What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Black Friday on Prime Video - Dolphins at Jets** (+9.5, 40.5) 3:00 (1 Viewer)

Was it last week or the week before where 6 or 7 games ended with a gw fg. That was fun.

People been talking about the demise of the NFL for years. Must be a bunch of soccer fans.
Don't get the comparison.. I am a huge soccer fan, especially La Liga and EPL. Those games are made to be low scoring and relatively defensive. NFL Football shouldn't be. The league is horrible right now.
No comparison. Just the implication that it almost feels like people have an ulterior motive. There's a whole thread from a few years ago how the NFL is going down

not quite getting all the comments. There have ALWAYS been bad games in any league. a third of all games are bad, another third merely meh.
And we did get a good one yesterday, or have folks already forgotten the GB upset?
An upset doesn't make it a good game. The Packers were by up two scores by late in the first quarter and it stayed that way until the Lions scored with under a minute left to make the final more respectable. That game wasn't good.
If you didn't find that Det-GB game entertaining, then perhaps it really is time to move on.
Probably one of the more entertaining gb-det Thanksgiving games I can remember.

Was it last week or the week before where 6 or 7 games ended with a gw fg. That was fun.

People been talking about the demise of the NFL for years. Must be a bunch of soccer fans.
Don't get the comparison.. I am a huge soccer fan, especially La Liga and EPL. Those games are made to be low scoring and relatively defensive. NFL Football shouldn't be. The league is horrible right now.
No comparison. Just the implication that it almost feels like people have an ulterior motive. There's a whole thread from a few years ago how the NFL is going down
Yep, it's always "the league is going downhill, it's trash". Again, why are you watching something right now that you're not enjoying? There's plenty of people who are watching it, they wouldn't miss those people in the slightest.

not quite getting all the comments. There have ALWAYS been bad games in any league. a third of all games are bad, another third merely meh.
And we did get a good one yesterday, or have folks already forgotten the GB upset?
An upset doesn't make it a good game. The Packers were by up two scores by late in the first quarter and it stayed that way until the Lions scored with under a minute left to make the final more respectable. That game wasn't good.
If you didn't find that Det-GB game entertaining, then perhaps it really is time to move on.
Probably one of the more entertaining gb-det Thanksgiving games I can remember.
For sure. Was quite a good game.

Yep, it's always "the league is going downhill, it's trash". Again, why are you watching something right now that you're not enjoying? There's plenty of people who are watching it, they wouldn't miss those people in the slightest.
It reminds me of the time my ex-wifes friend came over for the super bowl and spent the whole 1st half trying to convince me that soccer was more entertaining. I watched the 2nd half in the spare bedroom.

Great Amazon commercial with the giraffe and the marathon. No emotional manipulation. No appeals to social justice wink/nod/nudge. Just fun.

Honest question, do you think this league is better, more exciting then it was, say 10-15 years ago..

Be honest.

A few good games doesn't make up for the 6-70% of them being awful and seems like the awful ones are the ones on TV and are the ones that are nationally broadcasted. How many horrible Sunday night and Thursday night games have we had.
So basically every game has to be Eagles-Chiefs, Cowboys-Niners, etc.? So only good teams are allowed to play and be broadcast?
I think what people are complaining about is the lack of parity. There's always going to be good teams, and there's always going to be bad teams. Not every game can be two powerhouses playing each other. If you don't like it? Then just don't watch. I think another reason people are unhappy with the product is all these island games on Thursdays and Mondays, and now even on this Black Friday, so you don't have a choice of what to watch and are stuck watching whatever is on the schedule. If the matchup doesn't interest you, then just find something else to do on Thursdays and Mondays.
Never said that, but your better games should be on prime time.. There was no reason the Jets-Raiders should have been a prime time national televised matchup.

I have been saying all season if College football can announce a weekly times and tv schedule 7 days out the NFL can also.
that's problematic though. You'd think networks could adjust ok, but for fans that actually go to the games it's patently unfair to move a game from say Sunday afternoon to Monday night, and you certainly couldn't move anyone to a Thursday. The Sunday night flexing works ok.

Maybe there just shouldn't be so many one off games? Do we need Thursday nights or this Friday game? Or maybe do TWO games in these spots simultaneously instead of just one?

Honest question, do you think this league is better, more exciting then it was, say 10-15 years ago..

Be honest.
About the same overall. Maybe a little bit down, but that's more about the safety rules....too many bad roughing and other PF calls

Phillips cart - oof. That’s a big blow to IDP teams. Non-contact. 😬
What I don't understand is how these extremely conditioned athletes go down with these non contact injuries and old non conditioned guys like me never get these. I know it is not the same but we also do all kinds of running movements, playing sports or playing around with your kids or the family dog. I guess they can move fast enough to cause these and we can't :shrug:

What I don't understand is how these extremely conditioned athletes go down with these non contact injuries and old non conditioned guys like me never get these. I know it is not the same but we also do all kinds of running movements, playing sports or playing around with your kids or the family dog. I guess they can move fast enough to cause these and we can't :shrug:
Lifetime of stress on tendons/joints.

Woot! Another sack!

I wonder if the rise of DFS has something to do with it? More people are watching these one off games because of it, folks without huge vested interest in either team....which all by itself means there are more people to complain....and more people watching a game rooting for a specific gambling interest when in the past they would have simply tuned out and done something else.

I really think I'm on to something here. I don't do the dailys, and the product doesn't seem much different to me. I watch them all because I LOVE the game

So a couple weeks ago I looked at the Miami schedule yet didn't scoop them for leagues instead I scooped Detroit DEF for their schedule they goosed me in a leagues yesterday while Miami DEF is going wild..............not great Bob

Guarantee the horrible Jets franchise will go into next season and STILL won't get a backup QB that can throw a forward pass. And they will just roll along with the high school OLine they have.

I tore my Achilles playing basketball. Was sprinting after a loose ball and it just popped. I was 45 and in good shape for 45, but still nowhere near a professional athlete. It’s all about force with Achilles. Just an extreme amount of force concentrated on that particular movement.

Turns out Purdy vs Tua was a lot of nonsense both going to score about same without some miracle Tua play at end.

Purdy over Love not so much

Users who are viewing this thread