What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rebecca Black's Friday. A voice of the new generation (1 Viewer)

Jesus Christ those are the worst rap lyrics since lfo. Anybody else think it's weird this chick is 13 and getting picked up by friends driving and heading to house parties all hoochied up?

I'm really befuddled. One of Comcasts's music stations is a kids music station that I out on for my daughter to listen to. I have it on the background a lot of the day.

The last two days they've played this song multiple times. :mellow:

Maybe I should have listed that it's like Christopher Walken doing a cover of Friday, before.

Rebecca Black is having the last laugh. The YouTube darling who has been mocked mercilessly for her catchy Friday song -- now approaching 38 million views -- is netting $24,900 a week from sales of the tune.
linkI'm going to go play chicken with a Bi-State bus now. :bye:

Serious question, how does something like this get produced? Is this like a school project that found it's way to youtube?

Rebecca Black is having the last laugh. The YouTube darling who has been mocked mercilessly for her catchy Friday song -- now approaching 38 million views -- is netting $24,900 a week from sales of the tune.
linkI'm going to go play chicken with a Bi-State bus now. :bye:
That wording is fairly misleading. That pace isn't going to continue for more than two or three weeks.A very nice chunk of change for a 13 year old, but it's not like she's the country's next millionaire. Hopefully her parents will set it aside for college tuition.

'shuke said:
Serious question, how does something like this get produced? Is this like a school project that found it's way to youtube?
My guess is rich parents who are supporting their daughter's desire to be a singing star. Aside from the lack of retouching (zits EVERYWHERE) most of the video elements are fairly cheap looking. I also havent seen any other songs of hers posted online, so this was the "money shot" for her and, frankly, it is working. Even though most of the fandom is "laughing at her", she has people's attention even if only as a novelty. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if she's in the studio now on the dime of a big-name producer cutting her follow up.Frankly, the song is not nearly as awful as people are making it out to be with regard to her target demo of pre-teens. Early Miley Cyrus music was every bit as awful.

Users who are viewing this thread