What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL #4 Draft Discussion (3 Viewers)

Here are my grades for this league:

Getinthemix - 6

Urak-Hai - 8

Atomic Punk – 6.5

Crippler - 7

Old Milwaukee – 6.5

BassNBrew – 7.5

menobrown - 7

Kruppe - 7

FUBAR – 6

Yellow Line is Unofficial - 6

Stinkin Ref – 7.5

krsone21 – 7.5

Toads - 5.5

HellToupee - 7

RC94 – 6.5

Gamma1210 – 7

I gave each player a grade of 1, .5 or 0 based on my gut feeling for how well they will score. I did not factor in the Def or K in this scoring.

:goodposting:

Uruk-Hai:

Josh Freeman TB QB 11

David Garrard JAC QB 21

Decent combo here and seems like these guys have job security. Up and coming stud with a solid vet. Occasional monster games and I think Freeman solidifies himself as a top 7-10 QB this year. Always seems like Garrard is on the list of guys that will be replaced, but in the end he is there.

Ray Rice BAL RB 2

Michael Turner ATL RB 14

Thomas Jones KC RB 55

Steve Slaton HOU RB 70

Two studs and TJ can have some productive weeks still. Personally I don't really understand the Slaton pick and I think you sacrificed depth here for depth at WR (9). That is definately a strategy, but think you could have used at least one of those picks to take a flier on a RB that might give you some depth here. Only going with 4 backs is risky and you had plenty of opportunity to grab another one. Maybe you were thinking one of the backs that were taken in 17 or 18 would fall to your 18th but it didn't happen and Slaton was a half court shot. Hopefully Rice and Turner stay healthy.

Dwayne Bowe KC WR 10

Mario Manningham NYG WR 34

Danny Amendola STL WR 50

Jordan Shipley CIN WR 58

Earl Bennet CHI WR 59

Josh Morgan SF WR 75

Jerricho Cotchery NYJ WR 76

Brian Hartline MIA WR 90

David Reed BAL WR 103

solid group here that should get you 3 solid scores each week, hopefully one of them blows up when you need them to cover some RB points....as a KC fan I loved Bowes emergence this year, but also think he will have a very difficult time repeating those numbers or really getting close....not sure why, but kind of a freak season for KC overall with a cake schedule...they are improved, but the BAL game showed how far they still have to go....Bowe included...love Amendola/Shipley in this format

Zack Miller OAK TE 6

Anthony Fasano MIA TE 29

meh...not great/not terrible

Pittsburgh Steelers DEF/ST 1

Phil Dawson CLE PK 22

Joe Nedney SF PK 23

got cuaght with one dst but at least you have a good one.....don't know the stats on success/survival rate of the one dst teams.....kickers are okay, but neither of these areas is a strength

I think your WR's will have to carry this team and if you can ham and egg it with your QB's you should be ok....I may be overreacting to your RB situation as you have a solid 2some at the top...one dst.....hmmm..we'll see...

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. Urak-Hai

3. Gamma1210

next up RC94...on deck...Atomic Punk

:2cents:

RC94:

Matt Cassell KC QB 16

Kevin Kolb PHI QB 24

Jimmy Clausen CAR QB 36

wow...I really like this team....except for above...from what I have read it just really sounds like Kolb will not be traded and I am not going to bring the "we don't think Vick can make it through an 18 game season" thing into the equation, if Kolb does get traded then I like this team more....but good chance you might be riding solo with Cassell and that ain't good....thought I saw something that said Clausen did not throw a TD to a WR last year.....I guess he could improve, but I think there will be some type of competition for him in training camp and I am not sure he wins it....

Steven Jackson STL RB 11

Jonathan Stewart CAR RB 20

Ronnie Brown MIA RB 41

Javon Ringer TEN RB 64

Willis McGahee BAL RB 65

I like this group...with the overall improvements in STL I could see Jackson emerging back into the top 5, it wouldn't surprise me....if Dwilly leaves Stewart is the man...Brown could find a new home somewhere if they sign Dwilly, etc where he gets a prominent role, when healthy, he is pretty solid.....Ringer is one injury away from being a top back and still breaks off a few as a backup....and McGahee could land somewhere and be a stud or stay and get back to a double digit TD guy maybe....this is the kind of strategy I like...stud with Jackson to start, and then he has really covered his bases with 4 guys who right now look a little shaky due to their current situation, but odds are that will change dramatically....5 talented backs, should be able to get 2 solid scores each week..

Kenny Britt TEN WR 17

Santana Moss WAS WR 30

Robert Meachem NO WR 53

Donario Alexander STL WR 65

Brandon Tate NE WR 66

Early Doucet ARI WR 100

from the 6 here you should be able to get 3 good scores unless bye weeks get you....high upside guys that can put up a monster game on occasion...no big household names but guys who usually show up on the stat sheet...no gooseeggs

Antonio Gates SDC TE 2

Jared Cook TEN TE 21

like this combo a ton...top guy and then a guy who is basically forcing Scaife out of town....nice

St. Louis Rams D/ST 19

Seattle Seahawks D/ST 21

Lawrence Tynes NYG PK 12

Rob Bironas TEN PK 14

solid here as well......

dang...would love to put this team on top of the SRBS rankings but real concerned about one of the more important positions...you must have been scared off by Stafford's injury history, but with the way this team shook out, I would have loved to see his name as one of your QB's...think his upside even with the injury history trumps Cassell production...looked back and you really could have had both Cassell/Stafford...and it would have cost you Santana Moss...losing Moss would have hurt your WR's, but might have been worth it....don't know....all of this maybe really means nothing if Kolb goes to ARZ or MIN, etc....nice draft from the 15th spot, just would have liked more pop at QB...if you had Stafford instead of Cassell I would give you the early nod as team to beat so far....easily

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. RC94

3. Urak-Hai

4. Gamma1210

up next Atomic Punk...on deck HellToupee

Last edited by a moderator:
...thought I saw something that said Clausen did not throw a TD to a WR last year
This is accurate, but at least he threw 3 TDs last year, in 10 starts.
The hope around here was that his toe issue was holding him back. Clausen mentioned it once but didn't dwell on it. I considered him with my last pick in league one but ultimately went with Alex Smith. Just too much discrepancy in the numbers.

:shrug:

RC94:

Matt Cassell KC QB 16

Kevin Kolb PHI QB 24

Jimmy Clausen CAR QB 36

wow...I really like this team....except for above...from what I have read it just really sounds like Kolb will not be traded and I am not going to bring the "we don't think Vick can make it through an 18 game season" thing into the equation, if Kolb does get traded then I like this team more....but good chance you might be riding solo with Cassell and that ain't good....thought I saw something that said Clausen did not throw a TD to a WR last year.....I guess he could improve, but I think there will be some type of competition for him in training camp and I am not sure he wins it....

Steven Jackson STL RB 11

Jonathan Stewart CAR RB 20

Ronnie Brown MIA RB 41

Javon Ringer TEN RB 64

Willis McGahee BAL RB 65

I like this group...with the overall improvements in STL I could see Jackson emerging back into the top 5, it wouldn't surprise me....if Dwilly leaves Stewart is the man...Brown could find a new home somewhere if they sign Dwilly, etc where he gets a prominent role, when healthy, he is pretty solid.....Ringer is one injury away from being a top back and still breaks off a few as a backup....and McGahee could land somewhere and be a stud or stay and get back to a double digit TD guy maybe....this is the kind of strategy I like...stud with Jackson to start, and then he has really covered his bases with 4 guys who right now look a little shaky due to their current situation, but odds are that will change dramatically....5 talented backs, should be able to get 2 solid scores each week..

Kenny Britt TEN WR 17

Santana Moss WAS WR 30

Robert Meachem NO WR 53

Donario Alexander STL WR 65

Brandon Tate NE WR 66

Early Doucet ARI WR 100

from the 6 here you should be able to get 3 good scores unless bye weeks get you....high upside guys that can put up a monster game on occasion...no big household names but guys who usually show up on the stat sheet...no gooseeggs

Antonio Gates SDC TE 2

Jared Cook TEN TE 21

like this combo a ton...top guy and then a guy who is basically forcing Scaife out of town....nice

St. Louis Rams D/ST 19

Seattle Seahawks D/ST 21

Lawrence Tynes NYG PK 12

Rob Bironas TEN PK 14

solid here as well......

dang...would love to put this team on top of the SRBS rankings but real concerned about one of the more important positions...you must have been scared off by Stafford's injury history, but with the way this team shook out, I would have loved to see his name as one of your QB's...think his upside even with the injury history trumps Cassell production...looked back and you really could have had both Cassell/Stafford...and it would have cost you Santana Moss...losing Moss would have hurt your WR's, but might have been worth it....don't know....all of this maybe really means nothing if Kolb goes to ARZ or MIN, etc....nice draft from the 15th spot, just would have liked more pop at QB...if you had Stafford instead of Cassell I would give you the early nod as team to beat so far....easily

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. RC94

3. Urak-Hai

4. Gamma1210

up next Atomic Punk...on deck HellToupee
Good stuff Stinken Ref. :sadbanana: I enjoy seeing other peoples view on my team . All too often we look at our own teams with rose colored glasses on. Keep up the good work.

:lmao: Good stuff Stinken Ref. :shrug: I enjoy seeing other peoples view on my team . All too often we look at our own teams with rose colored glasses on. Keep up the good work.
LOL. I agree totally. The glasses for my team become rosier and rosier as I read the analysis of other teams. :)

:lmao:

Atomic Punk:

Jay Cutler QB 12

Kyle Orton DEN QB 25

Orton is starting QB in this league so he should be on the field, but it looks like where he is at right now, that may not happen. If he is in CAR or CLE where they have a young QB not named Tebow, he is the starter. Just have a feeling that Tebow will be the opening day starter and the only real hope for you here is that Orton gets traded. There is a real chance that Orton is clipboard guy in DEN. IMO Denver should deal him for picks and get this rebuilding mode into full effect and just circle the wagons around Tebow. However Denver may see Orton the same way SD sees Volek, way too valuable as a solid security blanket to deal, even though he has value. Tons of places that Orton could go and be productive, and for some reason we all seem to assume that it will happen, but it may not. I think Cutler will continue to improve and may even be in store for one of those chip on my shoulder in your face kind of years. But as with about 75% of WSL4 you have question marks at an important scoring position. Cutler is the type of QB in this format that could use a little more solid QB2 behind him without question marks.

Chris Johnson TEN RB 3

Matt Forte RB 13

Rashad Jennings JAC RB 45

Justin Forsett SEA RB 60

Clinton Portis WAS RB 78

Uber stud and solid RB2. Jennings and Forsett are also nice picks as they will give you a week here and there where you will use their score even if the guy in front of them stays healthy. Not big on the Portis pick as I think he is about to do a Larry Johnson type exit from the league.

DeSean Jackson PHI WR 11

Steve Johnson BUF WR 27

Mike Williams SEA WR 33

Arrelious Benn TB WR 56

Michael Jenkins ATL WR 72

Jabar Gaffney DEN WR 103

Harry Douglas ATL WR 104

Got some pop at the top and some steady reception guys mixed in. If Benn takes that next step you could be solid. Is Johnson for real or was that kind of a fluky year? There was talk of Denver looking to deal Gaffney, but that is probably on hold now with the injury to Thomas.

Dustin Keller NYJ TE 16

Greg Olsen CHI TE 23

Average group here.

Philadelphia Eagles D/ST 9

Cleveland Browns D/ST 27

Josh Scobee JAC PK 21

Ryan Longwell MIN PK 24

Nutin to write home about but solid.

CJ and DeSean could keep you alive some weeks by themselves, but if they have an off week at the same time it could be a struggle. Cutler has been known to throw up some low scoring weeks. I like the group of WR's as a whole. Went back and looked at your draft pick by pick and only thing that really stood out was that you went back to back TE's in 7-8 and followed that up with Orton in 9. Your Olsen pick in 8 could have maybe been used on one of the RB's that was still available (bunch of solid guys left) and it maybe could have added some depth to your RB group with some guys that might be in better situations than your current backups.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. RC94

3. Urak-Hai

4. Atomic Punk

5. Gamma1210

up next HellToupee...on deck Crippler

:hifive:

HellToupee

Matt Schaub HOU QB 9

Cam Newton Rookie QB 32

Blaine Gabbert Rookie QB 33

I like what you did here and when the season opens up this might look like a solid trifecta. Not sure if this was a pre planned strategy after you got Schaub or if you adjusted on the fly when you realized the QB position was drying up. Either way, some may not like this group, but kinda like the possibilities here.

Marshawn Lynch SEA RB 26

Ryan Grant GB RB 30

Fred Jackson BUF RB 31

Mike Goodson CAR RB 40

Tim Hightower ARI RB 50

Not sure wha to make of this group. The first thing that comes to mind is that they all have question marks for one reason or another. I like Goodson a ton this year and personally if Dwilly leaves I think Goodson could push Stewart and make it hard for Rivera to keep him off the field.

Hakeem Nicks NYG WR 4

Mike Williams TB WR 15

Percy Harvin MIN WR 29

Anthony Armstrong WAS WR 54

Seyi Ajiroututu SD WR 98

Andre Roberts ARI WR 101

Very solid, especially if Armstrong and Seyi take that next step. Your top two are guys I will be targeting in most of my redrafts next year and I think they are solid in this best ball format as well.

Jason Witten DAL TE 1

Jacob Tamme IND TE 28

Tamme is a luxury lotto pick since you had Witten on board. Solid.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers D/ST 18

Indianapolis Colts D/ST 22

Nick Folk NYJ PK 11

Robbie Gould CHI PK 15

Solid group.

I like this team. Especially if you get lucky and things pan out at your RB position. Is Lynch back to being the real deal or are we just riding his nice run at the end of the season. Is Grant still in the GB mix. Is Spiller going to get more touches. If Beanie steps up does Hightower become less involved. With that I like what you did at QB/WR/TE so I rank this team pretty high right now.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. RC94

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. Gamma1210

up next Crippler...on deck Quitter

:lmao:

HellToupee

Matt Schaub HOU QB 9

Cam Newton Rookie QB 32

Blaine Gabbert Rookie QB 33

I like what you did here and when the season opens up this might look like a solid trifecta. Not sure if this was a pre planned strategy after you got Schaub or if you adjusted on the fly when you realized the QB position was drying up. Either way, some may not like this group, but kinda like the possibilities here.

Marshawn Lynch SEA RB 26

Ryan Grant GB RB 30

Fred Jackson BUF RB 31

Mike Goodson CAR RB 40

Tim Hightower ARI RB 50

Not sure wha to make of this group. The first thing that comes to mind is that they all have question marks for one reason or another. I like Goodson a ton this year and personally if Dwilly leaves I think Goodson could push Stewart and make it hard for Rivera to keep him off the field.

Hakeem Nicks NYG WR 4

Mike Williams TB WR 15

Percy Harvin MIN WR 29

Anthony Armstrong WAS WR 54

Seyi Ajiroututu SD WR 98

Andre Roberts ARI WR 101

Very solid, especially if Armstrong and Seyi take that next step. Your top two are guys I will be targeting in most of my redrafts next year and I think they are solid in this best ball format as well.

Jason Witten DAL TE 1

Jacob Tamme IND TE 28

Tamme is a luxury lotto pick since you had Witten on board. Solid.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers D/ST 18

Indianapolis Colts D/ST 22

Nick Folk NYJ PK 11

Robbie Gould CHI PK 15

Solid group.

I like this team. Especially if you get lucky and things pan out at your RB position. Is Lynch back to being the real deal or are we just riding his nice run at the end of the season. Is Grant still in the GB mix. Is Spiller going to get more touches. If Beanie steps up does Hightower become less involved. With that I like what you did at QB/WR/TE so I rank this team pretty high right now.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. RC94

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. Gamma1210

up next Crippler...on deck Quitter
Thanks for taking the time to do these. I'm enjoying the commentary very much and I think your doing a bang up job with the analysis.

:thumbdown:

Crippler:

Drew Brees NO QB 6

Joe Flacco BAL QB 13

Possibly the best combo in the league even though I like the high upside combo of krsone21 a little better and if Tebow is a starter Quitter could have an explosive pair. But this is a solid pair with Brees obviously having monster week potential.

Beanie Wells ARI RB 29

Ladanian Tomlinson NYJ RB 35

Mikeal Leshoure Rookie RB 37

Jason Snelling ATL RB 59

Kendall Hunter Rookie RB 69

Chester Taylor CHI RB 77

When you don't take one until the 7th this is what it ends up looking like. Can't really say much as there is not a ton to work with in this group. Obviously if the rooks pan out, things improve. I'm not a big Beanie backer so can't even really get excited about that.

Andre Johnson HOU WR 1

Michael Crabtree SF WR 26

Julio Jones Rookie WR 55

Jordy Nelson GB WR 60

Devin Hester CHI WR 81

Damian Williams TEN WR 91

At the expense of RB your QB/TE positions are strong and I expected to look at this group and think the same thing especially with AJ being taken at 1.04. When I do these I sometimes let my personal feelings about players creep in, kinda like with Beanie above. And the same goes for Crabtree here. Not a big fan of him or his situation especially in the 4th round and with some others still out there. But thats just opinion. I actually like the Nelson pick more and Jones may outscore Crabtree depending on where he ends up. Hester solid pick late but not sure if his role will stay the same.

Vernon Davis SF TE 5

Kellen Winslow TB TE 14

Upper tier group here as it should be when 2 of your top 6 picks are TE. Believe you were the third drafter to take 2 TE's within the first 6 rounds (Kruppe was 2 in 5). So it's not like this strategy is uncommon, but when you combine this with your AJ pick at 1.04, and also 2 QB's in first 5 picks, at some point the RB points are going to be hard to cover.

New England Patriots D/ST 6

San Diego Chargers D/ST 10

Steven Gostkowski NE PK 6

Jay Feely ARI PK 20

Super solid 4some here.

This team could have a bunch of points on the bench each week. Scrambling at RB, but thats because it's February. Come opening day, RB situation could improve dramtically, or not. I guess in this format there really is no such thing as drafting a "backup" however that is kind of how you can look at it sometimes when it is guaranteed that 2 of your first 6 picks will not be scoring for you each week.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. RC94

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. Crippler

7. Gamma1210

up next Quitter...on deck OldMil...

:thumbup:

Quitter:

Aaron Rodgers GB QB 2

Tim Tebow DEN QB 17

Wow...Tebow put up some big numbers at the end of last year. If he starts this year, this is an explosive combination and a gamble you can take with having Rodgers on board.

Mark Ingram Rookie RB 24

Joseph Addai IND RB 32

Demarco Murray Rookie RB 52

Jordan Todman Rookie RB 57

Allen Bradford Rookie RB 66

Derrick Locke Rookie RB 73

Marques Colston NO WR 14

Brandon Lloyd DEN WR 18

Hines Ward PIT WR 51

Mark Clayton STL WR 64

Titus Young Rookie WR 78

Greg Little Rookie WR 97

Quitter actually got off to a fairly good start in this draft. Colston and Lloyd would have been nice to build around here. Personally I think Lloyd's year was fluky and he won't come close to those numbers again, but I may have to back off that a little with the Thomas injury. Watched most of the Broncos games living out here and CO and dude has some sticky hands. Some of the catches he made, even on some where he ended up being out of bounds were just sick. Tebow will need WR's that can go get the ball for him and make something out of passes that may not be thrown perfectly. Llyod should benefit from him tossing it up and asking Lloyd to make a play. I just think some other guys like Decker take some of those numbers away this year and it being Tebow throwing most of the year instead or Orton will cause those numbers to drop. Although I said above Lloyd could benefit from Tebow just throwing it up, Tebow isn't going to want to make mistakes/turnovers and instead of trying to force a pass play, his first instinct may be to take off running instead. That too will affect DEN WR numbers. Fox may tigthen up the reins a little on the passing game compared to McDaniels...you think!

Dallas Clark TE 3

Ben Watson CLE TE 19

Solid group here. As the draft was going on I went back and looked at Watson's numbers. I knew he had a pretty good year, but I really didn't realize it was as good as it was. I mean it wasn't anything incredible, but it was very solid.

New York Jets DEF/ST 2

Arizona Cardinals D/ST 17

John Kasay CAR PK 16

Leigh Tiffin Rookie PK 29

Cool.

Things got kind of jacked here but thats the way it goes. This team had some potential and could still make some noise for awhile, but will probably retire at some point half way through kinda like.....nevermind.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. RC94

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. Crippler

7. Gamma1210

8. Quitter

up next Old Mil...on deck krsone21...

:goodposting:

Quitter:

Aaron Rodgers GB QB 2

Tim Tebow DEN QB 17

Wow...Tebow put up some big numbers at the end of last year. If he starts this year, this is an explosive combination and a gamble you can take with having Rodgers on board.

Mark Ingram Rookie RB 24

Joseph Addai IND RB 32

Demarco Murray Rookie RB 52

Jordan Todman Rookie RB 57

Allen Bradford Rookie RB 66

Derrick Locke Rookie RB 73

:bag:

Marques Colston NO WR 14

Brandon Lloyd DEN WR 18

Hines Ward PIT WR 51

Mark Clayton STL WR 64

Titus Young Rookie WR 78

Greg Little Rookie WR 97

Quitter actually got off to a fairly good start in this draft. Colston and Lloyd would have been nice to build around here. Personally I think Lloyd's year was fluky and he won't come close to those numbers again, but I may have to back off that a little with the Thomas injury. Watched most of the Broncos games living out here and CO and dude has some sticky hands. Some of the catches he made, even on some where he ended up being out of bounds were just sick. Tebow will need WR's that can go get the ball for him and make something out of passes that may not be thrown perfectly. Llyod should benefit from him tossing it up and asking Lloyd to make a play. I just think some other guys like Decker take some of those numbers away this year and it being Tebow throwing most of the year instead or Orton will cause those numbers to drop. Although I said above Lloyd could benefit from Tebow just throwing it up, Tebow isn't going to want to make mistakes/turnovers and instead of trying to force a pass play, his first instinct may be to take off running instead. That too will affect DEN WR numbers. Fox may tigthen up the reins a little on the passing game compared to McDaniels...you think!

Dallas Clark TE 3

Ben Watson CLE TE 19

Solid group here. As the draft was going on I went back and looked at Watson's numbers. I knew he had a pretty good year, but I really didn't realize it was as good as it was. I mean it wasn't anything incredible, but it was very solid.

New York Jets DEF/ST 2

Arizona Cardinals D/ST 17

John Kasay CAR PK 16

Leigh Tiffin Rookie PK 29

Cool.

Things got kind of jacked here but thats the way it goes. This team had some potential and could still make some noise for awhile, but will probably retire at some point half way through kinda like.....nevermind.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. RC94

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. Crippler

7. Gamma1210

8. Quitter

up next Old Mil...on deck krsone21...
I really liked his top 2 RB selections and think he got great value on both. One of the rookies could be worth a spot but not all 4 and what hurts this position. I know Watson had nice numbers last year overall but I dont see him repeating. I think a healthy Evan Moore will bite into his numbers.

kinda sucks there isn't more discussion in here, no big deal I guess.....one thing I have been thinking about and wondering if some vets have some comment on is the part I starting thinking about while doing Cripplers break down....

"I guess in this format there really is no such thing as drafting a "backup" however that is kind of how you can look at it sometimes when it is guaranteed that 2 of your first 6 picks will not be scoring for you each week."

have seen this with a few teams and wondering if there is any historical data showing that this strategy is good or bad, etc...I understand perceived value in these things with the TE heavy scoring etc, but wonder if there are any opinions one way or the other on this approach....

kinda sucks there isn't more discussion in here, no big deal I guess.....one thing I have been thinking about and wondering if some vets have some comment on is the part I starting thinking about while doing Cripplers break down....

"I guess in this format there really is no such thing as drafting a "backup" however that is kind of how you can look at it sometimes when it is guaranteed that 2 of your first 6 picks will not be scoring for you each week."

have seen this with a few teams and wondering if there is any historical data showing that this strategy is good or bad, etc...I understand perceived value in these things with the TE heavy scoring etc, but wonder if there are any opinions one way or the other on this approach....
The only way you know that 2 of your top 6 guys will be gettin zeros is if you draft a backup QB and a backup TE in the first 6 rounds. I don't see alot of that.I think I view these drafts differently than alot of folks here (especially the WSL and and PDSL) my main goal is not to win but gather info. There are times I woun't draft the #1 player on my board, just to see how far he will fall.

I play in a bunch of satellites in the WCOFF and FFPC. I like the early drafts, because frankly some folks aren't as prepared early as they shouls be. I like the ADP info from these drafts as an early baseline. I like to see what Bloom and others whose ranking greatly influance the masses are thinking. I look at what other high stakes guys like Team Legacy, Radballs, and Capt. Hook are thinking as I know I will be in money drafts against them fairly soon.

I love the input from you Stinlin Ref a bucnh of work , and very much appreciated. I read a ton on these boards and don't post a bunch. I will be more active in the future.

I haven't seen or done any historical breakdown. What I do know is that based on a few data points is that it's a waste to draft a second QB/TE as a backup if you took a stud (barring injuries). I did already did the Brees/Flacco example from last year. Mid tier additions to stud selections don't seem to be much benefit. If you draft Brees you would every be better off doubling up on Manning or waiting to grad the last starter.

I think most are just waiting for you to finish your evaluations for discussion. Someone doing such a thing is always nice.

I dont know about historical data on this. I know Yellow won this thing last year. He hit on Vick and Foster913.9) later in the draft. 3 QB's was huge for him with Vick, Hass and Freeman(so went the cheap way here but it worked out nicely going 8, 9 and 11th round) and good thing as only Freeman had pts in week 17.

Last year QB's did not fly off the shelf like this year either. Matt Leinart was QB16 at the end of round 6(6.14) QB20 was not taken till round 8(8.14). But I also think there was not as many open jobs that everyone was seeing a big dropoff in QB.

Yellow in the 9th spot went Gore, Calvin, St. Smith, Celek, Ronnie Brown, Jacobs, and Edelman for his 1st 7 which I see as some big duds in there from rounds 3 to 7.

Urak who goes to finals took Brady early and than waited on QB and missed out. Peterson, Smith NYG, Welker, Cotchery, Miller and McFadden where top 7. So he hit on a few in the early rounds.

Ruff the top scorer overall., had a good QB in Rivers(3rd) but crap for backup. CJohnson, gonzo, Maclin, Ward, Britt, T. Jones finished off top 7. He did kind of do okay on Ryan Matthews in the 8th, Knox in the 10th and Gronkowski in the 20th

My team which was 3rd leading scorer and finished 3rd(was #1 scoring till last 4 weeks) was 2 good QB(Rodgers, Palmer). Went with Wayne, Boldin, Addai, Bush, and Keller as the rest. Hit on Blount in the 19th, Floyd in 11th and Pettigrew in the 9th was nice but had some wasted picks in Holt and Dillard. Injuries kind of caught up with me in the last 4 weeks.

Stinkin you went QB-QB in 3-4 last year with Schuabb-McNabb and went out week 1.

Hell went earlier on QB than most with Manning-Young(3-8) and finished 6

Teams that waited on QB other than Yellow did awful overall. El Super had this duo 9.05 - Chad Henne, MIA, QB22

19.05 - Daunte Culpepper, DET, QB37 and was 3rd OUT

BNB has this duo 6.14 - Matt Leinart, ARI, QB16 8.14 - David Garrard, JAC, QB20 9.03 - Alex Smith, SF, QB21 and was 5th out

My winning SSL team was River and Big Ben at QB. And they where the reason I probably won. It was the highest scoring team by over 200 points also.

I think most are just waiting for you to finish your evaluations for discussion. Someone doing such a thing is always nice. I dont know about historical data on this. I know Yellow won this thing last year. He hit on Vick and Foster913.9) later in the draft. 3 QB's was huge for him with Vick, Hass and Freeman(so went the cheap way here but it worked out nicely going 8, 9 and 11th round) and good thing as only Freeman had pts in week 17. Last year QB's did not fly off the shelf like this year either. Matt Leinart was QB16 at the end of round 6(6.14) QB20 was not taken till round 8(8.14). But I also think there was not as many open jobs that everyone was seeing a big dropoff in QB. Yellow in the 9th spot went Gore, Calvin, St. Smith, Celek, Ronnie Brown, Jacobs, and Edelman for his 1st 7 which I see as some big duds in there from rounds 3 to 7. Urak who goes to finals took Brady early and than waited on QB and missed out. Peterson, Smith NYG, Welker, Cotchery, Miller and McFadden where top 7. So he hit on a few in the early rounds. Ruff the top scorer overall., had a good QB in Rivers(3rd) but crap for backup. CJohnson, gonzo, Maclin, Ward, Britt, T. Jones finished off top 7. He did kind of do okay on Ryan Matthews in the 8th, Knox in the 10th and Gronkowski in the 20thMy team which was 3rd leading scorer and finished 3rd(was #1 scoring till last 4 weeks) was 2 good QB(Rodgers, Palmer). Went with Wayne, Boldin, Addai, Bush, and Keller as the rest. Hit on Blount in the 19th, Floyd in 11th and Pettigrew in the 9th was nice but had some wasted picks in Holt and Dillard. Injuries kind of caught up with me in the last 4 weeks. Stinkin you went QB-QB in 3-4 last year with Schuabb-McNabb and went out week 1. Hell went earlier on QB than most with Manning-Young(3-8) and finished 6Teams that waited on QB other than Yellow did awful overall. El Super had this duo 9.05 - Chad Henne, MIA, QB2219.05 - Daunte Culpepper, DET, QB37 and was 3rd OUTBNB has this duo 6.14 - Matt Leinart, ARI, QB16 8.14 - David Garrard, JAC, QB20 9.03 - Alex Smith, SF, QB21 and was 5th out
Thanks for the info Crippler.As for me I don't go into these with any particular strategy. I just try to take best available player each round while taking into consideration that I need to start so many players at each position. I like to have atleast a good starter for each position and then fill in with quality players for backup roles that can get me the occasional big game. I also look for high upside later in the draft. I try not to say to myself I have to take a certain position in a round other wise I may lose out on a very good player, that is unless I'm forced to take a player. For example this year I was pretty well forced to take a QB in the 5th and 6th rounds because the QB position was running dry rather quickly and I didn't want to be left with a bunch of scrubs at the QB position.

I agree on no approach when I play. I dont even have a plan on pick to pick usually till it comes up and I go look at who is taken here and the other WSL's. I had no intention of QB in the 5th but there was no WR or RB I really liked at that point and looking at WSL1, I knew there was a good chance no QB makes it back to me in round 6, that I like. I am still happy with the move as I think I started an early QB run that we did not get in last years WSL draft. I was hoping for Holmes and Crabtree on the 4/5 turns and that did not work out. I think I survive because of QB early and in crunch time it could pay off as it did in SSL for me. Plus I always know that you want 2 QB's over carrying 3 and that there is RB and WR that can be had later in the draft. It is like kicker. In a 12 team league with waiver moves, I wait till the end. In a 12 team league I probably again wait till the end but here, you dont want to be down to 1. You can get lucky(and the winner probably did along the way. Yellow barely got by week 3, 6, 7 and was in trouble in the semis till I put up a season worst by far 73 in week 15) to win the entire thing though.

Even though I wonder what is the earliest to go QB in all SL's. Was it the 3-4 by Stinkin Ref(Even though his RB's killed him)

The only way you know that 2 of your top 6 guys will be gettin zeros is if you draft a backup QB and a backup TE in the first 6 rounds. I don't see alot of that.I think I view these drafts differently than alot of folks here (especially the WSL and and PDSL) my main goal is not to win but gather info. There are times I woun't draft the #1 player on my board, just to see how far he will fall.

I play in a bunch of satellites in the WCOFF and FFPC. I like the early drafts, because frankly some folks aren't as prepared early as they shouls be. I like the ADP info from these drafts as an early baseline. I like to see what Bloom and others whose ranking greatly influance the masses are thinking. I look at what other high stakes guys like Team Legacy, Radballs, and Capt. Hook are thinking as I know I will be in money drafts against them fairly soon.

I love the input from you Stinlin Ref a bucnh of work , and very much appreciated. I read a ton on these boards and don't post a bunch. I will be more active in the future.
:unsure: I took a backup TE in round 6, so I guess I know one of my "studs" will get a zero each week, but I look at it more as TEBC with the 5/6 rounds. I might have considered doing the same with QBs had I taken Welker instead of Romo, and it would have been Freeman/Ryan. I just view these positions as needing a stud and preferably a decent backup, the committee approach gives the end result of probably scoring like a stud and having a backup. I don't know the historical data and I'm not sure it really matters.

I think most are just waiting for you to finish your evaluations for discussion. Someone doing such a thing is always nice.

I dont know about historical data on this. I know Yellow won this thing last year. He hit on Vick and Foster913.9) later in the draft. 3 QB's was huge for him with Vick, Hass and Freeman(so went the cheap way here but it worked out nicely going 8, 9 and 11th round) and good thing as only Freeman had pts in week 17.

Last year QB's did not fly off the shelf like this year either. Matt Leinart was QB16 at the end of round 6(6.14) QB20 was not taken till round 8(8.14). But I also think there was not as many open jobs that everyone was seeing a big dropoff in QB.

Yellow in the 9th spot went Gore, Calvin, St. Smith, Celek, Ronnie Brown, Jacobs, and Edelman for his 1st 7 which I see as some big duds in there from rounds 3 to 7.

Urak who goes to finals took Brady early and than waited on QB and missed out. Peterson, Smith NYG, Welker, Cotchery, Miller and McFadden where top 7. So he hit on a few in the early rounds.

Ruff the top scorer overall., had a good QB in Rivers(3rd) but crap for backup. CJohnson, gonzo, Maclin, Ward, Britt, T. Jones finished off top 7. He did kind of do okay on Ryan Matthews in the 8th, Knox in the 10th and Gronkowski in the 20th

My team which was 3rd leading scorer and finished 3rd(was #1 scoring till last 4 weeks) was 2 good QB(Rodgers, Palmer). Went with Wayne, Boldin, Addai, Bush, and Keller as the rest. Hit on Blount in the 19th, Floyd in 11th and Pettigrew in the 9th was nice but had some wasted picks in Holt and Dillard. Injuries kind of caught up with me in the last 4 weeks.

Stinkin you went QB-QB in 3-4 last year with Schuabb-McNabb and went out week 1.

Hell went earlier on QB than most with Manning-Young(3-8) and finished 6

Teams that waited on QB other than Yellow did awful overall. El Super had this duo 9.05 - Chad Henne, MIA, QB22

19.05 - Daunte Culpepper, DET, QB37 and was 3rd OUT

BNB has this duo 6.14 - Matt Leinart, ARI, QB16 8.14 - David Garrard, JAC, QB20 9.03 - Alex Smith, SF, QB21 and was 5th out
Here were my QB scores last year....Garrard, David JAC QB QB 27.50 14.65 7.55 30.55 27.80 2.45 0.00 43.20 0.00 32.60 25.60 18.20 14.20 29.15 27.50 30.85 0.00

Smith, Alex SFO QB QB 11.25 23.55 17.60 15.50 35.05 21.80 12.45 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 31.95 8.85 6.00 25.80

10 weeks over 25 points. The week I went out (week 4) I posted 31 pts at QB. Ray Rice was my only scoring RB at 3.9 pts. Only 3 of 6 WRs posted a score which turned out to be 15.5 pts. DJax had 5 of those points. Bowe and Rice had donuts. My 3 TEs netted 9.5 pts. Waiting on QB wasn't the problem with my team.

Going back a year ago to how iffy RB-WR can get later on compared to the QB I got. Palmer did give me an extra 80 pts on the year over Rodgers.

Anyways if I dont take Palmer, the next RB's are Slaton, Forsett, Thomas Jones, McFadden, Barber, Sproles, Dwyer, Hightower, Portis to the end of the 7th. Only one of these guys would have helped my team in McFadden who would have given me an extra 134 pts but I still go out at the 3rd spot.

What about WR, Chambers, Breaston, Britt, Bryant, Royal, Edelmen, Avery, Evans, Wallace, Collie, Bryant. So Wallace helps of course and Brit or Collie would have provided weeks but not when I needed it. End up the same. Wallace does give 152 more points for me but I still finish same spot. But that was pretty easy to do as my WR core sucked by the end of the season and 50 pts over last 3 weeks more.

So you are correct. But than that is hitting the 1 out of 9 RB's that would have helped more and the 1 out of 10 WR's that would have. Collie is plus 87 with his hot spot but still go out the same again.

Old Milwaukee:

Tom Brady NE QB 5

Alex Smith SF QB 34

I love Brady and it's really not about chasing points with him, it's that he may be the best player in the game and when NE gets in scoring position it seems they keep the ball in his hands. I don't have any stats to back it up and I am not sure where NE ended up as far as the running game goes, but it seems that the short passing game IS their running game. I see Brady continuing to have monster weeks and is the type of QB that you can almost fly solo with, you know he will get you something every week. I would have liked this group much better if you would have taken a chance and backed up Brady with one of HellToupee rookies. You were taking a chance with Smith anyway, why not take that chance on a team that might draft one of the rooks and throw him to the wolves right away instead of taking a chance on a guy who has pretty much shown he can only keep a job by default if he can keep it at all.

Jamal Charles KC RB 4

Shonn Greene NYJ RB 23

Chris Ivory NO RB 46

Kevin Faulk NE RB 76

Thought the Greene pick was one of your better picks. At the time I saw him as the last player in that tier and a drop off after him due to question marks with the backs still on the board. The lisfranc injury with Ivory is something I think a bunch of people are staying away from or else he would have gone much higher. Worried that your two backups will have trouble posting a score for you if you need them too. Like the 1-2 punch though. With the question marks around Ivory and Faulk this group could have used another body or two. The 3 DST and 4 TE strategy while very outside the box and something to talk about, just didn't seem like a good play when there where plenty of RB's that you could have added that might have helped pick up a few points for you at the RB spot when you needed it while 2 dst and 3 TE's sit on your bench every week.

Mike Wallace PIT WR 12

Sidney Rice MIN WR 25

Johny Knox CHI WR 32

Malcom Floyd SD WR 35

Randy Moss ??? WR 44

Lee Evans BUF WR 46

Should be able to post 3 scores here unless bye weeks catch you. One more body would be nice. I may be the only one staying away from Rice this year, but just don't like what is going on with him and that injury and the QB play. Knox should be solid in this format and Moss could be solid if he decides he really wants to play football and ends up in a place that makes him feel like actually playing again. Does Lee Evans ride off nto the sunset and make that a wasted pick.

Kevin Boss NYG TE 27

Fred Davis WAS TE 30

Michael Hoomanawanui STL TE 31

Kyle Rudolph Rookie TE 32

Don't really know what to say but this looks like a bunch of picks spent on little to no production. Hoping to hit homerun each week here with a bunch of single hitters. Maybe Ruolph is the next Witten, I don't know yet.

Baltimore Ravens D/ST 7

Oakland Raiders D/ST 11

Buffalo Bills D/ST 26

Rian Lindell BUF PK 25

Love the first two dst picks, but felt the BUF pick was one of the worst picks of the draft. I realize you were going for the wow factor as indicated by your "somebody's flying with one DST" comment right after you made it. While you might get some gratification out of sticking someone with one DST, others will get some gratification out of watching their teams advance becuase they have more depth at other positions. Don't know a whole lot about these, but 7 picks on TE and DST and only 1 PK seems a little over the top. I think these strategies back fire you. Overall I like the way the draft started for you although I think you might be a little too high on Wallace, have a feeling he regresses a little for some reason and there were some other guys out there. Solid QB 1, no depth at RB, only 6 WR's with some question marks surrounding a couple of them, 4 picks on TE, 3 on D one PK....seems like it would have to be the perfect storm for this to work.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. RC94

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. Crippler

7. Gamma1210

8. Old Mil

9. Quitter

up next krsone21...on deck Bass...

krsone21:

Sam Bradford STL QB 15

Matthew Stafford DET QB 18

This is where it gets kind of fun for me when I look at the guys drafting right next to me. I really like this group. Lots of upside and big week potential. As I mentioned I thought about trying to get this group and was really hoping you wouldn't take Stafford in the 6th. I think RC94 might really end up regretting his 5/6 picks of Cassell/Moss when he could have had a much higher upside combo of QB's at that point in the draft. I'm a KC fan but hate Cassell in this format especially as a QB1. I think too many people are scared off by Stafford injuries, but kid is tough and he is a baller. I would have taken him earlier than some of the QB's that went early in the 5th. Personally I don't think 30-35 TD's is out of the question for either of these guys. But that just MO. I think you hit the jackpot here.

Rashard Mendenhall PIT RB 9

Ryan Matthews SDC RB 19

Danny Woodhead NE RB 39

Anthony Dixon SF RB 63

Keiland Williams WAS RB 72

I'm not as high on Mendy as most, but he produces. I wanted to jump on Matthews in a bunch of my leagues last year, but for one reason or another it didn't happen and in retrospect it turned out okay. But honestly I was right there with everybody else and liked his game and more importantly his "situation"....in looked like a gold mine. If he has a year that we all think he should, he will be great value for you as people seemed to really sour on how things turned out last year. He could easily outproduce his RB19 ranking. If Woodhead's role stays the same he could be a steal. Don't you love the BB system that can put a guy like this in a position to succeed. Let's say Gore gets hurt, is Dixon really the next guy in line or does SF like more of a Westbrook type and bring somebody like that in. Something tells me Dixon hasn't earned their confidence yet. Love the first 3 guys here.

Greg Jennings WR 5

Brandon Marshall MIA WR 19

A.J. Green Rookie WR 40

Steve Breaston ARI WR 63

Eddie Royal DEN WR 67

Brian Robiskie CLE WR 85

Jennings solid. Will B-Marsh ever put up the numbers he did in DEN? Dude is a beast and probably one of the top 3 most physically gifted WR in the league. He should be a centerpiece of a gameplan, just not sure he is the spot for that to happen. Not sure what to say yet about Green, and not real high on your depth here after top 2. Who knows what will happen in ARI, you have to think Breaston gets a bump if they bring somebody in, otherwise meh. Royal coming off pretty major surgery. Robiski nice late flier I guess. This group could use another body. If you would have just taken 85 instead of Stafford ;) Iwould like this group a lot better. Went back and looked and I guess the only thing I saw was that maybe you could have passed on Shaincoe and added a guy like Benn, Jones, Nelson, Shipley, Bennet or something and made this group a little stronger, or a flier WR instead of Shockey. I don't know.

Aaron Hernandez NE TE 18

Visanthe Shiancoe MIN TE 25

Jeremy Shockey NO TE 33

Think you benefited from guys like me passing on TE for awhile and you were able to get what I think is a very respectable group here.

Atlanta Falcons D/ST 16

Tennessee Titans D/ST 23

David Akers PHI PK 10

Garrett Hartley NO PK 17

solid 4some.

I like the big game upside potential of this team. If MIA uses Marshall the way they should that will help this team big time, and I really feel you will need Green to step in and produce right away.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

*threw the challenge flag on myself...after further review.....some slight adjustments

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. krsone21

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. RC94

7. Crippler

8. OLd Mil

9. Gamma

10. Quitter

up next Bass...on deck quick recap of mine just to find my spot in rankings...

:2cents: Old Milwaukee:-snip-
I look to which picks I would have done differently, while understanding this is hindsight.1. A backup PK instead of a 3rd D2. less TEs but a better one3. an additional WR but maybe wait on one? Instead of the Bills, any kicker after the big 3. I think this is the big one. 3rd D will be almost useless I think, a top kicker could help a lot. Instead of Knox, I would have taken KW. If you really wanted Knox, maybe instead of Floyd, take Hernandez or Gresham. Then, instead of Davis and Hoom... Baldwin/Plax/Young and Gettis/Hester.Or if you prefer, could have had Morgan or Cotchery and a kicker later. Many ways to slice it, but those are the 3 things I think could hurt your team.

BassNBrew:

Peyton Manning IND QB 4

Carson Palmer CIN QB 22

I think Palmer plays, who knows where and who knows how effective. What I don't like is the retirement talk. I don't care if it's a smokescreen or whatever, but I never want to really hear a guy basically say he doesn't care if he plays or not. Is that the kind of guy you want to trade for? Manning doesn't get hurt and like Brady usually gives you decent production every week, so if you have enough to cover his donut bye weeks, you should be solid here....but let's take a look.....

Arian Foster HOU RB 5

DeAngelo Williams ??? RB 15

Mike Tolbert SD RB 47

Toby Gerhart MIN RB 75

Personally I think Foster falling to 1.06 is BS. Like sipping on a 40 of OE and reeling in a 7 lb largemouth. Christmas comes early at the lakehouse. Solid at the top then we got to see what happens with Dwilly. Him ending up in a great situation could make this the top combo in the league, but that hasn't happened yet. I don't know if it's certain he is gone, putting myself in Rivera's shoes, I might want to keep Dwilly and unload Stewart...I don't know, maybe thats crazy. Tolbert earned himself playing time and Gerhart could post numbers in relief etc.

Pierre Garcon IND WR 24

James Jones GB WR 43

Jacoby Ford OAK WR 47

Louis Murphy OAK WR 71

Plaxico Burress NY Corrections WR 79

Nate Washington TEN WR 82

Jason Avant PHI WR 88

Devery Henderson NO WR 92

Pretty well documented already that people think this is a weak spot. Me not so much. In this format it's not about not having a couple top 10 guys at years end, it's about getting 3 solid scores each week. I could see this group ham-n-eggin it big time. Big part of that is sheer numbers, 8 guys. Other part is big play potential/ 2 TD type games. With only 1 WR taken within the first 7 rounds this could be worse. If Moore goes elsewhere Henderson is a great pick. You've been pimpin Ford, and I agree he might be ready to step his game up.

Chris Cooley WAS TE 7

Rob Gronkowski NE TE 13

One of the two TE in the first 6 round guys. Catches with one TD's with the other. Should be a solid group with what they cost. I'm not doing cartwheels until I see what happens at QB in WAS. Don't have the stats in front of me, how did Cooley do without McNabb. Brady makes Gronk a solid pick. Obviously by taking your TE2 in the 6th and following that up with your Palmer pick, this is where your WR crew suffered a little. But if they cover those points, who knows. Probably should have said this above, I really didn't like the Palmer pick and I think you would have also been a good canidate to implement some form of the strategy HellToupee took by snagging the Gabbert/Newton combo later and using that Palmer pick elsewhere. Some gamble whether you could pull that off or not, but it would have been sweet if you could. Personally I think as we get closer to the draft/regular season, I think some teams come out with the thought of playing those two from day one. I think Newtons stock starts rising higher and higher. Dude is huge for a QB.

Chicago Bears D/ST 3

Detroit Lions D/ST 12

Nate Kaeding SD PK 3

Adam Vinatieri IND PK 7

Could be the best 4some in the league.

In this format what many consider your perceived weakness at WR may actually be a strength. It is easy to say you should have added some depth at RB at the expense of one of those WR's, but then I wouldn't have liked that group as much if even one of those guys was gone. I guess I take that back...with Ford on board maybe that Murphy pick could have been used elsewhere which would have allowed another RB t some point...maybe a McGahee, rookie, Harrison, Snelling...?...not neccessarily in the 12th...maybe you go a different direction with the 12th pick but then maybe able to snag some insurance at RB later.

If the Palmer/Dwilly situations shake out this team is pretty solid. I think they will and I think this team is built to advance each week. Thought I saw somebody post earlier that "my team is not built just to advance every week, but to win"....well isn't advancing every week basically winning in this thing.

With 5 reviews left we got a new leader in the clubhouse.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. BassNBrew

2. Getinthemix

3. HellToupee

4. krsone21

5. Urak-Hai

6. Atomic Punk

7. RC94

8. Crippler

9. Old Mil

10. Gamma

11. Quitter

up next after further review Stinkin Ref...on deck Menobrown...

Stinkin Ref:

Matt Ryan ATL QB 14

Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 19

Not a ton of pop, but one of the few QB combos without question marks. (Nothing to add)

Ahmad Bradshaw NYG RB 18

LaGarrette Blount TB RB 21

Brandon Jacobs NYG RB 42

Marion Barber DAL RB 49

Bernard Scott CIN RB 53

Jerome Harrison PHI RB 67

Fell pretty good about the top 2 and I think the depth has some pop on the back end and with Jacobs that could come come into play. Not liking the Barber pick and would much rather see Thomas Jones name there. But I'll take this group. (If one of Scott/Harrison pan out it will add some insurance here, like all these picks except for Barber. Warming to the Jacobs/Bradshaw combo and locking up NYG running game or getting a couple of solid guys should Bradshaw leave.)

Calvin Johnson DET WR 2

Reggie Wayne IND WR 6

Steve Smith CAR WR 38

Terrell Owens WR 41

Kevin Walter HOU WR 73

T.J. Houshmandzadeh BAL WR 96

Was planning on having 7 but Harrison was too good to pass up. Think this is pretty solid. (Going WR/WR was a gamble but I'd put this up against most especially if Owens keeps producing at a high level)

Todd Heap BAL TE 24

Tony Scheffler DET TE 34

I suck. (nothing to add)

Denver Broncos D/ST 29

Washington Redskins D/ST 30

Matt Bryant ATL PK 1

Olindo Mare SEA PK 28

Two of each. (nothing to add)

Overall: Will need some big weeks by WR's to cover the TE situation. While I like the stability of my QB's I wish I had more pop. If I hit on Blount and Scott and Harrison get action I could be okay, otherwise not a great showing in this draft, but middle of the pack maybe. (after going through some of the teams so far, I am a little more optimistic about this group and ability to advance each week...have a feeling though TE will kill me...hope Smith and Owens make me look smart for passing on TE with those picks)

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. BassNBrew

2. Getinthemix

3. HellToupee

4. krsone21

5. Stinkin Ref

6. Urak-Hai

7. Atomic Punk

8. RC94

9. Crippler

10. Old Mil

11. Gamma

12. Quitter

up next Menobrown....on deck Yellow

menobrown:

Phillip Rivers QB 3

Colt McCoy CLE QB 29

Rivers seems like a little ##### but I love his competitiveness and his game. I think McCoy improves on his rookie season. Should be ok here.

Darren McFadden OAK RB 6

Jahvid Best DET RB 16

Ryan Torain WAS RB 28

Micheal Bush OAK RB 44

Taiwan Jones Rookie RB 74

Personally I would put your top 4 up against any other 4some. To my detriment I will probably always shy away from McFadden because of the injury thing, but he can play. I think Best will be undervalued headed into this season until the preseason games when he busts off a couple of big plays again. He is closer to what we saw early than late IMO. I love the way Torain played when he was in there. He just looks the part and runs hard. And I think you may have gotten the steal of the draft with Bush. He is a free agent and I think there will be a huge market for him. I have seen a few games where he looks like a man among boys. If he becomes the #1 guy somewhere, which I think he will, this group will be awesome. I should have taken him instead of Jacobs. Your top 4 seem to have a lot of the same chacteristics. I love what you did here.

Santonio Holmes NYJ WR 23

Jerome Simpson CIN WR 42

Lance Moore NO WR 48

Mohammed Massaquoi CLE WR 70

Chaz Schillens OAK WR 83

Ben Obamanu SEA WR 87

Brandon Lafell CAR WR 93

This group is not real great but you got 7 and that helps in this format. With Graham on board you maybe could have passed on Gresham and took a WR in the 7th.

Jimmy Graham SF TE 8

Jermaine Gresham CIN TE 17

Super solid, Graham will be top 5 and between these two you should get a big score each week.

Kansas City Chiefs D/ST 13

Jacksonville Jaguars D/ST 32

Mason Crosby GB PK 2

Josh Brown STL PK 8

Good group.

Personally I think your WR's will make or break this group as you are above average or well above average at the other positions. Starting to think that a draft pick in the middle of these 16 teamers is the place to be this year.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

right now I have it as a coin flip between Bass and Meno for the top spot, Meno has advantage at RB that I really want to go with but Bass has two solid ones in tow as well and think ultimately his depth at WR gives him the edge at posting 3 solid scores each week so he gets the nod only because I think his group of WR as a whole will help him advance....Meno will have some great scores from his RB but some of those will be on the bench...flipped a coin it came up Bass...

1. BassNBrew

2. menobrown

3. Getinthemix

4. HellToupee

5. krsone21

6. Stinkin Ref

7. Urak-Hai

8. Atomic Punk

9. RC94

10. Crippler

11. Old Mil

12. Gamma

13. Quitter

up next Yellow....on deck Kruppe

Yellow Line is Unofficial:

Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF QB 23

Kerry Collins TEN QB 30

Marc Bulger BAL QB 35

Rounds 4-6 were pretty critical to this team (Collie/NYG-Smith/85/FitzQB). Passed up were QB10 through QB22 during that span. Not sure what happened here, can't really say you got caught by a run cause you had plenty of opportunity to start with a different QB. Not sure if Fitz will be the guy or not. We'll see but this is a tough start at an important position. Would be interested to know what you would do if you had do-overs.

Maurice Jones-Drew JAX RB 8

Peyton Hillis CLE RB 12

Pierre Thomas NO RB 38

Daniel Thomas Rookie RB 62

James Davis WAS RB 68

Real solid top 2. Pierre could land in a good spot and give you some points if he stays healthy. Lots are worried about MJD so he fell, can't really comment about Thomas. Jennings might have been a good target to solidify this group.

Wes Welker IND WR 13

Austin Collie IND WR 20

Steve Smith NYG WR 28

Chad Johnson CIN WR 31

Nate Burleson DET WR 62

Adrian Arrington NO WR 102

You acquired your top 4 guys in rounds 3-6. Don't know why but it seems like it should be a little stronger because of that and also because your QB position suffered during that same time which kind of makes it a double whammy. As a whole the group could be ok if 85 lands and produces. Looks like a good amount of catches here but not many TD's.

Tony Moeaki KC TE 22

John Carlson SEA TE 26

Moeaki could improve...not much to see here but it could be worse (see mine).

New Orleans D/ST 15

Houstan Texans D/ST 24

Dan Carpenter MIA PK 9

Ryan Succop KC PK 18

I like this group.

I can't get past the QB position. You may not have one to start the season. Your round 5 pick of Smith -NYG is where I believe you made a mistake, you had to take a QB there. They were starting to go and only 3 of the 6 guys after you had a QB. Real good chance in the next 12 picks before you pick again that a bunch go and they did (6 of them). Looks like you said screw it after that. Then after your Fitz pick you could have backed him up with a Hasselbeck, a Campbell, or Orton and things may have looked ok, but you didn't. I don't know.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

second challenge flag thrown....swapped Old Mil and Crippler

1. BassNBrew

2. menobrown

3. Getinthemix

4. HellToupee

5. krsone21

6. Stinkin Ref

7. Urak-Hai

8. Atomic Punk

9. RC94

10. Old Mil

11. Crippler

12. Yellow Line is Unofficial

13. Gamma

14. Quitter

up next Kruppe....on deck Fubar

Kruppe:

Mike Vick ATL QB 1

Vince Young TEN QB 28

Mike Kafka PHI QB 39

High octane with Vick and VY should land somewhere and if it's the right spot he could be a good pick. Will he start? I don't think Kolb gets traded so the Kafka pick may be a waste.

Knowshon Moreno DEN RB 17

BenJarvus Green-Ellis NE RB 27

Reggie Bush NO RB 34

Ben Tate HOU RB 56

Darren Sproles SD RB 58

Not sure what to think here. I guess a bunch rides on BJGE, but I'm not sold. Tebow could vulture some goaline love, heck yards as well. If Bush could stay healthy he could be a monster in this format but it just doesn't seem possible. Tate, who knows and who knows where Sproles ends up. Think Sproles still had over 50 receptions last year, that could go up or down depending on where he goes.

Anquan Boldin BAL WR 22

Braylon Edwards NYJ WR 36

Davone Bess MIA WR 49

Emmanual Sanders PIT WR 61

Dexter McCluster KC WR 69

Brandon Gibson STL WR 94

Taking two TE's in the first 5 picks has to have a negative impact somewhere on the rest of your roster. Not sure if it was at RB or here at WR. Looking back I think it was here. There where some WR's you could have added in the 5th and then still got a very solid TE2 in the 6th if you wanted, cause I actually think BJGE may have made it back to you in the 7th, had you gone that route. Where does Braylon go?

Jermichael Finley GB TE 4

Marcedes Lewis JAC TE 9

Solid pair as it should be. Must be sold that Lewis emergence last year was a sign of things to come instead of a flash in the pan. Personally I have Bowe and Lewis ranked very high on my list of guys that will come back to earth in a big way next year. But thats just opinion and you can't argue with the ability here. A top 5 pick will not be scoring for you each week.

Cincinnati Bengals D/ST 28

Carolina Panthers D/ST 31

Matt Prater DEN PK 26

Jason Hanson DET PK 31

You punted here which I actually like as a strategy especially when you are still able to get a guy like Prater that late. He will produce more as they get better, dude is pretty good.

I think Vick has to carry this team and you will need Finley to actually out play his second round status. RB's could be a big problem.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. BassNBrew

2. Menobrown

3. Getinthemix

4. HellToupee

5. Krsone21

6. Stinkin Ref

7. Urak-Hai

8. Atomic Punk

9. RC94

10. Kruppe

11. Old Mil

12. Crippler

13. Yellow Line is Unofficial

14. Gamma

15. Quitter

up next Fubar....on deck a rum and coke.....

FUBAR:

Tony Romo DAL QB 7

Jason Campbell OAK QB 26

Rex Grossman WAS QB 38

I think Campbell holds off challengers next year so I kind of like the pair. Grossman seems like a wasted pick and if actually helps you at all this year I may quit playing fantasy football. Flier somewhere else there maybe.

LeSean McCoy PHI RB 7

James Starks GB RB 33

Tashard Choice DAL RB 43

Montario Hardesty CLE RB 48

We'll see what happens in GB, but McCoy is solid. You would think Choice earned more playing time and maybe he'll get it if Barber is gone. Saw hadesty a bunch in the WSL's and I guess I am just more of a believer in Hillis than some, but I see Hillis keeping Hardesty held in check with spot duty. Another body here might have been a good play, rolling with 4 is somewhat risky.

Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 7

Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 21

Mike Thomas JAC WR 37

Donnie Avery STL WR 68

Johnny Baldwin Rookie WR 77

Derrick Mason BAL WR 86

Eric Decker DEN WR 95

Pretty solid 7 here and should be able to get 3 scores. Love the Decker pick. Fitz may be undervalued this year. If AZ got an Orton, I think he would be huge.

Brandon Pettigrew DET TE 10

Tony Gonzalez ATL TE 12

Back to back TE in 5-6. These guys should do pretty good for you and I know Tony G is hard to pass up, but I might have gone with Gronk instead for upside only.

San Francisco D/ST 14

Miami Dolphins D/ST 25

David Buehler DAL PK 19

Connor Barth TB PK 27

Cool.

Looking at this team, I kind of like it except for the RB's, but that could change if one of them steps up into a more prominent role. Can't quite figure out where this team fits in the overall picture, could see you lasting, could see an early exit. Hmmmm..

KINDA FINAL SRBS RANKINGS:

*subject to change within the next 48 hours

1. BassNBrew

2. Menobrown

3. Getinthemix

4. HellToupee

5. Krsone21

6. Stinkin Ref

7. Urak-Hai

8. Atomic Punk

9. RC94

10. Kruppe

11. Fubar

12. Old Mil

13. Crippler

14. Yellow Line is Unofficial

15. Gamma

16. Quitter

Rounds 4-6 were pretty critical to this team (Collie/NYG-Smith/85/FitzQB). Passed up were QB10 through QB22 during that span. Not sure what happened here, can't really say you got caught by a run cause you had plenty of opportunity to start with a different QB. Not sure if Fitz will be the guy or not. We'll see but this is a tough start at an important position. Would be interested to know what you would do if you had do-overs.
I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.If I had it to do over Round 2: Larry Fitz instead of HillisRound 5: Stafford or Ryan instead of SmithRound 6: Torin instead of Chad 85Round 7: Aaron Hernandez instead of Ryan FitzRound 8: Orton/Campbell instead of MoeakiRound 12: Massoqui instead of CollinsThis is what that team would have looked like:Matt Stafford DET QBJason Campbell OAK QBMarc Bulger BAL QB 35Maurice Jones-Drew JAX RB 8Ryan Torin WAS RBPierre Thomas NO RB 38Daniel Thomas Rookie RB 62James Davis WAS RB 68Larry Fitzgerald WR ARIWes Welker IND WR 13Austin Collie IND WR 20Nate Burleson DET WR 62Mohameed Masaquoi CLE WRAdrian Arrington NO WR 102Aaron Hernandez NE TEJohn Carlson SEA TE 26No worries though, as I said in an earlier post I sometimes pass on the guy I like best just to see har far he will go. Godd stuff, Ref. Thanks again

krsone21:

Sam Bradford STL QB 15

Matthew Stafford DET QB 18

This is where it gets kind of fun for me when I look at the guys drafting right next to me. I really like this group. Lots of upside and big week potential. As I mentioned I thought about trying to get this group and was really hoping you wouldn't take Stafford in the 6th. I think RC94 might really end up regretting his 5/6 picks of Cassell/Moss when he could have had a much higher upside combo of QB's at that point in the draft. I'm a KC fan but hate Cassell in this format especially as a QB1. I think too many people are scared off by Stafford injuries, but kid is tough and he is a baller. I would have taken him earlier than some of the QB's that went early in the 5th. Personally I don't think 30-35 TD's is out of the question for either of these guys. But that just MO. I think you hit the jackpot here.

Rashard Mendenhall PIT RB 9

Ryan Matthews SDC RB 19

Danny Woodhead NE RB 39

Anthony Dixon SF RB 63

Keiland Williams WAS RB 72

I'm not as high on Mendy as most, but he produces. I wanted to jump on Matthews in a bunch of my leagues last year, but for one reason or another it didn't happen and in retrospect it turned out okay. But honestly I was right there with everybody else and liked his game and more importantly his "situation"....in looked like a gold mine. If he has a year that we all think he should, he will be great value for you as people seemed to really sour on how things turned out last year. He could easily outproduce his RB19 ranking. If Woodhead's role stays the same he could be a steal. Don't you love the BB system that can put a guy like this in a position to succeed. Let's say Gore gets hurt, is Dixon really the next guy in line or does SF like more of a Westbrook type and bring somebody like that in. Something tells me Dixon hasn't earned their confidence yet. Love the first 3 guys here.

Greg Jennings WR 5

Brandon Marshall MIA WR 19

A.J. Green Rookie WR 40

Steve Breaston ARI WR 63

Eddie Royal DEN WR 67

Brian Robiskie CLE WR 85

Jennings solid. Will B-Marsh ever put up the numbers he did in DEN? Dude is a beast and probably one of the top 3 most physically gifted WR in the league. He should be a centerpiece of a gameplan, just not sure he is the spot for that to happen. Not sure what to say yet about Green, and not real high on your depth here after top 2. Who knows what will happen in ARI, you have to think Breaston gets a bump if they bring somebody in, otherwise meh. Royal coming off pretty major surgery. Robiski nice late flier I guess. This group could use another body. If you would have just taken 85 instead of Stafford ;) Iwould like this group a lot better. Went back and looked and I guess the only thing I saw was that maybe you could have passed on Shaincoe and added a guy like Benn, Jones, Nelson, Shipley, Bennet or something and made this group a little stronger, or a flier WR instead of Shockey. I don't know.

Aaron Hernandez NE TE 18

Visanthe Shiancoe MIN TE 25

Jeremy Shockey NO TE 33

Think you benefited from guys like me passing on TE for awhile and you were able to get what I think is a very respectable group here.

Atlanta Falcons D/ST 16

Tennessee Titans D/ST 23

David Akers PHI PK 10

Garrett Hartley NO PK 17

solid 4some.

I like the big game upside potential of this team. If MIA uses Marshall the way they should that will help this team big time, and I really feel you will need Green to step in and produce right away.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

*threw the challenge flag on myself...after further review.....some slight adjustments

1. Getinthemix

2. HellToupee

3. krsone21

4. Urak-Hai

5. Atomic Punk

6. RC94

7. Crippler

8. OLd Mil

9. Gamma

10. Quitter

up next Bass...on deck quick recap of mine just to find my spot in rankings...
Great stuff Stinkin Ref :thumbup: I can't argue with anything you said. I agree with you, after thinking back on it I would have drafted a 7th wr over grabbing Jeremy Shockey. I went back and forth with the decision up until it was my turn to pick.

:bow: FUBAR:-snip-Back to back TE in 5-6. These guys should do pretty good for you and I know Tony G is hard to pass up, but I might have gone with Gronk instead for upside only.
Do over with hindsight, I probably would have taken McGahee instead of Barth although Barth is a kicker I'm actually looking to take in any league I can. After that, Hanson instead of Mason, and then a WR flier instead of Grossman. Or just Gerhart / Taylor instead of Grossman. Problem is I think Grossman starts at least half the year and in round 20, it's hard to pass on a starting QB especially as I don't particularly like Campbell. As for Gronk instead of Gonzo, I completely disagree. Gronk might have a better game or two but I think Gonzo ends the year a fair bit higher than Gronk, even if Gronk reaches his ability this year. And with a younger TE on board who has a QB risk, I'll take Gonzo every time.
Pierre Garcon IND WR 24James Jones GB WR 43Jacoby Ford OAK WR 47Louis Murphy OAK WR 71Plaxico Burress NY Corrections WR 79Nate Washington TEN WR 82Jason Avant PHI WR 88Devery Henderson NO WR 92Pretty well documented already that people think this is a weak spot. Me not so much. In this format it's not about not having a couple top 10 guys at years end, it's about getting 3 solid scores each week. I could see this group ham-n-eggin it big time. Big part of that is sheer numbers, 8 guys. Other part is big play potential/ 2 TD type games. With only 1 WR taken within the first 7 rounds this could be worse. If Moore goes elsewhere Henderson is a great pick. You've been pimpin Ford, and I agree he might be ready to step his game up.
I see what you're saying about the number of bodies here and I don't disagree, but I see Murphy, Washington, and Avant as just bodies and not particularly productive. Plax is a nice risk/reward but could be completely wasted, Hendo could be nice value. If things break right this will look great in the end and he did well for the strategy. I just don't like that the group looks like a million monkeys trying to write War and Peace. Looks good elsewhere though, so as long as he gets 3 decent scores each week, he could win this thing.

Kruppe:

Mike Vick ATL QB 1

Vince Young TEN QB 28

Mike Kafka PHI QB 39

High octane with Vick and VY should land somewhere and if it's the right spot he could be a good pick. Will he start? I don't think Kolb gets traded so the Kafka pick may be a waste.

Knowshon Moreno DEN RB 17

BenJarvus Green-Ellis NE RB 27

Reggie Bush NO RB 34

Ben Tate HOU RB 56

Darren Sproles SD RB 58

Not sure what to think here. I guess a bunch rides on BJGE, but I'm not sold. Tebow could vulture some goaline love, heck yards as well. If Bush could stay healthy he could be a monster in this format but it just doesn't seem possible. Tate, who knows and who knows where Sproles ends up. Think Sproles still had over 50 receptions last year, that could go up or down depending on where he goes.

Anquan Boldin BAL WR 22

Braylon Edwards NYJ WR 36

Davone Bess MIA WR 49

Emmanual Sanders PIT WR 61

Dexter McCluster KC WR 69

Brandon Gibson STL WR 94

Taking two TE's in the first 5 picks has to have a negative impact somewhere on the rest of your roster. Not sure if it was at RB or here at WR. Looking back I think it was here. There where some WR's you could have added in the 5th and then still got a very solid TE2 in the 6th if you wanted, cause I actually think BJGE may have made it back to you in the 7th, had you gone that route. Where does Braylon go?

Jermichael Finley GB TE 4

Marcedes Lewis JAC TE 9

Solid pair as it should be. Must be sold that Lewis emergence last year was a sign of things to come instead of a flash in the pan. Personally I have Bowe and Lewis ranked very high on my list of guys that will come back to earth in a big way next year. But thats just opinion and you can't argue with the ability here. A top 5 pick will not be scoring for you each week.

Cincinnati Bengals D/ST 28

Carolina Panthers D/ST 31

Matt Prater DEN PK 26

Jason Hanson DET PK 31

You punted here which I actually like as a strategy especially when you are still able to get a guy like Prater that late. He will produce more as they get better, dude is pretty good.

I think Vick has to carry this team and you will need Finley to actually out play his second round status. RB's could be a big problem.

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. BassNBrew

2. Menobrown

3. Getinthemix

4. HellToupee

5. Krsone21

6. Stinkin Ref

7. Urak-Hai

8. Atomic Punk

9. RC94

10. Kruppe

11. Old Mil

12. Crippler

13. Yellow Line is Unofficial

14. Gamma

15. Quitter

up next Fubar....on deck a rum and coke.....
Very much appreciate the feedback. I agree the 2nd TE in the 5th was a bad pick and things would look a bit better otherwise. The more I look at this team the less I like it. I have a decent shot at first guy booted here. I now think my WRs are the worst set in this league and my RBs kinda suck too. I am stuck hoping I get lucky with my RBs - mainly lawfirm stays on top the chart in NE and Bush lands somewhere where he can still get 70 catches. I am also hoping for lots of luck from the WRs - mainly Sanders breaks out and Boldin has a much better season than he did last year. All that said, I still have Vick and Finley so you never know.

:lmao: menobrown:Phillip Rivers QB 3Colt McCoy CLE QB 29Rivers seems like a little ##### but I love his competitiveness and his game. I think McCoy improves on his rookie season. Should be ok here.Darren McFadden OAK RB 6Jahvid Best DET RB 16Ryan Torain WAS RB 28Micheal Bush OAK RB 44Taiwan Jones Rookie RB 74Personally I would put your top 4 up against any other 4some. To my detriment I will probably always shy away from McFadden because of the injury thing, but he can play. I think Best will be undervalued headed into this season until the preseason games when he busts off a couple of big plays again. He is closer to what we saw early than late IMO. I love the way Torain played when he was in there. He just looks the part and runs hard. And I think you may have gotten the steal of the draft with Bush. He is a free agent and I think there will be a huge market for him. I have seen a few games where he looks like a man among boys. If he becomes the #1 guy somewhere, which I think he will, this group will be awesome. I should have taken him instead of Jacobs. Your top 4 seem to have a lot of the same chacteristics. I love what you did here. Santonio Holmes NYJ WR 23Jerome Simpson CIN WR 42Lance Moore NO WR 48Mohammed Massaquoi CLE WR 70Chaz Schillens OAK WR 83Ben Obamanu SEA WR 87Brandon Lafell CAR WR 93This group is not real great but you got 7 and that helps in this format. With Graham on board you maybe could have passed on Gresham and took a WR in the 7th. Jimmy Graham SF TE 8Jermaine Gresham CIN TE 17Super solid, Graham will be top 5 and between these two you should get a big score each week.Kansas City Chiefs D/ST 13Jacksonville Jaguars D/ST 32Mason Crosby GB PK 2Josh Brown STL PK 8Good group.Personally I think your WR's will make or break this group as you are above average or well above average at the other positions. Starting to think that a draft pick in the middle of these 16 teamers is the place to be this year.
Thanks for the detailed and nice writeup. Position by position and comment for comment I agree with you just about 100% with the end result me also thinking my WR's will make or break me.The only comment I slightly disagreed with is my decision to draft Gresham instead of a WR when I had Graham but even than we were a round away from being in complete agreement. I don't have buyers remorse over taking Gresham in the 7th round instead of a WR but my biggest regret of the draft was selecting Torain over a WR in the 6th round. If Torain handles the workload like the did last year this pick should be great value but for several reasons that's a decent sized "if" and of course I could have used another WR. With regards to Gresham it was my hope to select two top tier talent TE's if possible as I've noticed the top players at that position seem to get injured at a fairly large rate. Only other thing I'd say is I'm not sure if it's exactly good strategy to do what I did which is to take my third RB and second TE when I still had to fill a minimum of 2 WR positions in my starting lineup. Only thing I'll say in my defense was I tried to go for value when I saw it and I had a list of some WR's I thought I could stockpile later and I was able to get some of them.

:shrug:

Stinkin Ref:

Matt Ryan ATL QB 14

Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 19

Not a ton of pop, but one of the few QB combos without question marks. (Nothing to add)

Ahmad Bradshaw NYG RB 18

LaGarrette Blount TB RB 21

Brandon Jacobs NYG RB 42

Marion Barber DAL RB 49

Bernard Scott CIN RB 53

Jerome Harrison PHI RB 67

Fell pretty good about the top 2 and I think the depth has some pop on the back end and with Jacobs that could come come into play. Not liking the Barber pick and would much rather see Thomas Jones name there. But I'll take this group. (If one of Scott/Harrison pan out it will add some insurance here, like all these picks except for Barber. Warming to the Jacobs/Bradshaw combo and locking up NYG running game or getting a couple of solid guys should Bradshaw leave.)

Calvin Johnson DET WR 2

Reggie Wayne IND WR 6

Steve Smith CAR WR 38

Terrell Owens WR 41

Kevin Walter HOU WR 73

T.J. Houshmandzadeh BAL WR 96

Was planning on having 7 but Harrison was too good to pass up. Think this is pretty solid. (Going WR/WR was a gamble but I'd put this up against most especially if Owens keeps producing at a high level)

Todd Heap BAL TE 24

Tony Scheffler DET TE 34

I suck. (nothing to add)

Denver Broncos D/ST 29

Washington Redskins D/ST 30

Matt Bryant ATL PK 1

Olindo Mare SEA PK 28

Two of each. (nothing to add)

Overall: Will need some big weeks by WR's to cover the TE situation. While I like the stability of my QB's I wish I had more pop. If I hit on Blount and Scott and Harrison get action I could be okay, otherwise not a great showing in this draft, but middle of the pack maybe. (after going through some of the teams so far, I am a little more optimistic about this group and ability to advance each week...have a feeling though TE will kill me...hope Smith and Owens make me look smart for passing on TE with those picks)

CURRENT SRBS RANKINGS:

1. BassNBrew

2. Getinthemix

3. HellToupee

4. krsone21

5. Stinkin Ref

6. Urak-Hai

7. Atomic Punk

8. RC94

9. Crippler

10. Old Mil

11. Gamma

12. Quitter

up next Menobrown....on deck Yellow
QB - I like the Sanchez/Ryan combo. Both appear to be durable and both had some huge fantasy weeks last year. One of the select teams with two guys locked and loaded. The value of a stud QB is more in the flexibility it gives at other positions. While QBs are the highest scoring position, they also have the most steady floor. You pretty much have a guaranteed 10 pts every week (even during off weeks) with this format likely getting you an average of 20+. Grade C+RB - For waiting on RB as long as you did, I think you have decent top end talent. Blount/Bradshaw were the last of the tier of RBs that could post weak RB1 numbers. Between Jacobs/Barber I think you end up with another RB2 in this format due to their red zone carries. Absolutely Scott/Harrison late. This could be one of the best RB corps by the end of the year. These are the type of guys who helped people to championships in week 16/17 last year. I actually think you may have more talent than you need at this position which could have been used elsewhere. Grade B+

WR - Not going to discuss much, could be the best WRs in the league. If Smith bounces back and TO does 75% of what he did last year you will be lapping many teams at WR. Grade A.

TE - Meh. You'll be fine until Heap gets injured. You'll need to hope the rest of the team carries you until he gets back from injury. Grade D-.

K/D - Two of each but still in the bottom half of the league. Grade D+.

In some ways this team reminds me of many of the winning teams from last year. Average QBs (alot like Freeman from last year) that will keep you around and could come up big at the end. Deep RB corps where a sleeper cold emerge and carry the team down the home stretch. Not much at TE (most of the good ones were hurt last year). I like the sleeper picks being guys who have previously done something in the league, not a bunch of rookies who mostly won't contribute.

Overall an above average team with legs to go deep if TE doesn't become a problem. I'd like your team more if you'd taken Shockey late at TE of passed on Jacobs for Carlson.

FUBAR:

-snip-

Back to back TE in 5-6. These guys should do pretty good for you and I know Tony G is hard to pass up, but I might have gone with Gronk instead for upside only.
Do over with hindsight, I probably would have taken McGahee instead of Barth although Barth is a kicker I'm actually looking to take in any league I can. After that, Hanson instead of Mason, and then a WR flier instead of Grossman. Or just Gerhart / Taylor instead of Grossman. Problem is I think Grossman starts at least half the year and in round 20, it's hard to pass on a starting QB especially as I don't particularly like Campbell. As for Gronk instead of Gonzo, I completely disagree. Gronk might have a better game or two but I think Gonzo ends the year a fair bit higher than Gronk, even if Gronk reaches his ability this year. And with a younger TE on board who has a QB risk, I'll take Gonzo every time.

Pierre Garcon IND WR 24

James Jones GB WR 43

Jacoby Ford OAK WR 47

Louis Murphy OAK WR 71

Plaxico Burress NY Corrections WR 79

Nate Washington TEN WR 82

Jason Avant PHI WR 88

Devery Henderson NO WR 92

Pretty well documented already that people think this is a weak spot. Me not so much. In this format it's not about not having a couple top 10 guys at years end, it's about getting 3 solid scores each week. I could see this group ham-n-eggin it big time. Big part of that is sheer numbers, 8 guys. Other part is big play potential/ 2 TD type games. With only 1 WR taken within the first 7 rounds this could be worse. If Moore goes elsewhere Henderson is a great pick. You've been pimpin Ford, and I agree he might be ready to step his game up.
I see what you're saying about the number of bodies here and I don't disagree, but I see Murphy, Washington, and Avant as just bodies and not particularly productive. Plax is a nice risk/reward but could be completely wasted, Hendo could be nice value. If things break right this will look great in the end and he did well for the strategy. I just don't like that the group looks like a million monkeys trying to write War and Peace. Looks good elsewhere though, so as long as he gets 3 decent scores each week, he could win this thing.
I think that's the perfect description of this group.Garcon - I don't think he finishes at WR24 where I drafted him based on total points, but I think he posts 8 or so weeks scoreable as a WR1. Double digit weeks in weeks 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17.

Jones - Not in love with this pick either. He'll have plenty of non-scoring weeks for me but I'm banking on 4 weeks of WR1 type productiona and 4 weeks of WR2 type of production. Double digit weeks in weeks 2,3,5, 7, 9, 11, 15, 16.

Ford - Honestly don't remember why I drafted this guy as my WR3.

Murphy - With Ford on board I wanted to take another shot at the WR1/WR2 in Oakland. Basically spent two picks to get a WR3 in this format. Looking at the Ford/Murphy combo from last year. wk2 - 21 pts, wk3 - 17 pts, wk 9 - 21 pts, wk 12 - 21 pts, wk 14 - 18 pts. I can live with that for WR3 production.

Burress - A wild swing to attempt to turn this group of WRs into something decent.

Washington - Too much talent not to see time on the field. Double digit weeks in weeks 1, 2, 8, 10, 11, 15.

Avant/Henderson - Here's what these two guys did last year. wk 1 - 12 pt, wk 2 - 6 pts, wk 3 - 4 pts, wk 4 - 12 pts, wk 5 - 10 pts, wk 6 - 11 pts, wk 7 - 12 pts, wk 8 - 6 pt, wk 9 - 6 pts, wk 10 - 19 pts, wk 11 - 6 pts, wk 12 - 16 pts, wk 13 - 1 pt, wk 14 - 5 pt, wk 15 - 8 pt, wk 16 - 7 pts, wk 17 - 3 pts, FWIW - both posted roughly 20 pts in wk 18.

That's seven weeks of double digit production and only 3 weeks with 5 pts or less. Pretty solid production for a the 7th and 8th WR on my roster.

Adding it all up for last year I would have had scoring along these lines (wk# - # of double digit scores)

wk 1 - 2

wk 2 - 3

wk 3 - 2

wk 4 - 1

wk 5 - 3

wk 6 - 2

wk 7 - 2

wk 8 - 2

wk 9 - 2

wk 10 - 2

wk 11 - 3

wk 12 - 3

wk 13 - 1

wk 14 - 2

wk 15 - 2

wk 16 - 2

wk 17 - 1

All of a sudden those monkeys are putting something together that might be legible.

FUBAR:

Tony Romo DAL QB 7

Jason Campbell OAK QB 26

Rex Grossman WAS QB 38

I think Campbell holds off challengers next year so I kind of like the pair. Grossman seems like a wasted pick and if actually helps you at all this year I may quit playing fantasy football. Flier somewhere else there maybe.

LeSean McCoy PHI RB 7

James Starks GB RB 33

Tashard Choice DAL RB 43

Montario Hardesty CLE RB 48

We'll see what happens in GB, but McCoy is solid. You would think Choice earned more playing time and maybe he'll get it if Barber is gone. Saw hadesty a bunch in the WSL's and I guess I am just more of a believer in Hillis than some, but I see Hillis keeping Hardesty held in check with spot duty. Another body here might have been a good play, rolling with 4 is somewhat risky.

Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 7

Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 21

Mike Thomas JAC WR 37

Donnie Avery STL WR 68

Johnny Baldwin Rookie WR 77

Derrick Mason BAL WR 86

Eric Decker DEN WR 95

Pretty solid 7 here and should be able to get 3 scores. Love the Decker pick. Fitz may be undervalued this year. If AZ got an Orton, I think he would be huge.

Brandon Pettigrew DET TE 10

Tony Gonzalez ATL TE 12

San Francisco D/ST 14

Miami Dolphins D/ST 25

David Buehler DAL PK 19

Connor Barth TB PK 27
RBs are weak and I should have taken Gronk :bag: but otherwise I dig :cool:

Really not sure how I have scored the most points in this league, I have one or two players at each position that are doing well but no real depth to speak of.

Stayin' alive...

Users who are viewing this thread