What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Redskins 2012 Off Season Thread (1 Viewer)

The Skins want/need for RGIII will be used against them heavily in trading talks most likely. The Rams and Vikes will say they got Cleveland or Miami ready to give up this and that and the Skins will have to play some good poker if they want to walk away with RGIII most likely. They'll tell Cleveland the same thing about the Skins too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington Post

London Fletcher named Bart Starr Award winnerBy Mike JonesLinebacker London Fletcher has been named the NFL’s 2012 Bart Starr Award winner, the Washington Redskins and Athletes in Action announced Wednesday.The award is given to a player who shows outstanding character and leadership. Fletcher beat out Philadelphia’s Nnamdi Asomugha and Dallas’ Jason Witten for the award.The 14-year veteran, who is Washington’s defensive captain, led the NFL in tackles this season. He also is active in charitable work through his foundation, London’s Bridge. This week Fletcher was named to his third Pro Bowl.Fletcher - the second Redskin to win the award (Darrell Green was the first in 1997) will be honored at the 25th Annual NFL-Sanctioned Super Bowl Breakfast in Indianapolis on Feb. 4th.
:thumbup:

Former Bucs head coach Raheem Morris says that he is close to getting a job as an assistant coach and it appears that the Redskins are very much in the mix.

From what he told the Tampa Tribune, he seems to be choosing between a position with the Vikings and one with the Redskins. He has talked with both teams and said, “With Washington, it was more of an offer.”
CSN WashingtonAnd while we're talking coaches, how can Danny Smith keep hanging on to his job? No matter how poorly the special teams play, it's never his responsibility.
Raheem Morris lands DB assistant job in WAS
The Redskins, meanwhile, ranked 12th in the league in passing yards allowed, but earlier Wednesday night, the Washington Post reported that the contract of long-time Redskins safeties coach Steve Jackson would not be renewed.
to those who love to criticize Haslett, the D rose from like 31st to 16th this year, which is a nice statistical jump. And they passed the eye test. A lock-down CB would be nice to get. A Carlos Rogers type :wall:

Heard on ESPN 980 today. Chris Russell and Tom Lavarro both liked signing Flynn if he is an unrestricted free agent. Earlier, Doc Walker said he would NOT trade up for a QB. The key is finding players in the draft and no going after the players hyped up in magazined. Not sure if that was a shot at Vinnie, but it is fun to think it was.
confused at the Flynn love. I hope we avoid him. To acquire a guy based on 2 good games for the best team in the league would be foolish. If he was so good, why was he a 7th round draft pick? And out of the over-analyzed SEC at that.buyers beware!
Why were Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck & Marc Bulger 6th round picks?Why were Kurt Warner & Tony Romo undrafted?Why was Matt Cassel a 7th round pick?
and how many of these guys received $50m contracts when they were still unproven? :missing:
The rebuttal was to your statement "If he was so good, why was he a 7th round draft pick?"
and my point is that these guys actually proved they were better than where they were drafted b4 they got big money. flynn has not done that.BUYER BEWARE

There's a 2 hour special tonight from 7 to 9 pm on ESPN980 about the Redskins season in review. I think Al Galdi's hosting it, so it should be pretty good if you want to listen.

ESPN980 (there's a 'listen online' link)
do they typically provide a link for download later? i would love to listen to this.
They have an "audio vault" link on the main page. It goes here, where they usually have most or all of their aired programs a day or 2 after they air.
thanks. Has the show posted yet? I see a bunch of stuff from the 10th. Just not sure which show it is. :confused:

Former Bucs head coach Raheem Morris says that he is close to getting a job as an assistant coach and it appears that the Redskins are very much in the mix.

From what he told the Tampa Tribune, he seems to be choosing between a position with the Vikings and one with the Redskins. He has talked with both teams and said, “With Washington, it was more of an offer.”
CSN WashingtonAnd while we're talking coaches, how can Danny Smith keep hanging on to his job? No matter how poorly the special teams play, it's never his responsibility.
Raheem Morris lands DB assistant job in WAS
The Redskins, meanwhile, ranked 12th in the league in passing yards allowed, but earlier Wednesday night, the Washington Post reported that the contract of long-time Redskins safeties coach Steve Jackson would not be renewed.
to those who love to criticize Haslett, the D rose from like 31st to 16th this year, which is a nice statistical jump. And they passed the eye test. A lock-down CB would be nice to get. A Carlos Rogers type :wall:
I wish they would have signed Rogers as well, I am still more concerned that his big problem was just needing Lasik the fact that nobody in the organization ever diagnosed that is worrisome.

Heard on ESPN 980 today. Chris Russell and Tom Lavarro both liked signing Flynn if he is an unrestricted free agent. Earlier, Doc Walker said he would NOT trade up for a QB. The key is finding players in the draft and no going after the players hyped up in magazined. Not sure if that was a shot at Vinnie, but it is fun to think it was.
confused at the Flynn love. I hope we avoid him. To acquire a guy based on 2 good games for the best team in the league would be foolish. If he was so good, why was he a 7th round draft pick? And out of the over-analyzed SEC at that.buyers beware!
Why were Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck & Marc Bulger 6th round picks?Why were Kurt Warner & Tony Romo undrafted?Why was Matt Cassel a 7th round pick?
and how many of these guys received $50m contracts when they were still unproven? :missing:
The rebuttal was to your statement "If he was so good, why was he a 7th round draft pick?"
and my point is that these guys actually proved they were better than where they were drafted b4 they got big money. flynn has not done that.BUYER BEWARE
Yeah, that was your retroactive point, sure.

[QUOTE='John Keim]When I talked to @russlande in Oct, he had Tannehill as No. 2 QB. "There's not a lot he can't do." his latest mock has #redskins taking at 6
Lande's latest mock draft.When asked, via Twitter, whether the 'Skins should trade down if they're going to select Tannehill, Lande tweeted:

[QUOTE='Russ Lande]Trading down to get Tannehill may be ideal for WASH, but it is a big risk trading down & hoping a QB slips down to you.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]Ryan Tannehill will miss the Senior Bowl and probably the Combine due to a broken foot. He hopes to still have a pro day in March.
The 23-year-old Tannehill is one of the highest-rated QB prospects in the next NFL draft. ESPN Scouts Inc. ranks him as the third-best QB prospect behind Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, and 28th overall of available players.
I saw some tweets that said he's likely to require surgery to fix the foot, which could cause his draft stock to tumble to the 2nd round (or later?). Tannehill has been getting some draft guru love recently, but his lack of QB experience has me worried (just started playing the position during the middle of the 2010 season).

'John Keim]When I talked to @russlande in Oct said:
.When asked, via Twitter, whether the 'Skins should trade down if they're going to select Tannehill, Lande tweeted:

'Russ Lande]Trading down to get Tannehill may be ideal for WASH said:
Sucks that he won't play in the senior bowl so Shanahan can see him up close. Biggest criticism I've read about Tannehill is that he needs to work on his accuracy. If true, that doesn't sound like a Shanahan type of qb to me, although I'm sure he'll love his athleticism.

Peyton Manning rumors heating up today.
From what I've seen/read, it's all because of this tweet by Bram Weinstein:
One of the people who's opinion at ESPN I trust the most says Peyton + Saturday to Redskins is VERY likely.. So, I have to warm up to it
He followed that up with a few more tweets:
Nothing happens with Peyton until March when deadline for 28 mil comes. Assuming he is free, the discussion I had was Skins go hard
I don't think Wash is his first choice, but Shanihan might be his kind of coach. Look at Colts and the difference he makes!
A lot has to happen including Peyton release. This is no done deal by any stretch, just interesting how much momentum this has.
- Appreciate all the attention to my feed this morning: Let me clarify to make sure this is accurate re: Peyton..

- I had conversations with some ESPN insiders-the Redskins eyeing Peyton is not an unusual topic-and in the course of those talks..

- It became clear that they believe a Peyton to DC scenario is among the likeliest outcome. Jeff Saturday would likely come too..

- Now-we never discussed any trade scenarios or whether it would be via free agency if the Colts released him before the baloon payment.

- So, we are a long way away from any of this being any kind of reality. To summarize: The scenario has legs, but there is no certainty at all

- Also, important note to all of this: None of this has come from any source at Redskins Park, it's pure informed speculation.

Peyton Manning rumors heating up today.
From what I've seen/read, it's all because of this tweet by Bram Weinstein:
One of the people who's opinion at ESPN I trust the most says Peyton + Saturday to Redskins is VERY likely.. So, I have to warm up to it
He followed that up with a few more tweets:
Nothing happens with Peyton until March when deadline for 28 mil comes. Assuming he is free, the discussion I had was Skins go hard
I don't think Wash is his first choice, but Shanihan might be his kind of coach. Look at Colts and the difference he makes!
A lot has to happen including Peyton release. This is no done deal by any stretch, just interesting how much momentum this has.
- Appreciate all the attention to my feed this morning: Let me clarify to make sure this is accurate re: Peyton..

- I had conversations with some ESPN insiders-the Redskins eyeing Peyton is not an unusual topic-and in the course of those talks..

- It became clear that they believe a Peyton to DC scenario is among the likeliest outcome. Jeff Saturday would likely come too..

- Now-we never discussed any trade scenarios or whether it would be via free agency if the Colts released him before the baloon payment.

- So, we are a long way away from any of this being any kind of reality. To summarize: The scenario has legs, but there is no certainty at all

- Also, important note to all of this: None of this has come from any source at Redskins Park, it's pure informed speculation.
In other news: water is wet.

My guess:

The Redskins will take a long look at Flynn. They'll do a lot of investigation into how much it will take to trade up and get RG3. If both of those situations get too expensive, they'll make a move for Manning if he's released and then draft a QB in the mid rounds.

as long as we don't have to endure Grossman and Beck, I'm fine with ANY QB they bring in. Manning, Griffin, Flynn, just give the team a chance for someone better than mediocre for a change!

Almost sounds like how the "Beck will be starter" rumor probably got legs and became "fact". Odds are, Weinstein's "trusted source" is Schefter.
To me it just seems that if a QB of Manning's caliber is available through trade or FA 31 teams will be looking at scenarios to bring him in.To see where Flynn and Manning go could drastically effect how this draft plays out.

Almost sounds like how the "Beck will be starter" rumor probably got legs and became "fact". Odds are, Weinstein's "trusted source" is Schefter.
Now the whole internet will be abuzz with the fact that this PROOVES the Redskins overpay for broken down FAs. Last year, Jason LaCanfora said it was a LOCK that the Redskins were trading up to # 2 to select Blaine Gabbert (dodged a bullet there). But the point is, yeah, these media types start the rumours and then everyone takes them as fact.An ESPN source -- not a Redskins source -- says its the most "likely scenario." What does that mean, really? A couple of writers were sitting around the water cooler and speculating and since they are sports writers, it's "informed speculation" that is worthy to pass as "news?" I really don't put much credence in this.

The Beck and Gabbert rumors never really made sense to me. Those rumors were reported and usually followed with, "But the Redskins would be crazy to do that." Not saying I believe Manning is VERY likely to happen, as Bram tweeted, but I do think it at least makes some sense.

'MikeApf said:
'Sidewinder16 said:
'thayman said:
Now the whole internet will be abuzz with the fact that this PROOVES the Redskins overpay for broken down FAs. Last year, Jason LaCanfora said it was a LOCK that the Redskins were trading up to # 2 to select Blaine Gabbert (dodged a bullet there). But the point is, yeah, these media types start the rumours and then everyone takes them as fact.An ESPN source -- not a Redskins source -- says its the most "likely scenario." What does that mean, really? A couple of writers were sitting around the water cooler and speculating and since they are sports writers, it's "informed speculation" that is worthy to pass as "news?" I really don't put much credence in this.
A lot of this type of reports I think come from the reporters getting used to Shanny not telling the reporters anything and everything they wanted to know. With Cerrato the vast majority of all rumors ended up being true.

'MikeApf said:
'Sidewinder16 said:
'thayman said:
A lot of this type of reports I think come from the reporters getting used to Shanny not telling the reporters anything and everything they wanted to know. With Cerrato the vast majority of all rumors ended up being true.
With Cerrato, the vast majority of the rumors started with him. Loose lips, sinks Redskins.

'dgreen said:
My guess:The Redskins will take a long look at Flynn. They'll do a lot of investigation into how much it will take to trade up and get RG3. If both of those situations get too expensive, they'll make a move for Manning if he's released and then draft a QB in the mid rounds.
Shanahan will definately explore every avenue. My personal opinion: Manning is a huge mistake. He may be done as an effective QB. So of course reporters making up rumors will link him with the Redskins. The plan should definately be to go young and develop a QB. I think sticking with Grossman is preferred to chasing Peyton Manning. At least with Grossman, you know you need a QB. Manning my be just another 1 year delay at the inevitable QB search like Mcnabb was.

'dgreen said:
My guess:The Redskins will take a long look at Flynn. They'll do a lot of investigation into how much it will take to trade up and get RG3. If both of those situations get too expensive, they'll make a move for Manning if he's released and then draft a QB in the mid rounds.
Shanahan will definately explore every avenue. My personal opinion: Manning is a huge mistake. He may be done as an effective QB. So of course reporters making up rumors will link him with the Redskins. The plan should definately be to go young and develop a QB. I think sticking with Grossman is preferred to chasing Peyton Manning. At least with Grossman, you know you need a QB. Manning my be just another 1 year delay at the inevitable QB search like Mcnabb was.
I assume a Manning Plan would include drafting a QB. I don't think they'd sign Manning and then say, "Well, we're set. Now we don't need to draft a QB."

'dgreen said:
I assume a Manning Plan would include drafting a QB. I don't think they'd sign Manning and then say, "Well, we're set. Now we don't need to draft a QB."
If Manning is a FA I can't see him signing in DC. SF or Baltimore would be a much more attractive place for him. As far as trade Manning it would cost around the same to grab Manning as it would to trade up for Griffin or Luck.

Sign Manning, trade down , take receiver in first, qb in 2 or 3. Groom behind best in the league. Sounds like the right way to do it.

When he's done, hire Manning as QB coach or even OC

'thayman said:
'dgreen said:
If Manning is a FA I can't see him signing in DC. SF or Baltimore would be a much more attractive place for him.
Washington might pay more. Whether that matters or not, I'm not sure.

'thayman said:
'dgreen said:
If Manning is a FA I can't see him signing in DC. SF or Baltimore would be a much more attractive place for him.
Washington might pay more. Whether that matters or not, I'm not sure.
I would think he would sign with whoever gives him the best chance to win right away. That's not Washington

Last week's weekly e-mail from Keim listed all the 'Skins FAs:

Redskins unrestricted free agents: WR David Anderson, CB Phillip Buchanon, DE Adam Carriker, TE Fred Davis, LB London Fletcher, LB Keyaron Fox, DE Kedric Golston, QB Rex Grossman, RB Tim Hightower, SS LaRon Landry, OT Sean Locklear, LB Rocky McIntosh, C Will Montgomery, DE Darrion Scott, WR Donte Stallworth.

Redskins restricted free agents: PK Graham Gano, OL Kory Lichtensteiger, CB Byron Westbrook.

Redskins unrestricted free agents: WR David Anderson, CB Phillip Buchanon, DE Adam Carriker, TE Fred Davis (franchise or transition tag), LB London Fletcher (reasonable 1 or 2 year deal), LB Keyaron Fox (resign if cheap), DE Kedric Golston (resign for minimum), QB Rex Grossman, RB Tim Hightower (resign for cheap), SS LaRon Landry (he'll be too expensive), OT Sean Locklear, LB Rocky McIntosh, C Will Montgomery, DE Darrion Scott (resign for minimum), WR Donte Stallworth.

Resign all these guys for cheap. Bring in another kicker for competition:

Redskins restricted free agents: PK Graham Gano, OL Kory Lichtensteiger, CB Byron Westbrook.
Resign the bolded. Let go of the others.

Agreed. My personal take is that the Colts will only cut Manning if he's not completely recovered health wise. If they do cut him, it will be a pretty reckless gamble to sign him, imo. At this point, I'm not sure Manning takes the field ever again for any team.

Also, there's been some talk of the Skins possibly drafting Blackmon in this thread. I don't like this at all. If they feel they need a big upgrade at wr, I would much rather prefer them signing VJax who apparently isn't going to be resigned or franchised by SD from what I've seen.

Also, there's been some talk of the Skins possibly drafting Blackmon in this thread. I don't like this at all. If they feel they need a big upgrade at wr, I would much rather prefer them signing VJax who apparently isn't going to be resigned or franchised by SD from what I've seen.
It really depends on how the draft starts to shake out. I think everyone here agrees that priority one is a Franchise level QB. I also think that a high priority needs to be a high talent WR and there should be several available in FA.

It really depends on how the draft starts to shake out. I think everyone here agrees that priority one is a Franchise level QB. I also think that a high priority needs to be a high talent WR and there should be several available in FA.
DeSean, Manningham and Robinson would make for a good trio to get to rebuild a WR corp.

Redskins unrestricted free agents: WR David Anderson, CB Phillip Buchanon, DE Adam Carriker, TE Fred Davis (franchise or transition tag), LB London Fletcher (reasonable 1 or 2 year deal), LB Keyaron Fox (resign if cheap), DE Kedric Golston (resign for minimum), QB Rex Grossman, RB Tim Hightower (resign for cheap), SS LaRon Landry (he'll be too expensive), OT Sean Locklear, LB Rocky McIntosh, C Will Montgomery, DE Darrion Scott (resign for minimum), WR Donte Stallworth.

I pretty much agree with everything except Fletcher. I don't think he stays if he's only offered a 1-2 year contract. Some part of me feels he may take that as a slap in the face. I imagine someone else would be willing to give him a front loaded 3-year, minimum, contract, so anything less would be equivalent to the 'Skins saying "Meh, you're not worth that kind of investment. Go somewhere else if you want more commitment."

I pretty much agree with everything except Fletcher. I don't think he stays if he's only offered a 1-2 year contract. Some part of me feels he may take that as a slap in the face. I imagine someone else would be willing to give him a front loaded 3-year, minimum, contract, so anything less would be equivalent to the 'Skins saying "Meh, you're not worth that kind of investment. Go somewhere else if you want more commitment."
I would like to see Fletcher get a good contract. I've been a big fan of his for quite awhile would love to see him retire in Burgundy and Gold

:goodposting:

I would like to see Fletcher get a good contract. I've been a big fan of his for quite awhile would love to see him retire in Burgundy and Gold

I think Fletcher will mostly likely stay. He is a leader, a high character guy, and the coaches love him. They should be able to work out a reasonable deal.

Backup like Scott, Golston, and Fox will only get the minimum contracts even if they go elsewhere.Signing your restricted free agents is a no brainer. They have no leverage, so they ultimately go back to their original team.

Hightower will be the most interesting. A lot will depend on his health on whether the Redskins resign him or if there is even any interest from other teams.

Sounds like the DC football writers are having a teleconference w/ Mel Kiper today. I'll post some of the tweet highlights.

- (Campbell) Kiper on GB's Matt Flynn: "I liked him coming out. I thought he could be a starting quarterback in this league." ..."gutty, tough" #Redskins

- (Keim) Kiper says hears through the grapevine that #Redskins not high on Flynn; says he keeps hearing talk of Peyton to them.

- (Keim) FWIW: I'd heard same thing on #Redskins opinion of Flynn. But still ways to go in the process.

- (Mike Jones) Kiper says he could see #Redskins taking LSU CB Morris Claiborne to meet a need.

More tweets from Kiper teleconference:

- (Jones) Kiper doesn't see RGIII lasting past No. 4, and could see him going as high as No. 2.

- (Keim) Kiper on RGIII:"The passing ability of RGIII was underrated. Finally, everyone jumped on bandwagon. His strength is throwing the ball deep."

- (Keim) Kiper says of sub-6 foot QBs: "For every Drew Brees, there's a laundry list of names that didn't make it." R. Wilson, K. Moore both sub 6 ft

- (Campbell) Kiper: "Andrew Luck is the best quarterback I've graded in 35 years of doing this." Luck is "a more athletic Peyton Manning."

- (Jones) Kiper feels strongly that St. Louis will trade No. 2 pick, thinks Cleveland or #Redskins the teams likely to try to move there to get RGIII

- (Campbell) Kiper's issues w/ 2nd-tier QBs: Osweiler: decision-making; Tannehill: inexperience & play vs good defenses; Foles: accuracy

And, FWIW, Kiper is currently mocking the 'Skins taking CB Morris Claiborne at #6 (Kiper doesn't try to mock trades). I've seen one or two other mock drafts with the 'Skins taking CB at 6.

General consensus seems to be that the top offensive players (Luck, RGIII, Blackmon, Khalil) will be off the board before the 'Skins pick.

'Sidewinder16 said:
And, FWIW, Kiper is currently mocking the 'Skins taking CB Morris Claiborne at #6 (Kiper doesn't try to mock trades). I've seen one or two other mock drafts with the 'Skins taking CB at 6.General consensus seems to be that the top offensive players (Luck, RGIII, Blackmon, Khalil) will be off the board before the 'Skins pick.
I would like to end up with Claiborne if a QB is unavailable. I think he will be a total stud CB and would make that secondary look a lot better. Of course my preference would be for Griffin to drop to 6, Cleveland is in the driver's seat though if they want him they deffinitly have the ammo to jump up and get him. I hope they are more inclined to draft a top OLineman though.

After further review, I'll think the Skins should trade their entire draft for Luck (or whatever else it takes..this year and next years drafts). This guy is not a question mark. He will be a starter for 10 years. You resign Grossman as a backup. Rex has nowhere else to go so he's cheap. You keep Beck as the #3 since he's under contract. Luck starts immediately.

Yep, we need a RT, CB, and WR. There are a ton of FAs at these positions. WR is overflowing with FA talent. You can live with Hall/Wilson for another 1-2 years if you know that you've got Luck locked down.

If you are wrong on Luck, you lose nothing. You were going to lose without him anyway. So our 5-11 team just stays a crap team. If you are right, we'll have a franchise QB for 10 years and a winning team within 2 years..

Yes I hear the rumors that RGIII appears better in some experts minds. Don't let them fool you. Luck graded 99/100 last year and 99/100 this year. RGIII had a great season, but he's hardly been consistent throughout his college career. Luck plays in a pro offense at Stanford. He's as sure as it gets. I give up the house to get him.

After further review, I'll think the Skins should trade their entire draft for Luck (or whatever else it takes..this year and next years drafts). This guy is not a question mark. He will be a starter for 10 years. You resign Grossman as a backup. Rex has nowhere else to go so he's cheap. You keep Beck as the #3 since he's under contract. Luck starts immediately.Yep, we need a RT, CB, and WR. There are a ton of FAs at these positions. WR is overflowing with FA talent. You can live with Hall/Wilson for another 1-2 years if you know that you've got Luck locked down.If you are wrong on Luck, you lose nothing. You were going to lose without him anyway. So our 5-11 team just stays a crap team. If you are right, we'll have a franchise QB for 10 years and a winning team within 2 years..Yes I hear the rumors that RGIII appears better in some experts minds. Don't let them fool you. Luck graded 99/100 last year and 99/100 this year. RGIII had a great season, but he's hardly been consistent throughout his college career. Luck plays in a pro offense at Stanford. He's as sure as it gets. I give up the house to get him.
If you have to trade up to #2 to get Griffin the rumors floating around the internet that I have read have been 1st and 2nd this year and 1st and 3rd next year. For that price I'd rather just jump up to get Luck.

After further review, I'll think the Skins should trade their entire draft for Luck (or whatever else it takes..this year and next years drafts). This guy is not a question mark. He will be a starter for 10 years. You resign Grossman as a backup. Rex has nowhere else to go so he's cheap. You keep Beck as the #3 since he's under contract. Luck starts immediately.Yep, we need a RT, CB, and WR. There are a ton of FAs at these positions. WR is overflowing with FA talent. You can live with Hall/Wilson for another 1-2 years if you know that you've got Luck locked down.If you are wrong on Luck, you lose nothing. You were going to lose without him anyway. So our 5-11 team just stays a crap team. If you are right, we'll have a franchise QB for 10 years and a winning team within 2 years..Yes I hear the rumors that RGIII appears better in some experts minds. Don't let them fool you. Luck graded 99/100 last year and 99/100 this year. RGIII had a great season, but he's hardly been consistent throughout his college career. Luck plays in a pro offense at Stanford. He's as sure as it gets. I give up the house to get him.
If you have to trade up to #2 to get Griffin the rumors floating around the internet that I have read have been 1st and 2nd this year and 1st and 3rd next year. For that price I'd rather just jump up to get Luck.
The colts aren't moving out of the top spot for anything, imo. Luck is a pipe dream for the Skins.The Colts are hell bent on taking a franchise qb and I don't blame them. The only possible scenario for the Skins to move up to #1 that I can imagine would have to include the Rams as a third trade partner, with the Skins moving up to 1.1, the Colts moving down a spot to 1.2 and the Rams moving down to 1.6. I'm guessing the Skins would have to give up basically their entire draft this year, multiple future #1's, other future picks and/or player(s). And that still might not get it done.

The colts aren't moving out of the top spot for anything, imo. Luck is a pipe dream for the Skins.The Colts are hell bent on taking a franchise qb and I don't blame them. The only possible scenario for the Skins to move up to #1 that I can imagine would have to include the Rams as a third trade partner, with the Skins moving up to 1.1, the Colts moving down a spot to 1.2 and the Rams moving down to 1.6. I'm guessing the Skins would have to give up basically their entire draft this year, multiple future #1's, other future picks and/or player(s). And that still might not get it done.
Yeah, unless RG3 blows everyone away in his workouts and interviews, the price gap between 1.01 and 1.02 is going to be pretty big.

Users who are viewing this thread