What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (2 Viewers)

Maybe this is the best place to ask that.

Michigan has 12 commits right now and most say that they will sign 22 or so for the 2013 class. They have around 40-50 offers out to different players. People are saying that Michigan can now be picky about who they take. What if they have have 6 or 7 kids that they have offered that want in, but they are looking at players they want more to fill out their class. Do they have to pull offers?

Thanks.

Maybe this is the best place to ask that. Michigan has 12 commits right now and most say that they will sign 22 or so for the 2013 class. They have around 40-50 offers out to different players. People are saying that Michigan can now be picky about who they take. What if they have have 6 or 7 kids that they have offered that want in, but they are looking at players they want more to fill out their class. Do they have to pull offers?Thanks.
I was reading on Rivals that they COULD get to 25 for this class, though, I'm not sure how. At any rate, Hoke and company seem to give out genuine offers and it's first come first serve. Now, the true test will come when a 3* guy has committed, filling their slots at say LB and then a 4* LB decides he wants to come. By all accounts, these kids seem to understand how Hoke is going to do things and they respect him for it.

Maybe this is the best place to ask that. Michigan has 12 commits right now and most say that they will sign 22 or so for the 2013 class. They have around 40-50 offers out to different players. People are saying that Michigan can now be picky about who they take. What if they have have 6 or 7 kids that they have offered that want in, but they are looking at players they want more to fill out their class. Do they have to pull offers?Thanks.
I was reading on Rivals that they COULD get to 25 for this class, though, I'm not sure how. At any rate, Hoke and company seem to give out genuine offers and it's first come first serve. Now, the true test will come when a 3* guy has committed, filling their slots at say LB and then a 4* LB decides he wants to come. By all accounts, these kids seem to understand how Hoke is going to do things and they respect him for it.
Thanks.I think since I just started following recruiting with the hire of Hoke I have been a bit spoiled. Not wanting to fill the class with 3 stars when they are getting interest from so many 4 star kids. This weekend totally spoiled me.

Thanks.I think since I just started following recruiting with the hire of Hoke I have been a bit spoiled. Not wanting to fill the class with 3 stars when they are getting interest from so many 4 star kids. This weekend totally spoiled me.
I just started following it this last year myself (because of gump). It can be addicting.

I was pretty meh about the whole Hoke hiring, but damn this guy really knows how to coach and present himself. He just seems like a genuine straight shooter, nothing slick about him at all. He just has a way of getting you excited about Michigan football without even being all rah rah.

I was pretty meh about the whole Hoke hiring, but damn this guy really knows how to coach and present himself. He just seems like a genuine straight shooter, nothing slick about him at all. He just has a way of getting you excited about Michigan football without even being all rah rah.
Michigan Man (Mishigen Man) Noun- A guy who really knows how to present himself. Is a genuine straight shooter, nothing slick about him at all.

Leading for Levenberry (LB)

A little insight into how these players see Hoke and how he presents himself:

Said E.J., "Let me tell you about coach Hoke. He's a family person. He does everything by the book. He cares about each one of his players. ... They're family and they treat you like how your parents raised you and how they want you to grow up as a man. They're going to give you that tough love but in the long run it's going to pay off."

It sure seems like there are a lot of LBs interested in coming to AA. Right now it is tough to fit the wish list into the last 10 spots.

With 7 spots (maybe more) left it is really impressive the type of impact names that Michigan is in on for these last spots. Much like the last O-Line spots there seems to be more names than spots. No way they land all the guys that have Michigan rated high right now, but seem to have highly rated players in areas of need thinking blue. Class has potential to be the top class.

Looks like Hoke and Co. have hooked another one. #14 Mike McCray II a Ohio Legacy has committed to attend Michigan.

There is also growing buzz that there will be 2 more by the weekend and a 50/50 shot that one of them is today. Ty Isaac please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Hoke and Co. have hooked another one. #14 Mike McCray II a Ohio Legacy has committed to attend Michigan.There is also growing buzz that there will be 2 more by the weekend and a 50/50 shot that one of them is today. Ty Isaac please!
Sorry for the delay....list updated. That's two LBs for this class. Hoke and Co. have been pretty consistent in their message that they'd only be taking two LBs in this class, but there are still some very good ones very interested. Wonder what they do if one decides they too want to commit.

'wadegarrett said:
Looks like Hoke and Co. have hooked another one. #14 Mike McCray II a Ohio Legacy has committed to attend Michigan.
It's no free tattoo, but still...Michigan players' tweets are possible violations
Unfortunately, its absolutely a silly violation of NCAA rules. They should not have done it. Also, there will be no punishment. Its a nothing violation, obviously.But Brady needs to make sure everyone on the team knows the twitter rules.

Looks like Hoke and Co. have hooked another one. #14 Mike McCray II a Ohio Legacy has committed to attend Michigan.There is also growing buzz that there will be 2 more by the weekend and a 50/50 shot that one of them is today. Ty Isaac please!
Sorry for the delay....list updated. That's two LBs for this class. Hoke and Co. have been pretty consistent in their message that they'd only be taking two LBs in this class, but there are still some very good ones very interested. Wonder what they do if one decides they too want to commit.
They consider Taco to be a DE so when they say they are taking 2 LBs Taco is not counted in that. Now it does look like Gedeon may have done a silent commit because one of the coaches told Anzalone not to visit because they were full at LB. I am still hoping they hold a spot for Levenberry.

They consider Taco to be a DE so when they say they are taking 2 LBs Taco is not counted in that. Now it does look like Gedeon may have done a silent commit because one of the coaches told Anzalone not to visit because they were full at LB. I am still hoping they hold a spot for Levenberry.
They will absolutely hold a spot for Levenberry.

Sorry to hijak here... but for you UofM football fans, you may have interest in this:

http://www.SwingToCureDiabetes.com

This is a golf outing chaired by one of my closest friends to benefit JDRF, UofM CDC and ultimately his son who has Juvenile Diabetes (who will also be going to UofM next year). My buddy was a UofM football player back in the late 70s/early 80s and still has very strong ties to the program. He's very good friends with Lloyd and Brady Hoke. I mention all this because there are always a bunch of UofM football guys at this event. If you can support this cause, and enjoy a great day of golf with a bunch of UofMers it would be appreciated.

TIA

- Kee

Wow, this class will be full before school lets out.

#16 committed yesterday. Ohio RB DeVeon Smith. His ratings are all over the board, but he should be a beast behind the O-Line they have put together.

Thanks for the update. I was out of town this weekend and am just getting back in the flow. Honestly, after the turd the Bball team laid on Friday, I needed a break :bag:

There is also growing buzz that there will be 2 more by the weekend and a 50/50 shot that one of them is today. Ty Isaac please!
Silent no longer...welcome Mr Gedeon :thumbup:

I'll be the first to admit I've not heard of this kid. It's being spun on various Michigan sites as "under the radar" but welcome Mr York! WRs being added to the fold is a good thing.

Michigan redshirt freshman defensive end Chris Rock has left the team, sources close to the program confirmed today. Rock, a Columbus (Ohio) St. Francis DeSales product, had yet to play a down at U-M.Rock had grown to 6-5, 267 pounds and was battling for a back-up role in 2012. He was a Rivals.com three-star recruit, the No. 38 player in Ohio in the 2011 class.Watch for more on Rock in the days to come ...
Wish him well in future endeavors.

Link

This rivalry might actually be restored to what it once was yet.
:goodposting: I predict some serious pregame extraciricular acivty this season.
I was only 3-4 years old during the Bo/Woody years and let's face it since then it's been lopsided one way or the other. It's kinda sucked. Michigan's defense is still trying to recoup from the neglect suffered from 2008 - 2011, but all the ingredients are there to make this thing fun again.

Users who are viewing this thread