What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Sunday Night Football - Chiefs at Packers** (+6, 43) 8:20 (1 Viewer)

Just sick of refs determining games. The ref who missed the MVS PI should be fired on the tarmac. I’m not kidding
Refs didn’t determine anything. They missed calls on both sides, only a blind homer couldn’t see that.
Yeah. Sure. Mahomes hit shouldn’t have been a penalty. But he was right on the line and it wasn’t easy to see real time. We’ve seen many calls like that. He had the first down anyway and what’s 15 yards to Mahomes? Affected nothing. The MVS non call was a pure mugging a full 2 counts before the ball arrived. Blatant that would have been first and goal on the 5. Completely changed the outcome. You saying that equaled out?

Is there now a "book" out on how to stop Mahomes -- and opponents are just following it to a T? Dude's stats are just nose-diving these days. Double Kelce and call it a night?
Yea teams should have been doing that since Hill left. I’ll still never understand how Kelce ran free like a horse in a field all last postseason.

Just sick of refs determining games. The ref who missed the MVS PI should be fired on the tarmac. I’m not kidding
Refs didn’t determine anything. They missed calls on both sides, only a blind homer couldn’t see that.
Yeah. Sure. Mahomes hit shouldn’t have been a penalty. But he was right on the line and it wasn’t easy to see real time. We’ve seen many calls like that. He had the first down anyway and what’s 15 yards to Mahomes? Affected nothing. The MVS non call was a pure mugging a full 2 counts before the ball arrived. Blatant that would have been first and goal on the 5. Completely changed the outcome. You saying that equaled out?
That awful 15 yard late hit call was huge considering field position, clock and situation (no KC timeouts). As was the missed PI, but let’s not pretend it doesn’t matter.

Gimme a break, People need to stop with this crap. "Mahomes is so awesome, so if the officials just hand him 15 yards, it doesn't matter because he would have gotten it anyway!' Right, because he and the Chiefs offense are so lights out and unstoppable this season. What did they score last night, 19 points? Woah, stand back.

And let's be honest, while the non-call on the PI was bad, the Chiefs had TWO huge calls go their way on the last drive: getting 15 for the legal hit on Mahomes and then the official stopping the clock with 19 seconds left when the receiver's forward progress had been stopped in bounds (that gave the Chiefs several extra plays at the end).

It was also an 8 point game. 1st and goal does't meant they get the TD and 2 point conversion. So, saying it changed the outcome of the game...isn't true.
Well, it did change the situation and the odds of Mahomes getting a TD. That’s not really debatable.

But as noted by Ghost Rider, the 15-yard fake penalty was huge too. That allowed Mahomes the ability to just chuck and lob passes near the goalline. If he was 15 yds farther back, that’s a much bigger task.

It was also an 8 point game. 1st and goal does't meant they get the TD and 2 point conversion. So, saying it changed the outcome of the game...isn't true.
Well, it did change the situation and the odds of Mahomes getting a TD. That’s not really debatable.

But as noted by Ghost Rider, the 15-yard fake penalty was huge too. That allowed Mahomes the ability to just chuck and lob passes near the goalline. If he was 15 yds farther back, that’s a much bigger task.
The Pacheco 15-yarder came after the bogus sideline call.

Come on man, did you see the hit? It's football not ice dancing, AND he was in bounds. That gave them an extra 15yds on a potential game tying drive.

I don't care about equal, but if you want to go there, fine, it equaled out.

The Refs NEVER determine any outcome. There are 60 minutes of football and over a hundred plays so let's stop with that nonsense.

The Pacheco 15-yarder came after the bogus sideline call.
Before the Mahomes fake penalty, KC would have been at their own 40.

After the various penalties, Mahomes threw the non-PI pass to MVS from the 50.

That differential in yardage mattered.

The right team won, in my opinion. Yes the officiating sucked, but I think it sucked evenly at least.

Fun stat, Matt LaFleur is now 16-0 in December as Packers HC. Giants/Bucs/Panthers are Green Bay's next 3, so that undefeated streak should stand.

Gimme a break, People need to stop with this crap. "Mahomes is so awesome, so if the officials just hand him 15 yards, it doesn't matter because he would have gotten it anyway!' Right, because he and the Chiefs offense are so lights out and unstoppable this season. What did they score last night, 19 points? Woah, stand back.

And let's be honest, while the non-call on the PI was bad, the Chiefs had TWO huge calls go their way on the last drive: getting 15 for the legal hit on Mahomes and then the official stopping the clock with 19 seconds left when the receiver's forward progress had been stopped in bounds (that gave the Chiefs several extra plays at the end).

If they get these two right, the long pass to MVS never happens. The reality is the Chiefs were gifted an opportunity to tie the game at the end.

If they get these two right, the long pass to MVS never happens. The reality is the Chiefs were gifted an opportunity to tie the game at the end.
Exactly

MVS was mugged, period

Was at the game and it was a great game, marred by 4 bad calls near the end. 2 favored the Chiefs and 2 favored the Packers.

Can anyone explain or did the broadcast explain Mahommes firing the ball out of bounds on 3rd down with 8 seconds left? Didnt seem like a very smart play on his part. Its not like he took a few seconds to see if anything was there before he threw it away. He immediately threw a lazer out of bounds. The Chiefs could have had 2 shots at the end zone and instead only got one. Anyone?

@ChiefD is at the game with his son today in Green Bay, what an experience that is going to be

Hit us up with the Lambeau report @ChiefD
I could not have asked for anything better in my life to experience. Walking up the tunnel and seeing the field was like seeing color television for the first time. I’m not sure I could write enough words to be honest. We had the perfect weather day:

Snow walking up the stadium and tapering off by kickoff. And the weather was around 30, so it was cold enough for a Lambeau experience but not enough to make it uncomfortable. Just perfect really.

Driving into Green Bay is an experience in and of itself. You’ve probably heard about how Lambeau is right in a residential neighborhood. So most of the houses have signs in the front:

”Park and Pee here. Easy in easy out - $20”.

You park in the front yard and these folks let you use their bathrooms if you have to pee. Of course they are tailgating too so it’s just tailgates everywhere. The businesses also sell spots to park and tailgate. You could park at Ace Hardware, pay $45, set up your tailgate with tents and such, and the store was open so you could use the toilet. All the while about a 1 mile (or less) walk to the stadium.

@gruecd had told us where to park because you can park on the street for free if you find a neighborhood, so we followed his advice and found a street to park. About a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

We then met him and his wife at a bar and sat there from about 3:30 to about 6 drinking beers and eating food. Every bar around there was packed. Parking lots were packed. So we were warm and had a bathroom the whole time. Just awesome.

And then Lambeau. The people could not have been nicer. A lot of good natured ribbing back and forth but nothing nasty at all. Had probably 30 just come up and said welcome to Lambeau, hope you have a great time, etc…..

When you walk out that tunnel to the seats, you can just FEEL that stadium, if you know what I mean. You can feel the heartbeat of that stadium. The soul of it. As if the spirits that played there are still around just keep an eye on things. I told my son:

”Look around. See those names up there. Think about what this stadium means to the history of football. Just look around and breathe it all in.”

And he did. The smiles on his face. His comments all night about how awesome it was - I could not have written a better script for him and us.

The stadium is miles better than Arrowhead. in all aspects. It’s not even close.

But Arrowhead is louder. In the big moments when the crowd is in full throat on third and longs and such, Arrowhead is louder.

These two stadiums have to be 1a and 1b in terms of game day experience in the NFL. But they are just two different game day experiences.

A good game and the Packers simply out-schemed the Chiefs. Spags got had fair and square.

But Lambeau was the perfect capper on the day, which began when we visited his college campus earlier in the day. His new football coaches greeted him with warmth and open arms and damn….it made me feel good to see that as a dad. Just confirmed that he made the right choice and we got to see all the important campus stuff - dorms and food.

A beautiful weekend man.

Last edited:
@ChiefD is at the game with his son today in Green Bay, what an experience that is going to be

I could not have asked for anything better in my life to experience. Walking up the tunnel and seeing the field was like seeing color television for the first time. I’m not sure I could write enough words to be honest. We had the perfect weather day:

Snow walking up the stadium and tapering off by kickoff. And the weather was around 30, so it was cold enough for a Lambeau experience but not enough to make it uncomfortable. Just perfect really.

Driving into Green Bay is an experience in and of itself. You’ve probably heard about how Lambeau is right in a residential neighborhood. So most of the houses have signs in the front:

You park in the front yard and these folks let you use their bathrooms if you have to pee. Of course they are tailgating too so it’s just tailgates everywhere. The businesses also sell spots to park and tailgate. You could park at Ace Hardware, pay $45, set up your tailgate with tents and such, and the store was open so you could use the toilet. All the while about a 1 mile (or less) walk to the stadium.

@gruecd had told us where to park because you can park on the street for free if you find a neighborhood, so we followed his advice and found a street to park. About a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

We then met him and his wife at a bar and sat there from about 3:30 to about 6 drinking beers and eating food. Every bar around there was packed. Parking lots were packed. So we were warm and had a bathroom the whole time. Just awesome.

And then Lambeau. The people could not have been nicer. A lot of good natured ribbing back and forth but nothing nasty at all. Had probably 30 just come up and said welcome to Lambeau, hope you have a great time, etc…..

When you walk out that tunnel to the seats, you can just FEEL that stadium, if you know what I mean. You can feel the heartbeat of that stadium. The soul of it. As if the spirits that played there are still around just keep an eye on things. I told my son:

”Look around. See those names up there. Think about what this stadium means to the history of football. Just look around and breathe it all in.”

And he did. The smiles on his face. His comments all night about how awesome it was - I could not have written a better script for him and us.

The stadium is miles better than Arrowhead. in all aspects. It’s not even close.

But Arrowhead is louder. In the big moments when the crowd is in full throat on third and longs and such, Arrowhead is louder.

These two stadiums have to be 1a and 1b in terms of game day experience in the NFL. But they are just two different game day experiences.

A good game and the Packers simply out-schemed the Chiefs. Spags got had fair and square.

But Lambeau was the perfect capper on the day, which began when we visited his college campus earlier in the day. His new football coaches greeted him with warmth and open arms and damn….it made me feel good to see that as a dad. Just confirmed that he made the right choice and we got to see all the important campus stuff - dorms and food.

A beautiful weekend man.

Awesome report and I'm glad you had a great time. I've been to well over 100 games at Lambeau and still get that great feeling when I walk through the tunnel from the concourse and see the field. Several friends of mine were at the game last night and the general consensus is it was one of those special nights at Lambeau when everything feels right. I remember the first time I took my son to a game there as well - fantastic experience.

A beautiful weekend man.

Awesome report and I'm glad you had a great time. I've been to well over 100 games at Lambeau and still get that great feeling when I walk through the tunnel from the concourse and see the field. Several friends of mine were at the game last night and the general consensus is it was one of those special nights at Lambeau when everything feels right. I remember the first time I took my son to a game there as well - fantastic experience.
Yeah, that’s a good way to describe it - “when everything feels right.”

And for Packers fans, everyone was over the moon with that win. That was a HUGE win for your team for this year AND moving forward. So that excitement was really cool to see. And we have been spoiled lately of course so it didn’t really affect us much.

It was just fun.

A beautiful weekend man.
Can’t possibly love this post enough. So happy that you and your son had that experience. You’re a good egg Chief. Bummed to miss your trip to Lambeau, but also really glad that everyone was friendly and helped make it memorable for you guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread