What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (10 Viewers)

Is this speculation?  This seems outrageous.  Yeah it was nice, but unless I'm missing something; seems off.
I have a friend in the production industry who is also a wresting fan who saw the video. He said that video easyily could've cost that much but Dean could very well have known someone who did it for less and he's very conservative about his money 

Wrestling rumors are worth almost nothing, but I read that it's expected that Kofi will drop the WWE Championship to Goldberg at the June 7th Saudi Arabia show, and that will then lead to another Goldberg and Lesnar match at Summerslam.

I'm not sure if the rumor has any merit, but we do know that Vince loves bug guys and he loves big names at the top of his promotion.
I call BS there. Lesnar will be at this show and then he's gonna go away for a bit again. Do limited dates returned on Smackdown as FOX wants him there in OCT. He says he wants to retied at Mania 36

Tom Servo said:
Too many people are worried that they're getting worked.

AFAIK, it's real and he's done.
Yeah, it looks like you're correct...

Backstage Notes On Dean Ambrose Returning To Wrestling After WWE Departure

Dean Ambrose is set to return to the indies as Jon Moxley sometime in June, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Ambrose released his first post-WWE promo as Moxley earlier this week, just minutes after his WWE contract officially expired, making him a free agent. Ambrose reportedly has bookings lined up with a number of different promotions, and those will be announced soon.

There’s no word yet on how much Ambrose will be making on the indies, but it should be very lucrative for him as the Observer noted that he will be able to command several thousand dollars per match, do meet & greets for more, if he wants, and have almost complete control over everything while working as much or as little as he wants.

Ambrose is now free to work for whoever he wants as there is not a non-compete clause with WWE. It’s believed that Ambrose wants a deal where he’s completely in control of his character and what he’s able to do. There’s obvious speculation on a possible deal with All Elite Wrestling or New Japan Pro Wrestling, but there’s no word yet on if he’s talking with either promotion. The Observer speculated that WWE gave Ambrose a strong send-off because they believe he will be back at some point, which they might not do if they thought he was going to AEW or NJPW. WWE kept offering more money to Ambrose to try and get him to re-sign, but he kept turning their offers down, to the point that they realized he was determined to leave and there was nothing they could do to stop him.

Linky Dinky

For real?  Yeah that seems ####ed up.
Yep because wrestlers are making tweets about the Moxley video and even commenting on other wrestlers on other rosters. Problem with what WWE wants is there's no rule in WWE saying they can't. It's more so just frowned upon. forget who it was but if you remember there was someone part of a tag team I believe on Smackdown who was fired the tag team was for watching Impact backstage. Only reason I see this as sticking is WWE can say they told the talent to get the twitters and are owned by WWE as they are tweeting under a WWE character but some of the talent it's their own personal account. If I was the talent I'd lawyer up and fight it. WWE environment right is a great reason why Wrestling needs a Union 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Saudis are huge nostalgia marks from what I've read. 

Goldberg had said that he didn't call the E; they called him. And, he supposedly wasn't looking for a one-off match but at least some kind of program. Perhaps they accommodated him?
Yeah Saudis only know people like Rock/AUstin etc. The Prince personally has asked for certain talent the first 2 shows as well. Also Heard WWE is doing no advertising for this in the states. Just gonna have the PPV. Probably for the best to do it that way given how upset a lot of the fans are for WWE continuing to do this after the recent political events and hearing a lot of stuff the Prince promised of making the country come forward was a bunch of bull####. 

I thought we all had our own sources here 
Not all sources are sources at the level of my sources as they are not the sourciest sources out there.  Some sources outsource their sources so you have to double check your sources against blind sources to ensure your sources are above board sources and not foul sources.  If you lose your source, there are other sources to help source a new source lest your non-source turns into a new source thanks to the outsourcing company which validates sources by using their sources to scour said sources into legit sources and non-sources.

Any way to view the Montreal episode of The Dark Side of the Ring for someone who doesn't get Viceland?  I've been able to see the others.  TIA

"Ambrose already has wrestling bookings lined up."

"Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return."
Again where's the reports saying he's cleared to return because I haven't seen a thing besides Meltzer speculating and say HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE INJURY WAS.  It was more on the lines if it's a concussion he's done because WWE was not gonna clear him if he got concussed again. My people have said from talking to theirs that Daniel Bryan is not scheduled for the foreseeable future and yet to be cleared. WWE people close to the situation are being very hush hush about it 

On Ambrose the initial thought was WWE burned him out so he wasn't taking anything yet. Things change fast in this business so maybe he or his camp have been telling people this to keep them off guard. 

WWE is considering releasing talent once they talk to bookers and see how AEW produces its show. WWE doesn't want to release talent to the point AEW can quickly pick it up 

"Breaking: WWE is evaluating releasing talent, some of who have requested the releases as of late but they are waiting and working with their event managers to see how AEW will be doing their shows and also who is doing their TV After that is announced, they will make a final decision. Talents being considered are; Sasha Banks, ascension, revival, Mike and Maria Kanellis, The Club."

Randy Orton has also not extended his deal as he feels bored, disinterested and tired. Sounds more like Orton would like to leave the company despite he can ask for anything he wants and get it at this point and rightfully so on his part. 

"Randy Orton has not signed an extension to his contract and he has told Triple H that although he can ask for anything he wants and they will give it to him, he wants a change as he feels bored, disinterested and tired."

I thought we all had our own sources here 
I don't know if others do or not but the only thing I saw anyone on Bryan was Meltzer speculating he was cleared and didn't know what the injury was. Given what we know about Meltzer in the past few yrs he's gone from being the best source for Dirt to "take with a huge grain of salt". The Triple H comments about feeding Meltzer BS over the last few yrs is true. They might throw him a cookie every now and then but he's not getting something as big as Daniel Bryan being cleared. WWE outted Dave's people awhile ago. The main source he had in WWE from what I've heard doesn't even work for the company anymore so Meltzer is just like any of these other Dirt sheets of speculation and getting stuff from sources that no one knows is true or not. 

So according to Meltzer (take it with a grain of salt) Brock Lesnar retired from UFC because he and UFC couldn't agree on terms and a contract that was Up to BROCK's VALUE TO GO THROUGH A HUGE TRAINING REGIMENT AT AGE 42. 

MyTake: That makes total sense for Brock. My other guess is Brock is using as well and WWE doesn't test Part timers. Brock also wanted a huge payday but UFC couldn't agree. 

Also more of WWE asking for the Social media passwords. WWE if they own the character can ask for the passwords to those wrestlers but not those if they are owned before WWE for example (Balor's, Styles, Hardy, Samoa Joe etc). WWE is ONLY ASKING THE TALENT OF WHO"S TWITTERS AND CHARACTERS THEY (WWE) owns NOT THOSE WHO OWN THEIR OWN ACCOUNTS. 

Watched Fighting with my family. Pretty well done. Quite funny and interesting story.
Attended a couple of indy shows yesterday and another member of the Knight clan featured on both cards, namely Ricky Knight, Jr. (Paige's nephew, son of Roy Knight, grandson of Ricky and Saraya Knight).

Knight bested Kip Sabian in one encounter, as Kip does his farewells around the British scene before heading over to the US and joining with the cool kids in All-Elite.

It'll be interesting to see how Sabian is received by a new audience and indeed how he'll be booked by his new employer. Kip's certainly been very successful in multiple mid-tier UK promotions such as IPW:UK, NGW and Southside Wrestling (my home promotion) and he's appeared for most of the big companies over here like PROGRESS and RevPro. Young, charismatic and good-looking. Kip's obnoxious "Superbad" gimmick has been honed to a high level. But will he have the free reign to be creative and demonstrate the same level of confidence that he has in his own country in a much bigger pond?

:popcorn:

Attended a couple of indy shows yesterday and another member of the Knight clan featured on both cards, namely Ricky Knight, Jr. (Paige's nephew, son of Roy Knight, grandson of Ricky and Saraya Knight).

Knight bested Kip Sabian in one encounter, as Kip does his farewells around the British scene before heading over to the US and joining with the cool kids in All-Elite.

It'll be interesting to see how Sabian is received by a new audience and indeed how he'll be booked by his new employer. Kip's certainly been very successful in multiple mid-tier UK promotions such as IPW:UK, NGW and Southside Wrestling (my home promotion) and he's appeared for most of the big companies over here like PROGRESS and RevPro. Young, charismatic and good-looking. Kip's obnoxious "Superbad" gimmick has been honed to a high level. But will he have the free reign to be creative and demonstrate the same level of confidence that he has in his own country in a much bigger pond?

:popcorn:
Put him in a program with MJF to see who can be the bigger jagoff.  🍿

I'd be surprised if MJF didn't get a much stronger push than Kip Sabian but despite some overlap in their gimmicks, they have different shticks. I suppose MJF comes across as a bit more "entitled".

A lot of news to get through today from Dean Ambrose to Daniel Bryan and more of the social media stuff. 

It took the mainstream wrestle media 3 weeks to confirm the report I received of Daniel Bryan's concussion. He HAS YET TO BE CLEARED and HE HAS NO FUTURE DATES SCHEDULE FOR HIM AS OF NOW. It takes them 3 weeks that it took me a few DM's, text and phone calls to people to get. Not sure how this didn't leak given it's DB and his history of concussions. and this one is for me. I don’t brag about putting news out, I just put them out and I leave time to proof me right or wrong. Because I’ve done this for quite amount of time I know when something has substance behind it or not. And I can smell when there's BS or something is not right with a certain wrestlers. Doing this for awhile you pick up on signs by certain people, comments made etc. I don't put this stuff online or tell people to brag about knowing this or that. I put it out there for not just discussion purposes but to give some insight on what is going on behind the scenes. Some people not like that so they can simple ignore it where others find this useful and can form an opinion of their own off of it. 

I can also confirm AEW IS BEHIND THE Jon Moxley VIDEO. I came back from a party last night and saw this but didn't get a chance to read it before work. After a brief back ad fourth while on break and coming home this is what was said on Dean. Also WWE feels incredible used as they feel Dean lied about what he was doing. By the time WWE realized what had happened it was too late and to try and keep Moxley would've caused a huge PR backlash and this goes with the Twitter stuff. 

"I have confirmed that The Joh Moxley trailer is AEW. For proof I was told to look at Jericho’s and Kenny Omega’s video from the other day at Georgia. Done the same way... also, it is said that Vince feels betrayed by Joh Moxley and lied to. When WWE figured out what was going on it was too late so they couldn’t do anything and basically gave AEW free promotion. The twitter password request is not to monitor as much what they post but it is mainly to close the accounts when they release talent. That way, they won’t be promoted on a wwe platform after their time has gone"

Also not sure if I reported this but WWE was thinking of bringing the Bg Money Matt Character from Matt Hardy's TNA days back. This was the gimmick he used before Being Broken. He came off as a snobby entitled rich person complaining about how tough it is to be rich. It was a fun character I've received word from some People WWE wants to really do this with Jeff Hardy out for awhile and they want to Matt still in singles

"Big Money Matt character from the first TNA run will debut at money in the bank. Apparently Matt is getting into the match one way or another as the Big Money gimmick"

@DJackson10 forgive me for asking but I'm new to contributing in this thread. Are you at liberty to share with us who your sources are or some links to where your information can be found?
I'm not at liberty for names but do follow the wrestling dirt sheets. I'm also friends with some former ECW alumni (I live in Philadelphia where it was born and 3 of the talents live in my area) including Sandman who's neighbors with a buddy of mine and goes to a local Barnaby's a restaurant chain in my area to throw a few back. I'm also friends with Penelope Ford Joey Janella's former girlfriend and still his wrestling manager who accompanies him to the ring. I met her when both where in CZW which is based in Philly. I've met Adam Cole and one of the few non family and friends he's allowed to friend him on Facebook but since being in WWE we don't get to talk as much about stuff. I met Cole when he was in ROH which was also based in Philly. I knew some of the event and building managers thanks to a friend of mine's Mother who use to work The famed Tower Theaer in Philly. Getting to meet the talent at ROH shows and all I've been able to talk to some former WWE talent as well on the Indies and else where. 

Another source is a co worker of Mine. When in college he use to film for his enjoyment and would do WWF shows at the old Philly Convention Center. Vincent Kennedy McMahon himself saw him one evening there and started talking to him and asked him about his work and if he could see some of it. He gave him a business card and said they'd be in touch. At the next show they came Vince pulled him into the backstage area and offered him full time in production doing TV work with opportunity to advance. Vince had this big idea if WWF could get huge of having a weekly show which eventually became Monday Night RAW or RAW is WAR. My co worker respectfully declined as he had a very young family and doesn't travel well. around the time WWE started doing the first RAW Shows Vince calls him up (not sure how he got his number) and asked if he's still interested and before deciding says to him he could do it part time come to NY to the Hammerstein Ballroom as it was known then and film the shows and do the Philly tapings and AC as well. I think he was gonna be offered room and board for the weekend and travel expenses and could get up to 1K or more doing episodes. He took the part time offer and ever since then he does WWE camera work for WWE RAW SDLIVE and sometimes the PPV depending on what is needed filling in for vacations sick leave etc. He gets up to $800 per taping which is 200-300 more he makes with me per week. He's the guy who was filming Romans entrance in Philly at the beginning and camera shakes well that was my co worker almost tripping on Wires. He asked me about Naomi and Jimmy one week this past November not being together. I got someone else involved and found out through a WWE legal attorney that Jimmy and Naomi were having issues (Jimmy apparently cheats on her no word on if it was girls backstage, fans etc) and that they would be using their marriage issues in a storyline which was the Mandy Rose stuff. He gets stuff on twitter through PM's from the other producers he's friends with. I do my best to go to my sources and confirm or deny these rumors as I don't know if a wrestler has an issue with a backstage person my co worker is friends with and people are giving BS or not. 

Another source I use is a Wrestling podcast called The Joe Cronin show who's based on Boston. He's a few yrs older than me. Youtube podcast does reviews for all RAWS/SDLIVE/PPVs and talks other promotions from time to time. I don't know how old you are and he's not for everyone but he's got a Howard Stern twist and does some skits voice out frustration. There's a lot of cursing so depending what type of person you are may not enjoy him. but I love the guy because I was so frustrated with WWE one day and I was looking for a wrestling He's had 5-8 yrs experience wrestling, does commentary for Top Rope Promotions up in NE area and went to wrestling school that I believe Wardbeard Hanson of the Road Warriors taught and was in class with Mercedes AKA Sasha Banks who's from there. He also was Kofi Kingston's tag partner in a match 6months before his WWE debut. Before recently moving ROH Champ Matt Taven was a neighbor of his who lived 3 doors down. He's also best friend with Mike Bennet. He knows a lot of wrestlers and he personally knows The Hardy's and even has Matt's cell number. Its why I was so disappointed when a lot of the stuff with the Broken gimmick didn't happen because Matt had texted him about some cool stuff and mentioned a few things without giving dead giveaways and giving up everything. There was suppose to be another deletion match in WWE as well as other things. Reby was apparently suppose to be involved along with possible Maxwell. Jeff was suppose to go More Broken and Senior Benjamin was going to get brought in again but Vince made the gimmick a Joke as it wasn't one of his ideas. Anyway Joe quit wrestling because of concussions. He's friends with Road Dogg who said if Joe calmed his character down he'd have no issue bringing him into WWE but that decision isn't his alone. So this guy is fairly talented where when making suggestions on what to do storylines or promotions for certain characters just comes off the top of his head right then and there. he's also very good Friends with Mike Bennet and Maria. he met Mike doing a show on the Indies years ago and His co host Jake is amazing. He's a big guy with health issues but he's smart. He keeps Joe in check as he takes notes of all the episodes and sometimes Joe has to take care of his kids with his wife so might miss certain parts. They co produce a Wrestling News/Rumor show Called Outta NoWhere on Wednesday nights around 11/11:15 at night on Youtube with a guy named Connor Okayfabe. All of them have different sources and theres stuff they will tell the audience they've heard this from a source. If you look back for example a few months ago before Mania I posted a report saying Batista would wrestle Triple H in a Match and it could be NO DQ as well as a possible Career on the line match for one of them. I got that from the co host who talked to his source on that. I knew about the Women's main event 3 way months before it was announced do it them as well. 

I'm also friends or became friends with Jack SLade the producer of Fozzy Jericho's Band and Jericho's podcast who is his cohost. We got in a small miscommunication about Jericho's AEW debut and he quoted me on twitter on something I said. We not only smooth things over within 8 hrs but he even told me if Fozzy comes back to my area let him know and he'd get me a personal pass to meet Chris backstage as well as comp me and a friend tickets to the show that night. He said it's the least he can do for a Jerichoholic and for the misunderstanding. I wouldn't call Slade a source though but he does give me personal hints on stuff from time to time about Jericho and what he's doing. Like make sure you watch X show or whatever. He also said he'll  do his best to get Jericho to unblock me from twitter (I never personally attacked the guy and he may have accidentally blocked me thinking I was someone else) but I'm sure Slade has bigger more important things to worry about. 

And finally I met a guy on twitter who I got into a little argument with yrs ago. It turned out he had sources and was right and personally DM'd me apologizing for coming off rude and arrogant on me. We have since become friends and he PM's me stuff he finds out from his WWE sources. 

Sorry for the long winded post but this is where I find a lot of my info. I don't use places like WrestleVotes. In fact they blocked me as well as a few others. WrestleVotes source from what I was told was found out by Vince and Co and they didn't fire the person but they give them BS news or feed them actual news small stuff they don't care leaks or want to intentionally. I use Wrestleinc and other dirtsheets as well. I like Meltzer for Opinion stuff but Meltzer did lose his main WWE sources so what he says on WWE is mostly speculation on his part these days. I use all my sources together to piece together info though. Like if my co worker says something I go to my twitter guy and see if his Guys can get it. I ask Joe and Jake about it and see if their sources know stuff and share stuff I've received from mine with them (It helps their show and I even get something out of it like a little help on confirmation of my own stuff). I mean take stuff with a grain of salt as well. By NO MEANS AM I SAYING THIS IS FACT WHAT I POST AND YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG but something like the Daniel Bryan being cleared already is complete BS considering Meltzer who reported it didn't even know what the injury was until today. WrestleVotes is useless and I think as time goes on more dirt sheets will see this and stop using them. 

I like posting this stuff for discussion purposes as it's rare to go in public unless at a show and talk wrestling with people. I use to work at a GameStop as well as my current job but left GameStop and the guys who I talked wrestling with no longer there. I was when I picked up the new Red Dead game a few months ago run into some former other employees and 2 customers where we talked wrestling from WWE to NJPW. It was so nice to talk to wrestling fans who just weren't WWE apologists. I think we wasted almost 1 1/2hrs talking wrestling from when we were in line to wait for the game and then after getting the game and talking before leaving to go home. So if the rumors or stuff I'm posting here can generate wrestling discussions of stuff and people giving opinions I did what my goal was here. I don't claim it factual. I just put out what I was told and I'll be proven right or wrong. If I'm wrong oh well. Either I received completely wrong info OR I received the right info and since discussing that WWE or whoever other company etc changed their plans for it. In wrestling business plans are always changing and in WWE it changes by the hour it seems. So something I might receive last night might not be true by the time I post it here anymore given the changes. 

I hope that helps explain some stuff If I'm allowed I can personally PM you my twitter source if he's ok with it the next time we talk. Sometimes he posts some rumors on his own twitter feed. He's also one of the sources to Joe Cronin's show. 

Thanks @DJackson10  :thumbup:

I appreciate you providing a very detailed reply to my query.  Keep up the good work!  :)
No issue. I like providing stuff when needed. Obviously theres some in here who don't like/appreciate it but I know others will read it or be interested in it. Someone in here commented about WWE and the passwords so I figured I'd provide some details on that as well as info on the Moxley video and WWE reaction to him and all. 

My favorite news was Sting coming back to the Royal Rumble to start a program with Undertaker for Mania...and the thing about Reigns faking his cancer. 
Never said Roman faked his cancer but nice try. I simple said WWE and him embellished how bad it was even Cole commenting on RAW that "Roman is in the fight for his Life" etc type comments we heard on WWE programing and saw on their website. We came to realize after he came back Roman's cancer the type he has is very very curable and he was no where close to the "fight for his life. Many DR who I know and a few who watch wrestling were not all too pleased with how WWE went about Roman's Cancer and everything using it to gain more traction for the company. Many of them are also not a fan of the Susan G stuff as there's been some backhanded stuff her program has done apparently. I haven't heard specifics but lets just say the Susan G stuff is not what WWE makes it to be. From stuff I got WWE chose to use those terms knowing he'd be back in no time to create this "amazing story" how he overcame life and death hoping to stop most of the boos. Roman was no where close to dying. Roman does have to take a Chemo pill and some in WWE feel that Vince and Roman should've been more forth coming about the diagnosis to combat any WWE faked Roman's cancer etc. Vince was hoping it'd soften the boos and less would boo him when he came back. Well it worked for a few weeks but now everyone is sick of the Roman agenda again. People are happy he's healthy and didn't die. What peopler mad about is how WWE and Roman possible embellished how bad the cancer was. If I was WWE I would've with Roman and his Families concert given constant updates when we could instead of being so secretive. I also if Roman didn't want it to personally come out not be doing video and TV promotions with my Cousin who happens to be one of the biggest action Movie stars in the world and everyone knows about and posting on social media about it. I wouldn't even give a time line for return. I would just go about it Roman is here with his treatment progress it is going well. We will not put a time line on a return AS WE DO NOT KNOW NOR WANT TO SPECULATE WITH SUCH ISSUE ON A RETURN. We will give you more updates when we have them. For now We WWE a, Joe and his Family appreciate the well wishes, prayers, cards, messages, etc he's received through this difficult time. But we all know you are just like the rest of the WWE marks who think WWE can do nothing wrong and Roman is some sort of god. Truth be damed. Waah you made fun of Roman you're a bad person. Truth hurts kid.  

I report what I hear. You act like everything I said is suppose to be the crystal truth. I bet you didn't realize that I then reported the program was off do to Vince being upset with Taker taking outside bookings and the Starcade one that had AEW wrestlers. He took Taker off Mania to keep him away from his Pay day. Like I said before things change in WWE constantly with storylines and all. It's not all as set as it use to be. Vince was not happy with any of his talent taking Starcade bookings and even pulled Kurt Angle from the event as well. When Conrad said hey that's fine can we compromise. Give me any person you want heck I'll take Steph, Hunter, Yourself etc and all the proceeds to this event I'll double myself and donate to Connor's Cure. Vince Basically told him to shove it. Conrad then spoke to friends of his in WWE who talked to Vince who said Vince has no bad blood with Connor he just doesn't want anyone with WWE association associated with an Event where members of the AEW roster and staff will be on hand. It was in the plans but people told Vince Hey Taker hasn't even signed a contract so technically he doesn't work for us right now lets drop it. Then when Vince found out about him at Starcade he decided to keep Taker off the Mania bill so he didn't have to pay him. But the Saudi terrorist supporting Prince wants him and he's in Vince's pocket now so Vince has to at least pay him big money for that. But yes there was suppose to be a stare down between the two but it never took place. Possible setting something up for either Saudi or maybe SummerSlam but for what PPV that is more speculative. 

But WWE from all the backstage issues etc is really nervous about AEW. They aren't releasing talent like they would because they are afraid they will go to AEW. Like I just reported tonight Moxley they feel lied to them about what he was doing. When they realized what was going on it was too late but the other talent it's not. I won't be surprised if they start releasing Talent in late Sept or Early October or in AUg with 90 day or longer no compete clauses so AEW can't scoop em up. Vince is apparently pissing his pants over AEW right now he's scared. He knows the product he's putting out there is #### and if AEW is any good he's gonna lose more fans. Vince hates comepetion and it's why he fought against WCW. He also knew WCW couldn't stay a float and all he needed to do was outlast them in the wars, make sure their ratings would go down and they would drain their resources and $$$$ to they declare bankruptcy and Vince could buy them out. He did it with WCW and ECW. And by god if he needs to do it again he will. Its why WWE/F has bought up all the territories. Vince doesn't like comp but Comp is what makes wrestling good. many fans for yrs were hoping TNA or ROH would do it but AEW with the backing they having a Codi's booking mind and the help behind the scenes if they play it and book it right we could have another Monday Night war possible and thats good for everyone despite what the WWE marks think

DJackson10 said:
"I have confirmed that The Joh Moxley trailer is AEW. For proof I was told to look at Jericho’s and Kenny Omega’s video from the other day at Georgia. Done the same way... also, it is said that Vince feels betrayed by Joh Moxley and lied to. When WWE figured out what was going on it was too late so they couldn’t do anything and basically gave AEW free promotion. The twitter password request is not to monitor as much what they post but it is mainly to close the accounts when they release talent. That way, they won’t be promoted on a wwe platform after their time has gone"
Oh, boo-hoo Vince. For once one of the boys got over on you.

7 Jon Moxley dream matches

1. Minoru Suzuki

Jon Moxley was photographed at Josh Barnett's Bloodsport on WrestleMania weekend this past April watching from the balcony. He watched Minoru Suzuki & Josh Barnett wrestle in a semi-shoot style with no ropes to a time limit draw and a standing ovation from the sold-out crowd in attendance. This had to make him want a match with Suzuki. Minoru Suzuki is one of the most terrifying wrestlers of all time and it should be Jon Moxley's goal to retire him. These two should fight all over the world in any kind of match they can get. This is the dream match we want to see and fans will travel to see it. The emotion and brutality these two men could get from one another, in spite of a language barrier, could capture the minds of wrestling fans around the world. 
Take my money...all of it.

35 years ago today - Kerry Von Erich pins Ric Flair to win the NWA world title at Texas Stadium. 

@Bogart
This match was when I fell in love with pro wrestling.

I had been watching WCCW for a while and all I knew was that I hated the Freebirds and worshipped the Von Erichs (along with Chris Adams), while this event, which they showed over 2 or 3 Sunday morning telecasts,  made wrestling the most important thing in the world. Giant emotional crowd with the greatness of Ric Flair on full display. Kerry Von Erich was only 24 years old at the time of this match, and Flair, 11 years older, completely controlled the match and "wrestled a five star match with a broom".

I have seen that Flair/Von Erich match no less than 20 times. The backslide finish out of nowhere was classic Flair. As a kid I knew the match was great, I just didn't know it was because of Flair. The match I want to go back and rewatch now is the 6-man match between the Freebirds and Kevin, Mike and Fritz Von Erich. This was the Freebirds at their very best going against a prime level Kevin, but with a washed up Fritz and a never-should-be Mike. I'm guessing Kevin was in the ring 90 percent of the time doing his best Ricky Morton/Bobby Fulton.

I've only seen a handful of Gino's matches with World Class. In his prime he was one of the top heels in the territory. Reminds me a bit of Ricky Martel. He certainly had the look and the charisma to have gone on to enjoy some sort of success with the WWF or WCW in the 90's. But, as I'm sure the documentary will show, the man had his fair share of demons and his cocaine OD may or may not have been a cover for something more sinister.

I hope that the episode talks a little about one of Gino's more notable tag partners, namely "Gentleman" Chris Adams. They could easily put together a full length feature on Adams himself if we're talking about the "Dark Side of the Ring". Adams was one of the first performers I saw on British television back in the early 80's when I first fell in the love with the sport. Due to his legitimate background in judo, Adams took on the moniker of "Black Belt". Martial arts gimmicks were quite popular in the 70's on the British scene thanks to a certain David Carradine television show (see "Iron Fist" Clive Myers and "Kung Fu" Eddie Hamill as excellent examples). Adams would wrestle as babyface in full judoka regalia and employ his famous "Judo Kick" as a feared move that eventually evolved into the "superkick" that we see so frequently in contemporary rings today.
Really enjoyed reading this. Chris Adams was my absolute favorite in WCCW, even more than the Von Erichs. The first guy I knew with a real "finisher". When he turned heel, it confused the hell out of a young Bogart, and matching up with the clearly evil Gino Hernandez didn't make sense. The fact that my own Mom rooted for Gino and Chris (let's face it, they were just better looking than the brothers from Denton County) just muddied the waters more.

The Rick Martel/Gino comparisons are spot on. Gino copied a lot from Flair (the lavish lifestyle, the heelish begging off when getting beat, a lot of time outside the ring) and the team of Adams and Hernandez, the Dynamic Duo, took over the lead heel roles the Freebirds held and were actually more successful financially for the promotion. 

Oh, boo-hoo Vince. For once one of the boys got over on you.
Yep and Vince becomes very petty with these things too. Also Vince doesn't care about #### around him unless it effects his ratings or share holders. The whole Saudi Incident with the reporter he saw more of it as "inconveniencing him and WWE from their job" then anything else. As well as "This guy is giving me a lot of $$$ to run shows in his country and thats all I care about."  I heard only way Vince was pulling out of the Saudi deal was if top share holders threatened to leave if he continued with it but they won't because that's money in their pockets too nw 

Sounds like the Brand Split will official end tonight from speculation I got from people today. Bryan being cleared to wrestle or not is still fairly hush hush but it seems he's cleared to at least be in the ring doing promos. Bumps and all it nothing is clear yet 

Users who are viewing this thread