What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Black Friday on Prime Video - Dolphins at Jets** (+9.5, 40.5) 3:00 (3 Viewers)

ugh...will be charged to Tua, but was probably Evans' fault
Yep which is why I hate all leagues that charge for fumbles which is nearly every league you play in except my local leagues I have been running for 13-34 years and the DFWC doesn't charge for them.

Turns out Purdy vs Tua was a lot of nonsense both going to score about same without some miracle Tua play at end.

Purdy over Love not so much
I should have gone with my gut instead of the rankings and started Howell over Tua.

Miami lost a key cog in their defense. Achilles tendon for Philips. Van Ginkel will step into Philips's position and Long will drop to off-ball LB.

Phillips cart - oof. That’s a big blow to IDP teams. Non-contact. 😬
What I don't understand is how these extremely conditioned athletes go down with these non contact injuries and old non conditioned guys like me never get these. I know it is not the same but we also do all kinds of running movements, playing sports or playing around with your kids or the family dog. I guess they can move fast enough to cause these and we can't :shrug:

I would imagine the force they're able to put on these tendons is just so much more than guys like us.

But fwiw, I've had 3 friends tear their achilles in their 40's. I still play basketball and I'm just terrified it's going to happen at any moment.

Wish I had the sack to play Love over Tua but I did play Dobbs over Tua in a league.

Of course Wilson drops the TD that been fine. OMFG another Miami offsides JFC.

Was it last week or the week before where 6 or 7 games ended with a gw fg. That was fun.

People been talking about the demise of the NFL for years. Must be a bunch of soccer fans.
Don't get the comparison.. I am a huge soccer fan, especially La Liga and EPL. Those games are made to be low scoring and relatively defensive. NFL Football shouldn't be. The league is horrible right now.
No comparison. Just the implication that it almost feels like people have an ulterior motive. There's a whole thread from a few years ago how the NFL is going down
Yep, it's always "the league is going downhill, it's trash". Again, why are you watching something right now that you're not enjoying? There's plenty of people who are watching it, they wouldn't miss those people in the slightest.
Honest question, do you think this league is better, more exciting then it was, say 10-15 years ago..

Be honest.
Yes I absolutely think the game is more exciting than it was 15 years ago. More points, more passing, players are more athletic, etc. 100%.

Damn you kidding me you have it at the 1 and don't give it to Hall needed Hall more then Wilson.

Playing in a league where I have both Hall and Miami DEF and my Opponent has G Wilson that was a huge swing lost my DEF bonus pts and he gets a TD..............GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Damn you kidding me you have it at the 1 and don't give it to Hall needed Hall more then Wilson.

Playing in a league where I have both Hall and Miami DEF and my Opponent has G Wilson that was a huge swing lost my DEF bonus pts and he gets a TD..............GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Same. The league I have Hall my opponent has Wilson.
:wall:

Was it last week or the week before where 6 or 7 games ended with a gw fg. That was fun.

People been talking about the demise of the NFL for years. Must be a bunch of soccer fans.
Don't get the comparison.. I am a huge soccer fan, especially La Liga and EPL. Those games are made to be low scoring and relatively defensive. NFL Football shouldn't be. The league is horrible right now.
No comparison. Just the implication that it almost feels like people have an ulterior motive. There's a whole thread from a few years ago how the NFL is going down
I wonder if the rise of DFS has something to do with it? More people are watching these one off games because of it, folks without huge vested interest in either team....which all by itself means there are more people to complain....and more people watching a game rooting for a specific gambling interest when in the past they would have simply tuned out and done something else.

I really think I'm on to something here. I don't do the dailys, and the product doesn't seem much different to me. I watch them all because I LOVE the game
Yes this makes a lot of sense.

Option A: If you had Every game on Sunday morning for example, everyone would just watch the most exciting game (or their team play) and they would think everything is great and exciting.

Option B: Force people to watch every single NFL game (say, 3 games a day at different time slots, 5 days a week) and you're going to get people watching the "lesser games".

What we have no is in between, but trending more towards option B in the last 10 years.

If you just want to watch the good games, then just watch the good games and go rake your yard during the bad ones instead of complaining about how the NFL is a bad product.

So instead of letting Wilson run it who has been killing it ypc the whole game you bring in Evans who causes a fumble on his second touch. Fantasy football at its finest.

One thing that's different not playing fantasy anymore is I don't sit through random games as much

None of that happens without 3rd string Miami RB gifting them good field position just hang onto the freaking ball so Mostert back in

Al Mike really needs an actual game to call. These story times are starting to sound like a grandfather on the verge of Alzheimer's.

I'm sure your percentage went up from this game. This game was a plus for you.

I do have Wilson on my 31st ranked regular season cutline team that was hurt by Achane and Walker going down scoring me 3 pts total I am right outside the cutline need to be top 86 to move on.

Mostert going nuts at end here now

I wonder if the rise of DFS has something to do with it? More people are watching these one off games because of it, folks without huge vested interest in either team....which all by itself means there are more people to complain....and more people watching a game rooting for a specific gambling interest when in the past they would have simply tuned out and done something else.

I really think I'm on to something here. I don't do the dailys, and the product doesn't seem much different to me. I watch them all because I LOVE the game

Option A: If you had Every game on Sunday morning for example, everyone would just watch the most exciting game (or their team play) and they would think everything is great and exciting.

Option B: Force people to watch every single NFL game (say, 3 games a day at different time slots, 5 days a week) and you're going to get people watching the "lesser games".

What we have no is in between, but trending more towards option B in the last 10 years.

If you just want to watch the good games, then just watch the good games and go rake your yard during the bad ones instead of complaining about how the NFL is a bad product.
If you found this Jets/Dolphins monstrosity entertaining, more power to ya.

But at least 49ers/Seahawks was good last night, right? Oh wait.

What about Dallas/Washington? Terrible as well.

I will say it again: Fantasy Football/gambling is why the NFL is still kicking butt when it comes to revenue and viewership. It's not because of the product. People like me still watch out of habit more than anything, although I tend to watch far less now than I did years ago.

If you found this Jets/Dolphins monstrosity entertaining, more power to ya.

But at least 49ers/Seahawks was good last night, right? Oh wait.

What about Dallas/Washington? Terrible as well.

I will say it again: Fantasy Football/gambling is why the NFL is still kicking butt when it comes to revenue and viewership. It's not because of the product. People like me still watch out of habit more than anything, although I tend to watch far less now than I did years ago.
I think 2008 has it beat
Tennessee Titans 47, DETROIT LIONS 10
DALLAS COWBOYS 34, Seattle Seahawks 9
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 48, Arizona Cardinals 20

Users who are viewing this thread