomas Rookie RB 62

James Davis WAS RB 68

Wes Welker IND WR 13

Austin Collie IND WR 20

Steve Smith NYG WR 28

Chad Johnson CIN WR 31

Nate Burleson DET WR 62

Adrian Arrington NO WR 102

Tony Moeaki KC TE 22

John Carlson SEA TE 26

New Orleans D/ST 15

Houstan Texans D/ST 24

Dan Carpenter MIA PK 9

Ryan Succop KC PK 18

Here are my thoughts:

Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF QB 23

Kerry Collins TEN QB 30

Marc Bulger BAL QB 35

This is a pretty ugly group. Fitz was great last year in poins per game, I will need him to keep his job and preform like last year. I would love him as a #2 as a one, not so much. Collins was a horrible pick. If I get anything from him I will be lucky. Bulger, may get a crack at starting again, I'll need him to. Overall C-

Maurice Jones-Drew JAX RB 8

Peyton Hillis CLE RB 12

Pierre Thomas NO RB 38

Daniel Thomas Rookie RB 62

James Davis WAS RB 68

Could be a great group, How healthy will MJD be? He is a tough guy played almost all last year with the bum knee. Hillis should be a great fit in WCO could have 75+ catches, I'm not as worried about Hartesty as some, I just don't know if he can keep comong back from knee injuries. P Thomas should have a big role somwhere next year excellent pass protector and great in the screen game, I think he was way undervalued in all of the WSLs. D Thomas, who knows I thought he was good value where I picked him. Davis, any RB on the Washington roster has a chance to be the guy with Rat Shanahan coaching. Overall B+

Wes Welker NE WR 13

Austin Collie IND WR 20

Steve Smith NYG WR 28

Chad Johnson CIN WR 31

Nate Burleson DET WR 62

Adrian Arrington NO WR 102

Love this group. Could get 300 catches from the top three. Look at what Welker did the second half of the season coming off the ACL. Collie has to stay on the field, if he does he could have as many fantasy points as any PPR receiver in football. Smith is another good PPR receiver and Eli's security blanket. CJ 85 will have some good games and as WR4 should help this group. Burleson quietly had a good season, a healthy Stafford and Pettigrews continued development will only help. Arrington will be the #4 in New Orleans this year I believe. Moore is a UFA and Henderson is a questionmark. Arrington is a Moore clone, excellent route runner and great hands. Overall A

Tony Moeaki KC TE 22

John Carlson SEA TE 26

Not a bad group considering how long I waited. Moeaki very well could be #2 on the Chiefs in catches, young underrated TE. Carlson, it depends on which Carlson I get, the regular season version or the playoff one. Either way I think he is better the TE26. Overall C+

New Orleans D/ST 15

Houstan Texans D/ST 24

I have two defenses, trying to predict fasntasy defense scoring is almost impossible.

Dan Carpenter MIA PK 9

Ryan Succop KC PK 18

Two kickers with strong legs how should have jobs.

Overall I give this group B-/C+. I will go as far as QB play takes me. I can overcome bad play for a while but not all season. I will need a QB to step up to be around late.

NOt big on your team Yellow. And while I like your WR's they have so many question marks to be too my liking. Will Smith be back with NYG and how healthy. Collie is one hit away from being career ending. Welker is not a #1 guy and this will hurt him IMO. I do like Chad and think you got nice value on him.

Just dont see this one going to the end.

QB- Rivers, McCoy

TE- Graham, Gresham

K- Crosby, J Brown

D- Chiefs, Jaguars

QB: I think in the top tier of weekly points despite not having a strong #2.What Rivers did last year with his depleted WR corp really sold me on him and now that I anticipate him heading into next season with Gates, VJAX and Floyd I anticipate him having his best season yet and I think he has a good shot to challenge the 40 TD mark. Also looking at Rivers last year in the first 10 games he had one sub 20 point fantasy game and 4 sub 20 point fantasy games over his last 6 which I think was largely a result of injuries to Gates, Floyd and Crayton leaving him with little to work with. If his WR corp holds up and he stays healthy like he normally does I don't see me using Colt very often......McCoy is not a strong #2 but he represented good value to me in that he was the last QB available who I consider to be locked in as his teams opening day starting QB. I also thought he looked pretty good last season but more in terms of real football than fantasy. I think the move to the pure West Coast system and probable upgrades to his WR corp along with second year growth have the chance to turn him from a weak #2 to at least a solid #2 fantasy QB.

RB: My top position. I could be wrong on this but I think if we look at RB's who played in at least a few games Mcfadden was #2 RB to Foster in fantasy PPG and along with Foster the only other RB to surpass the 20 fantasy point per game mark. What was especially impressive is a few of these games he was playing without being healthy. Speaking of health missing 3 games and past injury history's are really his only question marks but I've got Michael Bush to cover for that. If Bush should actually leave the Raiders I'd assume it's for a starters gig some other place so I view this as either having the Raider backfield on lockdown or having two teams starting RB's......If you think Javhid Best is the guy who limped around from weeks 3-17 than you think I made a horrible pick. I see him as the guy who put up a 20 and 50 point fantasy game in his only two games he was healthy. That to me is the real Javhid Best. I'd have picked him in the the second round if I did not think I could get him in the third. I won't deny he's a health concern but I won't question his toughness and willingness to play with pain after what he did last year. I really believe that if he and Stafford stay healthy this Lions offense is poised to enter the elite category and it would not surprise me one bit to see Best end up as the #1 RB in fantasy football.....Torain was someone I thought I'd gamble on that he would keep the job but gambling on a Shanny RB in training camp is difficult less yet in gambling in February. So I swung for the upside here which I do think is considerable. While he makes a potentially sick RB3 I'd rate this as my worst pick of the draft for the reasons I already had two RB's I covet, I don't 100% trust he keeps the job, he's not been durable, I could have used a WR here and most of all the value at RB later in the draft was extreme.

WR: My weakest position, probable bottom tier of league if not bottom 1-2 on paper and probably what will make or break me. As bad as my WR's look on paper I am of the belief that if healthy I've got 5 WR's right now that have a chance to be their teams #1 or #2 WR so points will come from them. Now I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that comment but I'll state my case. Santonio Holmes is to me a guy who has been a solid #2 fantasy WR but one who I think has talent to do more. He's been hamstrung but playing in conservative offenses with relatively low usage rates with just two years were he has surpassed 100 targets and only one year were he got true #1 WR targets with 138. Last year he was also held back by a still developing Sanchez. If he returns to the Jets I think he'll improve as I expect his usage to increase due to no Braylon, increased familiarity with system and Jets taking some of the reigns off Sanchez. However should he leave the Jets there are not many situations I could see him landing that are not better than playing with the Jets......Jerome Simpson. Obviously what he did to close the year out the last two weeks was huge. He's a very highly drafted guy taken at #46 overall so it's not as if he's lacks talent. The book on has always been that he came form a small school and was slow to understand the offense. I think it's fair to wonder if he now gets it and what that might mean to him. I think he's going to be the Bengals #1 WR with or without Ocho Cinco but at a minimum should start and be no worse than #2. Now I'll say when I selected him it was assuming Palmer was placated and would return. Now I'm not so sure and that's not good for Simpson. One thing about Palmer, even if you think he's lost his fastball , he has consistently made stars of his WR's. Housmanzadeh fell off the earth when he left and he breathed life back into TO. He's shown a willingness to throw often to his top WR's and he displayed a willingness to throw it often to Jerome Simpson when he got the chance.....Lance Moore. I want to say in a PPR league Moore was right around #24 or so in total fantasy points for the year. Knock him some spots for other WR's missing games and in terms of PPG it probably moved him from the lowest end WR2 to a middle to low end WR3 in terms of per game production. So for him to be what I consider my #3 WR this is not something I feel bad about at all because I think he can produce at that level again. Unlike the probable majority of people I think he'll be better off if the leaves the Saints and goes to a place were he sees more consistent targets which I believe even with an inferior QB will lead to a boost in his production. .....Mohammed Massquoi. First I have to say I was pleased to get him and McCoy in the 11th and 12th round. As my backup QB and 4th WR it's nice that they have potential for usage on any week they hookup on TD's. MM is a guy who started to produce a decent amount down the stretch after being hampered most of the year with a hamstring injury he got in pre-season. It's already been reported that the move to a pure West Coast system is better suited for his strengths and will lead to shorter passes. Right now he's the Browns #1 WR but even if they draft a WR at 1.4 or sign a FA WR and he moves to the Browns #2 WR I don't think it would hurt him so badly.....Chaz Schilens. I've been chasing him what seems like forever. Counting on him to be healthy is starting to seem like a giant stretch. But man when he gets healthy and in game shape he produces. Think about this, the Raiders held his roster spot open for over 3/4th of the season. You don't do that for a player you don't think is a difference maker to your offense. I don't know if he can be healthy or not but I think if he is he's the best WR on the Raiders. I look to add at least two more WR's to this position.

TE- Young and virtually unproven duo who I'm very fond off. Consider this a position of strength. Jimmy Graham is a guy I went into the draft targeting. I think he is about to take a giant leap into top tier elite status. He's a guy who was not expected to really be much of a contributor this year but ended up catching 26 passes for 5 TD's in just the second half of the year. I'm not sure he's a 70-80 catch TE due to the way the Saints spread the ball around. But over the past 3 years the Saints have thrown it to the TE's around 150 times a year which probably puts them among the league leaders. It's just that they were throwing it to a broke down Shockey, and two serviceable but average guys in David Thomas and Billy Miller and spreading it around to all the TE's. Grahams the only one of this group that has elite talent and I think he's the guy that grab the lions share of TE targets on this team.....Jermain Gresham. He managed to exceed the 50 catch mark as a rookie TE which probably has not happened 10 times in NFL history. He also had over 40 catches in his first 9 games before minor injuries and death of a family member caused him to miss a game and finish weakly. Now the fact he was able to do this in an offense that never features the TE and and instead heavily featured the TO and Ocho was very impressive. As soon as they got rid of Bratkowski and his TE unfriendly scheme I wanted to grab him. Putting in a WC system only makes me like him more.

K- Josh Brown and Mason Crosby. Not to much here as it seems just silly to say how much I like my kickers but I do and most of all I've got two of them I know will have jobs. I took Crosby first but actually like Brown more just thought he'd make it back to me.

D- Very weak group. Chiefs and Jaguars. Chiefs have spent majority of their high draft picks on that defense the last few years and right now it's filled with high potential young players which I think has a chance to translate to a playmaking type of defense. Jaguars were last picked defense. In that respect I think I got value because I'll take my chances they are not the worst defense.
Added:

WR-Ben Obamanu and Brandon Lafell. Both of these guys should at worse be in the top 3 WR mix for their teams with both having what I view as a legitimate chance to be weak #1 WR's for their teams. So usable players with upside at my weakest position. Lafell is my 7th WR so hopefully I've got enough numbers to get production from that position.

RB- Taiwan Jones Wanted to add a 5th RB and had to decide between handcuffing a guy like Javhid Best with Kevin Smith or taking a flier on a rookie. The Smith pick bored me, I have no rookies and felt I could afford to take a shot at a small college star with big play potential who currently projects as a 3rd-4th rounder.

NOt big on your team Yellow. And while I like your WR's they have so many question marks to be too my liking. Will Smith be back with NYG and how healthy. Collie is one hit away from being career ending. Welker is not a #1 guy and this will hurt him IMO. I do like Chad and think you got nice value on him.

Just dont see this one going to the end.
Well, thats why we play them out. I will take issue with a couple of things you said.

"Welker is not a #1 guy and this will hurt him IMO." I guess you mean he is a slot receiver, I don't see how that hurts him. Welker was WR10 in PPR the second half of last year. After NE cut a #1 guy.

"Will Smith be back with NYG and how healthy." I think he will be back with the Giants, although I'm not sure that matters. Is he any more of an injury risk than Nicks?

" Collie is one hit away from being career ending." True, high risk pick, however if he stays on the field he could be huge. He was WR4 in PPR in Points per game. I would have liked him on round later, but I know he wasn't coming back to me.

"Just dont see this one going to the end." Agreed, just don't think it will be the WRs that are the downfall.

QB- Rivers, McCoy

TE- Graham, Gresham

K- Crosby, J Brown

D- Chiefs, Jaguars

Added:

WR-Ben Obamanu and Brandon Lafell. Both of these guys should at worse be in the top 3 WR mix for their teams with both having what I view as a legitimate chance to be weak #1 WR's for their teams. So usable players with upside at my weakest position. Lafell is my 7th WR so hopefully I've got enough numbers to get production from that position.

RB- Taiwan Jones Wanted to add a 5th RB and had to decide between handcuffing a guy like Javhid Best with Kevin Smith or taking a flier on a rookie. The Smith pick bored me, I have no rookies and felt I could afford to take a shot at a small college star with big play potential who currently projects as a 3rd-4th rounder.
Nice draft, If you get production from that rag tag group you call WRs, you could make a deep run.

...Collins was a horrible pick. If I get anything from him I will be lucky.
For where you were at the point when you drafted him, I don't think Collins was a bad pick at all. Your options were Henne (granted, you could have had him 4 rounds later), rookies, Alex Smith, Clausen... Collins was easily the best choice from that group and you needed a QB badly. Your mistake IMO was simply undervaluing the position. Instead of having Steve Smith you could have had Matt Ryan or one of the studs instead of Hillis and then Fitz as your #2 and been good to go. Those are the only two picks I think you would have been much better off taking a QB at.

The problem with 16 team leagues and the QB position is you have to take one before you think you should, or risk missing out with a run. I almost took Wes instead of Romo but then I'd probably have been in the same position. Plus with this scoring, QBs are simply worth more than most people are accustomed to.

Your team otherwise is fine, but unless Fitz surprises, that will be your downfall.

QB- Rivers, McCoyRB- Mcfadden, Best, Torain, M BushWR- Holmes, Simpson, L Moore, Masaquoi, SchillensTE- Graham, GreshamK- Crosby, J BrownD- Chiefs, Jaguars
Nice draft, If you get production from that rag tag group you call WRs, you could make a deep run.
Yeah, that's the thing here, all of us have a perceived weak spot or two right now and will need some breaks there to win it. IMO meno simply has too much risk built in. Rivers is the only guy I personally look at and think he's a lock to perform well. The RBs could but the injury risks are high, the WRs look like boom or busts, the TEs have a lot of risk but star potential, and the Ds aren't strong. This is the kind of team that can win it and he'll look like a genius, or can lose early and big.

This team is built to win from September thru mid otober

HellToupee:

Matt Schaub HOU QB 9

Cam Newton Rookie QB 32

Blaine Gabbert Rookie QB 33

Marshawn Lynch SEA RB 26

Ryan Grant GB RB 30

Fred Jackson BUF RB 31

Mike Goodson CAR RB 40

Tim Hightower ARI RB 50

Hakeem Nicks NYG WR 4

Mike Williams TB WR 15

Percy Harvin MIN WR 29

Anthony Armstrong WAS WR 54

Seyi Ajiroututu SD WR 98

Andre Roberts ARI WR 101

Jason Witten DAL TE 1

Jacob Tamme IND TE 28

Tampa Bay Buccaneers D/ST 18

Indianapolis Colts D/ST 22

Nick Folk NYJ PK 11

Robbie Gould CHI PK 15

Matt Schaub HOU QB 9

Cam Newton Rookie QB 32

Blaine Gabbert Rookie QB 33

Happy with Schaub as my #1 but QB is going to be my reason for an early exit .Gave serious thought about going Freeman over Schaub.I need some real help from one of the two rookies.The game plan on the fly after getting caught on the backup QB run was to fill in with Henne & Grossman . Slow played Henne for too long and decided to go balls out with the rooks. Got caught with my pants down here

Marshawn Lynch SEA RB 26

Ryan Grant GB RB 30

Fred Jackson BUF RB 31

Mike Goodson CAR RB 40

Tim Hightower ARI RB 50

Certainly some question marks here at RB but I think this group will be ok . Lynch better be in beast mode. Toyed with the idea of drafting Grant & Starks but decided Fred Jackson was the way to go. Hoping Williams is gone from Carolina so Goodson can build on last season. Hightower , meh.

Hakeem Nicks NYG WR 4

Mike Williams TB WR 15

Percy Harvin MIN WR 29

Anthony Armstrong WAS WR 54

Seyi Ajirotutu SD WR 98

Andre Roberts ARI WR 101

Love my top 3 , I think there isn't a better group of three in the league. I'm satisfied with Armstrong for my 4th , gave thought to Jacoby Jones here. Uh oh my 5th falls way off the table , we'll see what shakes out in SD. I like Roberts and think he'll be somewhat productive . I thought he was drafted earlier and would have taken him instead of SA in the 19th.

Jason Witten DAL TE 1

Jacob Tamme IND TE 28

No gripes here at all.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers D/ST 18

Indianapolis Colts D/ST 22

Nick Folk NYJ PK 11

Robbie Gould CHI PK 15

Two PKs with a job. Check.

All in all a very average team with shaky backup QBs & serious questions at RB

QB1 M. Vick

QB2 V. Young

QB3 M. Kafka

RB1 K. Moreno

RB2 B. Green-Ellis

RB3 R. Bush

RB4 B. Tate

RB5 D. Sproles

WR1 A. Boldin

WR2 B. Edwards

WR3 D. Bess

WR4 E. Sanders

WR5 D. McCluster

WR6 B. Gibson

TE1 J. Finley

TE2 M. Lewis

PK1 M. Prater

PK2 J. Hanson

Def1 Cincinnati

Def2 Carolina

QB – With both Vick and his backup (assuming Kolb goes somewhere) I should be ok at QB. Philly offense is consistent year in and year out with the Vick factor now taking it to another level. Young is just a hunch. I got him in WSL3 too just because I like his talent and think he should be given a starters job somewhere. I said Arz when I drafted him but I also think if he ends up in Seattle or Oak or Mia he will be solid. If he lands in Min he could be very good.

RB – Moreno should be decent but after that I have a bunch of question marks. Bush and Sproles were both bargain picks where I took them. Green-Ellis is probably a wasted pick but with NE you just never know what they will do at RB. They may just decide that what they have is good enough. Tate probably only has value if Foster goes down, but could be huge then.

WR – Nothing flashy and certainly one of the weaker WR groups overall but I think they will end up closer to middle of the pack than most here will think. Boldin had more downs than ups this year but still has the potential to put up much better numbers. Edwards is not a lock to return to NYJ but I think he could do at least as well anywhere else and could land somewhere much better for him. Bess is a steady guy for a WR3. Sanders has shown flashes in limited work, especially on 3rd downs. He could get a lot more work next year. McCluster and Gibson are decent gambles on improving offenses.

TE – Finley returning from and injury is a risk in the 2nd round but could be huge and Lewis is as good a bet as any to be the top target in Jax next year.

PK and DEF – I have 2 of each.

One thing I did well was to spread out my picks over dif teams. Over all I see this team as middle of the pack if it were a total points league. In Survivor, middle of the pack is good enough to last and we’ll see how long this one lasts.

krsone21:

Sam Bradford ATL QB 15

Matthew Stafford DET QB 18

Rashard Mendenhall PIT RB 9

Ryan Matthews SDC RB 19

Danny Woodhead NE RB 39

Anthony Dixon SF RB 63

Keiland Williams WAS RB 72

Greg Jennings GB WR 5

Brandon Marshall MIA WR 19

A.J. Green Rookie WR 40

Steve Breaston ARI WR 63

Eddie Royal DEN WR 67

Brian Robiskie CLE WR 85

Aaron Hernandez NE TE 18

Visanthe Shiancoe MIN TE 25

Jeremy Shockey NO TE 33

Atlanta Falcons D/ST 16

Tennessee Titans D/ST 23

David Akers PHI PK 10

Garrett Hartley NO PK 17

1) QB: I like these two young QB's that I drafted. I know there is risk going with two young QB's but I believe also that if they play up to the ability that I know they can play there is also a high reward as well. I believe that if both play up to that ability and stay healthy, admittedly that's a big if with Stafford concerning health and injury, however if they both live up to my expectations then each week I should be able to garner a 20+ score from this position. In the two games that Stafford did play the whole game he scored over 25+ points. That's why I risked rolling with him as my #2 because definatly risk there but the reward if he works out is even higher.

2) RB: I like my running backs. Nothing fancy but I believe they will give me what I need each week. I think Mendenhall will be steady all year long. Matthews is a guy that I think will only get better next year and will improve upon this years numbers. Once again I think Matthews will give me solid #2 numbers all year long. For depth I drafted Woodhead, Dixon, and Williams. Woodhead had a good year last year and catches a good amount of balls out of the backfield, which is good for a PPR league. Dixon I like because if Gore does go down then I can see him atleast splitting time with someone if not getting the Lions share. Also Dixon might see some work even if Gore does stay healthy because they could use Dixon to give Gore some rest to save wear & tear on his body. In the 19th round I was happy to land Keiland Williams. He caught a decent amount of balls out of the backfield for Washington this past year, which in PPR league means a guy that can be useful even if he is not the full time starter. All in all I think I can get a few productive weeks out of Woodhead, Dixon, and Williams.

3) WR: I really like my top 2 WR's in, Jennings and Marshall. I think I will get very good and consistent production from the two. After that I think with A.J. Green who I really like, Breaston, Royal and Robiskie will help to combine and give me consistent WR #3 production through out the year and fill in nicely for bye weeks as long as I don't have too many people on bye at the same time. I think Breaston and Royal will each give me a few good weeks during the year. A.J. Green is a wild card for me. If he goes to a team with atleast a decent QB then I can see him having a good season but if he goes to a team with a weak QB then that could hurt his production some. I was excited to get Robiskie as my 6th WR. I was targeting him and hoping he would last till I was able to pick him. I think with the Browns switching to a west coast offense will suite his playing style better and I can see him improving upon last years numbers and maybe even giving a couple weeks of good production.

4) TE: I got into the TE game late so I decided to roll with 3 TE's in the hope that atleats one can give me a decent score each week. This is definatly my weakest unit on my team. I like Hernandez as a rookie he put up some very nice numbers. I will be happy if he does as well in 2011 as he did in 2010. Visanthe Shiancoe had a down year TD's wise. His receptions and yardage actually wasn't that far off from the previous year. His biggest falloff was going from 11 TD's in 2009 down to only 2 in 2010. If he can atleast get around the same number of receptions and yards at the past 2 years and meet somewhere in the middle in TD's say anywhere from 6-8, then I think he will be a good pickup for me and definatly give me a few good weeks during the season. I can't argue grabbing Jeremy Shockey in the 20th round. I know he is injury prone and has slowed down some but definatly worth the risk this late in the draft. I believe that he will be released by the Saints and with any luck he will be picked up by a team that knows how to use a TE and get him the ball some. If he can stay relatively healthy and go to a decent team that used their TE's then he could be a steel this late in the draft *crossing fingers*.

5) D/ST: Not much to say here, got to decent defenses nothing fancy. Between the two thought I'm sure I can get a decent score each week.

5) PK: I like my kickers alot. Both are on teams that can move the ball up and down the field so I think they will get their opputunities during the season. I should get a good score each week from the pair.

All in all I like my team. I admit their is some high risk/high reward in some of the players, especially at QB. I admit my TE's are weak but you never know if someone might step it up and surprise a person. Like I said in a earlier post I think my team will live and die with the development and health of Bradford and Stafford.

I'll throw some grades up for my group, but I'll be honest and say that I haven't looked at the rest of the rosters in full detail for comparsion sake.

QB - Manning, Palmer - Manning is a top five lock, Palmer an above average backup. Somebody has a better pair so grade A-.

RB - Foster, DWilliams, Tolbert, Gerhart - If I can get 80% of the 2010 Foster and 80% of the 2008 DWill I'll be ahead of most eveyone in the league. Tolbert should be good for goal line touches. I expect Matthews to be worked in more this year, but Tolbert did enough to warrant future carries. I always find it interesting that we go 10 deep or so on rookie RBs and guys like Gerhart that would go like that in the 2010 draft are forgotten. Gerhart should be good for a few emergency points and is in a great position if ADP misses time. Grade B

WR - Garcon, James Jones, Murphy, Ford, Burress, Washington, Avant, Henderson - Ouch. Garcon is not a reliable number one or even number two for that matter. Went with a guy with upside in a hogh powered offense. Same thoughts about JJ. Murphy/Ford should get me decent production between the two of them. Love this approach in best ball. Burress was an attempt to find WR2 production late. Nate...who knows. Avant/Henderson will probably gvie me 8-10 decent scoring weeks between the two of them. Definately thin at the top, but I'm lobbing enough gernades that something should stick. Grade D.

TE - Cooley, Gronkowski - Once again Cooley is underrated. Gronko and his knack for TDs is a perfect compliment in best ball for a steady guy like Cooley. Grade B.

D - Chicago, Detriot - Got two of the Ds with good sack potential. Grade B

K - Keading, Vinatieri - Got two that a very good. Heck, I probably oWned the league at this position. Grade A+

Overall - Above average against the field at every position except WR, which while bad, isn't a total abortion. There are better teams, but if there's a season and the byes don't hurt too bad, I should make it to the halfway point.

I like your team overall Krsone. I think you hit most parts on the head in your analysis

Bnb. Great QB duo, nice RB starters but depth is an issue with an injury, hope the WR approach works. Very solid TE, PK and D. Like Krsone though better.

QB: Brees, Flacco

I think the most important position and thus was the first to grab my backup and got one of the top 6 also. I think Flacco is underrated usually as most take Ryan before him but I think Baltimore is the better team with better options for Flacco as Gonzo is in big decline and Turner is getting old.

RB: Wells, LT, Leshoure, Snelling, Kendall Hunter, Taylor. For being the last to draft a RB(and was not close), i am pretty happy with this group. I expect Leshoure to move up much higher in the next draft and so could Hunter. Both rookies have good things I read that will get them on the field early. LT will provide stability and Taylor/Snelling will give me some TD's and receptions to give me weeks here and there. Beanie is the key to success probably as I hope he finally lives up to the talent. But the reason I went 6. Of course having stud units elsewhere allowed me to focus here. My approach looks real nice because of this unit

WR: A Johnson, Crabtree, Julio Jones, Nelson, Hester. Da. Williams. This group is interesting. Andre is a stud and gives me top production. Crabtree hopefully improves more with the experience. Jones will go in round 1 and no later than the Rams. I think he sees the field early and produces some nice points. Nelson played pretty well done the stretch and playoffs and I see next year going like this or better. That should provide me with nice starts every 3 games at least. Hester was blah but provides a nice backup to give me a week every once in a while. Some real nice picks after me in the 19th that I looked hard at(Decker, Roberts, Gaffney) but went with Williams because I think he will kind of breakout this year. LIke what he brings to the table. Could have got him in 20th probably but was not even sure what position I wanted so I grabbed him early.

TE: Davis, Winslow. Top notch. ONe of the best duos in the draft. Was never my intention to go Winslow but he was too good of value at the time and with QB gave me a leg up on the league'

PK: Gostkowski, Feely. I like this duo as good as anyones. I guess Gostkowski dropped because of injury because he could be the #1 PK in August that is drafted. Both will have jobs to open next season. Some owners in our league will not have this.

D: Pats, Chargers. 2 younger D's with great O's that get garbage points while teams try to comeback. I really wanted the Packers D but they went before my pick

Some players I would have drafted

QB: John Skelton. I am not sure why everyone is down on him starting. I think he should be the Cards QB and love his potential. Does a guy like Bulger really scare anyone and Kolb is very overrated IMO. Not going to lead anyone to the playoffs.

RB: Delone Carter. The rookie could provide nice production for someone

WR: Leonard Hankerson. Another rookie that I really wanted but did not fit into the plan in round 20. He would have been taken if Taylor was gone

TE: Evan Moore, James Casey. I really like both and either could surprise and be top 20 guys. Moore only has Watson in front of him and Houston is wide open. Maybe year 3 will be Casey;s

PK. Alex Henrey, Kai Forbath. Remember both of these young names as I think both start come opening day. If not for it not working last year with Tiffin, I would have grabbed one in round 20 as one of my opening plans.

QB: Brees, FlaccoI think the most important position and thus was the first to grab my backup and got one of the top 6 also. I think Flacco is underrated usually as most take Ryan before him but I think Baltimore is the better team with better options for Flacco as Gonzo is in big decline and Turner is getting old. RB: Wells, LT, Leshoure, Snelling, Kendall Hunter, Taylor. For being the last to draft a RB(and was not close), i am pretty happy with this group. I expect Leshoure to move up much higher in the next draft and so could Hunter. Both rookies have good things I read that will get them on the field early. LT will provide stability and Taylor/Snelling will give me some TD's and receptions to give me weeks here and there. Beanie is the key to success probably as I hope he finally lives up to the talent. But the reason I went 6. Of course having stud units elsewhere allowed me to focus here. My approach looks real nice because of this unitWR: A Johnson, Crabtree, Julio Jones, Nelson, Hester. Da. Williams. This group is interesting. Andre is a stud and gives me top production. Crabtree hopefully improves more with the experience. Jones will go in round 1 and no later than the Rams. I think he sees the field early and produces some nice points. Nelson played pretty well done the stretch and playoffs and I see next year going like this or better. That should provide me with nice starts every 3 games at least. Hester was blah but provides a nice backup to give me a week every once in a while. Some real nice picks after me in the 19th that I looked hard at(Decker, Roberts, Gaffney) but went with Williams because I think he will kind of breakout this year. LIke what he brings to the table. Could have got him in 20th probably but was not even sure what position I wanted so I grabbed him early. TE: Davis, Winslow. Top notch. ONe of the best duos in the draft. Was never my intention to go Winslow but he was too good of value at the time and with QB gave me a leg up on the league'PK: Gostkowski, Feely. I like this duo as good as anyones. I guess Gostkowski dropped because of injury because he could be the #1 PK in August that is drafted. Both will have jobs to open next season. Some owners in our league will not have this. D: Pats, Chargers. 2 younger D's with great O's that get garbage points while teams try to comeback. I really wanted the Packers D but they went before my pick Some players I would have draftedQB: John Skelton. I am not sure why everyone is down on him starting. I think he should be the Cards QB and love his potential. Does a guy like Bulger really scare anyone and Kolb is very overrated IMO. Not going to lead anyone to the playoffs. RB: Delone Carter. The rookie could provide nice production for someoneWR: Leonard Hankerson. Another rookie that I really wanted but did not fit into the plan in round 20. He would have been taken if Taylor was goneTE: Evan Moore, James Casey. I really like both and either could surprise and be top 20 guys. Moore only has Watson in front of him and Houston is wide open. Maybe year 3 will be Casey;sPK. Alex Henrey, Kai Forbath. Remember both of these young names as I think both start come opening day. If not for it not working last year with Tiffin, I would have grabbed one in round 20 as one of my opening plans.
QB: I'll disagree with the importance of this position. If you get the right one, one will do. I'd take Manning/Palmer over Brees/Flacco but it's a toss up. I don't like the Flacco pick. He was over-hyped last year. I believe on a ppg he drops from 11th to 18th in last year's stats. But the biggest reason is that he won't start often over Brees or add that many more points because Bree's has such a high weekly baseline. Brees was only under 20 pts three times last year. Last year the Brees/Flacco combo would have started Flacco 5 times for add'l pts in the amount of 10, 3, 31 (bye week), 4, 1. In the three games where Brees posted sub 20 point games of 18.2, 17.9, and 14.8; Flacco would have posted 10.6, 18.7, and 4.3. Meaning you still wouldn't have gotten 20 pts those weeks and Flacco only bested Brees in one of his down games to the tune of 0.8 pts. In summary, many other picks would have improved your overall team since you had Bree rostered.RB: This could get real ugly for you and I see limited upside. I don't see how LT cracks the top 15 next year. I've given up on Beanie, but even if you're right, it's a low powered offense and Hightower will get touches. Snelling will be important for your team and was a very good pick. Who knows on the rooks. I'd prefer them better on a team without the high risk in LT/Wells. LT was a great value where you took him and may have salvaged things for you.WR: AJ basically ='s two WR so you're in pretty good sharp. Without a solid QB I don't see Crabtree breaking out to the level of his talent. The Nelson pick will depend on Driver/Jones and the Julio on where he goes. Above average but I'm sure there are better units that were drafted.TE: I think Winslow was a steal for you. Actually like Davis more since you have Crabtree. Not many people will compete with you here.D: Really like both of those picks.K: Agree with you here. Gostkowski shouldn't be sliding this far.I like your team a whole lot more with Harvin/McCoy over Flacco/Jones. Overall your team is hard to pin down because there are so many open questions marks which could propel it up or cripple (excuse the pun) it.

All teams are now up to date and ready for discussion, critique, and grades or whatever trips your trigger.

Gamma1210:

Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 8

Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB 27

Charlie Whitehurst SEA QB 37

Frank Gore SF RB 10

Cedric Benson CIN RB 25

Donald Brown IND RB 51

Cadillac Williams TB RB 61

Roddy White ATL WR 3

Dez Bryant DAL WR 16

Deion Branch NE WR 39

Mike Sims-Walker JAC WR 52

Roy Williams DAL WR 74

Golden Tate SEA WR 84

Antonio Brown PIT WR 99

Owen Daniels HOU TE 11

Heath Miller PIT TE 20

Green Bay Packers D/ST 5

Minnesota Vikings D/ST 20

Billy Cundiff BAL PK 13

Shaun Suisham PIT PK 30

I really like waht Gamma did here. Sort of the all value team.

QB: I think I heard something about Ben being a top five ff QB on a per game basis. I think the Whitehurst pick was a cop out. Doesn't add value to the team, especially if you believe enough in Hass to take him earlier. Getting the Pitt backup would have been a better hedge.

RB: Gore and Benson both went below their historical output. Brown is nice upside pick and Caddy will still be involved. Dixon would have been a good target for this team.

WR: White is a stud and Dez/Branch will be huge in this format with their monster games. Walker has displayed talent in the past and ROY showed some in the past. These guys remind me of Antonio Bryant the year he blew up out of nowhere. Tate's a great late pick and I don't know anything about Brown.

TE: Two guys who have been studs in the past but now are not in vogue. Miller finished the year strong and is grossly under valued this year.

D: Two good ones.

K: I'm worried about Suisham being back in Pitt.

Very low risk team which should keep it around for awhile. Needs to really nail one of the RBs to be able to make a title run. A fifth RB who have been a better pick than a backup QB.

Much like an investment portfolio, I like to see a balance of safe plays and risk/reward. I value a strong QB1, and WR/TE more than the others unless the RBs are so good to carry the team. Don't care about kicker. With that in mind... Top 3 teams that I like:

Gamma1210:

QB: Roethlisberger, Hass, Whitehurst

RB: Gore, Benson, DBrown, Caddy

WR: Roddy, Dez, Branch, MSW, Roy, Golden Tate, ABrown,

TE: Daniels, Heath

D/ST: Packers, Vikings

PK: Cundiff, Suisham

- Ben was a great value and I don't mind the Seattle QBs. Assuming Benson starts next year and Gore stays healthy, nice RBs (somewhat risky). I like the WRs a lot as I expect Dez to be a top 12 type this year and he has depth. Daniels and Heath were values who I expect to rebound this year. Good D.

Getinthemix:

QB: Eli, McNabb, Henne

RB: ADP, Felix, Spiller, Ryan Williams, Jacquizz

WR: Austin, VJ, DThomas, Jacoby Jones, Gettis, Torrey Smith

TE: Celek, Dickson

D/ST: Giants, Cowboys

PK: Janikowski, Rackers

- Assuming McNabb starts somewhere next year and I think Henne at least begins the season as starter, a decent QB trio. RBs with nice potential and one of the best as the #1. We won't find a better WR 1/2, but the 3rd will be tough. TE is a little weak but otherwise good balance across the board.

Uruk-Hai:

QB: Freeman, Garrard

RB: Rice, Turner, TJones, Slaton

WR: Bowe, Mario, Amendola, Shipley, Bennet, Morgan, Cotchery, Hartline, Reed

TE: Zack Miller, Fasano

D/ST: Steelers

PK: Dawson, Nedney

- I like Freeman and Garrard is a nice, safe, QB2. Rice and Turner probably make the top RB duo. I like Bowe and Mario enough and think he'll get good production on a rotating basis at #3. Miller was a nice value and he has the top D/ST. This one looks like it could bust if the WRs don't perform but I think the RBs carry him through the first half of the season at least.

Teams that I don't (which means one of these is probably going to win this)

BassNBrew:

QB: Peyton, Palmer

RB: AF, DWill, Tolbert, Gerhart

WR: Garcon, JJ, Ford, Murphy, Plaxico, Washington, Avant, Henderson

TE: Cooley, Gronk

D/ST: Bears, Lions

PK: Kaeding, Vinny

- Good drafter here but what is he thinking at WR? :shrug: I have a bad feeling about Foster but most likely he'll be top 10 even if he falls some. DWill landing in a nice spot would make this team a contender but I don't like it right now.

Yellow Line is Unofficial:

QB: Fitz, Collins, Bulger

RB: MJD, Hillis, Thomas, Thomas, JDavis

WR: Wes, Collie, Smith, 85, Burleson, AA

TE: Moeaki, Carlson

D/ST: Saints, Texans

PK: Carpenter, Succop

- I just don't see winning this with a weak QB. Plus, MJD's injury scared me off of him and the TE is risky.

krsone21:

QB: Bradford, Stafford

RB: Mendy, Matthews, Woodhead, Dixon, Keiland

WR: Jennings, Marshall, Green, Breaston, Royal, Robi,

TE: Hernandez, Shiancoe, Shockey

D/ST: Falcons, Titans

PK: Akers, Hartley

- Funny, aside from the QBs, as I re-copy the roster I like this team more than I did at first.

Surprised my team was liked so much, BnB looking back I think I agree about the Whitehurst pick. When I made the Hass pick I just put it in my head I would grab him at the end. I probably need a 5th RB. I wanted Dixon as a handcuff to gore, but he went earlier than I had planned and I needed to get more productive players at that point. If Brown and Caddy get on the field a good amount I should be ok, otherwise the lack of depth will kill me.

FUBAR said:

BassNBrew:

- Good drafter here but what is he thinking at WR? :IBTL: I have a bad feeling about Foster but most likely he'll be top 10 even if he falls some. DWill landing in a nice spot would make this team a contender but I don't like it right now.
Here's what I was thinking...Last year I finished tied for second of 144 in the ultimate survivor contest and just missed winning by a whisker. Here were my WRs

Weeks 1-5: Avery, Douglas, Gonzalez, Henderson, Mason, Moore, CJ

Weeks 6-10: Bryant, Cotchery, Henderson, Manningham, Moore, Shipley, Devin Thomas, Ward

Weeks 11-16: Austin, Driver, James Jones, Massaquoi, Meachump, Moore, Moss, Tate

Those are some pretty brutal WRs for a ppr league. That said, they did enough to keep chugging along. I didn't get many huge weeks from any individual players, but the sheer number of guys rostered and locking up the NO 2/3 WR usually got me decent numbers.

Garcon and Jones = WR1 Maybe not AJ type of numbers, but middle of the road WR1 numbers.

Ford/Murphy = WR2 The combo approach works real well in bb format.

Washington/Avant/Henderson = WR3 This is where going 8 deep really improves things.

Burress = ???

I graded myself out as a D at WR, maybe should have been a D-. Obviously I'm not over hyping the guys, but I don't think I'm looking at a total abortion with the approach I took.

Surprised my team was liked so much, BnB looking back I think I agree about the Whitehurst pick. When I made the Hass pick I just put it in my head I would grab him at the end. I probably need a 5th RB. I wanted Dixon as a handcuff to gore, but he went earlier than I had planned and I needed to get more productive players at that point. If Brown and Caddy get on the field a good amount I should be ok, otherwise the lack of depth will kill me.
It's one of those teams that doesn't have a lot of shine, but has a lot of meat.The comment about Whitehurst was really more about how good Big Ben is. If a guy like Flacco or Sanchez was you QB1, then I could see the need for Whitehurst.

FUBAR said:

BassNBrew:

- Good drafter here but what is he thinking at WR? :shrug: I have a bad feeling about Foster but most likely he'll be top 10 even if he falls some. DWill landing in a nice spot would make this team a contender but I don't like it right now.
Here's what I was thinking...Last year I finished tied for second of 144 in the ultimate survivor contest and just missed winning by a whisker. Here were my WRs

Weeks 1-5: Avery, Douglas, Gonzalez, Henderson, Mason, Moore, CJ

Weeks 6-10: Bryant, Cotchery, Henderson, Manningham, Moore, Shipley, Devin Thomas, Ward

Weeks 11-16: Austin, Driver, James Jones, Massaquoi, Meachump, Moore, Moss, Tate

Those are some pretty brutal WRs for a ppr league. That said, they did enough to keep chugging along. I didn't get many huge weeks from any individual players, but the sheer number of guys rostered and locking up the NO 2/3 WR usually got me decent numbers.

Garcon and Jones = WR1 Maybe not AJ type of numbers, but middle of the road WR1 numbers.

Ford/Murphy = WR2 The combo approach works real well in bb format.

Washington/Avant/Henderson = WR3 This is where going 8 deep really improves things.

Burress = ???

I graded myself out as a D at WR, maybe should have been a D-. Obviously I'm not over hyping the guys, but I don't think I'm looking at a total abortion with the approach I took.
I don't think it's a disaster and I hope you don't take my commentary as stating anything other than I liked 13 teams better and your WRs were the main reason why. The only thing I disagree with here is "

On a PPG basis, Garcon was somewhere around #20-24. Jones might step it up and be good, but unless you get really lucky on their big games, I don't see a "mid WR1" here even as a combo. Luck plays a HUGE factor in best ball, so maybe Garcon + Avant could outscore combos like Roddy and Golden Tate, but I don't like the odds. Might not matter of course if Peyton is a big enough factor and your RBs dominate which is entirely possible. I just want at least one guy I feel confident in at each position, at WR preferably two. I don't see that at WR for you. That's not even considering that your top WR is your top QB's #3 target. Could work out of course, I just don't like it.

It's one of those teams that doesn't have a lot of shine, but has a lot of meat.The comment about Whitehurst was really more about how good Big Ben is. If a guy like Flacco or Sanchez was you QB1, then I could see the need for Whitehurst.
It's funny how we look at this differently, I like the Whitehurst pick. I realize it's a stretch, but Ben could get injured or have a late bye week. Hass is not a lock to start all year. Whitehurst looks like a pick that probably won't matter but could save his season. Low risk/cost, I look at it similar to my Grossman pick. Hopefully it won't matter but it might.

I don't think it's a disaster and I hope you don't take my commentary as stating anything other than I liked 13 teams better and your WRs were the main reason why. The only thing I disagree with here is "

On a PPG basis, Garcon was somewhere around #20-24. Jones might step it up and be good, but unless you get really lucky on their big games, I don't see a "mid WR1" here even as a combo. Luck plays a HUGE factor in best ball, so maybe Garcon + Avant could outscore combos like Roddy and Golden Tate, but I don't like the odds. Might not matter of course if Peyton is a big enough factor and your RBs dominate which is entirely possible. I just want at least one guy I feel confident in at each position, at WR preferably two. I don't see that at WR for you. That's not even considering that your top WR is your top QB's #3 target. Could work out of course, I just don't like it.
No issue with anything you said and appreciate the comments. I was just replying to your question...What was he thinking?

It's funny how we look at this differently, I like the Whitehurst pick. I realize it's a stretch, but Ben could get injured or have a late bye week. Hass is not a lock to start all year. Whitehurst looks like a pick that probably won't matter but could save his season. Low risk/cost, I look at it similar to my Grossman pick. Hopefully it won't matter but it might.
FUBAR:Tony Romo DAL QB 7Jason Campbell OAK QB 26Rex Grossman WAS QB 38LeSean McCoy PHI RB 7James Starks GB RB 33Tashard Choice DAL RB 43Montario Hardesty CLE RB 48Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 7Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 21Mike Thomas JAC WR 37Donnie Avery STL WR 68Johnny Baldwin Rookie WR 77Derrick Mason BAL WR 86Eric Decker DEN WR 95Brandon Pettigrew DET TE 10Tony Gonzalez ATL TE 12San Francisco D/ST 14Miami Dolphins D/ST 25David Buehler DAL PK 19Connor Barth TB PK 27First of all, either Whitehurst or Hass is a guaranteed donut. With Grossman you have hope of trotting out 3 QBs each week. The justification is a little better in your case. Now with that said, I think a 3rd D or 5th RB would have been a more useful pick for your team. I agree that having backups is good, I just see some owners worst case scenario(ing) themselves out of more points.As stated before, I really like your team. Value fell into your lap and you didn't squander the opportunity. The rest of us better hope for Mason to retire and McCoy to miss time otherwise we may be playing for second. Did you consider Harrison at RB? RB is your only potential weakness.

Stinkin Ref (cont)

6.06 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 19

Really wanted Stafford to make it back here. Was getting to that 20 area with the QB’s where it starts getting really shaky and tons of question marks. Sanchez seemed like last stable option. Hated making this pick, but thought it was necessary because there would be nothing left when it came back. If you go and look at the 16 QB combos, outside of Crippler and krsone21 (maybe Urakhai) everybody has at least one question mark right now if not two. Neither of these guys is going to put up those monster weeks, but between them I should get a solid score and job security is not an issue. Other considerations: None really. Did the math and knew what I would be staring at if I didn’t go QB. Tons of TE’s I would have loved to pick right here, but the benefit didn’t seem to outweigh the cost of not getting a QB2, and with Ryan not a monster week type of guy, had to get another solid option. I will admit, I really didn’t anticipate people loading up on TE2’s so quickly, but in this format the value was too good to pass up for many and other drafters made people like myself pay for passing up at this position. I think it was a combo effect, the lack of quality QB2’s made people say screw it to that position and they took the value at TE. Six TE’s went before my next pick and 3 of them were teams TE2.

7.11 Steve Smith CAR WR 38

So at this point TE is the play right? Well nothing really excited me and I didn’t see much difference between the group that was left and felt like TE would be a wasted pick here and I would just be doing it because I had to. Don’t like that. Fully intend to take one on the way back in the 8th. Smith is a talented #1 and things have to get better in CAR. Smith is a competitor and I think he gets his one way or another. Big play potential and hopefully Rivera rights the ship. I feel really good about him as a WR3 and think my 3 stack up nicely. Other considerations: several TE’s, Reggie Bush, Fred Jackson.

8.06 Terrell Owens WR 41

Start 3 WR format so with bye weeks your WR4 actually is more like a WR3.5. Not sure where Owens finished in this format, but in most of my other leagues he finished in the top 18 area, or basically in a 16 team league, a borderline #1. I realize he doesn’t have a team, but I think he is being undervalued in a big way. He put up WR2 type numbers easily and I don’t see that changing no matter where he goes. He was a top 20 WR last year and he goes off at WR41 here. I’ll take it. Really surprised about his fall from grace here in the eyes of some drafters. I think he showed us last year that it is a little premature to give up on him. Everybody wants to write this guy off, but fact is, the stats don’t justify it. He is worth the “gamble” right here and a solid WR4. I think I decided to continue to add to a strength here and depth should not be an issue. My thought was hopefully with big scores each week from all 3 WR positions, it will maybe help cover what I lose at TE. Other considerations: obviously took a look at some TE’s as that was the plan but Owens is too good to pass up and the decision came down to him or Reggie Bush. Saw some drop off coming at WR and Bush is always hurt. (Oh yeah, 3 more team TE2’s went in the 10 picks between Smith and Owens)

9.11 Todd Heap BAL TE 24

As a KC fan I got to watch this guy look like a lock for Canton. He destroyed the Chiefs over the middle in the playoff game. Flacco is not a big down the field type of guy and looks for mid range routes as they try to chew clock/time of possession and beat teams with defense and the running game. He looks to Heap. Harbaugh loves the guy. When he plays he is pretty solid, think he finished around TE13 in regular leagues, not sure about this format, so at TE 24 he could represent some value. I will have the worst TE’s in the league, but will hopefully overcome it elsewhere. Other considerations: Shiancoe who I was planning on taking on the way back (finger to krsone21). Pierre Thomas had he fallen one more spot.

10.06 Brandon Jacobs NYG RB 42

As it turns out, kind of glad krsone21 took Shiancoe. I was about to overlook the RB position (only 2 on board) because I thought I had to play catch up at TE. I think Jacobs is a steal here. Either I’ve locked up the NYG running game or I potentially just got another solid RB1in the 10th round. Either way, I liked this pick. There could be times where both Bradshaw and Jacobs are my RB’s for the week. I’m sure there may be some stat about how this is a dumb move or something, but it felt right the more I thought about it. Other considerations: Michael Bush (beast) and I would have looked at Shiancoe and Goodson had they fallen. And as mentioned earlier, I love Ivory’s game, but the lisfranc injury is just something I want no part of.

FUBAR:Tony Romo DAL QB 7Jason Campbell OAK QB 26Rex Grossman WAS QB 38LeSean McCoy PHI RB 7James Starks GB RB 33Tashard Choice DAL RB 43Montario Hardesty CLE RB 48Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 7Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 21Mike Thomas JAC WR 37Donnie Avery STL WR 68Johnny Baldwin Rookie WR 77Derrick Mason BAL WR 86Eric Decker DEN WR 95Brandon Pettigrew DET TE 10Tony Gonzalez ATL TE 12San Francisco D/ST 14Miami Dolphins D/ST 25David Buehler DAL PK 19Connor Barth TB PK 27First of all, either Whitehurst or Hass is a guaranteed donut. With Grossman you have hope of trotting out 3 QBs each week. The justification is a little better in your case. Now with that said, I think a 3rd D or 5th RB would have been a more useful pick for your team. I agree that having backups is good, I just see some owners worst case scenario(ing) themselves out of more points.As stated before, I really like your team. Value fell into your lap and you didn't squander the opportunity. The rest of us better hope for Mason to retire and McCoy to miss time otherwise we may be playing for second. Did you consider Harrison at RB? RB is your only potential weakness.
Thanks, although I get the feeling that the liked teams aren't going to win anything, just the nature of the beast IMO. I should have considered Harrison but somehow I think the Eagles draft or otherwise attain a different backup. Honestly, my RBs scare me. Could get lucky with Hardesty taking reps from Hillis or Choice finally getting his chance but I could be trotting out one RB most weeks with 1 or 2 points from the others.

Stinkin Ref (cont last half)

11.11 Marion Barber DAL RB 49

meh. Nothing to see here. I think he still has some game left and will be in the league somewhere. One of those guy who I hope has a "come to Jesus" moment and bounces back with some attitude. Has some occasional 2 TD game type potential. We'll see. Didn't really like this pick but it seemed to fit. Other considerations: Took a look at some WR's but felt I needed RB depth with the Jacobs/Barber thing going. Should have taken Thomas Jones instead if I was going RB here.

12.06 Bernard Scott CIN RB 53

This pick could go either way. Could be ok or a waste. Not sure what will be happening with Benson, but I think Scott is more involved either way. Has some play making ability, just needs an opportunity. There is some mention of letting Benson go and trying to bring in Michael Bush. Other considerations: Thomas Jones but thought Scott's upside was higher. Should have taken Jones instead of Barber and then I would have felt better about the Scott pick. Massaquoi got a long look here.

13.11 Kevin Walter HOU WR 73

Defense run is in full effect. Time to zig. I'll try to get two, not really interested in throwing a dart at a middle of the pack defensive unit that could end up 8 slots higher or 8 slots lower than where I pick them right now. Have always liked Walter, had a solid year even though in many people's mind he was passed up by Jones. We'll see. I think he is a good addition to my WR's as WR5. Other considerations: Almost pulled the trigger on Burress here, but thought he would make it another round or so. Roy Williams.

14.06 Matt Bryant ATL PK 1

I was pretty much going to missing out on defenses, with a real chance that I might not get 2 if I didn't take one here, cause somebody might take 3. Figured instead of one of the worst defenses I'll try to get one of the better kickers and maybe start a run on them that would allow defenses to fall to my next two picks. Had my pick of kickers and it's not that I think Bryant is the best, but he plays on a pretty good team (and in a dome) that will take the FG if they have to as opposed to gambling in the red zone.

15.11 Denver Bronco DST 29

I hate the Broncos, but for some reason I think they will improve dramatically on defense. Nothing to back that up whatsoever, just a gut feeling living out here in Colorado. I think they address the defensive side of the ball big time this offseason. Special teams-at least Prater makes a few of the opposing drives start at the 20. Elvis D will be back. Other considerations: whatever DST's were left. It was decided by OldMil that somebody was only going to have one DST, when Menobrown passed on a DST in this round, I knew it wasn't going to be me unless a couple of guys after me went for three as well.

16.06 Washington Redskins DST 30

Got two. Hope I can get a solid PK2. I hate these PK/DST picks.

17.11 Olindo Mare SEA PK28

Mare's old, but has been franchised by SEA last couple of years. He should be on somebody's roster anyway. Wanted Prater to fall. Other considerations: none, I didn't like any of the other K's.

18.06 Jerome Harrison PHI RB 67

Had been targeting this guy for awhile but had to waste all the previous picks. If McCoy gets hurt, this is one of those picks that can be difference maker in the 18th round. (Isn't this about where Foster went last year) Anyway, I think Harrison has found himself in a pretty good situation. We have seen what this guy can do when he is given an opportunity. It's not like you don't know what he can do. Seems like this offense is tailor made for his skill set. If McCoy stays healthy, Harrison may still have some decent weeks. As far as RB2's go, I would think he is close to the top if not at the top. Other considerations: this gave me 6 RB's and that really wasn't the plan, but I thought about how good this guy has been in the past, and what it would look like should McCoy get hurt. Would have looked at McGahee if he fell as that dude is only 29 or something and could end up somewhere as a #1. Obamanu, Gaffney, Decker. Knew my next two picks were WR in 19 and TE in 20.

19.11 Yo Mama BAL WR96

Doesn't seem that long ago that this guy was top 20 or something. But then again it does. Looked at my WR's and was very happy with what I have. Not sure what to make of TJ and maybe I should have done a little more research, but if Mason retires, doesn't he become WR2 on BAL? Is he a free agent, I don't know, I didn't check. I know there is some talk that they want to get a speed guy to stretch the field and that TJ might be the odd man out. Either way, I see him on somebody's roster and I can see him having some weeks where he puts up some numbers. Probably could have gone with a more upside pick, but I have been playing it pretty safe so just pulled it on in the driveway. Other considerations: Aromashodu, Naanee, Driver, Cribbs, DHB, and Blair White. I should also mention that I really like Gettis and LaFell, and had I not already had Smith one of those guys would have already been on my roster. Really wish I had this pick over again.

20.06 Tony Scheffler DET TE34

Was pretty sure for the last several rounds that I could get Scheffler in the last round, so that was the plan. Not much to say other than hopefully they go with some two TE sets. Or maybe he gets cut/traded and latches on somewhere else ala Ben Watson or something.

Stinkin Ref:

Matt Ryan ATL QB 14

Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 19

Not a ton of pop, but one of the few QB combos without question marks.

Ahmad Bradshaw NYG RB 18

LaGarrette Blount TB RB 21

Brandon Jacobs NYG RB 42

Marion Barber DAL RB 49

Bernard Scott CIN RB 53

Jerome Harrison PHI RB 67

Fell pretty good about the top 2 and I think the depth has some pop on the back end and with Jacobs that could come come into play. Not liking the Barber pick and would much rather see Thomas Jones name there. But I'll take this group.

Calvin Johnson DET WR 2

Reggie Wayne IND WR 6

Steve Smith CAR WR 38

Terrell Owens WR 41

Kevin Walter HOU WR 73

T.J. Houshmandzadeh BAL WR 96

Was planning on having 7 but Harrison was too good to pass up. Think this is pretty solid.

Todd Heap BAL TE 24

Tony Scheffler DET TE 34

I suck.

Denver Broncos D/ST 29

Washington Redskins D/ST 30

Matt Bryant ATL PK 1

Olindo Mare SEA PK 28

Two of each.

Overall: Will need some big weeks by WR's to cover the TE situation. While I like the stability of my QB's I wish I had more pop. If I hit on Blount and Scott and Harrison get action I could be okay, otherwise not a great showing in this draft, but middle of the pack maybe.

6.06 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 19

Really wanted Stafford to make it back here. Was getting to that 20 area with the QB’s where it starts getting really shaky and tons of question marks. Sanchez seemed like last stable option. Hated making this pick, but thought it was necessary because there would be nothing left when it came back. If you go and look at the 16 QB combos, outside of Crippler and krsone21 (maybe Urakhai) everybody has at least one question mark right now if not two. Neither of these guys is going to put up those monster weeks, but between them I should get a solid score and job security is not an issue. Other considerations: None really. Did the math and knew what I would be staring at if I didn’t go QB. Tons of TE’s I would have loved to pick right here, but the benefit didn’t seem to outweigh the cost of not getting a QB2, and with Ryan not a monster week type of guy, had to get another solid option. I will admit, I really didn’t anticipate people loading up on TE2’s so quickly, but in this format the value was too good to pass up for many and other drafters made people like myself pay for passing up at this position. I think it was a combo effect, the lack of quality QB2’s made people say screw it to that position and they took the value at TE. Six TE’s went before my next pick and 3 of them were teams TE2.

For Bass and his comments

I would not have taken Colt McCoy period. While I understand that you feel I am wasting points(so is Palmer when you have Manning and why did you not wait but want me too :popcorn: I guess a reason that McCoy dropped to the 11th round despite the QB need some teams had. )

I wonder what happens if I take someone else instead of Flacco and now don't pick till 6.13 or 7.4 for one. Did I start a QB2 run or did I miss out on something. Would I have been able to draft what I considered a good #2. Is Palmer it even though he is talking about retiring.

So I get Palmer, Beanie and Steve Smith or Harvin or Flacco, Beanie, and Winslow. LT and Leshoure still go 8/9 as good value in my eyes. So that leaves a guy like Tamme-Fasano instead of Nelson .

So I like Flacco over Palmer by quite a bit right now with the uncertainty going on about where Palmer is going, how dead is the arm or does he just retire

Beanie remains Beanie.

I still really like Winslow-Nelson over Harvin-Tamme and it is not close.

Just dont think I change things here and this helps me decide this.

For Bass and his commentsI would not have taken Colt McCoy period. While I understand that you feel I am wasting points(so is Palmer when you have Manning and why did you not wait but want me too :lmao: I guess a reason that McCoy dropped to the 11th round despite the QB need some teams had. )I wonder what happens if I take someone else instead of Flacco and now don't pick till 6.13 or 7.4 for one. Did I start a QB2 run or did I miss out on something. Would I have been able to draft what I considered a good #2. Is Palmer it even though he is talking about retiring.So I get Palmer, Beanie and Steve Smith or Harvin or Flacco, Beanie, and Winslow. LT and Leshoure still go 8/9 as good value in my eyes. So that leaves a guy like Tamme-Fasano instead of Nelson . So I like Flacco over Palmer by quite a bit right now with the uncertainty going on about where Palmer is going, how dead is the arm or does he just retireBeanie remains Beanie. I still really like Winslow-Nelson over Harvin-Tamme and it is not close. Just dont think I change things here and this helps me decide this.
Palmer probably is a waste, but he's 7th round waste rather that a 5th round. And yes, my team would have been better with Steve Smith or Deon Branch and a scrub QB over Palmer and Murphy.

:thumbdown:

Getinthemix:

Eli Manning NYG QB 10

Donovan McNabb ??? QB 20

Chad Henne MIA QB 31

Actually kind of like this group. I think McNabb lands as a starter somewhere and I don't think it will be somewhere where they bring him in just to hand the ball off. Who knows if Henne remains the man in MIA. But even with those 2 question marks right now, something tells me this will work out for you.

Adrian Peterson MIN RB 1

Felix Jones DAL RB 22

C.J. Spiller BUF RB 36

Ryan Williams Rookie RB 54

Jacquizz Rodgers Rookie RB 71

Have to admit that my research on the rookies in this years draft in not up to speed yet. I am assuming you think the two rooks will step into prominent roles no matter where they end up. I'm not there yet. We have been hearing that Felix is going to be the man and get more significant touches for it seems like forever. When is that really going to happen? Last year he averaged about 11 rushes a game with only one game over 16 attempts. He had 48 receptions with 10 of those coming in one game. I'm just not sure that DAL is really sold on him being the primary back to the point where he becomes an automatic start in fantasy. And CJ almost seems like the next Felix Jones. There may be some weeks where it is difficult to post a RB2 score, especially with bye weeks.

Miles Austin DAL WR 8

Vincent Jackson SD WR 9

Demaryious Thomas DEN WR 45

Jacoby Jones HOU WR 57

David Gettis CAR WR 80

Torrey Smith Rookie WR 89

DT injury obviously a tough blow cause I really liked this group. Top 2 are solid and liked your options at WR3. Looking at going in with only 5 WR and one is a rook. Could be trouble but I really like Jones and Gettis. Wanted to take Gettis myself but had Smith rostered. Nice job drafting here, just got hurt by the injury which will make it tough for this group.

Brent Celek PHI TE 15

Ed Dickson BAL TE 35

If Celek posts 2009 numbers could be ok, otherwise back of the pack here.

New York Giants D/ST 4

Dallas Cowboys D/ST 8

Sebastian Janikowski OAK PK 4

Neil Rackers HOU PK 5

nice groups here

being on the end kind of sucks because when the DST and K runs happened you kind of get forced into picking them when you have to, you can't kind of ride it out and still get two without taking the risk of being stuck without 2, might have been nice to use on of those picks to lock up another RB or something and then settle for a lower level DST or kicker, it may have been a gamble, but a second DST would have made it back to you if you didn't pick DAL DST and you could have maybe added some depth at RB, but if rooks pan out for you, things could totally change...

We have been hearing that Felix is going to be the man and get more significant touches for it seems like forever. When is that really going to happen? Last year he averaged about 11 rushes a game with only one game over 16 attempts. He had 48 receptions with 10 of those coming in one game. I'm just not sure that DAL is really sold on him being the primary back to the point where he becomes an automatic start in fantasy. And CJ almost seems like the next Felix Jones. There may be some weeks where it is difficult to post a RB2 score, especially with bye weeks.
Felix's workload once Garrett took over was completely different to how Wade used him. Saying he averaged 11 rushes a game is not really painting a true picture when his low game was 11 once Garrett took over and his average was 14 carries. But that's just carries as we also saw his receptions increase to 3 a game and in total Felix averaged 17 touches a game and really did so consistently with a low total of 12. I could see his workload inching up to a few more touches each week but as long as the second RB(probably Choice) is healthy that's how they plan to continue to use him. If you are expecting him to be a bell cow 20 carry a game guy that's probably never going to happen so long as they roster a viable #2 RB but that should not dampen one's mood towards Felix either. In the second half of the season, when Garrett took over, he was 9th among NFL RB's in yards fromm scrimmage. In terms of fantasy if you isolate weeks 10-16 (which is the timeframe Garrett took over) he was the #13 fantasy back averaging over 15 fantasy points per week. What's impressive about is that he did by scoring only 1 TD in that timeframe. I can't come up with a valid reason why he should not be a top 15 rated RB next season and he was drafted as RB 22 so I think he was outstanding value. I had a hard time passing on him in the 4th round to be honest.

We have been hearing that Felix is going to be the man and get more significant touches for it seems like forever. When is that really going to happen? Last year he averaged about 11 rushes a game with only one game over 16 attempts. He had 48 receptions with 10 of those coming in one game. I'm just not sure that DAL is really sold on him being the primary back to the point where he becomes an automatic start in fantasy. And CJ almost seems like the next Felix Jones. There may be some weeks where it is difficult to post a RB2 score, especially with bye weeks.
Felix's workload once Garrett took over was completely different to how Wade used him. Saying he averaged 11 rushes a game is not really painting a true picture when his low game was 11 once Garrett took over and his average was 14 carries. But that's just carries as we also saw his receptions increase to 3 a game and in total Felix averaged 17 touches a game and really did so consistently with a low total of 12. I could see his workload inching up to a few more touches each week but as long as the second RB(probably Choice) is healthy that's how they plan to continue to use him. If you are expecting him to be a bell cow 20 carry a game guy that's probably never going to happen so long as they roster a viable #2 RB but that should not dampen one's mood towards Felix either. In the second half of the season, when Garrett took over, he was 9th among NFL RB's in yards fromm scrimmage. In terms of fantasy if you isolate weeks 10-16 (which is the timeframe Garrett took over) he was the #13 fantasy back averaging over 15 fantasy points per week. What's impressive about is that he did by scoring only 1 TD in that timeframe. I can't come up with a valid reason why he should not be a top 15 rated RB next season and he was drafted as RB 22 so I think he was outstanding value. I had a hard time passing on him in the 4th round to be honest.
:shrug: if Garrett taking over was the corner that needed to be turned and it was Wade's ultimate/final decision making with regard to play calling and gameplan that was holding him back... then i'm buying.....if we are expecting top 15 production then he is definately a value play where he is being drafted at right now especially if you think him only getting 2 total TD's is unusual....I think he was drafted right about where he should be cause thats about where he ends up.....calling him outstanding value means that you think what happened after Garrett took over will be the norm for the entire year next year....I'll wait and see, cause thats what it seems like we keep doing with Felix....waiting and seeing ....could be great value if he does take that next step.....he has had plenty of opportunity (Barber injuries and general suckiness, Choice not a world beater) to force that step, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened.....looks like it should, but it's "looked" like that for awhile now....

kind of a slow time at work so will just be throwing these out for fun/discussion....

:thumbdown:

Gamma1210:

Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 8

Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB 27

Charlie Whitehurst SEA QB 37

not a big fan of automatic zeros, but I guess things could change since Hass is a free agent...Ben can have big games, but also games where Mendy gets 2 TD's or something and they win 17-10...he seems different to me in a big way then the top 5 or so where I would feel more comfortable with a backup plan of Hass/Charlie...that kind of backup strategy sometimes not really a luxuary you can affrd in these formats...I think I would like this group better if Whitehurst was not included and you just rolled with Hass....Hass will probably be starting one way or another somewhere next year and you could have used Charlie's pick elsewhere...tough getting caught on the end....could have had Young, McCoy instead of Hass....hmmm

Frank Gore SF RB 10

Cedric Benson CIN RB 25

Donald Brown IND RB 51

Cadillac Williams TB RB 61

not trying to sound like a ###, but I don't like this group at all.....but I am down on Gore probably more than others and I'm not sure Benson sees the same role he has in the last couple of years no matter where he ends up....Brown seems like an afterthought and I have given up on him....Caddy...meh....I think a pivotal point for you in this draft was the 7-8 turn when you took Heath Miller when you already had Daniels on board...I understand the value of TE, but instead of Miller you could have had

F. Jackson, Adaii, Starks, R. Bush, LT, Spiller, any of the rooks, P. Thomas, Woodhead, Jacobs, Jennings, Ivory, etc...

and I think it would help this group....

Roddy White ATL WR 3

Dez Bryant DAL WR 16

Deion Branch NE WR 39

Mike Sims-Walker JAC WR 52

Roy Williams DAL WR 74

Golden Tate SEA WR 84

Antonio Brown PIT WR 99

I really like this group especially if Roy goes to a better situation...

Owen Daniels HOU TE 11

Heath Miller PIT TE 20

solid mid level pairing....but Miller pick could have helped elsewhere....and then backed up Daniels later with another TE that is probably in the same ballpark as Miller but could be had later....think there were a few...

Green Bay Packers D/ST 5

Minnesota Vikings D/ST 20

Billy Cundiff BAL PK 13

Shaun Suisham PIT PK 30

pretty solid here.....think MIN will be a steal at DST 20....hopefully Suisham keeps a job...

think this is a pretty typical team from the end position...QB2 and RB might be hard to overcome

CURRENT SRBS (Stinkin Ref's Bull ####) RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. Gamma1210

next up...Urak-Hai....on deck RC94

Old Milwaukee:

Tom Brady NE QB 5

Alex Smith SF QB 34

Jamal Charles KC RB 4

Shonn Greene NYJ RB 23

Chris Ivory NO RB 46

Kevin Faulk NE RB 76

Mike Wallace PIT WR 12

Sidney Rice MIN WR 25

Johny Knox CHI WR 32

Malcom Floyd SD WR 35

Randy Moss ??? WR 44

Lee Evans BUF WR 46

Kevin Boss NYG TE 27

Fred Davis WAS TE 30

Michael Hoomanawanui STL TE 31

Kyle Rudolph Rookie TE 32

Baltimore Ravens D/ST 7

Oakland Raiders D/ST 11

Buffalo Bills D/ST 26

Rian Lindell BUF PK 25
I was just shooting from the hip, any questions?

Old Milwaukee:

Tom Brady NE QB 5

Alex Smith SF QB 34

Jamal Charles KC RB 4

Shonn Greene NYJ RB 23

Chris Ivory NO RB 46

Kevin Faulk NE RB 76

Mike Wallace PIT WR 12

Sidney Rice MIN WR 25

Johny Knox CHI WR 32

Malcom Floyd SD WR 35

Randy Moss ??? WR 44

Lee Evans BUF WR 46

Kevin Boss NYG TE 27

Fred Davis WAS TE 30

Baltimore Ravens D/ST 7

Oakland Raiders D/ST 11

Buffalo Bills D/ST 26

Rian Lindell BUF PK 25
I guess my question would be "What were you thinking, or were you?" You have to start 1 TE and 1 DEF and you have seven of them, you have to start 2 RBs and you have four 1 (Faulk) who is 50/50 at best to play next year, with 2 comittee guys who don't catch passes, one who is comming off major surgery. Question two would be "what will you be doing after week 2"

Kevin Boss NYG TE 27

Fred Davis WAS TE 30

I guess my question would be "What were you thinking, or were you?" You have to start 1 TE and 1 DEF and you have seven of them, you have to start 2 RBs and you have four 1 (Faulk) who is 50/50 at best to play next year, with 2 comittee guys who don't catch passes, one who is comming off major surgery. Question two would be "what will you be doing after week 2"
I'm fairly certain he realized he waited too long on TE and figured he'd hope one of 4 scrubs would score a TD each week.

Users who are viewing this thread