What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Yep and Vince becomes very petty with these things too. Also Vince doesn't care about #### around him unless it effects his ratings or share holders. The whole Saudi Incident with the reporter he saw more of it as "inconveniencing him and WWE from their job" then anything else. As well as "This guy is giving me a lot of $$$ to run shows in his country and thats all I care about."  I heard only way Vince was pulling out of the Saudi deal was if top share holders threatened to leave if he continued with it but they won't because that's money in their pockets too nw 
If Vince is as petty as you say, why is Rene still on the announce team?

If Vince is as petty as you say, why is Rene still on the announce team?
Remember what I posted the other day about Wrestlers publicly asking for a release after asking WWE first and WWE having to follow it or they get PR backlash for not doing it and it protects the wrestlers from being punished? Well if Rene was kicked off Commentary and other things fans would accuse Vince and WWE punishing Rene for what her husband did. it is bad PR for Vince who right now does not need bad PR with a possible legit Competition in AEW coming. He could lose more fans to AEW etc. That's why she's still on commentary. They want to stay away from any backlash. 

Now if Renee leaves in the next few months or so and they bring Beth to the team WWE will try to completely erase the History Reneee made similar to them having Nikki Bella beat AJ Lee's Diva's champion streak and Brock Lesnar beat I believe it was him CM Punk's longest Reign or act like it even though it was The RAW title WWE will do petty things to the two of them once she leaves 

So I guess Bryan is now cleared. Before Bryan was concussed he was suppose to have his rematch at MITB but when he got Concussed KO got the spot. 

The whole Bryan thing was fairly hush hush. WWE didn't want it leaking early after Mania DB was concussed. They held him out long from what I understand now for very precautionary reasons. There was speculation by some in the back that from how they interrupt some of the stuff about DB coming back was the fact if he got another concussion during the next year or two that wouldn't go well for WWE recreating him to compete again. So there was speculation WWE wouldn't clear him and would make him "retire" again at least from WWE while keeping him under the contract. Apparently very few people knew DB's return date. Theres also some speculation he may have been brought back a little earlier then they wanted because of the terrible RAW ratings that have been going on. Only Vince Hunter and very few others knew DB's day to day health status during this time. It was kept in a close nit group 

WTH was that? I could barely get through that skit, terrible.
I was laughing because of how dumb and childish it was and simple because I knew this was directly from Vince given he likes that humor. He was probably rubbing one in gorilla watching that 

The revival thing is puzzling.  If Vince is doing this because they upset him then why don't they just walk like Banks did?  Beyond dumb.  

Surprised they gave Kofi a clean win over Bryan.  Was expecting KO to interfere for a DQ.  

Fortunately they have the other guy at the announcer's table to offset the awful Rene.  Her comment about "there's nobody around here that can stand toe to toe with Lars and survive it" had Braun Strowman say Hi as he attacked vehicles back in the parking garage. 

Some big news today. First lets get to CM Punk who was offered a 7 figure Deal by WWE a month ago. My source today 

"from two sources I’ve heard that CM Punk received a 7 figure offer from wwe about a month or so ago. No response..."

Talked to m Co worker today about Moxley in AEW. He said from people he's talked to Vince is ready to blow and they feel bad for whatever personality or Superstar is gonna get his wrath when he finally blows big time. Vince was apparently told by Moxley that HE (Jon) was gonna take a few months off to recharge and make a decision if he wants to return or now. However back room rumbles is that Dean was apparently in contact with AEW people after WWE offered him a new deal speculating that contact was Chris Jericho. Dean apparently has gained a lot of support in the back and many praised how he is sticking it to Vince and WWE. He also said that Moxley to AEW is 85% happening. 

FOX deal. Fox apparently can make changes to the contract INCLUDING AN EARLY BUYOUT  if ratings don't go up soon. Some of those changes are RAW back to 2 hrs. From my twitter guy

"CONFIRMED. Fox has decided that if they don’t see a 10-20% increase in ratings until October, they will restructure the Tv deal to reduce years and give them an early out... WWE is set to have a board meeting Wednesday to discuss. Avenues are bringing up more NXT talent, releasing unwanted talent and concentrate on hot angles, reducing Raw back to two hours, reducing number of special events, create a faction Nwo/DX like or bring one up as previously mentioned."

Also Brand split ends this Sunday. 

"Brand split ending after money in the bank ppv"

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Brand split ends this Sunday. 

"Brand split ending after money in the bank ppv"
God I hope so.  This is one of the stupidest things WWE has put into place.  It really dilutes their product, IMO.  Open up the gates and generate some new storylines, please!

God I hope so.  This is one of the stupidest things WWE has put into place.  It really dilutes their product, IMO.  Open up the gates and generate some new storylines, please!
I don't see how you thinks it dilutes their product. Without the brand split I highly doubt we see Kofi, Ali or hell even Samoa Joe rise to prominence.

I don't see how you thinks it dilutes their product. Without the brand split I highly doubt we see Kofi, Ali or hell even Samoa Joe rise to prominence.
Diluting may have been the wrong word choice...maybe stagnant is better?  IMO, we're stuck watching the same matches over and over because you have a limited roster for each show.  The storylines grow stale and viewers drop.  WWE has talent on both rosters, but pigeonhole themselves into small storylines that are forced to cover ground for months at a time.  I think we would see more of the performers involved if the writers could manage the rosters better.  Even with the split, names are falling through the cracks. The brand split isn't giving people opportunites in my eyes.  It just gives writers a smaller group to focus on.  WWE could still accomplish this without the brand split.  They could still get more involved and keep things fresh and moving. 

Ali may not have mainstream eyes on him, but honestly he wasn't getting eyes on him in SD either.  Granted he was injured, but how much has he been used since he's been back?  A couple of times here and there, but not as much as others on the roster.  Joe was being pushed quite a bit until he was injured - and now he's right back in the push after injury.  I couldn't turn on the TV without seeing Kofi and New Day all over the screen.  So none of those examples really hold for me.

We know Vince is going to push the big names first.  So why stick them on one show where they keep picking fights with the same people?  I don't care about Corbin or Lashley - and even Drew is starting to grow stale.  Get new blood involved by writing for them.  Why wait a year until the next shakeup to see Balor vs Andrande?  Whey wait a year to see AJ vs Seth Rollins?  Why force feed the same Corbin vs Rollins or Lashley vs Balor or AJ vs Bryan?  Once or twice is fine, but months of it?  They could have kept more engaged (viewers and performers) but eliminating the Brand Split and being more creative.  They're hurting themselves with this brand split, IMO.

Diluting may have been the wrong word choice...maybe stagnant is better?  IMO, we're stuck watching the same matches over and over because you have a limited roster for each show.  The storylines grow stale and viewers drop.  WWE has talent on both rosters, but pigeonhole themselves into small storylines that are forced to cover ground for months at a time.  I think we would see more of the performers involved if the writers could manage the rosters better.  Even with the split, names are falling through the cracks. The brand split isn't giving people opportunites in my eyes.  It just gives writers a smaller group to focus on.  WWE could still accomplish this without the brand split.  They could still get more involved and keep things fresh and moving. 

Ali may not have mainstream eyes on him, but honestly he wasn't getting eyes on him in SD either.  Granted he was injured, but how much has he been used since he's been back?  A couple of times here and there, but not as much as others on the roster.  Joe was being pushed quite a bit until he was injured - and now he's right back in the push after injury.  I couldn't turn on the TV without seeing Kofi and New Day all over the screen.  So none of those examples really hold for me.

We know Vince is going to push the big names first.  So why stick them on one show where they keep picking fights with the same people?  I don't care about Corbin or Lashley - and even Drew is starting to grow stale.  Get new blood involved by writing for them.  Why wait a year until the next shakeup to see Balor vs Andrande?  Whey wait a year to see AJ vs Seth Rollins?  Why force feed the same Corbin vs Rollins or Lashley vs Balor or AJ vs Bryan?  Once or twice is fine, but months of it?  They could have kept more engaged (viewers and performers) but eliminating the Brand Split and being more creative.  They're hurting themselves with this brand split, IMO.
Ideally - at least to me - would still have to have the separate shows, but have each one with different hours dedicated to different things.

1st hour (both shows) - lower card talent and new people.

2nd hour (RAW) - mid-card people - this is where the secondary and tag titles get defended.

2nd hour (SDL) and 3rd hour (RAW) - this is only really one group; these are the guys and gals who are the top people in the promotion. In this hour the Universal, WWE, and both women's titles are defended.

Wrestlers move up and down the weekly cards as they either improve (or kill ratings). A Bobby Lashley - if he's not delivering ratings in hour 3 of RAW, gets bumped back to hour 2 or the first hour of SDL. If Lacey Evans is tearing up the second hour on RAW, move her up to the third hour on RAW.

Essentially, you'd have a tiered system where the goal is to be wrestling on the 3rd hour of RAW, with the second hour on SDL a half-step behind. But this would involve VKM getting off his man crush for big, sweaty men and blonde women.

Tom Servo said:
Wrestlers move up and down the weekly cards as they either improve (or kill ratings). A Bobby Lashley - if he's not delivering ratings in hour 3 of RAW, gets bumped back to hour 2 or the first hour of SDL. If Lacey Evans is tearing up the second hour on RAW, move her up to the third hour on RAW.

Essentially, you'd have a tiered system where the goal is to be wrestling on the 3rd hour of RAW, with the second hour on SDL a half-step behind. But this would involve VKM getting off his man crush for big, sweaty men and blonde women.
If only they'd do a ranking system of sorts, or at least capture Wins/Losses and make it worth something.  That could add to the storylines and help creative find new ways of introducing/adding people.  I know it's not a new concept, but WWE needs to do something to shake up it's current structure and make things interesting again.

@Peak I do think you have a point and @Tom Servo I like your formatting, with a slight tweak to what Monday has taught us over the years: first hour for the midcard, second hour main event, third hour for the lower card.

hagmania said:
Do to the brand split we are watching the same matches over and over again. Even if you brought some people over on each side you'll still see the same matches. I think we went last year half the year seeing some combination of the USOs and The Bar plus one other tag team on SDLIVE. It was a decent storyline but when you do it week after week it's receptive and stale after awhile. Yeah. Maybe we don't see Kofi get the title and quite honestly I was happy he got it but disappointed they didn't have him break from The New Day because to me he can't be taken seriously as WWE Champ in the New Day. Love to see KO take the title and Kofi blame Xavier and big E for not taking it seriously and getting him distracted from what was important (WWE Title) not pancakes and hip gyrations. 

The storyline of Joe and Mystero is just boring. I think given Joe is one of HHH's guys he'd have had the opportunity anyway just like Balor was at the start with the Universal title. I thought the Brand Split would be better but it also takes some creative storytelling which we all know WWE doesn't have right now. 

Tom Servo said:
Ideally - at least to me - would still have to have the separate shows, but have each one with different hours dedicated to different things.

1st hour (both shows) - lower card talent and new people.

2nd hour (RAW) - mid-card people - this is where the secondary and tag titles get defended.

2nd hour (SDL) and 3rd hour (RAW) - this is only really one group; these are the guys and gals who are the top people in the promotion. In this hour the Universal, WWE, and both women's titles are defended.

WWE lacks the creative today for that. This is how RAW was set up usually back in the day. When Smackdown first started it continued the main storyline that was on RAW but Smackdown also gave WWE a chance to throw in more mid carders on their show. To be honest given WWE right now they don't need a 3rd hour. 

I would actually send some of the talent to NXT and NXTUK. NXT got raided big time and I'd like to see them go back to where they at least had one or 2 veterans on the show if they weren't being used on the main roster on NXT like Cesaro vs Sami Zayn was etc. It looks like Breeze went to NXT and Alexander Wolfe went to UK. I think a few talent would benefit. It's not a demotion as much as right now as it's a way to get them in action more and seen instead of working just house shows. The whole Jordan Devlin Irish Ace thing they could've set up a huge program where Finn Balor (his original trainer) calls him out finally. It was a nice surprise the first UKTakeover seeing those 2 but I think they went to that too quickly. 

Former WWE and TNA wrestler Matt Morgan won the Mayor position in Longwood FL yesterday. A lot of former wrestlers becoming mayors these days or running for office. 

They missed one guy Jimmy Havoc. The Matches hardcore wise he's had in Progress have been incredible brutal. 
I mentioned Moxley / Havoc as a hardcore wrestling "dream" match of sorts a page or two earlier in the thread.  That'd be an interesting contest to say the least and certainly quite surreal.  I've been watching Havoc in person on the British independent scene for years and never imagined that those two men could ever populate the same ring!  Now though, its a distinct possibility.

Another AEW guy who hasn't been mentioned but who'd have a very crazy brawl with JM would of course be Joey Janela.

I was laughing because of how dumb and childish it was and simple because I knew this was directly from Vince given he likes that humor. He was probably rubbing one in gorilla watching that 
One thing I'll say here though. Scott Dawson eat his #### sandwich with great gusto.  If the booker gives you something horrible to do, might as well hit it out the park!

Thanks for this @Tom Servo.  I'm slightly surprised that Marshall and Ross have never received better opportunities in the industry.  I believe they were trained by Harley Race and spent time at the NOAH dojo in Japan so combined with their surname, you might have thought some of the bigger promotions out there could've shown more interest.  I haven't seen these lads wrestle much myself.  I assume they're not particularly good?  I recall a very brief run by the brothers in TNA a few years ago.

WWE needs to do something to shake up it's current structure and make things interesting again.
Outside of the occasional interesting angle or big match, I honestly believe that the main reason to follow WWE is to debate with other pro-wrestling fans about how underwhelming the company's product is and discuss hypothetical ways how we the fans would book WWE differently, knowing full well that the majority of things we want to see will never happen.

Thanks for this @Tom Servo.  I'm slightly surprised that Marshall and Ross have never received better opportunities in the industry.  I believe they were trained by Harley Race and spent time at the NOAH dojo in Japan so combined with their surname, you might have thought some of the bigger promotions out there could've shown more interest.  I haven't seen these lads wrestle much myself.  I assume they're not particularly good?  I recall a very brief run by the brothers in TNA a few years ago.
For one thing, the Von Erich's were HUGE in Texas, and when Kerry went to the E they told him he couldn't use his name or the claw finishing move.  Many of those in E land thought he was just another guy which was sad. In the monopoly era, TNA/Impact and RoH could've signed them, but since they don't work Texas all that much, I don't think they'd fit well.

With MLW, there's other wrestling families there that would make great feuds. With the shows airing Saturday nights on YouTube, you could see for yourself how good they are. My guess is that they're probably pretty decent.

I mentioned Moxley / Havoc as a hardcore wrestling "dream" match of sorts a page or two earlier in the thread.  That'd be an interesting contest to say the least and certainly quite surreal.  I've been watching Havoc in person on the British independent scene for years and never imagined that those two men could ever populate the same ring!  Now though, its a distinct possibility.

Another AEW guy who hasn't been mentioned but who'd have a very crazy brawl with JM would of course be Joey Janela.
I saw Janela first time a few yrs ago and he impressed me and did some impressive stuff with Paige at ALLIN. 

Lacey Von Eric was also in TNA after a brief stint with WWE Development. She retired in 2010 and not sure why as she always seemed to be fairly good 

Outside of the occasional interesting angle or big match, I honestly believe that the main reason to follow WWE is to debate with other pro-wrestling fans about how underwhelming the company's product is and discuss hypothetical ways how we the fans would book WWE differently, knowing full well that the majority of things we want to see will never happen.
Vince doesn't care about us anymore. TV ratings aren't what drives him anymore. Its the money from the board and other people 

Also it was reported today WWE didn't signed Goldberg to keep him from AEW but because The Saudi Prince asked for him at the PPV as the Prince and family are fans of the old school wrestlers and nonstalaga. If possible I can also see them trying to Bring in John Cena but from what I've heard Cena refuses to go as he's afraid his talent agency would drop him and Hollywood would start blackballing him. He won't go in fear of possible negative reaction for it. It's a smart move by a guy who's wrestling career is dwindling down and he wants to be in Hollywood. It's ironic too as Cena use to ##### about Rock leaving WWE and going to Hollywood and many guys in the back were joking that Cena was eventually going to do the something as this was around the time Cena started doing the movies and doing The Marine and other Hollywood stuff. So people were saying his beef with The Rock was making him a hypocrite. Low and behold Cena has gone Hollywood. 

Angelico former LU star has signed with AEW and former ECW star Jerry Lynn has signed to be a coach

Also Mauro Ranallo has apparently signed a new WWE deal. Deal allows him to keep his outside bookings in MMA 

Also watch this WWE Creative video. They basically admit they have no wrestling background 

WWE shows video selling out their creative team

I'm gonna be surprised if Lars Sullivan is employed by WWE after this. His anxiety may have been from learning that people found his one account about #### he said about Stephanie, R**e, Mental illness, race, homophobia etc. There's another account of a his apparently that he made was also band on a WWE type forum reddit has the goodies all here. I won't post the comments because some of them are incredible bad 

Lars Sullivan might be lying about his anxiety

Users who are viewing this thread