What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Wildcards-Seattle@Green Bay (1 Viewer)

I think Seattle covers at 7.5.
I think that point spread is way too high. These are two very evenly-matched teams. Packers get 3 for being at home, but that's all I think they should get. This should be a terrific game.

great cutback by Alexander there.these commentators are SO MUCH BETTER than the ESPN crew it's unreal. I can actually listen to this.

Alexander isn't quick but is probably the best at reading blocks

Last edited by a moderator:
great cutback by Alexander there.these commentators are SO MUCH BETTER than the ESPN crew it's unreal. I can actually listen to this.
I've been impressed with Aikman since he started working for Fox. I didn't have high hopes for him, but I think he does a real good job. I like Collinsworth because he isn't afraid to speak his mind, even if the comments seem way out of left field at times. And Buck's a rock solid play-by-play guy.

So far this game looks like a couple of fighters jabbing at each other.Who'll be the first to get in a hard punch?Green Bay have good position to get it going

Possibly top of the second tier, with Priest Holmes being alone in the first.
As good as Holmes is, Ahman Green is right with him when it comes to reading blocks and showing patience to allow the holes to open for him.

This is the best eample I've seen of the complaint that officials are calling the game with challenges in mind. They seemed to let that go expecting a challenge.

I do agree with the commentary that it's awfully stupid for a team to be penalized for winning a challenge. Holmgren got the challenge right and still loses a challenge in the process. Stupid.

HOW is that a 'tuck rule', it was simply a pass that slipped out of the QBs hand as he was throwing it. Incomplete pass.Refereeing in the NFL sucks this year.

This is the best eample I've seen of the complaint that officials are calling the game with challenges in mind. They seemed to let that go expecting a challenge.
This was an extreme case, because the play looked like a clear incomplete pass, but would we rather have the officials blow the whistle with no chance at replay? It's a fine line and a situation that they (officials) will never win.

I do agree with the commentary that it's awfully stupid for a team to be penalized for winning a challenge. Holmgren got the challenge right and still loses a challenge in the process. Stupid.
I don't agree. If you don't have that rule, you end up with coaches challenging because they want a 3rd & 3 instead of a 3rd & 4, essentially delaying the game.

HOW is that a 'tuck rule', it was simply a pass that slipped out of the QBs hand as he was throwing it. Incomplete pass.Refereeing in the NFL sucks this year.
looked to me like he was stopping his throwing motion when the ball slipped out

I had to laugh when they played the theme music for "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the play-by-play guy credited it as one of the scores used for those classic NFL films pieces. :rotflmao:

I don't agree. If you don't have that rule, you end up with coaches challenging because they want a 3rd & 3 instead of a 3rd & 4, essentially delaying the game.
If they win the challenge, they shouldn't be penalized. I understand the point about delaying the game, but if there's two clear-cut situations later in this game that would benefit the Seahawks, Holmgren may not be able to challenge because he "won" a challenge already. The point of replay should be to rectify mistakes and not enable mistakes to dictate the outcome of the game. By penalizing a team for winning a challenge, that objective is less effective. By the way, great deep ball from Favre to Walker into the wind.

The Seahawks look like a fighter in desperate need of a bell before they get knocked out.I saw Pirates of the Caribbean a few days ago. When I die I want to be reincarnated as Kiera Knightley's (sp?) bicycle seat. :thumbup: :yes:

looked to me like he was stopping his throwing motion when the ball slipped out
But his other hand was nowhere near the ball.....If THAT is the tuck rule, it sucks.

Seattle is beating themselves.They should try throwing some balls to wide receivers rather than running backs down field. Morris has 2 drops and Alexander dropped one right in his numbers.Robinson has one to but you still have to go to your WR's. Give me a break already.

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean a few days ago. When I die I want to be reincarnated as Kiera Knightley's (sp?) bicycle seat. :thumbup: :yes:
LOL. You should check out her commentary on the DVD for the movie. She's a riot. She's not only gorgeous, but she seems like the kinda girl you could have a great time with in a bar knocking a few beers back. Ummmm when she turns 21, of course. ;)

They just played a song off of the Pirates of The Caribbean soundtrack to highlight plays from the first half of the game.You guys should seriously buy or download that soundtrack, it's kickass.

Comments made here that I agree with:1) these announcers blow the heck out of both announcing teams yesterday - fully listenable, and I agree with most of what is said. I normally can't stand Collingsworth, especially on NFL Live, but he has brought his A-game today.2) Noone reads blocks better than Priest Holmes, but AhMan Green is getting up there. SA is a fine runner, and reads blocks well, but he doesn't "glide" along looking for the holes the way Priest and Ahman do - both runners macth their linemen's feet while they move along patiently looking for the hole. SA looks for where the hole is supposed to be and then goes for it. There's a HUGE difference between those two styles. In a couple years, SA may be where these two guys are. Incidentally - Ricky Williams in 2002 was patient like these two guys as well, and could afford to be. This year . . . 3) The 'hawks are down and out LUCKY to only be a TD down and they should be feeling pretty darned good about themselves right now that they weren't blown out in the first half. The Packers should be kicking themselves for missed opps - including only one TD after three or four drives started near the 50, or inside 'hawks territory.4) GO PACK - I need you to start scoring a chunk o' change to get near the over bet of 43. I bought a point since -7.5 is way too high, but -6.5 has better odds of making a winner out of a 27-20, 27-17 game.5) KRob, MMorris, and SA have all dropped easy passes - it is harder to catch the ball against your body in the cold - you MUST use your fingers and palms even though it hurts. The receivers should all get a good talking to about sucking up the pain in the second half. Hass looks GREAT. If KRob didn't have such hands of stone, I'd draft Hass in the top-10 of QBs. I think the team should pursue TOwens - can you imagine TO lined up opposite DJax?OK, back to the game for (hopefully) a scoring fest in the second half - another 14-18 points out of the Pack, and a couple of late TDs from Seattle, and my betting day goes from uh-oh, to yay.

there only moving the ball because they are warm... let them sit on the sidelines and cool down and they will return to first half form.

It was a tough play for Nieves to make, but it's yet another example of the Packers' defense failing to force turnovers. They were outstanding in that area last year, but have been pretty poor in that regard this year.

watching this game is agonizing. i like the comment about Seattle being warm so that is why they are moving the ball. i guess we will see but unless the Pack move the ball i dont see this game going much more than 23-20.

Usually a play pass like Hasselbeck just made would end up in an interception. Still, he made the play and deserves huge credit for getting the Seahawks into scoring position (along with Robinson's great run after the catch).

collinsworth- not 4-down territory. when you have a chance to take a lead on the road you have to take it. oh well, moot now. i like this b/c i think the hawks will set the game up for a vintage favre comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread