What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (2 Viewers)

I like DBG wherever he ends up. IMO, the best WR in this class. I am going out on a limb of a reach here but I am going to call KC with their 1st round pick. Maclin would be a great mentor and KC needs help opening up that offense. Reid has shown taking a WR early is an option for him in the past and DGB has the potential to be a star. Chase Daniels would also be a better fit for the team than Alex Smith, FYI.
Yep, he fits with the new offense, too.

As I understand it, they are going to have Smith line up in a 9-yard shotgun, and kick it to his WRs. DGB's ability to high point the ball will be :moneybag:

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Sooners

Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham "will be great or a zero in the league," according to NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.

"Questions of maturity are real and could torpedo his draft stock more than some think, but what should also concern teams is that the year of football he missed last season puts him behind in his education in the game at that position. He will be great or a zero in the league in my opinion," Zierlein wrote. While some teams have DGB crossed off their list in the first round, it's possible that his upside may be too hard to pass on, if he drops to the second round. The Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings, 49ers, Rams, Titans, Ravens, Bengals and the Cowboys have had DGB in for pre-draft visits.

Source: NFL.com

Apr 27 - 3:02 PM

Man these guys are really going out on a limb with their bull#### opinions.

I'm not a subscriber so I can't say for certain but on the Audible they completely ignored DGB besides one off the cuff comment about watching him on tape and being impressed.

No one is willing to commit to an actual projection of what hes gonna do in the NFL, just either he'll be amazing or nothing at all. Pretty lame.

I kind of hope he falls to late second (real NFL) so the guppies in my league don't grab him. He could easily be the SOD (real NFL and fantasy) if he turns the character things around and gets dialed in.

I kind of hope he falls to late second (real NFL) so the guppies in my league don't grab him. He could easily be the SOD (real NFL and fantasy) if he turns the character things around and gets dialed in.
You really shouldn't be hoping that. The higher he's drafted, the more opportunities he'll get. And the higher he's drafted, the more secure you can be in your evaluation of him. The NFL is pretty damn good at this talent evaluation stuff, no matter how much we want to talk about busts and steals. If you're a fan of DGB, already own him, or want to own him, you want to see an NFL team take a swing on him as early as possible. The more a team has invested in him, the better the chance he'll succeed and/or maintain value through any future...off-field hiccups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. The higher the pick, the higher the confidence. If he goes top 20, push your chips in. If he goes around pick 60....he didn't warrant the risk for the NFL despite his size.

Rotoworld:

Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham is "longer than Demaryius Thomas" but "not the freak athlete like Calvin Johnson," an anonymous NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

"Huge threat in the red zone," he continued. "Oklahoma had to hold him out of some drills because he was just dominating practices. He was (abusing) their starters, It wasn't even close." On the downside, DGB was never a No. 1 WR in college, didn't play last year, has small hands (9''), had the poorest vertical jump (33½) of the top 25 receivers and has multiple character concerns. "He's so big and so fast," another scout said. "There's just a lot of unknowns with him. He's a train wreck." Concluded a third: "He's as talented as anybody in the group but I wouldn't draft him. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. He could become Josh Gordon. He's going to be a hit immediately for whoever drafts him and then he's going to be a problem."

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Apr 30 - 3:52 PM

I'm thinking he ends up in Baltimore. Fulfills a need and that team could handle his off the field issues especially with Steve smith checking him

I'm thinking he ends up in Baltimore. Fulfills a need and that team could handle his off the field issues especially with Steve smith checking him
It's a good fit on the field but you really think the team that just endured the Ray Rice scandal is going to draft DGB?

Rotoworld:

ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden calls Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham "a mystery man."

"He has tremendous size. I just did not see him play to that size," Gruden said. "He lined up on the left all the time when he did play, and there were too many plays where he was getting pinned into the boundary and became an ineffective receiver." The former coach also sees route running as an issue. "I'm not quite satisfied with what I see on tape and what I'm hearing off the field," Gruden said. Green-Beckham doesn't have the on-field (or off-, obviously) resume of a first-rounder, but his possession of truly athletic gifts might cause an organization to roll the dice this evening.

Source: ESPN Insider
Apr 30 - 5:33 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden calls Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham "a mystery man."

"He has tremendous size. I just did not see him play to that size," Gruden said. "He lined up on the left all the time when he did play, and there were too many plays where he was getting pinned into the boundary and became an ineffective receiver." The former coach also sees route running as an issue. "I'm not quite satisfied with what I see on tape and what I'm hearing off the field," Gruden said. Green-Beckham doesn't have the on-field (or off-, obviously) resume of a first-rounder, but his possession of truly athletic gifts might cause an organization to roll the dice this evening.

Source: ESPN Insider
Apr 30 - 5:33 PM
I've been very high on him since January, but week by week I watch a little more and slowly I've lost interest. He's soft, which explains much of what Gruden sees. Not that Gruden is a guru, or me, and certainly DGB has the body and skillset to be excellent, but he needs to play angry and dominate. He needs to be more aggressive in his routes. I hear he was very hard working in his year off so, who knows.

It's a good fit on the field but you really think the team that just endured the Ray Rice scandal is going to draft DGB?
That definitely has to be considered but they have shown in he past they will take players with questionable character concerns, especially if they are physical freaks. It will be interesting to see how they operate post-rice. I think the presence of Steve smith could play a huge role. That dude will put dbg into place. He used to punk chad Johnson at Santa Monica junior college.

I was wrong. Must have a terrible off the field rep. Lets see where he ends up. He has to be picked soon I would think.

I was wrong. Must have a terrible off the field rep. Lets see where he ends up. He has to be picked soon I would think.
Idk about that. There are very real holes in his game, he's not an A+ receiving prospect with character concerns, he's a B prospect with character concerns but intriguing measurables.

Idk about that. There are very real holes in his game, he's not an A+ receiving prospect with character concerns, he's a B prospect with character concerns but intriguing measurables.
Yeah I def think he's an A prospect. He's not an A+ but he's not a B either.

I'm a DGB guy, I own him already in a devy league. I just don't see that. He doesn't always play to his size unless you're watching his Kentucky game highlights, he is limited after the catch and has build-up speed. Isn't physical off the line. I like him and he provides some unique things to an NFL offense but he's not well-rounded right now and doesn't run a lot of routes.

I'm a DGB guy, I own him already in a devy league. I just don't see that. He doesn't always play to his size unless you're watching his Kentucky game highlights, he is limited after the catch and has build-up speed. Isn't physical off the line. I like him and he provides some unique things to an NFL offense but he's not well-rounded right now and doesn't run a lot of routes.
:goodposting:

i also think his athleticism is a bit over-rated. He's got size and is fast but he's not close to being a freak athletically like Calvin Johnson. Can't find it now but something i think called *sparq* score where they weigh the aggregate of their skills showed him to be pretty average.

i also think his athleticism is a bit over-rated. He's got size and is fast but he's not close to being a freak athletically like Calvin Johnson. Can't find it now but something i think called *sparq* score where they weigh the aggregate of their skills showed him to be pretty average.
He is a freak, just not a generational god-like being like Calvin. Hard to hold that against him, really. Athleticism isn't his problem unless someone has been deluded into thinking he's the next Calvin by whatever hype they've read.

He is a freak, just not a generational god-like being like Calvin. Hard to hold that against him, really. Athleticism isn't his problem unless someone has been deluded into thinking he's the next Calvin by whatever hype they've read.
I'm not as concerned with him on the field even though he is raw we are also judging him on what we saw two years ago. Players improve their technique from year to year. I'm concerned with him getting fat or off field issues. If he puts on to much weight he will lose his explosiveness which was exciting to see on his tape at his size. He could have came into the combine 5-10 pounds lighter imo. He would have ran faster and jumped higher. Meh it really is a red flag but whatever. The upside is still there if someone can get him to focus.

I see a faster Plaxico Burress. If his head is on straight and he dedicates himself, he would be a nightmare.

Rotoworld:

TitanInsider's Terry McCormick thinks the Titans "seem to like" Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham and "wouldn't be shocked" if he's the pick at No. 33.

Tennessee used the No. 2 pick on Marcus Mariota, signaling it's ready to address one of the worst offensive depth charts in the league. Green-Beckham has one of the highest ceilings in this class. He'd be a monster tackle-shedding wideout to pair with Justin Hunter on the outside, giving Mariota two big perimeter targets to book end sure-handed chain mover Kendall Wright.

Related: Titans

Source: Terry McCormick on Twitter

His sparq score was average. 48% - he basically is better than 48 of 100 NFL WRs in terms of overall profile, per sparq methodology. Way way way below Calvin Johnson, who had like a 99% score.

6-4 6-5 with ups is hard for NFL DBs to cover.

There's a lack of quality CBs entering the NFL that are over 6 feet tall.

He probably can oWn tons of NFL CBs with a lofted pass, but can he run a route sharp enough, well enough to get open against these smallish CBs with excellent lateral agility?

Best description I've seen is Hunter II. Most everything is repeated.

Kendall Wright is the man, not Hunter, in TEN. Some of the post-draft/post-pick snips incorrectly insinuate it'll be he and Hunter on the field with Walker owning the middle. If Wright is in the slot, fine, but their predominant set will not be to bench their uncoverable speedy lil bugger. It would be to actually have Kendall run more than a short route the D gives him and force them to try and match his insane quicks.

Job one for Marioto will surely be getting used to Wright's speed and the timing to lead him with passes.

I'm not sure how much it means if DGB is replacing Hunter, edging him out. Nate seemed to be opposite Wright more often than Hunter when they were predictably going to pass like on 3rd and 9. They signed Douglas and Whisenhunt likes a reliable vet.

Somewhere in here is WR McCluster.

My issue is Whisenhunt stated all spring how they'd do X, Y, Z and never did it. His lack of confidence in Hunter, his odd play calls to not throw to the WRs for about a half, putting old guys in at RB and giving them the rock often...he wasn't predictable or exciting. I will say that Whisenhunt, everywhere else, was a way better OC. The Titans had some vanilla Whisenhunt O last year. If that continues, Walker is Gates II and no one else really matters in the passing game.

I'm not sure how much it means if DGB is replacing Hunter, edging him out. Nate seemed to be opposite Wright more often than Hunter when they were predictably going to pass like on 3rd and 9. They signed Douglas and Whisenhunt likes a reliable vet.
Douglas is a slot receiver so Hunter must play well enough to force Kendall Wright to the slot. If he can't do that then Hunter is probably cut ala Stephen Hill and the team goes with DGB/Wright and Douglas in the slot.

Douglas is a slot receiver so Hunter must play well enough to force Kendall Wright to the slot. If he can't do that then Hunter is probably cut ala Stephen Hill and the team goes with DGB/Wright and Douglas in the slot.
Both Wright and Douglas have played plenty outside. Douglas made a name for himself when Jones and Roddy got hurt moreso than when they were playing

Man these guys are really going out on a limb with their bull#### opinions.

I'm not a subscriber so I can't say for certain but on the Audible they completely ignored DGB besides one off the cuff comment about watching him on tape and being impressed.

No one is willing to commit to an actual projection of what hes gonna do in the NFL, just either he'll be amazing or nothing at all. Pretty lame.
thats what you get in the fantasy climate today, its almost as if people are scared to go against popular opinion.

you cannot teach his size and speed but he has off the field concerns? every player has off the field concerns, its just do they get caught.

even with his off the field problems he fell only to pick 40.

after the big 5 in dyno, who do you want over dgb? if he didnt have off the field problems he would be top 3 hopefull teams will help him avoid getting caught.

i say pick 6 in a vacuum is fair for a guy with his talent yet issues. that talent wont last long in my draft.

even with his off the field problems he fell only to pick 40.

after the big 5 in dyno, who do you want over dgb? if he didnt have off the field problems he would be top 3 hopefull teams will help him avoid getting caught.

i say pick 6 in a vacuum is fair for a guy with his talent yet issues. that talent wont last long in my draft.
I see the same in my leagues. I think a lot of people are going to be staring at him at 1.09-1.12 with some decisions to make across leagues.

• Smile
Reactions: Xue
I like him but don't want to pull the trigger at 10 with him. Perriman is well ahead on my board. Almost as big, quite a bit faster and no off field issues.

Users who are viewing this thread